Bring4th

Full Version: Official Homecoming 2015 Thread!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It's that time of year again!

As we are still working to regain our bearings in the wake of Carla's passing, the three of us remaining at the L/L Research homebase got together to discuss this year's Homecoming gathering. The event hinged completely on Jim's needs and preference. Fortunately when asked if he would be interested in hosting this year's Homecoming, he did not for a moment hesitate: we would keep the torch lit and continue dreaming the impossible dream.

Homecoming runs from Friday, September 4 to Sunday, September 6.

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss everything Homecoming, along with arranging carpooling and hotel sharing.

For more information and to register, please visit this page.

Homecoming was particularly a special time for Carla, where she got to mingle and interact with many seekers who have been touched by her work over the years. While Carla will not be joining us on the physical plane, we have no doubt she'll be smiling down at this joyous and love-filled event. Most who attend can attest to the magic in the air at the gathering of such souls and the recharging of spiritual batteries.

Jim, Gary, and I can't wait to see you!

With love and light,
The L/L Crew
How fast do the spots fill up? We definitely intend to come but the $400 needs to be saved for which may take a little bit
It varies depending on the year. This year is feeling like a full house, so they may fill up fast. If you're sure you're coming, shoot us an email and we'll put some spots on hold for you.
Allll depends on ze cash, but it may be full before I can guarantee.
$400 yikes.
That's for two people Gemini Smile
damn. I just spent 20-25 minutes filling in an application for a visa waiver into the US, and then it told me my old waiver was still valid.

I just assumed these things would only last for 12 months, but instead they last for 2 years.

*facepalm*

oh well, paid my registration fee for Homecoming, plane tickets were booked months ago, just 3 months till I'm back in Louisville.

yay!
I will move heaven and earth to get Tanner here if I have to.
I would love to meet the L/L community but the cost is beyond me this year. When I noticed Jim's earings during his interview with Denise Wilbanks I felt an instant association. I said to my fiancee "Hey do you remember when I had a loop and stud in my left ear? Look at Jim's!"

The hippy connection aside, GLB, Austin, plenum, anagogy, isis, yera and more have all said things on this forum that have affirmed or deepened my own perspective. 

In the meantime, thank you for your efforts at hinting to me that, at times I am somewhat off track! (especially the mods)

<3
I do feel called to come in some manner but it surely won't be this year. 

I am one who hides in the shadows. Maybe one day I will meet you all. Maybe not on this earth. Maybe I already met some of you prior to this life.

I do think of you all as a familly even if I do like to mirror opposites which seem to annoy some.
Will depend on work for me, and if it is full by the time I know, then so be it, the spots will be well filled.

I agree, Minyatur. I feel close to everyone here in spirit and there is no distance in that regard.

Although, Plenum is a great marketer, he has painted a nice picture of what the event is like, and I would enjoy to attend.
Just wondering how many spots are still open for homecoming?
(07-10-2015, 10:07 AM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering how many spots are still open for homecoming?

Hi Sabou, there are still plenty of spots. I don't think we're in any danger of filling up this year.
(07-10-2015, 10:56 AM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2015, 10:07 AM)Sabou Wrote: [ -> ]Just wondering how many spots are still open for homecoming?

Hi Sabou, there are still plenty of spots. I don't think we're in any danger of filling up this year.

Ok thanks Gary, good to know, hopefully there will be a good turn out.
Well, I got approved for the time off work, now to somehow scrape together a grand to pay for the trip and event...
(07-10-2015, 06:09 PM)Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I got approved for the time off work, now to somehow scrape together a grand to pay for the trip and event...

You have heart, intelligence, looks and charm and your out of ideas!? I would fund you if I saw you busking  Tongue
omg nicholas ru hitting on farseer? Tongue
(07-11-2015, 05:28 PM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2015, 06:09 PM)Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I got approved for the time off work, now to somehow scrape together a grand to pay for the trip and event...

You have heart, intelligence, looks and charm and your out of ideas!? I would fund you if I saw you busking  Tongue

There's always Youtube.
(07-11-2015, 05:28 PM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]

It's more that I hate asking for money.
One year I'll be there (I work weekends). Can't wait!
was really hoping to attend this year but the cards aren't falling into place yet again due to funds. Maybe next year
damn.  Less than 4 weeks to my flight, and still haven't got all my stuff organized.

1) write my Homecoming presentation
2) order luggage bag (carry on)
Sounds like some real tough probs there, pleno Wink

I hope everyone has fun!!! Still holding out hope for my windfall.  Angel
Def, some serious 1st World Problems.   Smile

Hope the Confederation Fairy comes and fiddles a solution for you to attend  Heart

still don't know what the current headcount/attendee list is like.  Gotta get an update on that!
Well, the facts are in, I shall not be attending this year's Homecoming. It seems its just not in the cards this year, but I sincerely hope to be more prepared and be able to attend next year. Have a good one all, have a beer for me.
I'm in. See y'all there!
(08-19-2015, 05:07 PM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]I'm in.  See y'all there!

well, it looks like we had a quota of 1 Jeremy to attend this year.
Well, I'm writing my presentation; I'm more than halfway through, but almost disabled from writer's cramp!  :@   I should have it written and typed up by bedtime tonight, though. Smile
(09-01-2015, 02:44 PM)Eddie Wrote: [ -> ]Well, I'm writing my presentation; I'm more than halfway through, but almost disabled from writer's cramp!  :@   I should have it written and typed up by bedtime tonight, though. Smile

Glad you got something written up, Eddie!

For those who've interacted with Eddie only through the forums or the net, you really miss out. In person his energy is not only as kind and sociable as it gets, but he's a human encyclopedia of knowledge that just opens up a wealth of information with exact recall when you run search queries to him. : )

Ankh has already arrived with another mutual friend from Sweden, and got a text from Plenum that he's in LAX on his way. (He sent the first text yesterday morning.) Garry, I don't think you could travel further on this planet.

My wife, Lana, and Nadja are running an epic grocery trip and we're beginning the home stretch to the event. 31 people this year with 15 presentations. It will be our first Homecoming without Carla, though I have to believe that she won't miss the event now that she can see the "dome of light" she so often described being created at events where people of like-heart gather.

We're all looking forward to seeing the few of you who will be here, and sending love to all.

: ) GLB
You're too kind, Gary. Blush 

I sent the text off to you at 10PM last night.
Pages: 1 2