Bring4th

Full Version: STOS path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How about a Service to Others Selfishly path?

We're not exactly controlling others like STS.

But we don't do anything unless it benefits us in some way.

I have no idea if this path is harvestable.
And if others are controlling, we are less likely to help them. Or listen to their commands.
We are not doormats.
I think that's just wisdom.
Fake it until you make it 

I am just kidding, I don't think that is a bad place to start at all.  

It is good to have motivation to want to help others, and if knowing that it will help yourself too then it is a win-win situation, no?

The more you help others, because it benefits yourself, the more you will understand the reasons why it benefits you, and that is the key. 
The polarities aren't paths.  Paths lead to polarities.  If you try to invent a path that splits the difference, that's exactly what you'll end up doing - meandering back and forth without embracing either.    And honestly, what you're describing is basically just STS-lite.  It's a self-centered attitude that's not focused or willful enough to be harvestable, and without enough positivity to make it likely a person would cross the 50% threshold in the other direction.

Polarizing either way sufficient to make the 3D-->4D graduation requires a level of deliberate choice and deliberate behavior.  A positive entity truly embraces the idea of universal interconnection and sees how helping others also helps the self, so they set out to deliberately try to improve the world in some way.  OTOH, a harvestable negative entity isn't just a sad\mean\angry bastard.  He's someone who's deliberately dedicated himself to the manipulation\oppression of others for the sake of personal gain, almost exclusively.  

Harvestability, as I gather it, is largely a reflection of one's self-awareness and self-actualization.  Simply being reactionary and doing to others as they do unto you would make it difficult to obtain either quality.  So it seems fairly unlikely to me that this would lead to significant polarization in either direction.

(Then again, perhaps some people are here to lead deliberately grey, neutral lives to teach them patience or something. Who knows? (*shrug*))
I think the real truth of what happens after death is somewhere between Ra and something else. I think it is more than just polarities. I think we choose which world we wish to incarnate on.
(05-21-2015, 04:19 PM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]Harvestability, as I gather it, is largely a reflection of one's self-awareness and self-actualization.  

I like this point a lot. This is what I'm trying to help Gemini understand.
(05-21-2015, 04:24 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I think the real truth of what happens after death is somewhere between Ra and something else. I think it is more than just polarities. I think we choose which world we wish to incarnate on.

Well, you are certainly free to believe that and experiment as you like. Such is the beauty of creation. This just doesn't strike me as a particularly productive path, is all. But there's something to be learned from every life, of course.
I was a monk in another life, and wanted to try something different. This life allows me to experience "laziness".
an attitude of "I am you, in another point of view; no matter who". the notion of service to self and others become obsolete from a certain point of view; When we drop the game of mental separation; Where do I end, where do you begin, when I view the universe, as one, tiny thing?