Bring4th

Full Version: Ra Answering a Question with a Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think we all remember as kids how we could frustrate the heck out of someone by answering a question with a question.  It was a deliberate ploy to annoy them, especially if they were sincere about knowing the answer, and they knew that you knew the answer.

But it is also a valid means of dialogue, if used appropriately.  Sometimes a question indicates a lack of thoughtfulness, and perhaps isn't structured in a way that can yield an answer that the person can actually use.  By reflecting back to them a question, it may be the swiftest means to help them to think about something more deeply, before querying further.

Ra did this on a few occasions:

Quote:57.29 Questioner: How did this learning process take place in— learning or teaching— take place in the pyramid?

Ra: I am Ra. How does teach/learning and learn/teaching ever take place?

Quote:44.6 Questioner: Is there a reason that I am open to these signals of a negative nature?

Ra: I am Ra. Are you not all things?

and I can't think of any others off the top of my head Smile
I like the last one: Are you not all things?

I feel that as a potential STS being, everything is me. Just kidding.

[Image: Baby+is+just+kidding+you+cute+yet+sneaky...082425.gif]

There's no point in being STS if you can't make STS jokes.
(05-22-2015, 02:57 AM)Lighthead Wrote: [ -> ][Image: Baby+is+just+kidding+you+cute+yet+sneaky...082425.gif]

BigSmile

- -

I remembered another one, about the hawk:

Quote:105.12 Questioner: I have come to the conclusion that the meaning of the hawk that we had about a year ago when we started to move the first time had to do with the non-benign nature, in the metaphysical sense, of the house which I had picked for the move. If it isn’t a problem with the Law of Confusion I think that it’d be philosophically interesting to know if I am correct with respect to that.

Ra: I am Ra. What bird comes to affirm for Ra? What bird would be chosen to warn? We ask the questioner to ponder these queries.
(05-22-2015, 03:59 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I remembered another one, about the hawk:

Quote:105.12 Questioner: I have come to the conclusion that the meaning of the hawk that we had about a year ago when we started to move the first time had to do with the non-benign nature, in the metaphysical sense, of the house which I had picked for the move. If it isn’t a problem with the Law of Confusion I think that it’d be philosophically interesting to know if I am correct with respect to that.

Ra: I am Ra. What bird comes to affirm for Ra? What bird would be chosen to warn? We ask the questioner to ponder these queries.

Yeah, that's one of the very last sessions. I remember reading that.
Cool question, Plenum.  I queried the database for other answers containing questions and found some more:

1.0 ...Let us for a moment consider thought. What is it, my friends, to take thought? Took you then thought today? What thoughts did you think today? What thoughts were part of the original thought today? In how many of your thoughts did the creation abide? Was love contained? And was service freely given? You are not part of a material universe. You are part of a thought. You are dancing in a ballroom in which there is no material. You are dancing thoughts. You move your body, your mind, and your spirit in somewhat eccentric patterns for you have not completely grasped the concept that you are part of the original thought.

2.1 I am Ra. The possibility of communication, as you would call it, from the One to the One through distortion acceptable for meaning is the reason we contacted this group. There are few who will grasp, without significant distortion, that which we communicate through this connection with this mind/body/spirit complex. However, if it be your desire to share our communications with others we have the distortion towards a perception that this would be most helpful in regularizing and crystallizing your own patterns of vibration upon the levels of experience which you call the life. If one is illuminated, are not all illuminated? Therefore, we are oriented towards speaking for you in whatever supply of speakingness you may desire. To teach/learn is the Law of One in one of its most elementary distortions.

7.17 ...This study is as difficult as the one which we have described to you, but there are those with the perseverance to pursue the study just as you desire to pursue the difficult path of seeking to know in order to serve. The distortion lies in the fact that those who seek to serve the self are seen by the Law of One as precisely the same as those who seek to serve others, for are all not one? To serve yourself and to serve other is a dual method of saying the same thing, if you can understand the essence of the Law of One.

10.8 I am Ra. We feel this evaluation of your planetary mind/body/spirit complexes’ so-called future may be less than harmless. We say only the conditions of mind exist for such development of technology and such deployment. It is the distortion of our vision/understanding that the mind and spirit complexes of those of your people need orientation rather than the “toys” needing dismantlement, for are not all things that exist part of the Creator? Therefore, freely to choose is your honor/duty.

14.18 I am Ra. I speak for the social memory complex termed Ra. We came among you to aid you. Our efforts in service were perverted. Our desire then is to eliminate as far as possible the distortions caused by those misreading our information and guidance. The general cause of service such as the Confederation offers is that of the primal distortion of the Law of One, which is service. The One Being of the creation is like unto a body, if you will accept this third-density analogy. Would we ignore a pain in the leg? A bruise upon the skin? A cut which is festering? No. There is no ignoring a call. We, the entities of sorrow, choose as our service the attempt to heal the sorrow which we are calling analogous to the pains of a physical body complex distortion.

17.8 I am Ra. It is a point which one cannot judge. What is cause? The basic equation which preceded this work was an equation brought through by a Wanderer dedicated to service to the planet. That this work should have become foundation for instruments of destruction was not intended and was not given.

26.36 ...Why then be concerned with the grass that blooms, withers and dies in its season only to grow once again due to the infinite love and light of the One Creator? This is the message we bring. Each entity is only superficially that which blooms and dies. In the deeper sense there is no end to beingness.

28.14 I am Ra. Is there any reason for some to learn more quickly than others? Look, if you wish, to the function of the will … the, shall we say, attraction to the upward spiraling line of light.

41.1 I am Ra. This is not a foolish question. The location is meaningless, for are we not in the creation? However, the place of the working shall be either carefully adjudged by your selves to be of the appropriate vibratory levels or it shall be suggested that the purification of the place be enacted and dedication made through meditation before initial working. This might entail such seemingly mundane chores as the cleansing or painting of surfaces which you may deem to be inappropriately marred.

50.2 I am Ra. It takes some consideration to accomplish the proper perspective for grasping the sense of the above information. The south or negative pole is one which attracts. It pulls unto itself those things magnetized to it. So with the mind/body/spirit complex. The in-flow of experience is of the south pole influx. You may consider this a simplistic statement.

The only specific part of this correctness is that the red-ray or foundation energy center, being the lowest or root energy center of the physical vehicle, will have the first opportunity to react to any experience. In this way only, you may see a physical locus of the south pole being identified with the root energy center. In every facet of mind and body the root or foundation will be given the opportunity to function first.

What is this opportunity but survival? This is the root possibility of response and may be found to be characteristic of the basic functions of both mind and body. You will find this instinct the strongest, and once this is balanced much is open to the seeker. The south pole then ceases blocking the experiential data and higher energy centers of mind and body become availed of the opportunity to use the experience drawn to it.

59.3 I am Ra. We would suggest that as this entity is aware of its position as a Wanderer, it may also consider what pre-incarnative decisions it undertook to make regarding the personal or self-oriented portion of the choosing to be here at this particular time/space. This entity is aware, as stated, that it has great potential, but potential for what? This is the pre-incarnative question. The work of sixth density is to unify wisdom and compassion. This entity abounds in wisdom. The compassion it is desirous of balancing has, as its antithesis, lack of compassion. In the more conscious being this expresses or manifests itself as lack of compassion for self. We feel this is the sum of suggested concepts for thought which we may offer at this time without infringement.

65.12 ...Could your planet polarize towards harmony in one fine, strong moment of inspiration? Yes, my friends. It is not probable; but it is ever possible.

67.11 ...A portion, seemingly, of the Creator rejoices at your choice to question us regarding the evolution of spirit. A seemingly separate portion would wish for multitudinous answers to a great range of queries of a specific nature. Another seemingly separate group of your peoples would wish this correspondence through this instrument to cease, feeling it to be of a negative nature. Upon the many other planes of existence there are those whose every fiber rejoices at your service and those such as the entity of whom you have been speaking which wish only to terminate the life upon the third-density plane of this instrument. All are the Creator. There is one vast panoply of biases and distortions, colors and hues, in an unending pattern. In the case of those with whom you, as entities and as a group, are not in resonance, you wish them love, light, peace, joy, and bid them well. No more than this can you do for your portion of the Creator is as it is and your experience and offering of experience, to be valuable, needs be more and more a perfect representation of who you truly are. Could you, then, serve a negative entity by offering the instrument’s life? It is unlikely that you would find this a true service. Thus you may see in many cases the loving balance being achieved, the love being offered, light being sent, and the service of the service-to-self oriented entity gratefully acknowledged while being rejected as not being useful in your journey at this time. Thus you serve One Creator without paradox.

73.16 I am Ra. What is the purpose of teach/learning if there be no learn/teachers? Those drawn to this entity were accepted by this entity without regard for any outcome. This entity accepted the honor/duty placed upon it by its nature and its sense that to speak was its mission.

89.23 I am Ra. It is possible. Our first step, as we have said, was to present the descriptions in verbal form of three images: one, eight, fifteen; then the questions were asked: “What do you feel that a bird might represent?” “What do you feel that a wand might represent?” “What do you feel that the male represents?” and so forth until those studying were working upon a system whereby the images used became evocative of a system of concepts. This is slow work when done for the first time.

91.20 I am Ra. Look again, O student. Does the hand reach within? Nay. Without potentiation the conscious mind has no inwardness. That hand, O student, reaches towards that which, outside its unpotentiated influence, is locked from it.

91.32 I am Ra. Again, doubt not that which the coin is called to represent, for does not the Magus strive to achieve through the manifested world? Yet release the coin from its stricture.

94.9 ... We are humble messengers. How can any thought be taken by an instrument as to the will of the Creator? We thank this group that we may speak through it, but the future is mazed. We cannot know whether our geste may, after one final working, be complete. Can the instrument, then, think for a moment that it shall cease in the service of the One Infinite Creator? We ask the instrument to ponder these queries and observations.

94.16 I am Ra. This interpretation varies markedly from Ra’s intention. We direct the attention to the cultural meaning of the great cat which guards. What, O student, does it guard? And with what oriflamme does it lighten that darkness of manifestation? The polarities are, indeed, present; the separation nonexistent except through the sifting which is the result of cumulative experience. Other impressions were intended by this configuration of the seated image with its milk-white leg and its pointed foot.

99.8 I am Ra. We shall speak upon several aspects seriatim. Firstly, let us examine the crossed arms of the male who is to be transformed. What, O student, do you make of the crossing? What see you in this tangle? There is a creative point to be found in this element which was not discussed overmuch by the questioner.

102.21 I am Ra. We salute the opening of compassion circuitry in the questioner but note that that which is being experienced by this group is being experienced within an healing atmosphere. The healing hands of each have limited use when the distortion has so many metaphysical layers and mixtures. Therefore, look not to a healing but to the joy of companionship, for each is strong and has its feet set upon the way. The moon casts its shadows. What shall you see? Link hands and walk towards the sun. In this instance this is the greatest healing. For the physical vehicle we can suggest far less than you had hoped.
In regards to the bird, I'm pretty sure that was Ra saying, basically, "this is a very silly question." The question rests on the notion that the hawk has a pre-determined objective meaning of some sort, which isn't really true. The closest thing to a correct answer to any of those questions would be "The bird is whatever I/We say it is."
(05-22-2015, 03:59 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]

I think Ra is saying that hawks are predatory and would be chosen to warn, vs. say a dove or some other kind of bird that inspires peace and relaxation.  The questioner has already guessed that it was a negative sign, but Ra can't say it openly because of the law of confusion.  Responding with a question enables them to weakly affirm the questioner's surmise.
Don't forget the exception to the rule.

Quote:1.10 Questioner: Another question. Is it possible to create any acceleration of understanding [in] other entities [or are] all efforts… efforts by the individual on himself accelerating his understanding? In other words, if an individual tries to act as a catalyst in general to increase the awareness of planetary consciousness, is he doing nothing but acting upon himself or is it possible [inaudible]?

Ra: I am Ra. We shall answer your question in two parts, both of which are important equally.

Firstly, you must understand that the distinction between yourself and others is not visible to us. We do not consider that a separation exists between the consciousness-raising efforts of the distortion which you project as a personality and the distortion which you project as an other personality. Thus, to learn is the same as to teach unless you are not teaching what you are learning; in which case you have done you/they little or no good. This understanding should be pondered by your mind/body/spirit complex as it is a distortion which plays a part in your experiences at this nexus.

To turn to the second part of our response may we state our understanding, limited though it is.

[Side two of the tape of session 1 was taped over by the Sunday night meditation which followed it. The following is as published in Book I.]

Group-individuated consciousness is that state of sharing understanding with the other distortions of mind/body/spirit complexes, which are within the evident reach of the mind/body/spirit complex individual or group. Thus, we are speaking to you and accepting both our distortions and your own in order to enunciate the laws of creation, more especially the Law of One. We are not available to many of your peoples, for this is not an easily understood way of communication or type of philosophy. However, our very being is hopefully a poignant example of both the necessity and the near-hopelessness of attempting to teach.

Each of those in this group is striving to use, digest, and diversify the information which we are sending this instrument into the channels of the mind/body/spirit complex without distortion. The few whom you will illuminate by sharing your light are far more than enough reason for the greatest possible effort. To serve one is to serve all. Therefore, we offer the question back to you to state that indeed it is the only activity worth doing: to learn/teach or teach/learn. There is nothing else which is of aid in demonstrating the original thought except your very being, and the distortions that come from the unexplained, inarticulate, or mystery-clad being are many. Thus, to attempt to discern and weave your way through as many group mind/body/spirit distortions as possible among your peoples in the course of your teaching is a very good effort to make. We can speak no more valiantly of your desire to serve.

May we speak in any other capacity upon this subject?
(05-22-2015, 08:45 AM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]

I think Ra is saying that hawks are predatory and would be chosen to warn, vs. say a dove or some other kind of bird that inspires peace and relaxation.  The questioner has already guessed that it was a negative sign, but Ra can't say it openly because of the law of confusion.  Responding with a question enables them to weakly affirm the questioner's surmise.

In my experience, hawks have always come bearing the vibration of Ra. They usually appear right when I feel like I am getting confirmation from a higher source. On the other hand, birds that seem to bring a "bad omen", or in other words, birds that appear whenever I'm feeling a negative vibration, tend to be crows and ravens.
Anything is possible.
(05-22-2015, 08:45 AM)Stranger Wrote: [ -> ]

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Peacefulwarrior:

I think Ra is saying that hawks are predatory and would be chosen to warn, vs. say a dove or some other kind of bird that inspires peace and hawk has a pre-determined objective meaning of some sort, which isn't really true. The closest thing to a correct answer to any of those questions would be "The bird is whatever I/We say it is."relaxation. The questioner has already guessed that it was a negative sign, but Ra can't say it openly because of the law of confusion. Responding with a question enables them to weakly affirm the questioner's surmise.
In regards to the bird, I'm pretty sure that was Ra saying, basically, "this is a very silly question." The question rests on the notion that the

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with both of you. I believe any bird or symbol you wish can have what ever merit you wish for it to have. The difference being. What if Ra did send you a bird for affirmation, and you didn't think that it was, it didn't even come across your mind.
No one sends you a bird, and you think the bird an affirmation. Well your dang right it just became one. The creator deemed it so. We are the one infinite creator. Always and forever. To me intent is the driving mechanism. Do you intend to fulfill your own desires, and see no one else. Do you intend to help others and spread love. No matter what you do, an opinion can be formed that you are either doing this or that. "results" mean entirely nothing in an infinity. Intent is like your will in motion. Intent being the over-all vector of where you intend for your actions to take you. I say take you highly general, sounds worldly over-achiveiver. That's not how I meant it. I thought spiritually myself. What I want to be when I grow up: Great father/husband, showed my children true love. Adept, pierced the veil, and contacted Infinite Intelligence. Main goals in this incarnation.