Bring4th

Full Version: The Role of Dissatisfaction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
one of the beautiful things about Ra is often the asides they make in answering a question.  They might generalize a point, to shed some aspect of wisdom.

In this case, Ra offered a little tidbit about the nature of dissatisfaction, and how we may best relate to it:

Ra Wrote:We may suggest that in order to progress, a state of some dissatisfaction will be present, thus giving the entity the stimulus for further seeking. This dissatisfaction, nervousness, or angst, if you will, is not of itself useful. Thus its use is indirect.

can we ever be perfectly satisfied with our lives one mystical day, and not feel the urge to learn, grow, seek, or change?  It's unlikely.  I can imagine that someone that has cracked the nut of 3rd density experience might feel that way, and be able to act like the Higher Self; totally selfless, and in benevolent service that is unruffled by the need to keep growing.

In Ra's quote, we have:

"some dissatisfaction will be present, thus giving the entity the stimulus for further seeking"

this is the questing for further answers, further resolutions of one's own imbalances.

but! I can imagine that dissatisfaction, when it is wallowed in, can easily become the bedrock for attitudes that approximate cynicism, pessimism, disgust, and disdain at the present state of affairs - both in one's own life, and in seeing our society as a whole.

Things are not perfect; and one has a right to be dissatisfied with things that are not in true alignment.

But at the end of the day, this dissatisfaction is a stimulus, yet another catalyst to become more whole and integrated inside:

"This dissatisfaction, nervousness, or angst, if you will, is not of itself useful. Thus its use is indirect."

One can see dissatisfaction through 2 lenses:

1) an opportunity to construct, re-adjust, deepen our viewpoints
2) an opportunity to nag, b**ch, complain, and say how things aren't improving.

the first view is empowering; the second view is armchair quarterbacking, and not really getting involved in your own life.

So, truly, there are many things to be dissatisfied about.  Thing is, watcha going to do about it??
I think with dissatisfaction, it allows one to grow more. If we had never ceasing satisfaction, there would be no drive to move forward . I normally feel dissatisfaction around the time i am about to make a break through into something new. Although i must admit i do like to complain a little at times heh.
Without dissatisfaction, complacency creeps thus the motivation to progress is lost. Kinda relates to the reason the veil was initiated. If everything was sunshine and rainbows all day everyday, what would be the point to leave that state?

To add to that, it's as if one can be in both States of mind. I've had the desire to progress in the past yet still wallowed in the woe is me mentality. This dissatisfaction was indeed the catalyst that ultimately drove me out of my funk and progress continued.

Though this dissatisfaction does wane at points when such a siesta in the desert is needed and a spiritual recharge is needed. A sort of unplugging from the matrix. In this way, stagnation may not only be needed but ultimately beneficial.
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction.
'Cause I try and I try and I try and I try.
Hey hey hey, that's what I say.
I think that 77.17 addresses this quite well,  by discussing the opposite:

Quote:77.17 Questioner: Now, would it be possible for this work of our density to be performed if all of the sub-Logoi chose the same polarity in any particular expression or evolution of a Logos? Let us make the assumption that our sun created nothing but, through the first distortion, there was no product except positive polarity. Would work then be done in fourth density and higher as a function only of this positive polarization evolving from our original creation of sub-Logos?

Ra: I am Ra. Elements of this query illustrate the reason I was unable to answer your previous question without knowledge of the Logos involved. To turn to your question, there were Logoi which chose to set the plan for the activation of mind/body/spirit complexes through each true-color body without recourse to the prior application of free will. It is, to our knowledge, only in an absence of free will that the conditions of which you speak obtain. In such a procession of densities you find an extraordinarily long, as you measure time, third density; likewise, fourth density. Then, as the entities begin to see the Creator, there is a very rapid, as you measure time, procession towards the eighth density. This is due to the fact that one who knows not, cares not.

As I read this,  an STO entity without free will would be the very definition of a creature without dissatisfaction.  Dissatisfaction requires Knowing,  and such entities Know Not.

Likewise,  looking over his comments on 2nd Density graduation,  I feel like dissatisfaction must play a heavy role in that transition as well.   Whether it's through direct emotional investment from higher entities (such as pets receive) or simply being born and dying so many times that the entity starts getting sick of it,  they first become aware that there are higher/better realities and then that provides the catalyst for their own spiritual growth,  life after life.