Bring4th

Full Version: My opinions carry less emotional charge than before
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I used to have a stronger emotional charge backing most all of my opinions. This would often manifest in a need to be right, which if I wasn't going full charm, would at times result in argument.  

Perhaps it is age, though I know many older that cannot go beyond superficiality without blowing a fuse.  Losing wattage behind my opinion, I still find myself attracted to and entertained by conflict of opinion and even emotion.  With those that I love and trust, I will say things in a very blunt, and harsh way that I know will get a reaction out of them.  It can be boring and seemingly unfulfilling to be at peace all of the time.

I'd like to hear about others' personal experiences...

Well I'm quite the other way. I've never had much emotional charge behind anything I'd do since as far as I can remember. There was one person person who could generate joy/sorrow in me and I thought it made me as an exception to my usual self. It made me into what I usually was not.

Now I'm working on bringing out emotions from deep within up to the surface, but that is because I deepen my understanding of my own existence. Prior to that, I never thought of it as unfufilling or boring in itself, it was what I was and it was well.
I wonder how much catalyst has direct relation to emotion. Does the nature of catalyst change with growth?
I'd think most catalyst have to do with emotions as we are exploring polarity. Being emotionless is motionless for the soul in my view, which is why I am working to become otherwise.
Emotions seem to be a natural aspect of the mind/body/spirit complex. I am attempting to explore the charge associated with emotions. Buddhism speaks of the need to detach from emotion. The Law of One material also notes the spiritual hindrance related to attachment to desire and emotion involved with things like power and competitiveness. The Dao De Jing states, “If you want to become full, let yourself be empty.”

Should emotions be contained and controlled? Should they be allowed to freely take you over? How do you paint your emotions and react to them? Is desire the same as emotion? I'd like to understand emotion from the perspective of the Law of One.
From my understanding of the LOO, emotions and desires are to be understood and accepted as part of self. When they are understood, if they are not consonant with you they will simply fade on their own.

[font=sans-serif][/url][/font]
Quote:[font=sans-serif][url=http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=18]18.5 Questioner: Thank you. I have a question here from Jim that I will read verbatim: “Much of the mystic tradition of seeking on Earth holds that belief that the individual self must be erased or obliterated and the material world ignored for an entity to reach ‘nirvana,’ as it’s called, or enlightenment. What is the proper role of the individual self and its worldly activities in aiding an entity to grow more into the Law of One?”[/font]

[font=sans-serif]Ra: I am Ra. The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away[/font]
(05-30-2015, 03:16 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'm quite the other way. I've never had much emotional charge behind anything I'd do since as far as I can remember. There was one person person who could generate joy/sorrow in me and I thought it made me as an exception to my usual self. It made me into what I usually was not.

Now I'm working on bringing out emotions from deep within up to the surface, but that is because I deepen my understanding of my own existence.  Prior to that, I never thought of it as unfufilling or boring in itself, it was what I was and it was well.

(05-30-2015, 06:14 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]From my understanding of the LOO, emotions and desires are to be understood and accepted as part of self. When they are understood, if they are not consonant with you they will simply fade on their own.

[font=sans-serif][/url][/font]

Quote:[font=sans-serif][url=http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=18]18.5 Questioner: Thank you. I have a question here from Jim that I will read verbatim: “Much of the mystic tradition of seeking on Earth holds that belief that the individual self must be erased or obliterated and the material world ignored for an entity to reach ‘nirvana,’ as it’s called, or enlightenment. What is the proper role of the individual self and its worldly activities in aiding an entity to grow more into the Law of One?”[/font]

[font=sans-serif]Ra: I am Ra. The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away[/font]
Thanks for bringing that quote forward!  Your application of it to emotion is very astute.  It also definitely makes me want to know more about desiring consciously!
(05-30-2015, 06:01 PM)neutral333 Wrote: [ -> ]Buddhism speaks of the need to detach from emotion.  The Law of One material also notes the spiritual hindrance related to attachment to desire and emotion involved with things like power and competitiveness.

Buddhism can be confusing..part of acceptance of self is embracing and being negative emotions at times. I think what Buddhists are trying to say is that we are not emotions that cause us suffering, but we surely are positive, uplifting emotions, right? I think that we are essentially emotion, and emotion can be thought of as an energy that is either radiating or absorbing which is always at play.

The thinking mind can only carry ourselves so far. Beingness is a feeling..pure emotion. We're attempting to move to a realm governed by feeling, and we're not gonna think ourselves into that space.

What you've been going through is ongoing with me as well. It suggests movement towards balance.

"42.2 This is an incorrect application of the balancing which we have discussed. The exercise of first experiencing feelings and then consciously discovering their antitheses within the being has as its objective not the smooth flow of feelings both positive and negative while remaining unswayed but rather the objective of becoming unswayed. This is a simpler result and takes much practice, shall we say.

The catalyst of experience works in order for the learn/teachings of this density to occur. However, if there is seen in the being a response, even if it is simply observed, the entity is still using the catalyst for learn/teaching. The end result is that the catalyst is no longer needed. Thus this density is no longer needed. This is not indifference or objectivity but a finely tuned compassion and love which sees all things as love. This seeing elicits no response due to catalytic reactions. Thus the entity is now able to become co-Creator of experiential occurrences. This is the truer balance."

"64.4 The principle behind any ritual of the white magical nature is to so configure the stimuli which reach down into the trunk of mind that this arrangement causes the generation of disciplined and purified emotion or love which then may be both protection and the key to the gateway to intelligent infinity."
(05-30-2015, 06:14 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]From my understanding of the LOO, emotions and desires are to be understood and accepted as part of self. When they are understood, if they are not consonant with you they will simply fade on their own.

This has been my experience as well. Fighting against an emotion or attribute of oneself only reinforces that attribute. Especially if someone is trying to rid themselves of negative thoughts. Since non-acceptance / non-love is a somewhat negative stance to begin with, it's fighting fire with fire, so to speak. And that rarely works.

For me, it's largely about self-understanding. I think most activities a person engages in are ultimately driven by more fundamental desires/goals. If one understands the fundamental goal (or expression of will) then they can see how it relates to the activities they don't wish to engage in. Once they see this relationship, they can then choose - willfully - to seek a different way of accomplishing that goal. So, the old behavior falls away, and a better/preferred/optimized behavior can take its place.

But if someone simply rejects/denies/unloves a behavior, they cannot uncover the fundamental reasons for that behavior. Only by embracing it as part of themselves can they understand the motivations for the behavior and then seek to alter it.