Bring4th

Full Version: The Catalyst of a Broken Toe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last weekend I fell down the stairs of my home, landing on my foot and fracturing the joint of my big toe in several places. Because the joint was affected, I will have to have a screw put into my toe to keep the pieces from shattering apart entirely, which would lead to a lifetime of physical difficulty. While I've been getting around with a cane, after the surgery I will not be able to walk at all for about 6 weeks, meaning that much of the physical work I find important will have to be temporarily abandoned. 

My physical abilities already severely limited, I've had quite a bit of time to sit around and contemplate the nature of the catalyst I have been presented with, and find that though the circumstance is unpleasant, it has actually been quite educational.

I won't deny that I've considered the possibility of some manner of negative greeting, mainly due to the inordinate amount of magical work I've been doing lately. My foot seemed to be pulled right out from under me. While I have no way of proving or disproving this notion, it did cause me to consider what I may have done to welcome such an intrusion. 

For some time now I have expressed frustration with my daily routine. My job, my familial obligations and the many little things I have to do just to get by each day have left me feeling exhausted and somewhat resentful toward what seems like a lack of time to pursue my own interests. Many times I have expressed a desire for a vacation- a temporary respite from the obligations of everyday life in order to "get myself in order." By continually investing in this desire, I created an opportunity to be given exactly what I was asking for- I can now no longer go to work, and am in a situation where I am forced to depend upon others instead of feeling that they are dependent on me. 

In this experience I have encountered great opportunities to feel frustration, depression and fear. I am going to miss out on many events I desired to take part in. The physical pain alone causes me great weariness, and I am loathe to be beholden to others, fearing the same resentment I have often given them. There is the opportunity to feel unworthy, as not actively contributing to my family's well being activates feelings of guilt, even if my lack of contribution is through no fault of my own. There is the chance to worry over the financial difficulties this situation could potentially bring. I could easily take it all as a sign of the universe having a bad sense of humor and throw up my hands in bitterness. All of these thing would distract me from my highest desire of bringing positive energy into the world. I would be depolarized.

However, I have also seen another set of opportunities. An opportunity to learn about myself on a deeper level, and to uncover emotional blockages I was previously oblivious to. An opportunity to focus on the spiritual and creative works that before I seemed to have no time to devote to. An opportunity to allow myself to receive love and care instead of just focusing on giving it, which has already brought me closer to my family. It is a chance to enter a cocoon of sorts, and to emerge stronger from the trial which I face. As much as I wish my toe were not broken, it has probably been one of the best things to happen to me on a deeper level, and I ultimately feel thankfulness. 

Of course, I haven't even gotten through the most difficult part yet, so if anyone would like to send positive energy...

Just thought I'd share some of these thoughts on the way catalyst can be set into motion. 
Much love and light to you friend.

Wanting to bring positivity to this world tend to lure enemies that will try to hinder the work that is done as not everybody wants this world to be filled with light.

It is a good thing you look at things from this perspective, as greater Love can emerge from the catalyst. Hope you get better and recover and that it does not discourage you to walk the path you chose.
I'll send you love and light in my meditation today, Yera. I know it's hard to be positive during times like these, but just remember that everything happens for a reason!

I broke my ankle in 2008. I was riding my bicycle home and I deviated from my normal route home, instead opting to take a side street that I never really biked down.

Now, I hadn't met my girlfriend yet, but she lived on that very street: in fact, she lived in the same house that my best friend had rented the year before! I officially met her a month and a half later, after the bike incident, largely due to circumstances surrounding my ankle.

These were both odd, sticky "coincidences" bouncing around my mind when I went to her house for the first time.

I have no way of knowing for sure, of course, but I think that the ankle break was my higher self's way of making sure that I met her before she moved. In fact, I remember seeing her around town several times before, but missed the opportunity to talk to her. Ha! Makes me wonder.
Much Love to you Yera. 

Heart
Hello Dear Yera,

Above all I'm sorry to read that You hurt your-Self (if it was You).

(05-31-2015, 04:16 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ](...)
For some time now I have expressed frustration with my daily routine. My job, my familial obligations and the many little things I have to do just to get by each day have left me feeling exhausted and somewhat resentful toward what seems like a lack of time to pursue my own interests. Many times I have expressed a desire for a vacation- a temporary respite from the obligations of everyday life in order to "get myself in order." By continually investing in this desire, I created an opportunity to be given exactly what I was asking for- I can now no longer go to work, and am in a situation where I am forced to depend upon others instead of feeling that they are dependent on me.
(...)

I think that bolded sentence (and all that follows) may be interpreted further. I think it’s quite possible, that You “did it to your-Self” and You’ve agreed to this on other/deeper levels.
From what You wrote, your Service to Other-Selves brought You to a point when it caused a progressive Imbalance. It is possible, that You were given (by your Self) a chance to reevaluate your Service/An-Idea-for-Service and analyze it in relation to your-Self (as equally important/valid “Component” as Other-Selves).

Even if above is a truism to You, due to your vast Experience and obvious Thoughtfulness, I think it is a Valid Point to consider.

All I have Best in me for You
Left foot means significant female. Right foot means significant male or work related problem. Foot has to do with moving forward or running away from something. And immediate event implies an issue within the previous 72 hours.

Whatever negative emotions you are holding onto about this event / relationship need to be discharged. The easiest thing to do is journal about it.

Splash

~~~~~~~~~
Just an update, the surgery was a complete success, and my doctor told me I can start putting weight on my foot as soon as I'm able to tolerate it, meaning I'm still able to walk very short distances with the help of my walker boot and cane. I'm not exactly hiking the Himalayas, but I can manage to feed, dress and bathe myself and that's more than I was hoping for.

I offer thanks to everyone who has offered me one form of healing or another, either in this thread or through private message. Because the healing process is going so well I haven't felt much need to ask for further assistance, but I welcome any reiki/other energy work that anyone would care to offer (as long as it is free- I'm not exactly drawing a paycheck at the moment).

I continue to learn a great deal about myself through this experience. Sometimes I can be bull-headed enough that I need a serious wake-up call from myself to get back on the right track, and I feel this was one of those circumstances. I didn't realize how far down into the dumps I'd gotten until this jarring event shook me into a new perspective. I am using my time off to tweak some of my mind/body/spirit connections and hope to have a more efficient configuration ready to go by the time I'm able to be fully mobile again.

Splash

~~~~~~~
(06-04-2015, 01:14 AM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ] Because the healing process is going so well I haven't felt much need to ask for further assistance, but I welcome any reiki/other energy work that anyone would care to offer 

Great news Yera!

Now I suspect a green "light". What about the energy work of making you smile? I held back on this just in case you were in pain and would fail to see the funny side.

Here goes... I would have sent you light as well as love but figured it more appropriate to aim it towards the top of your stairs!  Tongue

Hope you can see the funny side  Heart
I saw a video once online where a guy put some slippery substance on his kitchen floor and then tried to slide across it, and broke his toe. It was nasty. Split wide open.
(06-04-2015, 02:06 AM)Splash Wrote: [ -> ]my offer is a freebie Smile

I've used Reiki to calm a dog who was in emotional pain after it's other dog friend had passed away and was whining all the time. After I sent Reiki, it pined no more.
Without your Perspective, Dear Gemini Wolf, this Reality wouldn't be the same Smile

Blessings and Healing to you Yera!
Quite an irony that I find myself in a similar situation. I am now recovering from a dislocated collarbone  Dodgy

Oh well, I did prey for hard and fast catalyst after all! 
(06-03-2015, 11:35 AM)third-density-being Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Dear Yera,

Above all I'm sorry to read that You hurt your-Self (if it was You).

(05-31-2015, 04:16 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ](...)
(...)

I think that bolded sentence (and all that follows) may be interpreted further. I think it’s quite possible, that You “did it to your-Self” and You’ve agreed to this on other/deeper levels.
From what You wrote, your Service to Other-Selves brought You to a point when it caused a progressive Imbalance. It is possible, that You were given (by your Self) a chance to reevaluate your Service/An-Idea-for-Service and analyze it in relation to your-Self (as equally important/valid “Component” as Other-Selves).

Even if above is a truism to You, due to your vast Experience and obvious Thoughtfulness, I think it is a Valid Point to consider.

I would agree; the toes 'relate' physical balance with spiritual balance (polarity). I have an issue with my right toes if I'm not actively STO, it acts as a physical reminder.