Bring4th

Full Version: Excuses!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(I still don't know how to post images. . . -annoyed-, -fiddles-, sigh, help anyone I remembered~)
[Image: 1zn7gpi.jpg]

(Thank you Synchronicity for introducing me to this panel) The Joker sums up my issue pretty much.  Everything feels pointless at times.  And in this universe, that is an excuse to do nothing.  So let's talk about Excuses.  What is an Excuse?  I'm not a scholar -coughs at title- but I think an excuse could be said to be: A facade provided for avoidance.  So what am I, we, avoiding?  Why not lay some honesty down for the forum, lets get real and true here for a moment.  We have something we want to be doing that we aren't doing!  So why aren't we doing them?  What are our reasons, our excuses?

I am seriously asking some of you to list them out, to show everyone else that they are not alone, they're not the only ones who beat themselves up and don't let it go, that something that we can do, but choose not to through excuse.

I'll go first:

I want to write, but my ideas are all so worked upon now that the content is massive.  The universe is so realistic in my head I almost can't keep up with it's progression.  And before I even begin to type it, like that it's gone.  I come to the blank page and it beckons yet I provide nothing.  I begin to type and here I am now doing it effortlessly, too much some would say, and I'd agree.  But when I come to that blank page and it's time to deposit the mental images into words.  I seizure in the brain or, collapse into a trap hole.  My God comes upon me and swipes away my thoughts, my Soul pulls back.  I am not scared.  I wrote over 1k pages worth of one story, adding all together plus outlines, explanations, and overviews to aid in the entire structure of the entire ideas.  I see a page and when I need to explain a character, I vomit out the words from the finger tips almost violently (my poor keyboard...)  So why?

When it's time to get serious, and type out something serious, do I seize?  I never had this issue in--

Stop.

There we go, that's an excuse.

The reality is I sit down, see the blank page, don't know where to start and in my laziness just pull away.  If anything, my soul is the one in agony from me pulling away from the blank page.

Let's go with another thing.

I refuse to date or hook up with people I do not know.  Oh, this one is hard to explain.  Well, like AA says, KISS. (Keep It Simple, Stupid.) I've been hurt a lot, I'm tired of it and don't want to let anyone else in now, despite wanting to find someone to let in.  Both men and women suck at the concept of harmony or empathy or consideration or caring.  The majority of society around me where I live seems to have transformed into highly selfish people.  It's somewhat disturbing on a daily basis.  I don't--

Again, the Excuses!  As examples.  In reality, I've pulled away because I feel undesirable to others, a self-judgment that...Having said that -makes mental note- I'll now be aware of this the next time I try to balance myself.  Also, notice how it began to grow more elaborate as if to distract you from the reality of it being a facade.  (...Oh.  I must be horrible to talk to privately. . . -just realized-)

So guys.  Excuses?  Reasons?  Examples?  A Facade Provided for Avoidance?

Show some Love or Indifference and provide some content you think may be of interest to the subject! Which if you look at the small bolded letters at the top of this post will tell you what the (thread) subject is.

Excuses!  BigSmile

(P.S. Thank you, Yera, for making me realize how much I make excuses to myself, the biggest denial of mine I might have.)
Kick your mental/emotional resistance in the ass!!!  BigSmile

This is to say...find time and a way to let your soul come alive and get re-aquainted with what it feels like to be more consistently aware of how it FEELS TO BE INSPIRED TO ACT. Nuture and PRACTICE this over and over and over and over and over and over and....
Well excuses... you can only make excuses toward self-desires or imposed self-responsability.

You are you and there are no rules, you can only be true to yourself.
Mm I think you can make huge excuses towards fears and things one may not desire at all, and the like.  Be careful with your use of the word, Only, Min.  It's the one thing I'd caution of your post. Heart
(06-01-2015, 12:25 PM)VanAlioSaldo Wrote: [ -> ]Mm I think you can make huge excuses towards fears and things one may not desire at all, and the like.  Be careful with your use of the word, Only, Min.  It's the one thing I'd caution of your post. Heart

I didn't mean it as something bad. Usually fears are oriented toward desired things. I do not have much fears but my ex did and she had extreme anxiety problems. In her case she desired things so much that the thought of them not working out would destroy her mentally and she ended up failing at many things simply because of fear.

These fears need to be worked on, but when you fear what's inside you become convinced that you are not strong enough to face yourself back to the root of the problems.
It is not easy to respond to your post VanAlioSaldo but I would like to contribute the input of my personal thoughts to your thread.

I do not feel the illustration of the Joker with his comments are valid.
What makes life meaningful IS mostly composed of the things that ARE valued. Whomever created that cartoonic ''message'' is trying to delude people into thinking that All Is Futile. IT IS NOT!
How do you tie in this with the subject thread titled ''excuses'' I'm not understanding the link within your assumption(?!)

Is it no wonder that many 'seekers' of Truth go around in circles much of their lives?
(06-01-2015, 12:29 PM)Enyiah Wrote: [ -> ]It is not easy to respond to your post VanAlioSaldo but I would like to contribute the input of my personal thoughts to your thread.

What makes life meaningful IS mostly composed of the things that ARE valued. Whomever created that cartoonic ''message'' is trying to delude people into thinking that All Is Futile. IT IS NOT!
How do you tie in this with the subject thread titled ''excuses'' I'm not understanding the link within your assumption(?!)

Is it no wonder that many 'seekers' of Truth go around in circles much of their lives?

If you'd remember the whole of your own existence, how many childrens, wives, friends you've left behind and remember not you might agree with the Joker.
You are excused for making excuses.
Quote:Minyatur:

If you'd remember the whole of your own existence, how many childrens, wives, friends you've left behind and remember not you might agree with the Joker.

And yet, I do not agree! 
How can you affirm that?  How would I remember?  I would remember with love evryone who came into my life and gave meaning to it by their simple presence. 

Is it no wonder ALL seems futile to you?
I would never say ALL is futile, but things can only be as important as you make them.

Your neighbour cares about certain things which you may not care about and think of as futile, just as you may care about things you neighbour would think of futile.

Everything is a 100% relative.
(06-01-2015, 12:29 PM)Enyiah Wrote: [ -> ]It is not easy to respond to your post VanAlioSaldo but I would like to contribute the input of my personal thoughts to your thread.

(06-01-2015, 12:41 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I would never say ALL is futile, but things can only be as important as you make them.

Your neighbour cares about certain things which you may not care about and think of as futile, just as you may care about things you neighbour would think of futile.

Everything is a 100% relative.

MMM, thank you for providing perfect examples of both sides being valid but oh so differently spaced.

I'm glad you ask how the panel of the Joker ties in to this.  The Joker's words are an excuse to me.  Despite my agreeing with him.
I think society is a demented gag of sorts economically.  I find a sort of cruel indifference present in a system designed to collapse slowly but enough to cripple people of all standings along the way, with some much more than others.
But that does not mean you must give up and laugh (I did during my Hell experience, that was, an experience. . .) But I think it is still an excuse ultimately, in that it has nothing to do with yourself.  You're In It but that doesn't mean you're a-Part of It.  It being Reality, Society, a Relationship, Existence, Incarnation, Life, and Perspective, or Conscious Experience. It just depends on YOU.

The Joker is making an excuse.  So thank you, both of you, for providing such good view of the overall angles available that are all, not wrong.

--
@Spaced: I once read that every person is allowed One Mistake.  I truly believed that at the time.  Maybe I should've read it as an Infinite One.  Are there any mistakes in the final view backwards?  Who knows.  I don't.  I hope not.  But a part of me also hopes there are, something to bring forth, to show where I came from.  The amount of sorrow, the amount of distortion and loss, the darkness and all of it's depth.  I can take it.  Is it a mistake to be proud of surviving suffering and madness, to be tinged and scared in a way?  Is it really a scar, or a lesson learned?  How should I identify the feeling of nihilism being justified on one end of my being, then also explain how I believe in a Filled Creatorverse where All to the empty space I believe to be empty but is more a plenum is the Creator.  The Moment that is Love is All-Present, the Creator that is Love/Light is All-Present.

So is the excuses for not wanting to inspect those fresh scars and review those new lessons akin to a human's procrastination on a spiritual level?
I personnally have nothing against procrastination, time is infinite. I am aware I am slowly working toward building a positive polarity, but I am doing it at my own pace.
I always viewed it the same way ever since I saw things as, All Is As It Should Be.

Procrastination or not, all is as it should be?
(06-01-2015, 02:03 PM)VanAlioSaldo Wrote: [ -> ]I always viewed it the same way ever since I saw things as, All Is As It Should Be.

Procrastination or not, all is as it should be?

I've often said I'm walking the middle path, it is a mirror unto both other paths. Whatever we are, it is to relativise the All.
The Middle Path I attribute to be that Path to All I've chosen of my own accord as well. I might not see it the same way as you do, but I find it interesting how you and I seem to pursue similar things with different perspectives that still always expand on my point of view as well.
(06-01-2015, 02:59 PM)VanAlioSaldo Wrote: [ -> ]The Middle Path I attribute to be that Path to All I've chosen of my own accord as well.  I might not see it the same way as you do, but I find it interesting how you and I seem to pursue similar things with different perspectives that still always expand on my point of view as well.

From my view, there is quite a lot of us that are here to inter-balance each other and that it was part of our programming.

The only problem with the middle path, is that to access higher positive densities we need to heal our distortions and this is a rather slow way to do it. Each it's own pace. I do have an abyss of sorrow within my heart chakra and quite a lot of yellow ray distortions to heal. (not incarnative distortions)
Should I catch myself making an excuse, I will be far too busy rectifying that behavior to stop and talk about it.
Yes but many people are here to feel comforted more so than do the work.

I'm just trying to help others see they're not alone in this thread. We all make the choice to do the work or make excuses. I'm just being honest unlike 50+% of humanity it seems.
Hi Van,

Yes, I can identify with what you're describing. For me, it is an almost excruciating difficulty during the initial "engagement" phase. The initial stages of starting something. Almost as if there is some type of spiritual "power drain" takes place. 
 I also get this often when engaging Other-Selves on the phone and face to face. It is almost exhausting.

I have to fight this particularly hard now. I have just started a new company,...and it takes every bit of strength I have to remain focused. 

I have developed SOME coping skills, but there are times when even these aren't reliable.

One of them is my environment. If I can get myself alone,....away from the "psychic interference" of Other-Selves,......especially in a rural, country environment,...I can get into that "zone". But that isn't always possible, and that is just regarding a work situation.

I think you're describing a general "frozen life" concept. Again,...I sympathize and identify, Joe.

I don't want to make another one of my long, babbling posts.

Joe,..you're definitely NOT ALONE!!

Can you flesh it out for us,.....more at the 3D level? I am not as advanced as most of you, and mostly have worked at the practical application of the Law of One at this lower plane,...due to the limitations in my understanding.

Maybe together, all of us can share some coping skills with which we can reinforce our spiritual foundations.

Describe more what the feeling is at the microcosmic level. For instance with your writing.  Can you put into words what you are feeling emotionally AND physically,......when engaging in the activities that you procrastinate at?
(06-02-2015, 09:37 AM)mjlabadia Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Van,

Yes, I can identify with what you're describing. For me, it is an almost excruciating difficulty during the initial "engagement" phase. The initial stages of starting something. Almost as if there is some type of spiritual "power drain" takes place. 
 I also get this often when engaging Other-Selves on the phone and face to face. It is almost exhausting.

I think you're describing a general "frozen life" concept. Again,...I sympathize and identify, Joe.

Can you flesh it out for us,.....more at the 3D level? I am not as advanced as most of you, and mostly have worked at the practical application of the Law of One at this lower plane,...due to the limitations in my understanding.

Maybe together, all of us can share some coping skills with which we can reinforce our spiritual foundations.

Describe more what the feeling is at the microcosmic level. For instance with your writing.  Can you put into words what you are feeling emotionally AND physically,......when engaging in the activities that you procrastinate at?

Yay, someone who bit~

There's a bolded remark, a bolded italicized remark, and then the rest is obviously differentiatable.

I've experienced complete exhaustion a few times in writing, for my story .eXe I had a huge reservoir of sexual energy transfers from my ex leading up to when I begun writing it that literally fueled the writing up until about chapter 23.  Then from there the real issues of exhaustion kicked in cause I was writing trying to pull energy from a deplete reservoir.  (I honestly wish I would just hook up with people and be done with it for this one reason alone...but tas not how it works)  After that, whenever I sit down to write .eXe it's like a get hit by a truck, and it's still like that to this day (I tried a bit a week ago, same thing.)

Then there was a demon story I was working on for a while.  Working on that story was hard and painful on me, I would get nauseous or cold and clammy when working on it, then one day it got so bad I threw up.  I haven't worked on that book since.  It had the greatest potential in my opinion of any book I wrote, but something was wrong with me while writing it.  It was like something was always around and trying to write through me, I don't know, I can't explain it because I didn't investigate it at all, I just stopped writing that story...

Then there's stories filled with thought rather than intent, they don't exhaust me but they do make me feel timid and uncertain.  When I write with the intent of putting something in front of someone, it's no big deal.  Putting something in front of a whole bunch of someones, I get literally scared!  I think, how could I handle that amount of energy or how could I appease so many different views while retaining myself and my uniqueness?  Why do I need to put my uniqueness in?  Writing for me is horrible when I do it like it were a job or in a serious manner.  I block myself with doubt, my mind pulls in a lot of directions trying to figure something out, and in this extraneous process of looking at my own plot and trying to make it into 'the best it can be' I overcomplicate my own system and ultimately burn myself out.
It's literally a giant complex long-winded I do it to myself kind of deals.

Writing is therapeutic for me, I just hate writing knowing no one will ever read it as well.  As for me, a great ALL of my stories I believe no one will find interesting or care about much.  Makes writing that much harder, and I've thought of actually making a thread linking to some of my work but I'm like -stares at work-, oh my gosh... -continues starring in horror-, why. -closes screen- WHHHHHYYYYYYY!!! (Am I embarrassed?)  I haven't written an actual chapter in a year on anything.  I miss writing but I have so little time now.  I used to beat away at my keyboard for 4 hours every night while my ex slept.  I used to spend up to 16 hours writing as a teenager through the night and into the next day.

I'm so very very happy you said that you get exhaustion at interaction with others.  I've had very horrible things said to me over a phone by more than one person, as such I'm scared of phone calls, I loathe phone calls.  If someone said half the stuff they said to me in person that I've had said to me over the phone...I'd probably honestly have a police record with felony grade assaults.  (Truly horrible things said to me...)  As such I have some serious anxiety to phone calls at work, my heart literally skips a beat and races.  I feel almost envious to others when they just pick up a phone and go for it.  I stand there like, 'This is circle K, my name is Joe, how many I help you' over and over then pick it up and barely stagger the words out.  (I've gotten about 10 prank calls last week and this week at work, it suuuuucks!)

Then in person, and this is especially at work, I will begin sweating and get flushed!  But its not just me, it's potentially everyone or anyone!!  I notice on really good days where my energy isn't being constantly prodded by others because it's got its self held together, others get sweaty and flush and I don't.  There is a clear major energy transfer that goes on with any interaction now a days it seems, and it seems to hold a charge.  Similarly EVERYONE in my area seems to be tied to a cycle of sorts that everyone in groups experiences in the form of 'the way of the day'.  Some days are dropping days (you drop things a lot), some days are clumsy days, some days are tired days, some days are awake days, some days are just good for no reason, others bad for no reason, some days people can't seem to get themselves together, others everyone is top notch.

It is truly the weirdest thing I have experienced next to the odd passive mob mentality of people in stores, and it seems as if several people get the idea to show up at the exact same time to my store by all leaving at seemingly correct times to all literally show up at once.  (At night I've gotten 10 people at 3am out of nowhere a few times where it is usually beyond deeead.  Truly, something more is going on where I work.)

And finally, I notice that some interactions actually boost me, and I don't know if it's an energy transfer or energy drain, I don't know if I'm pulling in energy vampyrically, or if its a beneficial energy transfer.

I don't understand it myself, I think it's a form of Core-Yellow Ray transfers encoded in Blue Ray and Orange Ray intentions and desires.  Either way, I have noticed this, and this is very good you show me it's happening around the world!  It means 4th Density is becoming more prevalent.  Energy transfers that used to not be present, invisible lines being perceivable.  Connections that weren't available prior.  I never got the massive intentions of how to aid my customers as if I was picking up their desires or thoughts without hearing or knowing them until just this year.  I've surprised myself with how well my intuition is correct in ascertaining a 'need' of the customer...  Heh, just had a funny thought about me being a prostitute.  Gosh, anyways.

My life isn't frozen, but I sometimes wish it would just stop and let me breath.  My issue is being serious, I am way too serious.  I need to chill out.

As for the bolded italicized
Take all of that 'advanced' and 'practical' and then see it in context to a 'Lower Plane' and then put that all into context when viewed with 'the limitations of your understanding'
It's a fancy excuse to say I don't understand so I'm not sure how to do this, but the Law of One is simple and easy to follow in your life when you learn self forgiveness and realize that your reality is you are human, and that you will be so perfectly flawed, we may sometimes never even realize it, while others can't see any other part of themselves, it just depends but here's my opinion.

Drop the thought of not understanding.  There is a simple act to be done, and that is Choosing How To Be.  That is what you do here, you choose.  It isn't about living by polarity or accelerating your learning or growth, that is all Work in Consciousness and for adepts and seekers who wish to move forward faster.  Rather, the point for being here is to simply live and love, not even to graduate.  For others the point is different as they need it to be.  For some the point is that there is no point, and for a few the point may very well be self-recursive in some fashion as to push them forward, though those few I'd call those with autism or major developmental issues at birth (which in my opinion) denotes some of the hardest lessons there are for a Wanderer or normal 3D soul.

Mj, you're blocking yourself, the point of the Law of One is to simply provide with you the knowledge that you have a choice, and that here, you are here to make it.  So make it, and continue on to 4th Density where the game changes, the flow configuration alters and the rules differ.  We focus incredibly so into the path of an adept or a seeker, we forget the material itself is just here to aid us in How We Be.  No different from any religious content or spiritual content, it's all there to help us, and if we find anything that does help us, would it be right to say it isn't important or real to us?

I one day said I'll be Unconditionally Loving.  The next 2 months of my life were a struggle but something was clearly happening to me, my mind was growing quiet and my intentions were becoming thick and deep and my desires were becoming deep.  The next 6 months were the greatest months of my life that feel's like they would never end at the time, and now looking back, somehow feels over all too soon.

It's not about 3D and 4D, it's about those traversing them.  It's not about the Chakra system and what it entails, it's about how to use it with or without the knowledge to do so.  It's not about polarity, it's about the lessons polarity teaches.

You can live the Law of One very easily, by choosing to do so regardless of anything wrong with you.  I did, it left me tired, exhausted, and I almost lost my mind, Twice, from it.  But the experiences.  I would not surrender for a life time of them, they were all me living truly moment by moment, they were all me truly alive.  Every memory of that time is sacred in me, I realize back then all was sacred too even in the darkest places.  So it isn't about Higher and Lower densities.

Love is the great Bridge personally, if you want to move from the lower realms to the higher ones, you must first provide an intent that can push you into doing so if not through love, or through love you need simply Be Loving to people even when they are mean.  When you consciously choose to provide Love to another for another, you will begin to feel changes.

Ra said it perfectly, there will be joyous changes as you live this philosophy.  However; Ra didn't warn me that following this philosophy could make me lose my mind if I didn't keep it together in my head.  They didn't warn me I might not be prepared for the concepts, and they did not warn me that I would be so massively moved by it to the point my entire life would be altered and changed forever.  I am glad they did not, but for others who do truly lose it more and more from this material, I want to provide a buffer or protection to them as well.

Thus I'm not going to explain in detail how I feel overall with these excuses that I sometimes try to just bypass only to be met with it further down the path that I provided for myself.

All that matters in spotting excuses is the Honesty and Discerning to look at your own words, and to say, did I say that because it's true, or because I'm avoiding it?

I'm sorry for the huge post.  It is all relevant, I gave some experiences of my own that expanded the length.  If you want to know more Mj, or want me to elaborate on "Can you put into words what you are feeling emotionally AND physically,......when engaging in the activities that you procrastinate at?" as I only withheld from doing so out of fear that you might be thinking these things are what you have to do with living the Law of One.

If you're still looking for answers, do let me know, I'll post some for you!
You know what is hilarious to me from my perspective? There is NO separation. You ARE YOUR FEARS AND YOU ARE YOUR DREAMS...as a human being, you must simply continually choose that which you prefer to experience, and say no to what you do not.

ALL notions of difficulty involved need to be put in that perspective first. You are all FAR more capable than you may have ever imagined...yes, AS a human.
Hi Joe,
  Thank you for your ideas and identification. 

So,......I noticed something Joe,....and it may or may not mean anything.

You had the strength,and motivation in this environment to write a fantastic response to my reply. I wonder if looking at the difference between the two situations may help both of us, and even others.

It appears, that the blocking energy,.....(whatever it may be.),........is not as strong for you when writing on the forum.

That post is an excellent stream of consciousness on your part.

In the post you appear very engaged with me,....and there appears in all of your longer posts a sense of cathartic release.

The thoughts are cogent, and on point. The posts are "REAL" communication and connection.

Now, this next question is very subjective,.......

What feels different about posting here? Joe,...this might be important. What FEELS different about this environment, (FOR YOU), that seems to free up your creative thought process? Or maybe better to call it your consciousness stream.

What feels different enough here to allow you to fully engage me and others. 

Do you see where I'm steering us? I see some similarities in our respective "memes". I see a similar freeing up of the blocking energy when we are "working" with others in THIS environment.

I'm truly asking this as a seeking. Sort of like that silly theory I have about all of us having some pieces from each others "Cosmic Puzzle".

I'm attempting to compare our "puzzle pieces", to see if we can figure out where ours might fit, and help us understand more about how to ease some of my/yours/our suffering on this issue.

I am a creative type personality also,...the details not important right now. 

I understand intimately the issues you're suffering with regarding your art. The only coping skills I had developed when active in my art where chemical. 
  That clearly didn't work for me.

Joe, for the most part I am able to "present" very well. I have a good reputation as an engineer,......I have to travel around the world in my field,....which presents it's difficulties. I have to interface with people of different cultures,.. and spend a lot of time in military environments. 

NOBODY sees the train wreck I really am. Everything is PRESENTED,.... "high and tight",........."sh#@ together",......"solid as a rock." That's my reputation,...that's my mask,...........that's my interface with the "Great Out There".

But I'm really still the awkward 8 year old boy,.....playing with radios in his cellar. 

So,.....what allows us to feel safe enough to be a fallible human HERE?  

I have this feeling there are some answers for at least part of this if we can get some insight on the differences in the environment.

Regarding Sexual Energy Transfer,.....I agree. I see the difference in Michele,....I see the difference in myself. For a good 24 hours.

However,.....in my experience the transfer during "hook-ups" only left me drained. Big difference for me with a partner when compared to acquaintance/random/solo. 
 Maybe different for you or others.

Jamie

My excuse is always and ever fear. There is no other excuse really.
(06-02-2015, 05:49 PM)Tan.rar Wrote: [ -> ]My excuse is always and ever fear. There is no other excuse really.

Ah,......Tan,...........NAILED IT! That is definitely my experience. 

Fear of Failure.
Fear of Rejection.
Fear of Judgement.

Can't speak for Van and don't want to derail thread. But for my part,.....you nailed it.
It's funny that you bring up taking things too seriously as I feel I do the opposite, that is not taking anything seriously and always joking, which is something I have been trying to change recently.  I too feel unproductive and that I should be doing SO much more with my time and with my life, yet things don't seem to change for one reason or another.  One possible excuse I have been using is that "there is no point in opening up to another as they won't understand me or act sensitively or maturely enough to those things which are most important to me".  I feel almost parasitic at times and that I don't contribute anything of worth or value to others and the world.  I've been meaning to start journaling regularly for the longest time now, but I just can't keep it up whenever I start.  I don't know how some people manage to write so much and so often.
(06-02-2015, 08:44 PM)mjlabadia Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2015, 05:49 PM)Tan.rar Wrote: [ -> ]My excuse is always and ever fear. There is no other excuse really.

Ah,......Tan,...........NAILED IT! That is definitely my experience. 

Fear of Failure.
Fear of Rejection.
Fear of Judgement.

Can't speak for Van and don't want to derail thread. But for my part,.....you nailed it.

The biggest difference for writing a forum post is size and content.  There is a clear subject, a focus, a need to provide certain information.  Sometimes the information is...A lot and sometimes I am just round-about fearing being direct will go over people's heads.

I think Fear is a powerful excuse but part of me thinks fear is more than an excuse, it's a survival mechanism in areas.  To ignore fear is to ignore your nature as well as a Human Being, so calling Fear absolutely overall an excuse completely and no other thing as an excuse can seem odd.  An excuse can be self-recursive, simply using an excuse for the sake of using it, as an example.  However I think the true means of any excuse is avoiding.  Fear is a huge motivator to avoid, but it is also a motivator to live and learn.  Is a Fear of Spiders an Excuse to avoid Spiders?  I'd call it more of a Reason.  Whatever you use that isn't admitting that reason to avoid the Spiders is an excuse.  So perhaps saying you don't want to deal with spiders because it's hot out or the broom can't be found, perhaps it's black widows and you're worried about your health and want professionals to do it.  Maybe it's nothing more than you've never thought to brush away the webs.

The Spider is Catalyst, and the excuses are those reasons you avoid dealing with them, not the fears that spur you away as reason for avoidance.

Let me try to put this in a single clear sentence.  Do not mistake Reason as Excuse.  Sometimes the thing we use to avoid something is the exact reason, it isn't an excuse but the thing we MUST look at and be aware of to change things! A fear of spiders is not an excuse to avoid spiders, it's the core reason and the cause, a memory might be associated with that strong fear, or perhaps in the case of spiders it is natural and Human instinct to feel 'freaked out' or fear towards creepy-crawlies.  Either way, don't mistake reason for excuse.

That is a catch I failed to think of mentioning.

(06-03-2015, 07:18 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]It's funny that you bring up taking things too seriously as I feel I do the opposite, that is not taking anything seriously and always joking, which is something I have been trying to change recently.  I too feel unproductive and that I should be doing SO much more with my time and with my life, yet things don't seem to change for one reason or another.  One possible excuse I have been using is that "there is no point in opening up to another as they won't understand me or act sensitively or maturely enough to those things which are most important to me".  I feel almost parasitic at times and that I don't contribute anything of worth or value to others and the world.  I've been meaning to start journaling regularly for the longest time now, but I just can't keep it up whenever I start.  I don't know how some people manage to write so much and so often.

The bold was me up until I met my own hell.  However, your Excuse may literally be a reason that you can work on, rather than viewing it as excuse and thus not helpful, sometimes we mistake the Reason as an Excuse and feel discouraged and think we're all messed up.  Why Am I the Way I Am?  I don't know, but there are reasons, experiences that shaped me, painted me.  The excuses are those things I put down to distract from my flaws, they're the sleeping moments where I direct awareness into unawareness sometimes without even knowing or realizing I'm doing such in order to avoid showing my own self perceived flaws to others and myself.

I agree in that I feel the exact same way with the Underlined portion.  It's just that for me I take it a step forward and get personal.  I see it as we have a choice, we choose how we are towards people.  If others will treat me badly, I'll meet them with the worst, indifference now.  I want to spread love and light, but misery and pain.  So I have to realize others don't know, don't care, and that's their right.  Others will be insensitive.  I am scared of it, I am easily hurt, I am sensitive, why can't they be more considerate or thoughtful...Or why do they not care at all?  I care about their stuff and try to respect their views, why can't they do so minimally in return?

Because they've the Free Will To Be As They Will Be.  So now it comes down to we have a reason, a reason that we thought was an excuse but can be seen closer to a Cause-Effect clause.  Something made me feel this way, and now I know it's out there and real and could happen to me again, and I don't want that, I do not desire that.  Yet, I desire to not infringe others Free Will, and do desire to be loving and thoughtful.  I have the power to make my choice.  It is my responsibility to make that choice and perform it, in this instance, allowing the universe to let others near me to hurt me in those ways that test me.  I don't want it, but it is necessary, and avoiding it yields bad results typically.  To just approach it the few times it comes, with dignity and integrity towards my self and my decisions and my desires and my actions.  When someone is insensitive, I respond honestly with consideration, 'Oh, I'm actually this/that but no worries' or along the lines of a neutral 'you just insulted me but I'm cool and understand' statements.  Of course, when they deliberately attack you, I call it FAIR GAME, and now have much more ethical freedom in my responses regarding my own karmic effects as they ARE SUBJECTIVE (Ra Quote, The Inertia of the Wheel of Karma is stopped by Forgiveness)
And then I can choose to respond in mirror (negativity and anger in return), indifference, or love (positivity and compassion in return).  With the negative or positive actions being charged with potential to polarize due to the emotionally charged situation. (Intensity counts as well, it's not said enough.)

Folk, you seem to feel a lot of things I do around the same time as I do.  -Goes to stalk your wanderer story-
I'm not scared of spiders, but in my dreams I am. They are everywhere in my nightmares.
I think fear is often misunderstood and is a sign that one should go to the very root of the emotion.

It is hard to do but doable through meditation. It is alike a wound on the soul and needs to be healed.