Bring4th

Full Version: How to talk to a friend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How can I talk with a friend who says this about the Law of One and Spirituality?

Quote:I hate to say it, but you have fallen into a trap where reality and imagination are confused. You have come to believe in utter nonsense and, somehow, think that everyone else is wrong. I think that you are too easily swayed into believing almost anything. Take, for example, that one guy who you were absolutely convinced by mere trickery that he could actually set fire to paper using nothing but the "powers" of some ancient belief. I'm sorry, but merely believing in something doesn't give anyone special powers, period. You can read a million so-called testimonials by a million different people, but that doesn't mean that everyone is telling you the truth. People lie about all sorts of things for various reasons, such as money (the sales of books and TV spots, etc.), notoriety and just to see how many suckers they can reel in. Others lie because they think that it's the only way that they can make friends.

The best advice that I can give a friend (and yes, I do consider you to be my best friend  is to question EVERYTHING and remain skeptical. Don't immediately trust anyone, for that's a sure way of being taken advantage of. The same goes for salesmen, who are only in it for their own personal gain.  

Zachary

Response idea:

"ok, thanks for sharing your perspective"

you don't need to convince anyone...
*lovely*
This : The best advice that I can give a friend (and yes, I do consider you to be my best friend is to question EVERYTHING and remain skeptical. Don't immediately trust yourself and what you think of the nature of reality.

If you want to break his conception of reality, the only way might be through quantum mechanics as it makes classical physics irrelevant in themselves. In quantum mechanics, there is no space and no time. Everything is but ordered energy that is only a probable state.

You could also speak with him about how he views consciousness, the idea is not to convince him but to make him think.

If he's on scientific facts, tell him to listen to shows that speak of the nature of reality like Through the wormhole or many others. Once you break the belief system them, you realize the reality we observe is coherent simply because it is observed as such by it's parts. The role of the Observer in quantum mechanics.

There are many studies (mostly made in China althought sometimes of internationnal cooperation) about observed psychic powers. Everything is there for one that wants to seek truth.

But like Zachary said, you don't have to convince other than your own desire for it. The LOO is everywhere and everywhen.
He didn't even want to watch What the Bleep Down the Rabbit Hole with me.
He doesn't believe all scientific facts, especially regarding quantum mechanics and consciousness.
(06-01-2015, 02:13 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't even want to watch What the Bleep Down the Rabbit Hole with me.
He doesn't believe all scientific facts, especially regarding quantum mechanics and consciousness.

Well if he wants to only think in term of the macroscopic world, there isn't much you can do.

There are many things discovered which are not brought into the light simply because people do not want to break down their old beliefs.

Philosophying might be the best idea, questions like Why is there something? Why was there a Big Bang? Why is there even energy to begin with? are often underrated questions.
My response would be, what has Carla (Rueckert) gotten out of it? I'm pretty sure that her illnesses were caused by negative greetings. And even though they did sell the Law of One books, they also are available for free on the http://www.lawofone.info site. Not only does your friend sound skeptical, but he also sounds overly paranoid.

[Image: tumblr_mkp5ikrfc31rba5plo1_500.gif]

Another way to deal with him is to not really talk at all about the Law of One; even if he wants to.
Carla did seem like someone who wanted to be enlightened only to enlighten others.
GW Friend Wrote:I hate to say it, but you have fallen into a trap where reality and imagination are confused.

do you think he has a valid point on this?

I mean, is he judging you by some of your past mistakes and misinterpretations (before you started taking the medication) and some of the actions you took then?
I live in a very confused reality. I don't know. I don't think he knows either.
(06-01-2015, 02:14 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-01-2015, 02:13 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]He didn't even want to watch What the Bleep Down the Rabbit Hole with me.

Well if he wants to only think in term of the macroscopic world, there isn't much you can do.

There are many things discovered which are not brought into the light simply because people do not want to break down their old beliefs.

Philosophying might be the best idea, questions like Why is there something? Why was there a Big Bang? Why is there even energy to begin with? are often underrated questions.

Excellent, I will ask him those.
Just beware that most likely, you aren't going to be able to change his mind on this. His phrasing already sounds dismissive and almost insulting, even. So what is your goal in continuing the discussion with him? Do you really think you can change his mind?

Let me try another route. Would you have cared to craft some thoughtful reply to him, to the point where you had to enlist this forum's help, if his response had been something like, "hmm, I don't know, that's cool that you found a philosophy that works for you but I don't think it resonates with me"? I'm guessing probably not.

He isn't dismissing the LOO based on any reading or research he's done, or any logical or scientific or religious or personal issues. He's dismissing it because of your history for being duped, apparently, and that con-men exist in this world. I can totally see how that would upset you and/or make you feel defensive, like you need to validate your beliefs.

But if you give him the chance to attack your beliefs further -- by trying to philosophize with him -- he might just take you right up on that. This looks to me like it's a lesson in letting go.

I figure that the overwhelming majority of people I come across would dismiss LOO out of hand. And that's fine and totally understandable. I don't necessarily believe everything is 100% true in the LOO, but I don't need it to be. (If you need the LOO to be a perfect document, ask yourself: why?) The message is what resonates with me, and my life has improved immeasurably since I came across it and put its philosophy in practice.

I think the best response is to just put the LOO to practical use and be the best person you can be. Accept that others are going to have very different perspectives and beliefs. Forgive him for his dismissive remarks.
Don't expend so much energy on people in these pursuits.  If your friend does not want to believe the Law of One, he does not need to, however, he should show some level of respect for your belief system, as your friend.

If he won't, it's hard to call him a friend, you can tell him I said that too.  If he wants to make you completely and utterly drop the Law of One, maybe it's because right now you need to work on your faith of it, or you need to truly take a rest from the Law of One for a while and let your mind figure things out on its own while it's healing.

Either way, please don't let your friend complicate your beliefs, if he wants to ask you simply to dismiss it completely, then don't talk about the LOO to him, especially if it's hurting you when he says it isn't true.  If a religious/philosophical topic is too much for two friends to discuss in a friendly manner, than don't discuss it at all.  It is NOT worth the friendship.
Edit: And please realize I'm the nihilist who picked up the Law of One, it is and is not for some people.
First off I'd like to know what this message was in response to.

I think your friend sounds very smart and that his advice is sound. Healthy skepticism is a good thing to develop.

Quote:You have come to believe in utter nonsense and, somehow, think that everyone else is wrong.

Do you ever tell your friend that they are wrong in their beliefs?

Personally I have many friends who think spirituality stuff is nonsense and that's fine. If those topics come up in conversation (which is rare) I will offer an opinion, but for the most part those topics aren't touched and we get along fine. Friends don't have to believe the same things, that's fine.

Faith is good, but blind faith can lead one astray.
My mom and I were always pretty open and got along well.
I used to try to discuss woo things at family get togethers. Wasn't LOO stuff. But other stuff I was tuning in to.
One day she said to me "Kev, I believe the stuff you're talking about, but I don't want to know."

Maybe some people sense that there is a heightened responsibility with acquiring certain Knowledge that they are not yet ready to accept.

I've been carrying around the pdfs of the 5 LOO books for years. Swapping them from computer to computer, phone to phone, with my other book files.
I tried reading them just once, not sure how long ago. Been awhile back.
I didn't get very far. It just wasn't doing anything for me. Didn't resonate at all.
Maybe just wasn't in The Plan just yet.

I recently "rediscovered" the works after rereading the HH dialogue.

And it has blown me away.
clickclickclick
boingboingboing

It seems some part of me was ready to recieve properly at this time.
(06-02-2015, 01:20 PM)Berilac Sandydowns Wrote: [ -> ]I used to try to discuss woo things at family get togethers.

I didn't understand what you meant here. What is it that you were referring to?
(06-02-2015, 01:29 PM)Lighthead Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2015, 01:20 PM)Berilac Sandydowns Wrote: [ -> ]I used to try to discuss woo things at family get togethers.

I didn't understand what you meant here. What is it that you were referring to?

UFOs, non main stream spirituality, conspiricies, ESP, sasquatch.
All the FUN stuff. :p
(06-01-2015, 01:46 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]How can I talk with a friend who says this about the Law of One and Spirituality?

Quote:I hate to say it, but you have fallen into a trap where reality and imagination are confused. You have come to believe in utter nonsense and, somehow, think that everyone else is wrong. I think that you are too easily swayed into believing almost anything. Take, for example, that one guy who you were absolutely convinced by mere trickery that he could actually set fire to paper using nothing but the "powers" of some ancient belief. I'm sorry, but merely believing in something doesn't give anyone special powers, period. You can read a million so-called testimonials by a million different people, but that doesn't mean that everyone is telling you the truth. People lie about all sorts of things for various reasons, such as money (the sales of books and TV spots, etc.), notoriety and just to see how many suckers they can reel in. Others lie because they think that it's the only way that they can make friends.

The best advice that I can give a friend (and yes, I do consider you to be my best friend  is to question EVERYTHING and remain skeptical. Don't immediately trust anyone, for that's a sure way of being taken advantage of. The same goes for salesmen, who are only in it for their own personal gain.  

Personally, I wouldn't even try to convince them.  Usually such "convincing" just results in both parties simply becoming more deeply entrenched in their belief systems.

Every individual has a circumscribed boundary to their belief system.  Once the limits of that have been found, the only real way to relate to them is within the parameters they have come to accept.  The best you can do is occasionally try to stretch it just a little.  It takes time and patience.  But at the end of the day, you can't force someone to widen their view, even if it is causing them pain.

All you can really do is accept them for where they are, and share your relationship to the degree their belief system allows.  You literally repel information that does not resonate with your belief system to the same degree as the purity and conviction of the belief.
I'll just stop talking to him about the LOO. He thinks it's a cult.
(06-02-2015, 03:48 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'll just stop talking to him about the LOO. He thinks it's a cult.

Just make sure you pray to Carla before you really decide on what to do.  Wink
(06-02-2015, 03:48 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I'll just stop talking to him about the LOO. He thinks it's a cult.

My girlfriend is the same way lol Angel
He told me "don't use drugs" when referring to the Law of One.
(06-10-2015, 06:07 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]He told me "don't use drugs" when referring to the Law of One.

You are the one that knows if drugs are helpful for you or not. 

Plenum made a nice post about "traning aids" and the responsabilities and dangers that come with them in the "The Vibratory Formulae" thread.
(06-01-2015, 01:46 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]How can I talk with a friend who says this about the Law of One and Spirituality?

Ask him to befriend a Ra worshipper who likes birds. Then after he's spent a sizable portion of his life being followed around by Telepathic Crows, ask him again about Ra material.
Just as a different perspective - have you ever had someone try and enlighten you about something you just didn't believe in? Or something you just didn't want to hear?

A preacher on a street corner, a Jehovah's Witness at your door? Did you want to hear what they had to say? How did you deal with it? How do you wish they had conducted themselves?

We have no idea on the content of the conversations that led to your friend saying these things. I'm not suggesting that you're all in his face about the LOO, but in putting the shoe on the other foot and imagining the last time you were in his position, perhaps you can gain a better understanding.

Splash

"Because others cannot vibrate in your experience, they cannot affect the outcome of your experience. They can hold their opinions, but unless their opinion affects your opinion, their opinion matters not at all. A million people could be pushing against you, and it would not negatively affect you unless you push back. They are affecting what happens in their experience. They are affecting their point of attraction—but it does not affect you unless you push against them." (-Abraham)
I thought you'd never talk to me again Splash.

Splash

I hope you never abuse an animal again.