Bring4th

Full Version: Help please!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, to start off, Julia Butterfly Hill(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_Butterfly_Hill) is coming to town and speaking at the local community college. Afterword she is going to a local spot for the reception and a dinner. I am the one making dinner. I of course volunteered for the job, being that cooking is one of my passions, and I like what she does on the whole. The problem being is that the dinner is Monday, and I am still not completely sure what I want to make, though I am inspired, I only have a few ideas. I have to assume that I will be cooking for vegans, and that there will be about 100 people. I have catered before and with a lot less advance prep, but I have never catered for all vegans, and for some reason feel a little more pressure to succeed with this one.

On top of this I have been taking a culinary course, that gets me my serve safe certifications, among other things. It is helping me get connected in a field I enjoy. Graduation, and the graduation dinner, is on Wednesday. We have class on Monday and are prepping for the grad dinner. The times are over lapping, though the chef said it is okay if I miss a little. And, hahaha, I am doing the salads for the grad dinner....Tongue

Yes I do plan to be a vegan eventually, but atm, am not and therefor at a loss......Huh

Any easy ideas and recipes you guys have to toss at me will be helpful. It occurred to me that a lot of you are not only vegans but may have been in similar spots.

Thanks ahead of time!

L/L
This is the only site I have that has a bunch of vegan recipes. I make everything myself in soups, wraps, or raw, so I'm really no help. I'm sure they wouldn't be totally impressed with a bunch of carrot plates BigSmile

http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-Vegan-Recipes/

Good Luck!!!
Redacted!

ayadew

(04-11-2010, 12:40 AM)Peregrinus Wrote: [ -> ]This is the only site I have that has a bunch of vegan recipes. I make everything myself in soups, wraps, or raw, so I'm really no help. I'm sure they wouldn't be totally impressed with a bunch of carrot plates BigSmile

http://www.instructables.com/id/Easy-Vegan-Recipes/

Good Luck!!!

I'm not a vegan but much of that looks yummy.. good inspiration
I'm keeping this for my bookmarks as well. Smile

Good luck airwaves. Smile Perhaps it's an idea to find a vegan forum, explain the situation and say you're not a vegan but you want to make a nice meal for these people.. That should be rare enough to get some of them to give you advice. Smile

fairyfarmgirl

Vegan Dinner:

Are they Raw Foody Vegans or just Vegans? I am sure it will be stellar! Let me know If I can help... I used to cook for a living for Vegans and Vegetarians and Raw food Vegans... LOL and yes I am an Omnivore... LOL

I Love this book:

The Vegetarian Planet http://www.amazon.com/Vegetarian-Planet-...1558321152

I just got back from a spiritual retreat which was vegetarian... it was lovely!

Love--

fairyfarmgirl
Redacted!
(04-12-2010, 10:58 PM)airwaves Wrote: [ -> ]I was a big hit, what I cooked felt quite average to me, but everyone was very happy. It was an absolutely incredible experience besides just cooking for them. I have never been to such a large gathering of light bringers. I was just completely amazed at the light all around me. Strikingly beautiful and awe inspiring. It felt really good to make a difference at such an event. Thanks for the help guys Smile
Really awesome that it worked out so well!

But you're not ending it that easily Smile What did you cook? ( If you already mentioned it and I missed it, sorry! Tongue )

fairyfarmgirl

Tell us the DETAILS, you silly Airwaves! Just don't give the skinny! What did you cook and describe what it tasted and looked like... A hint on how to do this is fully remember the experience and then begin to write about it...

Love--
fairyfarmgirl
Redacted!

fairyfarmgirl

TongueGreat Details, Airwave...and you missed the details of the menu... what the foods looked like, colors, textures, tastes... the energy of the food you prepared... recipes you used? :-/Details --Hello[b]?! LOLSmile:idea:Smile

-fairyfarmgirl
You vibrate, both, at a similar rate.
That's great!
Redacted!