Bring4th

Full Version: Build your own ionic detox footbath
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Many of you probably know about those ionic detox footbaths. Those ones at the spa where they charge $30 or so for a 1/2 hour session. And machines can cost upwards of $2000.

Following these directions, I was able to make my own for less than $60.

Part 1: http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1185982
Part 2: http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1186002#i

I started with a battery charger:
[Image: 01_FootBath.JPG]

Then some stainless steel flashing (used on rooftops) a friend gave me:
[Image: 02_FootBath.JPG]

Drew out the design from the curezone site recommended by Starseed.
I followed the directions, but they turned out a little tall. Still, worked fine.
This is a very forgiving design:
[Image: 03_FootBath.JPG]

Cut the steel flashing:
[Image: 04_FootBath.JPG]

Folded in half to double up, since this was pretty thin:
[Image: 05_FootBath.JPG]

Cut the doubled-up half:
[Image: 06_FootBath.JPG]

Two finished doubled-up panels:
[Image: 07_FootBath.JPG]

Prepping the plastic cutting board base for sizing:
[Image: 08_FootBath.JPG]

The Battery charger with orgonite pyramid:
[Image: 09_FootBath.JPG]

Putting a plastic bolt spacer:
[Image: 10_FootBath.JPG]
The finished plates:
[Image: 11_FootBath.JPG]

The Trial Run

Starting the Soak:
[Image: 12_FootBath.JPG]

+8 Minutes:
[Image: 13_FootBath.JPG]

+15 Minutes:
[Image: 14_FootBath.JPG]

+26 Minutes:
[Image: 15_FootBath.JPG]

+32 Minutes:
[Image: 16_FootBath.JPG]

Survey Says:

[Image: 17_FootBath.JPG]

Afterwards:

My body felt marginally better, though my head was a bit cloudy after. It was late though, so could have been tiredness as well. Will take a few times to notice much difference. Am drinking a lot of water and orange juice to flush this. I will be doing twice a week for a month and see how I feel then.

When I first put my feet in, it was a slight zzt feeling. Not too bad once they're in. The feet tingle, sometimes it's itchy, sometimes prickly feeling. No, I didn't feel the gunk going out. I just felt the prickly sensations. I used somewhat warm water. Best to use as hot as you can handle comfortably to really open the pores. My feet were fine after. When I pulled them out they had that sludge on them. But my feet looked just as if you put your feet in salt water. Kind of takes the oils off. It was a bit cold after last night, so I was more shivering from that than noticing the sensations in my feet.

Be sure to use a trash bag, because this stuff can probably stain. It's oily residue. I also had some Redmonds Sea Salt with minerals that's not pictured. Just sprinkled in about a handful or so of each of the mineral salts and the cheaper basic sea salt.

My friend helping me had put the duct tape on at one point because of some sharp edges. I removed it and cleaned with mineral spirits, because I didn't want the glue in the tape coming off into the water.

Also, a departure from the instructions, I made the legs 1" wide instead of 1/2" wide, and the feet I made an extra 1" long, so I could bend and screw them into the plastic, instead of using that glue. And be sure to cut of one of the top arms on each panel, opposite the other, so the two don't short out when powering.

Remember this is a very forgiving design. My plates aren't really even at all. I did about 1" space between them.

Happy Detoxing!
wow how clever are you building that from scratch!!! very impressive and that sludgey stuff looks very yuck, must have been amazing seeing that happening from something you'd built by yourself
Amazing!!!
I give it 2 slimy thumbs up Smile
I read that the brown stuff comes from the oxygenated steel plate.

I don't really know whether or not this really works, although I've tried it once. My question is have you do you know anyone who has ever tried to get some sort of medical check up to see what the toxin levels are in the body after doing an ionic detox bath?

just want to add that having some sort of medical confirmation would make it more likely for me to build my own. BigSmile

ayadew

Nice to see you try it Gemini Wolf, but as BlatzAdict says I think it's simply a chemical process with the steel plates. I just can't imagine anyone having that much green stuff in their feet!
(04-26-2010, 12:08 AM)BlatzAdict Wrote: [ -> ]I don't really know whether or not this really works, although I've tried it once.

I tried it once and started feeling very week and dizzy. The practitioner told me I was very 'sensitive.' She had to halt the process early. I have no idea why that happened. All it told me was that something was definitely happening!
I have tried it with just the steel plates by themselves and it's a fine reddish powdery substance. Definitely not green goo.

I've sinced moved on to more interesting stuff, but thought it was a nice project at the time, rather than forking out $2000 for the same thing.
(05-04-2010, 05:35 PM)Gemini Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]I have tried it with just the steel plates by themselves and it's a fine reddish powdery substance. Definitely not green goo.

I've sinced moved on to more interesting stuff, but thought it was a nice project at the time, rather than forking out $2000 for the same thing.

I think you should keep doing it for a while. Clay baths bring a lot of sludge out too
hey guys,
i have just joined.
sounds good to me!!!!!