Bring4th

Full Version: if you could go back in time 200 years for 1 day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you could go back in time 200 years for 1 day and bring with you anything. What would it be and what would you do?

I would locate outside a major city and bring with me this stage (fast forward to 18:00 for the first track I would play for a full audience), a powerful generator (or 3) and different styles of amazing music;

Imagine the breathtaking divine awesomeness seeing and hearing something like this 200 years ago BigSmile
as I immersed my self in the imagination about this I got so moved I actually shed a few tears :$

With only the music and dance as my message I would go back to my time <3
Total collected Sci-Fi works of humanity and a nuclear battery with 200 year lifetime and tell them "that's the year 2000, for real."
Concealed video\audio recorder. I'd be looking to document, not to change.
Toilet paper
LOL @ Spaced, genius, another thing we have normalized and dont really see anymore (unless we are out of it) Tongue
Laptop.  Documents inside of a Folder: Conspiracy Theories, Top Secret Government Documents (leaked), and several dozen/hundred/thousand (how much time do we have to plan?) articles on society over the years of 1815-2015.  Then next to that will be a written note by 'The Last Human', written as follows:

"After 2015.  I found a Way.  I'm the last.  It's All Gone.  Please, Change This."

Leave the laptop in the hands of the elite at the time (like right on their doorstep, time traveller style), spread several copies of the documents across the Earth in various highly populated places focusing around England, Americas, Australia, Russia, China, Japan, South and North Korea, and if possible, The North Pole, Mount Everest's top (as if left there by God for the first person to hike it to discover), Bermuda Triangle's sunken Pyramid (so when they find it they'll know!), several key Religious sites, and literally across Israel left and right.

So that they can all look back if things don't change, and say 'someone tried to warn us', or to make things change and hope FUBAR ain't the new Bar.
I would bring pizza and share with them the hope of a better future.

I would honnestly not go 200 years back for a day if given the opportunity.
lol I wouldn't either. There is no point.
(06-08-2015, 10:08 PM)Indigo Light Wrote: [ -> ]lol I wouldn't either. There is no point.

You may have been there 200 years ago, you could find yourself and kill your past self to experience being killed by yourself and killing yourself.

Though that's what every murderer already does.
What if i went in the past 200 years and killed my Great-Great-(great) Grandpa and slept with...

...Never mind lol
@VanAlioSaldo: Have you seen the recent movie "Predestination," which is based on an old Heinlein short story? If not, I think you'll like it. Smile
I would probably just walk around a major city and just spend a day with the locals, seeing how things were really like back then. Perhaps i would goto a show, maybe then for a meal and a drink. Just a fine day out in the past really.
Hmm, actually if you went back 200 years exactly you'd be just in time to see the end of the Napoleonic wars. You could watch Napoleon's defeat at Waterloo.
And then be amazed that he's not short!

If i could, I'd go back in time with 100,000 dollars, bury it.

I just made money!
Now, if someone wanted to go back in time a few hundred years and knew it would be a one-way trip, here's what I'd suggest they bring to keep themselves fed: A big load of ballpoint pens, disposable fire-lighters, and bottles of crazy glue.

These are all things which are dirt cheap today and easy to obtain in bulk. None of them are so "magical" that you'd risk getting burned for having them - the techniques they're based on are clear. You can *see* the mechanisms in a cheap pen or lighter. However, the people of the time would have no ability to successfully reverse-engineer them, since they require modern processes, machines, and chemistry knowledge to actually replicate. Their operation is simple enough anyone could use them. And they'd all be so incredibly useful that you'd be welcome in any court, if you had some to sell.

Just say you're a traveling merchant who's been to the East, and they're the product of ancient Chinese techniques whose secrets were never revealed to you, or some such line. You're set for life selling these "treasures" and the chances of polluting the timestream are minimal, aside from probably confusing later archaeologists.

/watches too much Doctor Who Wink