Bring4th

Full Version: Willpower - What Is It?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Willpower
The Great Strength as I jokingly call it.  What is Willpower?  I used to think of it as mental tenacity, then I thought of it as physical potential, then figured it was a Spiritual Force.
So why not all three?  Mental Tenacity, Physical Potential, Spiritual Force.  The ability to will yourself the way you desire to be.  The ability to Be as you Will Be the way you Want To Be.  Or perhaps that isn't willpower at all.  it's like the first time I ever pondered what Love was, I had little idea on where to start.  So I had to really think about it, and I looked into it a lot.

Now I'm at Willpower, (next is Balance, then after that...Well, guess~) and so I'm pondering, I'm wondering and thinking.  How do we people go about each day dragging ourselves out of bed and throwing on our skins to be humane out there?  How can some who trek through madness manage it every day?  Honestly, where does this Will, and this Power come from?  Is it linked to our Red Ray and how much we desire to live?  Is it connected to the Orange and Yellow Rays concerning ourselves and others?  What is Willpower, how would you define or describe how one 'draws forth Willpower?'

Kind of like how one may draw forth Love from the Green Ray and Temperance (in self-confidence) from the Indigo Ray.

Where does Willpower come from?

There's an Archetype in the Law of One called the Matrix of the Mind, and in it's Tarot (The Magician, you sexy archetype, you) is depicted a Sphere of Power, is that sphere metaphorically my Will?  Is my Will basically in my hands, at my disposal, and am I just looking away like 'hurr, w'ere my willpow?' in denial?  I like to attribute the Willpower to two Chakras.  Red and Indigo, on one end we have the confidence to believe we have Willpower in Indigo Ray, and literally on the opposite end at Red Ray we have the capability to utilize our 'Choice' (an example is by using Orange Ray Power towards self at Red Ray level, or just using red ray level to 'control' or 'allow' your 'initial reaction/response') and draw forth 'willpower' to perform our desire.  Willpower doesn't come from Indigo or Red Ray in this configuration though, I think we need to use those to utilize it though.

Willpower comes from you, you provide the Willpower to yourself in a self-recursive manner, no different from 'choosing' to be happy and 'choosing' to see things from a different perspective (Red, Orange, Yellow, potentially Green, potentially Blue and Indigo Ray all right there).  

It helps to also try to see this all happening 'inside' of The Moment, rather than in the future or past, as it muddies up the concept in terms of simultaneity and purity (it's ALL happening NOW, not then or later)

Is Willpower thus, simply, us Doing?
Will, to me, is seen in the wandering of the Fool, it is the possibility of direction which is then brought forth through the focus of the Logos.

In other words, will is energy, and so I believe is created like a battery creates energy, with a positive and negative pole. I believe polarity is the capacity or potential for will to work, to make choices. Hence strengthening the will and polarizing go hand in hand.

Notice that Ra says first there was infinity then awareness which was the freedom of will of awareness or in other words the freedom to be aware of whatever is within the self that is the One Infinite Creator. So I guess will is our potential freedom to be aware of anything.
Would it be odd if I tried to see if you may be referencing Will differently to Willpower?  Could you just reference the session when Ra said that as it sounds like a contextual quote as well and I just want to make sure.

I actually like the way you view Will though, and it may actually pertain to Willpower, but in this way it sounds closer to pertaining to Free Will-Will rather than Willpower-Will.  ...So much Willllll

So, I ask because you begin to speak in terms of Power when talking about energy and polarization, which the mechanics you describe are similar to the ones Ra talks about regarding 'holding a charge' if you will in regards to Work in Consciousness.  But I don't think polarizing determines our Willpower overall, I think it just Buffs it.  I say that out of experience more than anything, I held a pretty heavy (though it felt lighter and lighter) 'charge' or potential for a while and discharged a lot of it.  Similar to how when I was with my ex the sexual energy transfers having built up pretty decently helped me write out 1k pages worth of my book .eXe in less than 8 months.

So how do we manage Will without those buffs?  Would we call Will our Vital Energy perhaps??

I'm also glad you brought up The Fool, being The Choice Archetype, I feel like it may be applied to Will in terms of how I applied Red Ray, we have a Choice, we must first Utilize the Power to Make That Choice. The Fool Archetype comes to mind immediately Heart
(06-08-2015, 11:44 AM)VanAlioSaldo Wrote: [ -> ]Is Willpower thus, simply, us Doing?

No, (free)Will(power) is that which precedes the doing. The doing is the action, the movement, the work, the creativity, the kinetic, energy, vibration (different words for exactly the same concept). Everything that moves does so because of the (free)Will(power) behind it. This is why Ra states Will was/is the first "distortion" that lead Intelligent Infinity to focalize into a particular kinetic focus of activity known as Love (the second "distorion" or principle). Will is the cause to said activity/creativity. Will is what turns potential (rest) into activity (work). Simple as that.

Will is the reason you wake up every morning from bed and go around your daily round of activities. Will is the reason you move, act, think and work. Will is not simply choosing whether to eat cheesecake or lasagna tonight. Those choices are rather inconsequential. Will is not understood by most people on this planet. With the veil of forgetting in mind, one's true willpower becomes "hidden" from one's surface awareness (the veiled incarnation). You are willing every moment of every day as you make choices in response to various catalysts you come across. This builds action/thoughts over time (and "lifetimes"), which precipitates all the consequential manifestations you further experience ("you create your own reality"), even if most times you believe you didn't want, wish or intend (will) those manifestations. I assure you, whatever is manifested within your experiential nexus, you willed at some level of your being (even—and especially if—that willing was metaphysically/sub-consiously/pre-incarnatively). And hey, "wrong" choices count too. "You are dancing thoughts." Yet the thoughts dance to the beat of your... you guess it, freewill.

This is why I praise this little line from David Lynch's Dune (1984): "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion."

Intelligent Infinity has this singular characteristic before any manifestation/creation occurs: Will. Intelligent Infinity rests in absolute potential "before" doing/creating. It is when this power of Will taps upon that infinite potential that a choice of exploration has been made, and a creative focus ensues (Love). In other words, Infinity becomes focalized. Focalization is key to Creativity. Non-focalization is the Creator at rest. And rest (potential) is the background for all activity/creativity.

Perhaps if you understand that there isn't just one "Love" but an infinite number of these creative focuses or Logoi then the principle of Will would become more apparent. The Creator is infinitely free to create. However, that creativity rests in infinite potential until Will causes it become potentiated (activated) into particular kinetic focus (Love).

There are infinite Loves or kinetic focuses of creative activity. Each and every one of these are brought forth from the infinite potential which is Intelligent Infinity by the power of Will to act or create.

Quote:27:12
The term Love then may be seen as the focus, the choice of attack, the type of energy of an extremely, shall we say, high order (...) This then may be seen to be an object rather than an activity by some of your peoples, and the principle of this extremely strong energy focus being worshiped as the Creator instead of unity or oneness from which all Loves emanate.

Here again Ra states people of Earth tend to think of Love as an object rather than an activity. Love is an activity, an energy of the highest order. And notice the last few words too: people worship Love instead of the Unity/Oneness from which all Loves emanate. There isn't just one Love or Logos or Original Thought of Creation, but an infinite number of such, all arising from the same potential of Intelligent Infinity, which is the same as Unity/Oneness.

As I said elsewhere:
(1) the power, impulse or desire to act (Will)
(2) the action itself (Love/Thought)
(3) the manifestation of said activity (Light)

PS: There is no difference between will, freewill and willpower. The much stigmatized word power derives from the Old French povoir ("the ability to act or do"), which, as with most French words, derives in turn from the Latin potens/potentialis ("powerful, capable of doing or acting").
Etymology 101 ZZzz

Thus, the ability to act or do precedes the doing or action itself. As such, this power or Will precedes the Love or the action. Intelligent Infinity equals infinite potential, and is therefore infinitely powerful ("full" of Will) to act or do (Love), and because It is infinite, It must also be infinitely free in Its choice of action or creative exploration (Love). Hence the plurality of Loves or kinetic focuses of Creativity.

So once again, there is no difference between will, freewill and willpower, save in semantic nuances.

PPS: This thread should perhaps be moved to the "Strictly Law of One Material" sub-forum.
...I uh.  Really should have just said Do'ing (post-edit: Done -durr-), cause I meant plain Do, but it didn't sound right just saying 'Simply, us Do?' and do'ing looked...  Eh.

I've already mentioned that the Original Thought could be One of Many, so I understand perfectly the concept of a Unity that Creates as well as the Will being the activity that creates.  I do not understand why people put so much Power in the word Power, when I say Willpower I think the Power is in the word Will, with Power being as you literally just explained, a definer of Doing.  So Will-Do essentially is the same as Willpower, or Will-Done perhaps.  ...I should have said Done, not Doing.

Now, please forgive me for this, but this is why I posted this in the Life on Planet Earth Forum:
I'm avoiding the explanations of Free Will, and looking for closer to Archetype Explanations or Personal Opinions and, or Personal Explanations to link applying Willpower to every day life.  To aid me in my search to discover how to properly aid in discussing and describing and explaining the process of 'Applying Willpower' (If I can't explain it to another moderately, I don't know it well enough essentially.  Being a Teach/Learner requires also being a Learn/Teacher in my mind.)

But your answer helps me HUGE WAY LOTS on one issue regarding how things come forth.

Would you call Will Self-Recursive?
Hi VanAlioSaldo.

Ra use the terms faith and will when referring to polarizing regardless of the path. They also referred to the human collective as having the "attention" span of children in the spiritual sense. So will power is developed through focusing our attention on whatever it is we desire, or whatever intend to do. So whatever intention develops, we need to develop our attendance to it, the focusing or strengthening of our will.

Just a short analogy here. 

Your playing away from home and it's your turn to bat. The opposing teams ground is like a fortress and the drowning hum of a baying crowd can be heard for miles. You however can only hear a muffled background, such is the strength of your focus. The bowler, or ball thrower hurls it towards you and your eye never leaves the object. BOOM! Out the park! you release your focus and the crowd falls silent. You bow to them for their service offered and offer some Jamaican swagger round the pitch. That's faith, that's will, thats the Power.
Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance. Thus it must be carefully used and directed in service to others for those upon the positively oriented path.

So sayeth Ra.   Tongue  

Will is CHOICE.  It is probably the most primal action of the creator, of which we are all extensions of.

Will is then empowered by FAITH.  Think of faith as the spiritual shuttle through which will FLOWS.  Depending on the purity of such faith, the shuttle either resists the will or facilitates it.  However, the shuttle, or "bridge" that faith is, is constructed by the WILL.  Actually a more accurate analogy would be that the bridge was already constructed, but we tend to tear it down in our confusion, which then necessitates us rebuilding it (or pruning the vines off it, as it were).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iy-3ZcsxJDs

Apropos to this topic is this account from the intergalactically-known, intensely positively-oriented exemplary creative spirit Mme Joni Mitchell of her self-determined partial remission from polio as a frightened but resolutely positive and fiercely strong-willed nine-year-old girl facing (circa 1952) terrifyingly daunting catalyst:

https://vimeo.com/19463321 ["Joni Mitchell - Interview Pamela Wallin Live/Smokin'" --  2/19/96]

Later in life, Mitchell was intensely engaged in the ideas of, among others, Friedrich Nietzsche and Carlos Castaneda (both of whom championed the enormous power of the human use of Will and Intent in high-energy life applications). Her positive influence-- not least via her very well-received song-writing and musical performance over half a century-- in the subliminal emotional and contemplative lives of myriads of people is incalculable (if you don't happen to have the panoptic overview of a lofty sentience such as the Ra; if you do, it's quite calculable).
Incidentally, she suffered what seems to have been a stroke this past April, and is now in a challenging phase of life-more-nearly-approaching-death (but pbuh! may she live a thousand years!) which I suspect is of an order of magnitude of catalyst more intense than merely(!) facing down polio (and other such life-challenges she's had), and for which such hard-earned tempering-experiences comprise for her a framework of intimate knowledge which allows intelligently loving response from Essence to the ultimate life-challenge-- doublessly (if I know Mitchell) with consummate style. For those with eyes to see and ears to hear, such a one is very high in the front ranks of currently incarnate Wanderers who have been outrageously successful at their missions of countering hypermaterialism and hyperrationalism and projecting innocent intuitive creativity in These Interesting Times.

"In every state, the Heart is my support:
In this kingdom of existence it is my sovereign.
When I tire of the treachery of Reason--
God knows I am grateful to my Heart."
-- Ustad Khallilulah Khalili

It is an essential part of her globally-known persona-format to act in her very person, as well as through her projected persona, as a holismic transtemporal polarity-integrating triggering-catalyst for the Positives of good heart (who in fact intend to enforce positivity with the utmost of their will in the everyday world), and as a fearfully provocative polarity-reinforcer for the Others, who leave our story at this point.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3g-Wv-p_ug ["Tomorrow's Challenges" -- at 04:20]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuxMCsZP5OA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyotn-3qycM
Cheers.