Bring4th

Full Version: I Am That
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wondering if anyone studied the Totality works of Nisargadatta Maharaj, or read the book "I Am That" or any other of Nisargadatta's teachings? If so, what is your perception of the relationship with his teachings and the Ra Material. This questions has been with me for too long. I would be most grateful for any input and/or opinions on the subject.
(04-12-2010, 09:54 PM)Sorrun Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering if anyone studied the Totality works of Nisargadatta Maharaj, or read the book "I Am That" or any other of Nisargadatta's teachings? If so, what is your perception of the relationship with his teachings and the Ra Material. This questions has been with me for too long. I would be most grateful for any input and/or opinions on the subject.

I have read that book. Although it must be a few years now. I was really impressed and into it.

I think Law of One is a step by step system very much like Patanjali 8 step Yoga system. Very systematic and methodical and logical. While Nisargadatta's information is much like 'ZEN' where you have instant enlightenment by abandoning all efforts. That is the first thing that jumps to mind. I will think more about this and may be refresh my memory and maybe add some more thoughts later on... Gotta run right now Smile
I remember, he comes from the Ramana Maharishi school of thought. And we have a resident expert on Ramana Maharishi. GLB do you know who I might be talking about Smile ?? hint hint !!!

Maybe the one who I am talking about can compare and contrast Law of One with 'Who Am I' ? Much appreciated BigSmile
Moderator note: Does the 'M' refer to Maharaj?

'
Quote:M: That in which consciousness happens, the universal consciousness or mind, we call the ether of consciousness. All the objects of consciousness form the universe. What is beyond both, supporting both, is the supreme state, a state of utter stillness and silence. Whoever goes there, disappears. It is unreachable by words, or mind. You may call it God, or Parabrahman, or Supreme Reality, but these are names given by the mind. It is the nameless, contentless, effortless and spontaneous state, beyond being and not being.'

'
Quote:M: Of course, everything is inter-linked. And therefore everything has numberless causes. The entire universe contributes to the least thing. A thing is as it is, because the world is as it is. You see, you deal in gold ornaments and I -- in gold. Between the different ornaments there is no causal relation. When you re-melt an ornament to make another, there is no causal relation between the two. The common factor is the gold. But you cannot say gold is the cause. It cannot be called a cause, for it causes nothing by itself. It is reflected in the mind as 'I am', as the ornament's particular name and shape. Yet all is only gold. In the same way reality makes everything possible and yet nothing that makes a thing what it is, its name and form, comes from reality.
But why worry so much about causation? What do causes matter, when things themselves are transient? Let come what comes and let go what goes -- why catch hold of things and enquire about their causes?'

In my opinion the 'Law of One' and NM's 'I am ness' have the same final goal, the oneness. NM declares the world to be an illusion and only reality being the I am ness/Oneness. NM's approach would strive to take you to the realization of intelligent infinity from the day one. While Ra's approach would take it step by step and identify distortions and classify distortions into different dimensions. Then slowly one by one you remove distortions and move up the ladder of being distortions free and reach the ultimate goal of being completely distortion free. Then you don't have an individual identity and any attrobutes as all attributes, names, forms are bound to cause distortions. There is only nameslessness and formlessness is left, the I AMness.

Sorrun-Now I would love to hear your thoughts my friend !
I read your quotes after a very challenging and intense work day. After reading the quotes, I instantly melted back to a calm yet most energized energy & vibration. Thank You!
I have been studding Totality longer than The Ra Material. I must admit, what attracted me initially to the Ra Material was a lot of the duality content. But then after getting into it more so, I noticed a similarity and more than one connection between some of the Totality Ra speaks of in conjunction with Nisargadatta's Totality teachings. Here are some quotes from The Ra Material that I was specifically trying to have a gained level of wisdom and a gained level of awareness on in regards to the connection between the two:

Quote:The Law of One, Book III Session 51:
The first level is planetary and that which may be called angelic. This type of guardian includes the mind/body/spirit complex totality or higher self of an entity and those inner plane entities which have been attracted to this entity through its inner seeking.
Totality's final outcome by merging like a magnetism, all the lower dimension entities are drawn/sucked/absorb to the mind/body/spirit complex totality to merge all other "me's", all into a oneness of the higher self?

Quote:The Law of One, Book III, Session 51:
The intelligent energy of the mind/body/spirit complex totality draws its existence from intelligent infinity or the Creator.
After Totality comes the creator? Just 1 more step to go after Totality?
If so, then there are 7 + 1 dimensions?

Quote:The Law of One, Book III Session 52:
The final reason is within the mind/body/spirit totality or the social memory complex totality which may judge that an entity or members of a societal entity can make use of third-density catalyst to recapitulate a learning/teaching hich is adjudged to be less than perfect. This especially applies to those entering into and proceeding through sixth-density wherein the balance between compassion and wisdom is perfected.
The Totality Self / Higher Self / D7 Entity Complex is who either gives or makes sugustions to or gives options to in regards to the catalyst for all of the selves?
Is Totality training's outcome, if perfected in D3, entry into D7, skipping the other dimensions along with the lessons and karma that is attached with them? Or is it beyond that? Or is it paralleled within time/space somehow?

Quote:The Law of One, Book III, Session 73:
More importantly, the time/space mind/body/spirit analog, which is evoked as the magical personality, has its only opportunity to gain rapidly from the experience of the catalytic action available to the third-density space/time mind/body/spirit.
Totality perfecting is only a lesson that is offered in D3?
Will I will not have the opportunity to be able to jump to D7 via Totality training/perfecting in D4 to D6 ?

Thank you so much for your replies thus far - really, Thank You!
The adept uses the higher self as a tool to become the magician or that one which works in consciousness, thus experiences the weighted catalyst of third density every time it is entering the illusion for the adept's use. As for jumping through densities I'm not so sure but I think these excerpts might offer some clues.

Question asked about skipping densities..
Laitos Intensive Meditation February 11, 1982
Quote:Questioner: Yes, thank you. I got a letter today from a brother who is very, very busy seeking Nirvana of the quickie variety and he would like to know the answer to a question which is difficult for me to fathom. However, I will ask it as he asked it because I would very much appreciate being able to send him a reply. He has studied under a yogic philosophy for many years and would very much like to return to the source. He identifies this source as being at the ninth density. He would like to know if it is possible to bypass all the intervening densities in this lifetime and go back to the source using his yogic practices. Could you comment on these concepts and help our brother, who is truly an earnest seeker, in any way that you see appropriate, please?

I am Laitos, and am aware of your question. We are also aware that entities such as this brother upon your planet at this time seek with great intensity the meaning of their lives and a path which might bring them that which might be called enlightenment. Many are the ways which your peoples have chosen to seek this path throughout the history of your planet. Each path has provided integral pieces of the puzzle, shall we say, which are most necessary for the sincere seeker to utilize in the polarization of the self to a degree which is, shall we say, harvestable. Many such paths have produced those called the saints, the avatars, the gurus, each of which, through disciplined exercises of many kinds, has been able to balance the centers of energy in your mind and body/mind/spirit complex to a degree that is necessary for this harvest into the next density of the illusion of the one Creator. Each discipline, while providing a viable path for the spiritual evolution, also contains those facets which may be considered distortions or misapprehensions of certain spiritual qualities and descriptions.

It is our humble understanding that the path of spiritual evolution must be one which is straight and narrow and of some considerable length, traveling through many illusions and densities with the one goal of becoming one with the Creator. What this means for each entity in any illusion is that the in-streamings of the love/light of the one Creator are available for use by each entity; this love/light or prana being channeled through the energy centers or chakras, if you will, in such a manner that the light is used efficiently, each density providing the seeker of union with a greater intensity of light.

Upon the completion of the cycle of incarnations in any density an entity is given the opportunity to, shall we say, grade itself by being bathed in the light of the one Creator until it is no longer able to withstand or utilize the increasing intensity of light. This light has degrees shall we say, of vibration. When the entity can no longer withstand or use the light, then it stops at that point and that point falls where it may. Wherever it falls it is then the entity’s choice, by its own ability to use the light, to continue its study in the appropriate illusion which matches the intensity of light which has been utilized.

Few there are upon your planet at this time who can withstand the intensity of the light of the fourth density. For this light is what might be called a quantum leap beyond that which you now experience within your third density. If any entity were to experience it for but a moment and be able to withstand it, for that moment that entity would feel indeed that it had returned to its Source and would most likely be quite appreciative of that experience. For such seekers as your brother to desire to progress more rapidly than is possible, shall we say, realizing that all things are possible, is a commendable trait, but one which is not likely to be realized, for though your density provides an intense degree of catalyst and opportunity for traveling the spiritual path, to the best of our knowledge, it does not provide enough catalyst to build the polarity necessary to, shall we say, skip any density.
To the best of our knowledge, when this octave of densities is completed the individualized entities will find themselves at the level of the eighth density—one with the Source of this particular creation. But our teachers have not themselves found such union nor have their teachers told them of an end to such progressions.

We shall continue. For an entity to return to the Source does not mean the end to evolution. For an entity to desire to progress spiritually as rapidly as possible is quite commendable, but we would suggest that it is most necessary to learn to walk, shall we say, before one runs or flies or soars beyond the start. Yours is a density in which the child learns to crawl. Rejoice in the opportunities which are thusly presented to you.

Ra states somewhat of a passport to the next octave of experience here..
Ra Session 48 of the Law of One April 22, 1981
Quote:Questioner: Could you tell me how the various bodies, red through violet, are linked to the energy centers, red through violet? Are they linked in some way?

Ra: I am Ra. This shall be the last full query of this working.

As we have noted, each of the true color densities has the seven energy centers and each entity contains all this in potentiation. The activation, while in yellow-ray, of violet-ray intelligent infinity is a passport to the next octave of experience. There are adepts who have penetrated many, many of the energy centers and several of the true colors. This must be done with utmost care while in the physical body for as we noted when speaking of the dangers of linking red/orange/yellow circuitry with true color blue circuitry the potential for disarrangement of the mind/body/spirit complex is great. However, the entity who penetrates intelligent infinity is basically capable of walking the universe with unfettered tread.

Ra Session 28 of the Law of One February 22, 1981
Quote:28.14 Questioner: I am assuming that there are eight densities created when this major galaxy was created. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is basically correct. However, it is well to perceive that the eighth density functions also as the beginning density or first density, in its latter stages, of the next octave of densities.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthrea...5#pid13265 Outlined invocation of higher-self for the magician/adept to use in third density.

For the invocation of the higher-self it is used as a tool of the adept to develop his magical personality. The magical personality is the higher-self in space time. It is used if chosen by the adept which is the magician to do works in consciousness teach/heal/radiance of being etc in third density, it gains in experience because you have invoked it, and third density has heavy catalyst.
Ra Session 75 of the Law of One October 31, 1981
Quote:Questioner: How does the use of the magical ritual invoking the magical personality aid the mind/body/spirit complex totality? Could you expand on the answer that you gave in the last session with respect to that?

Ra: I am Ra. When the magical personality is properly and efficaciously invoked the self has invoked its Higher Self. Thus a bridge betwixt space/time and time/space is made and the sixth-density magical personality experiences directly the third-density catalyst for the duration of the working. It is most central to deliberately take off the magical personality after the working in order that the Higher Self resume its appropriate configuration as analog to the space/time mind/body/spirit.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The totality exists originally in seventh density since everything is simultaneous, time is not how we perceive it at all here on earth within our minds.
Ra Session 36 of the Law of One March 10, 1981
Quote:Questioner: In previous communications you have spoken of the mind/body/spirit complex totality. Would you please give us a definition of the mind/body/spirit complex totality?

Ra: I am Ra. There is a dimension in which time does not have sway. In this dimension, the mind/body/spirit in its eternal dance of the present may be seen in totality, and before the mind/body/spirit complex which then becomes a part of the social memory complex is willingly absorbed into the allness of the One Creator, the entity knows itself in its totality.

This mind/body/spirit complex totality functions as, shall we say, a resource for what you perhaps would call the Higher Self. The Higher Self, in turn, is a resource for examining the distillations of third-density experience and programming further experience. This is also true of densities four, five, and six with the mind/body/spirit complex totality coming into consciousness in the course of seventh density.

36.4 Questioner: Do I understand from this then that the Higher Self or Oversoul may break down into numerous units if the experience is required to what we would call simultaneously experience different types of catalysts and then oversee these experiences?

Ra: I am Ra. This is a statement we cannot say to be correct or incorrect due to the confusions of what you call time. True simultaneity is available only when all things are seen to be occurring at once. This overshadows the concept of which you speak. The concept of various parts of the being living experiences of varying natures simultaneously is not precisely accurate due to your understanding that this would indicate that this was occurring with true simultaneity. This is not the case.

The case is from universe to universe and parallel existences can then be programmed by the Higher Self, given the information available from the mind/body/spirit complex totality regarding the probability/possibility vortices at any crux.

Now about becoming the creator after seventh density I'm not sure about it but I've read it is when after you become the totality you turn your awareness away from your experiences and gaze at nothing, zero. By turning to be unaware or being aware of nothing you start to gain..... everything or spiritual mass.

Aaron The Aaron/Q’uo Dialogues, Session 19 September 25, 1993
Quote:While the human cannot ordinarily move beyond sixth-density thought (the consciousness of the Higher Self), your meditation can take you truly into the experience of seventh and even beginning eighth density, that borderline between the two where all concept is dissolved, where there is total dissolution of the body and the ego, where there is no longer any thought at all, just Pure Awareness, no consciousness.

I would like to briefly define my terms here so that when I use language, you fully grasp my meaning. Within consciousness there is still self-awareness, still some degree of personal thought and memory. Pure Awareness is quite different and moves beyond all consciousness. There is also a ground in between, where that which I call consciousness is still present but is not taken as “self” but known as tool of the incarnation.

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. The Higher Self is of a certain advancement within sixth-density going into the seventh. After the seventh has been well entered the mind/body/spirit complex becomes so totally a mind/body/spirit complex totality that it begins to gather spiritual mass and approach the octave density. Thus the looking backwards is finished at that point.

The very important part I think is to know that the unpotentiated unmanifest creator is so great that all of the creation by Love is the smallest tiny thing, all of the densities only the tiniest aspect of the infinite one, shadows because the largest part of the creator is unmanifest, unpotentiated.
Q'uo Special Meditation March 29, 2001
Quote:When the infinite Creator wished to know Itself, Its great heart beat out the next creation with all of its densities and sub-densities and all of the patterns of those densities and creations. Time and space were invoked and that which before was immeasurable and unknowable became a series of illusions that, paradoxically, were to some degree knowable, and these shadows of knowing were much desired by the Creator. And each of these sparks and shadows became agents of the one infinite Creator, thoughts in and of themselves, thoughts rounded and centered in the one great original Thought which is Love. And so each of you is a Logos, stepped down and stepped down until you are able to experience the very illusion you now experience. And each of you has come through many experiences and many densities to this particular time, at this particular place, each balanced exquisitely in the present moment.

I don't quite understand but I think since we're supposed to seek and gradually unlock or return to the being we actually were, moving through the densities till we finally fully know ourselves in the seventh.
Quote:The mind/body/spirit complex totality is as the shifting sands and is in some part a collection of parallel developments of the same entity. This information is made available to the Higher Self aspect. This aspect may then use these projected probability/possibility vortices in order to better aid in what you would call future life programming.

We just are not that aware of the nature of the higher densities because the worded concepts are so distorted. But perhaps we can perceive somewhat the source.
Q'uo Special Meditation April 4, 1998
Quote:Your query this evening concerns distortion, the distortion seen in personality. And in order to discuss this we must move back to examine that concept of distortion. This is the way that we use the word distortion. To our way of thinking, all that there is in the manifested world is distortion. The lack of distortion, when absolute, describes intelligent infinity, the Creator Itself, in Its unpotentiated state. The first distortion which approaches the unmanifest intelligent infinity is free will. This produces that manifestation of the Logos which is known to this instrument as intelligent energy

An excerpt on the structure.
Q'uo Sunday Meditation January 26, 2003
Quote:You ask this day concerning the nature of free will and the nature of choice, and, as often is the case in such queries, we find it is well to step back from that question and create some platform from which to observe the context of that question. The structure of the universe that is your house is created hierarchically; that is, from that which is above to that which is below or from that which is inner to that which is outer. In this hierarchy of creation, the unpotentiated Creator is that which rests in infinity and eternity.

The first distortion to this one infinite Creator is that distortion called free will. The distortion called free will creates that distortion which is called the Logos, that principle from which the creation is brought forth, that Thought whose power to create and to destroy is absolute.

From this second distortion of unity in its unpotentiated form develops all of the nested series of illusions which you enjoy within your creation. Such is the structure of the house of the one infinite Creator.
(04-14-2010, 11:22 AM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:M:...

thefool, in post #4, I assume you are quoting Maharaj?
(04-13-2010, 05:06 PM)thefool Wrote: [ -> ]I remember, he comes from the Ramana Maharishi school of thought. And we have a resident expert on Ramana Maharishi. GLB do you know who I might be talking about Smile ?? hint hint !!!

Maybe the one who I am talking about can compare and contrast Law of One with 'Who Am I' ? Much appreciated BigSmile

Great question for (and challenge to) my slumping, sagging, weary brain, thefool!

What I have read of Ramana Maharshi leads me to believe that his enlightenment was genuine. (As if I know what enlightenment is!) He knew and had become unity, dissolving that fictitious twist of perception known as the ego or separate self into an ocean of indivisible, boundless oneness. From there he spoke without wavering in the slightest.

His method of self-inquiry is in perfect congruency with the Law of One, though he spends virtually no time on cosmology, philosophy, or other metaphysical speculation. To each and every question he was asked by the many seekers who came to him, his response was almost uniformly same: Who wants to know?

He assured others they needed only to find the self. In so doing, they would find that there was only self and nothing else. Though he didn't say the words, he would have corroborated the statement, "All is One".

One of my favorite lines of his comes when he says that even illusion is illusory. From his perspective, there is no ignorance, there is no doubt, there is no imprisonment, there is no separation, there is no illusion. These are what amount to "ideas" that we spin into an identity. He says that we are the self that we seek, right here and right now, fully, 100%. Like a lady who goes around looking for a necklace already around her neck, we seek the truth we already possess. He sums it up this way: "There is no greater mystery than this: ourselves being the Reality, we seek to gain Reality."

And goes on to provide a method of regaining the self, which he would not call "regaining" (because it was never lost in the first place) but losing the non-self, or ego. As he puts it, we need only to get rid of this individual "I", that phantom of reality which has no actual substance, and we will be the single, only truth, namely, who we already are.

I find his teaching perfectly compatible and congruent with the Law of One. Indeed, both forms of thought mutually strengthen and affirm each other.

Ramana though is much more focused. If Ra responded to Don the way that Ramana did to those who approached him, the Law of One would have been a lot shorter and a lot less interesting. To Don's many excellent and penetrating questions, Ra would have said, "Who wants to know? Find out who is asking and then see if there are any questions."

The Law of One communicates the same quintessential truth of unity, but given the nature and method of questioning, that essential, core truth is somewhat obscured, not so much by irrelevant, discardable rubble, but rather among the many sparkling and wondrous multi-faceted gems of thought. It is not as easy to develop the desire and energy for one-pointedness and the end to multiplicity while reading the Law of One as it is while reading Ramana Maharshi. At least in my experience.

Longer than I wanted this to be but shorter than i could have been! I wrote a paper on Maharshi, drawing both from his work and the Law of One, that i am someday going to post to my dusty blog on Bring4th.

Great quotes and thoughts in this thread!

Love/Light,
GLB