Bring4th

Full Version: Things in Dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is everything in a dream created by us?

I've seen some others in dreams doing some really REALLY nice artwork, cute cartoon characters.
And I wonder if I truly invented that.

Am I that talented to dream new cute characters into being, even if someone "else" drew them?
I do think in a dream there can be things you project and things which are external to you.

In another sense, the whole of reality can be considered as something you project as the OIC.
In my own experience, I believe it's possible to tap into something outside my normal space/time capabilities.

A few months ago I was resting, just watching the inside of my eyelids. This small like picture frame appeared and started showing very detailed and realistic heads of different people.
And the picture would change in less than a second to another perfect face.
It flowed constantly. One morphing into the next very rapidly. It was probably closer to three per second.
The variety and detail I do not believe I was creating myself.
Since discovering this, I've started using it as a kind of excercise.
I've been able to guide it into showing me a variety of things. My first step away from normal people heads was towards more exotic heads. It can get quite Lovecraftian. Kinda' scarey. haha Catch and release. :p

The last time I did it I guided it into fantastic landscapes from other worlds. Beautiful stuff.
And all at the same almost breathtaking speed and detail.

So, yeah. I give myself a lot of credit for a lot of things, but this seems just a bit more than I'm doing by myself.
ETA: I know this isn't directly dream related but I think it's the exact same phenomenon.
Your dreams are closer to your subconscious, which is closer to the collective unconscious, which is closer to the thoughts of the Creator. The Creator that is yourself.
I'm just a fantastic artist/game programmer/simulation master as a dreamer. Even if it appears to come from "outside" of myself.
I've had lucid dreams where I was just walking through stores, looking at thousands of individual items of clothing hanging on hangers, and thinking "wow, my brain is just randomly making all this up."
My perspective on this directly relates to how I believe physical reality manifests. You have a certain bias towards the lessons you are learning, but you (as a 3D consciousness) are not directly controlling your environment (or at least most don't do this). The higher version of you is manifesting your immediate surroundings (catalyst) like a computer renders a video game. That higher self may be a part of You, but it is still a discrete enity (again, unless you have advanced a great deal through adepthood).

It is the same for the dream environment which I'm guessing is largely rendered by the higher portion of you. The only difference is you have much quicker and more powerful control over the environment. You are still receiving repeating, undigested catalyst from your higher self.
(06-13-2015, 09:44 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is everything in a dream created by us?

I've seen some others in dreams doing some really REALLY nice artwork, cute cartoon characters.
And I wonder if I truly invented that.

Am I that talented to dream new cute characters into being, even if someone "else" drew them?

It depends what level of the consciousness continuum you are tapping into.  If it is purely lower astral, which is where most people dream at night, it is mostly purely absorbed into self, since the lower astral is predominately orange ray.  But as you drift upward on the consciousness continuum you begin to reach the borders of the lower astral and middle astral, which is yellow ray, a societal ray.  There you will begin to contact other beings.

But in general, it is natural to tap into universal inspiration in the sleep state.  The pathways to new thoughts and ideas is much opened in this state of consciousness, when the critical part of the mind takes a brief vacation from resisting all energies that don't conform to its narrow conceptions of what "reality" is.
Boy, I was hoping that I actually created those artworks in my dream. But tapping into society complex sounds fascinating too.
I see all kinds of futuristic things in my dreams. It's not even necessarily just technology, but simply the way streets look. In my last dream, the border of a city was walled off and the wall was composed of these shirts for sale. It was a display of the shirts of different bands, the kind you see in Hot Topics or even Wal-Mart. But these shirts had cheesy band names or else old, irrelevant albums from different bands (the shirts had the band name and the album name). It was quite strange.
My dreams have not been fun the last two nights. I guess I created that too.