Bring4th

Full Version: The Meaning of Squares: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 16, 18, 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:91.21 Questioner: The square cage may represent the material illusion, an unmagical shape. Would Ra comment?
Ra: I am Ra. The square, wherever seen, is the symbol of the third-density illusion and may be seen either as unmagical or, in the proper configuration, as having been manifested within; that is, the material world given life.

Archetypes: 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 16, 18, and 20 definitely have a square in them, incorporating the aspect of the Square Meaning.
Archetypes 2, 8, 10 may have small rectangular squares to be considered, but this may be overlooking into the cards.

For Direct Reference:
1: The Magician[Image: tarot01.jpg]3: The Empress[Image: tarot03.jpg]4: The Emperor[Image: tarot04.jpg]
5: The Hierophant[Image: tarot05.jpg]7: The Chariot[Image: tarot07.jpg]11: Strength[Image: tarot11.jpg]
12: The Hanged Man[Image: tarot12.jpg]16: The Tower[Image: tarot16.jpg]18: The Moon[Image: tarot18.jpg]
20: Faith/Judgment[Image: tarot20.jpg]

And Potentially present in:
2: (is present but well hidden) The High Priestess http://www.thirddensity.com/tarot/300/tarot02.jpg
8: Balance/Justice http://www.thirddensity.com/tarot/300/tarot08.jpg
10: The Wheel of Fortune http://www.thirddensity.com/tarot/300/tarot10.jpg

Starting:
Notice how Archetype 2, the High Priestess has an incomplete but nearly formed square by the pillars similar to Archetype 12, the Hanged Man.  I think this may have some significance similar and related to but separate the Meaning of a Square, and may inform us of a Square being needed.  Otherwise, it is worth noting that the High Priestess is sitting upon a throne made of squares as well.

Moving forward.  I'm asking any and all informed in the Archetypical Mind to come forth and provide linking commentary on the presence of the Square in the Archetype and how it may apply.

I will provide full commentary once I've actually typed it all up, otherwise for right now since I'm a bit pressed for time I'll provide a general idea for where the square is and what it might mean.

The Magician: Fairly obvious placement.  May denote infusing the physical illusion with polarity (checkers), wisdom (black outline), and infers that use of the will infuses matter with the spiritual properties available freeing the spirit to begin its journey (awakening?  Using the Orb like a Key to Free the Spirit that feels Trapped in the Physical Illusion ((despite it not literally being trapped, its perception?)) )

The High Priestess: Not obvious, hidden behind the female and her veil as the throne/seat she sits on.  May signify that the unconscious actually sits atop the physical illusion in a metaphorical sense.   The incomplete nature of the pillars signify polarity is detached from the unconscious, it provides rather than leads, and is a resource rather than a state of being.  Polarity is available to be looked upon by the Unconscious resources, but it is not forced by the physical illusion's polarity, rather it responds.

The Empress: Sits atop to the left of a square with the all-seeing eye upon it 5 times (5 elements that make up the physical illusion?) with a right-bottom to left-top pattern going through it (unsure as to why).  It may signify how catalyst rules the illusion in all ways and how polarity is intertwined, since a polarity pattern of white/black is lining the edges of the box.  It may also signify that noticing Catalyst is a way to infuse the illusion with the spirit as well if it is not only noticed, but responded to in a positive or negative fashion. Noticing and ignoring does not the same.  The platform or footstand off to the left that is also polarity imbued (right dark, left white) may also make mention as to how the feminine aspect is seated within the illusion, but utilized above and outside of it.  The Phrase 'Think outside of the Box' comes to mind as synchronistic.

The Emperor: Sits atop a square with a cat inside the right side of it.  Has a similar look and feel, the black outline of the box infers wisdom is needed to properly experience, and seems to hint that dark times sit on the edges to all bright things (or there's a Silver Lining but, but it's dark and the rest is the silver) similarly to Archetype One.  The emphasis may be the same.  The male principle sits atop the physical illusion but using the Will, imbues it as did the Empress and Magician.  In so doing the principle is infused, or the magical properties become known through the physical illusion.  Perhaps the cat signifies a cultural aspect, but it's typical attributes may be helpful overall here.
Quote:94.12 Questioner: It seems to me that the Experience of the Mind would act in such a way as to change the nature of the veil so that catalyst would be filtered so as to be more acceptable in the bias that is increasingly chosen by the entity. For instance, if the entity had chosen the right-hand path the Experience of the Mind would change the permeability of the veil to accept more and more positive catalyst, and also the other would be true for accepting more negative if the left-hand path were the one that was repeatedly chosen. Is this correct?
Ra: I am Ra. This is not only correct but there is a further ramification. As the entity increases in experience it shall, more and more, choose positive interpretations of catalyst if it is upon the service-to-others path and negative interpretations of catalyst if its experience has been along the service-to-self path.
Would you not call this infusing the physical illusion with the magic of perspective?

Quote:94.16 Questioner: Experience is seated on the square of the material illusion which is colored much darker than in Card Number Three. However, there is a cat inside this. I am guessing that as experience is gained the second-density nature of the illusion is understood and the negative and positive aspects are separated. Would Ra comment on this?
Ra: I am Ra. This interpretation varies markedly from Ra’s intention. We direct the attention to the cultural meaning of the great cat which guards. What, O student, does it guard? And with what oriflamme does it lighten that darkness of manifestation? The polarities are, indeed, present; the separation nonexistent except through the sifting which is the result of cumulative experience. Other impressions were intended by this configuration of the seated image with its milk-white leg and its pointed foot.
Is the Cat then perhaps a symbol that there is protection for those who work the STO path?  And is the Wisdom or Judgement denoted by the dark edges reconciled by the guarded enlightening of the feline?  Does the Cat signify that the Adept upon the STO path in working towards Experience, acquire mental or perspective forms of defense?

The Hierophant: The Hierophant finds it's self inside of the physical illusion, infused and empowered, but the Will is no longer present.  The Choice is needed here, not so much Will.

The Chariot: Self explanatory thankfully, the Chariot itself is the square.  The Adept being trasnformed and aware may now roam the illusion as though one were atop a noble chariot.  Being inside of the physical illusion, the Adept experiences it as one experiences a dream that they explore and learn about.  The chariot being the metaphor for travel, the travel being the Living Moment to Moment As Is. (Maybe...?)

Strength: Formed by the abnormal top border (not present in other cards with similar amounts of open top space, Archetype 4 as an example.) which creates a square within a majority of the card similar to the Hierophant and Chariot.  Signifies that within the physical illusion, one must befriend their power before they can Willfully use it.  The feminine clasping shut the Lion, where the Lion has the power to kill, it submits to the feminine instead. A feminine intuitive approach of one's Self's Power being infused into the self within the physical illusion may be what's exemplified?

The Hanged Man: Formed by the towers and post hung from.  There is a huge explanation here, but simplified.  The masculine principle, willfully finding separation that is not solitude but isolation (hanging from one limb) does not know itself is inside the physical illusion for their perspective is upside down, and they believe the illusion to be real, and the outside to be illusion.  It denotes one's confusion within the physical illusion.  It may even signify both the seemingly unmagical aspects of reality from the hanged perspective, and the clearly infused and imbued aspect of the spirit within the physical illusion both when hung and unaware or hung and aware.  It's present with or without our awareness.

The Tower: (Please help me out here) Found inside the pyramid, I see the Tower inside the Pyramid as an indication of the Societal Aspect of the physical illusion having structure and being clearly defined despite the power and turmoil all around, the inside is relatively unaware but the whole scene is.  Society is detached but attached, its structure, not the people that make it up.  As such the physical illusion is 'ruled' or powered or empowered by that spiritual 'power' that is the Lightning and the change it can bring to the whole Structure (of Society) (that being how it destroys the tower which holds within it the Societal Structure, society is detached but present but also attached.)

The Moon: Uncertain if it is simply linking this Archetype to the Tower, or if there is also significant meaning to this same image being present in this Archetype.  I think it is both but don't have much to offer right now.  Will add more later if I think of anything.

Faith/Judgement: (Off topic note: I find it interesting that the Egyptians knew how to draw Perspective (the box), but not Bodily Anatomy) The Sarcophagus can be seen to be the physical illusion, as we rise from it above it by the calling of our Spirit, we transform.  I'm sure there is much more depth but I'm running out of time!  Will add more if I think of anything.  It's interesting to note the polarity is provided at the bottom in a mirror perspective unlike the rest of the images, and may imply the rising from right to left is actually left to right, emphasizing that both views are valid polarity wise.

And Potentially...
Justice/Balance: The whole picture sits upon a square platform, which may indicate that Balance is constantly active above or 'over the top' of the physical illusion, or perhaps happen upon the Physical Illusion because it is required due to a perceived imbalance.  Or basically, potentially, the bottom square platforms holding the whole scene may denote that everything is happening on top of the physical illusion because to be actually in it implies 'true' imbalances which are impossible.  Or basically, we experience physical reality, but it is not real.  We work on top of it and inside of it and outside of it, but it is the unmagical manifest illusion that we work to transform with balance.

The Wheel of Fortune: The nature of this card is complicated and I'm out of time, so I'll leave my most general thought to, the Griffin which symbolizes something just as with the Balance Archetype just above stands atop the physical illusion via the square platform it finds itself upon, which is also linked and held to the Wheel's rotating.  The Illusion is not outside of the Wheel of Fortune.

Ending:
All thoughts and help are appreciated.  Plenum told me that some people edit out their OP's, I'll be providing an EDIT list to showcase what additions to the post I've added to aid in clarity and discussion.  I don't think I'll add posts into the OP, but instead just add new 'personal' thoughts of my own into the OP as I go.

EDIT LIST:
Pre-Edit: Can we remove the 10 image limit?  Or at least raise it to 15? Haha.  I can't provide the images as I desired to do so.
First Edit: Underlined 'Judgement' in the explanation list under 'Starting:'.
Second Edit: Renamed Judgement to Faith/Judgment for clarity purposes.
Does Judgement mean we are judged (even if by ourselves)?
Judgment is a misnomer.  I'd call it Faith if you refer to Archetype 20.  Though my tarot deck refers to it as Judgment, you may be better off calling The Hermit or Archetype 9 Judgment/Wisdom and Archetype 20 Faith.  I'll go make that edit right now!!

For the Hermit (9) must learn wisdom through paying attention to the body's natural judgments, and then from those judgments discover the wisdom inherent within.

But the actual manner of judgment does not mean we are judged.  It's fair to say we judge ourselves, but from a Spiritual Perspective, judgment is less about what we did and did not do that was 'right' or 'wrong' and more how we are transformed by our faith in our judgment.  Do we trust our judgment, do we not trust it?  Do we trust ourselves and our belief in ourselves?

Judgment, release that negative connotation of being judged, view it as, (My) Judgment.  It is the Transformation of Spirit.  See it as how you are transformed when you hold Belief and Faith in your self and your Being.
Excellent review of the archetypes. I know so little of them.
I study them passively, would do it more actively if I wasn't a sit-down-and-study type.  I've working on them right now as I learned the Chakra System, learn each at my own pace, make connections as I go.  It's closer to a web of Being than a ladder or grid.

I wish I had the time to host an Archetype Study Group or something, I know so little about them too.  I peruse the Tarot Sub-categories on the lawofone.info site for my understandings and they do not fulfill me as much as the rest of the Material does.  The Archetype's were a major help to me in performing my Work in Consciousness.  That it all made sense to me the first time around was helpful to me as well.  It made me realize, if I can understand this, maybe I can translate it into 'Human Terms' haha