Bring4th

Full Version: Sobriety and Ascension
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Loving Greetings,

I have been in recovery from various addictions at different parts of my life, and as a genetically predisposed and highly sensitive person, this is not surprising. Six years ago I finally became completely clean and sober from alcohol, and I have been struggling to let go of a marijuana addiction that I relapsed back into about three years ago after experiencing some physical health issues and a major life changing event I was caught off guard by.

Let me put out there right away that I do not personally believe one must be completely clean and sober in order to ascend or to be a wonderful person. I've just never managed to be one who was able to use my mood altering substances of choice in moderation, after trying everything out there in order to do so. I have found for me abstinence combined with a spiritual practice rooted in the Law of One to be the best path for me. However I am feeling the urge to reach out here this time for support more, than a 12 step meeting.

Don't get me wrong, I am grateful for the 12 steps for providing me with a good foundation to get me on the road to recovery (nor do I believe it is the only way to become sober), but this time I know I need a lot more spiritual support than I have sought in the past. I think this is in part due to the fact my motivation to become completely sober this time round is more directly related to preparing myself for the next phase of the ascension and the work I am here to do. This is not subject matter I would feel comfortable freely discussing at my local 12 step meeting.

Are there any other wanderers here that can relate?

I viewed marijuana as such a positive and spiritual plant for such a long time that it took awhile for me to accept it was actually limiting my spiritual growth. I think it does have many beneficial qualities for certain people, especially those who can use it as prescribed medically or infrequently for recreation or a special occasion. I however very quickly become a daily user, instead of relying on my inner resources to heal and to progress. It feels as though it has only served to keep me stuck as it were... Living in a high fog. 

Another more recent development is that for the first time I have felt that it's use may have opened me up to negative entities. In the past I never felt this while under the influence of marijuana... However perhaps maybe I was but was too naive to realize this.

As of today I am embarking on becoming completely sober again, and releasing my addiction to marijuana. Of course I know there are other draining additions that are unrelated to drugs and alcohol, so I am seeking to let go of all addictions I have that do not serve my highest divine good (sugar, drugs, alcohol, fear, worry, the ego).

I am hoping anyone else going through similar experiences may like to share here with me about this topic, as well as providing one another with love, compassion and support.

Namaste,

Joy
Maybe the dissociation with Marijuana being addictive would be a good start?
I have not much experience of the sort. Maybe facing your need fully through meditition to find the root would be most helpful.

My good friend said this : "Drugs are teachers that give you exactly what you seek in them." (can be conscious/unconscious)

My sister has cocaine/alcohol addiction and is under heavy psychic attacks from negative entities that toy with her all the time and I'm having a hard time to figure out how to help her. She doesn't want to meditate because she is flooded with thoughts... when the first step of meditation is to overcome exactly that... Anyway.. work in progress of learning how to teach efficiently.

She has heavy ressentment toward our mother because she can't understand her. Apparently telling her that her soul is already over 4 billion years old whereas our mother is native from this planet and very young did not help.
To go back to the OP, I've got a lot of different kinds of fasting to do too. Marijuana, cigarettes, unhealthy foods, etc. I'm not actually addicted to any, I do enjoy them..

One of my goal in life is to be able to smoke cigarettes while healing my body so there's no negative effect.
I would highly suggest that you drop one vice at a time. Take the break from cannabis and allow it to leave your system for a good month before attempting to drop sugar, fear, worry, etc. That way your body and mind can adjust as you're gonna have a hard time sleeping for a while. I would suggest a natural sleep aid like a combo of Melatonin, valerian root, and chamomile.

Once your good after a month, drop sugar because you'll need this energy during your first month.

After you drop the sugar and your energy level comes back, start working upon the worry and fears that you have.

During this entire time meditate and develop a personal mantra. Something that allows your mind, body and spirit to connect with the having. Something like heal the Mind, heal the body, heal the spirit. All the while concentrating upon healing yourself. You have all the power you need to heal yourself so remember that and have faith in yourself Smile
Sugar makes you tired. Thats easy enough to stay clear of. Who wants to be lethargic and drained?

As for marijuana - If i want to keep my use in moderation I always remind myself that I can get much 'higher' on my own love. I can literally feel my vibration of love surpassing the high every time - unless I use too frequently my love becomes dampened or bored.

Instead of always reminding yourself of the negative consequences which you will surely feel guilty of if you break your sobriety, try making a positive affirmation to release your thought attachment to the drug:

In sobriety I seek; In seeking I find love; In loving I can love love; I can rise above and feel great

What energy is it you are actually seeking when you use?
(06-15-2015, 01:09 PM)tamaryn Wrote: [ -> ]Who wants to be lethargic and drained?

I did for most of my incarnation and I did enjoy it all lol
Addictions are rooted in a lack of self worth. An external attempt to complete, or fill, something 'missing'.

How do you feel when you gaze at yourself in the mirror?

Are you able to love yourself unconditionally?
Hi Joy!

(06-15-2015, 11:30 AM)piceanjoy Wrote: [ -> ]I viewed marijuana as such a positive and spiritual plant for such a long time that it took awhile for me to accept it was actually limiting my spiritual growth. I think it does have many beneficial qualities for certain people, especially those who can use it as prescribed medically or infrequently for recreation or a special occasion. I however very quickly become a daily user, instead of relying on my inner resources to heal and to progress. It feels as though it has only served to keep me stuck as it were... Living in a high fog. 

I can definitely relate to what you've posted here. After 10+ years of smoking marijuana on and off (Mostly on). I find that while I no longer feel that it has much to offer me and that it is in fact limiting my spiritual seeking (I find I can't remember my dreams or meditate effectively if I've been smoking) I still find myself buying and smoking it regularly out of habit.

I go through periods where I don't smoke and I feel clear and full of light and I get more involved in my spiritual practice, with daily meditation replacing my daily smoke, but it can be hard to transform a habit and I somehow always find my way back to marijuana.

I do recognize some of the factors that contribute to my dependency. There is the stimulation of dopamine production which gives one a sense of well-being and excitement and there is also the disassociative effects of the drug, which can offer an escape from ordinary consciousness. The problem with chasing that dopamine high is that as you smoke more you get diminishing returns until you are basically just smoking to meet your baseline mood level, and then when you stop your mood plummets and there is a very real period of withdrawal where you feel just miserable.

This points out a couple of personal imbalances I have yet to work on, namely a difficulty in producing feelings of joy and excitement on my own and a tendency towards avoidance as a coping mechanism for stress or disappointment. Sometimes I also just find it difficult to face my own light, to face the responsibility of being 'me' and so I use marijuana as an escape, a way of casting shadows over the sun.

This is a catalyst I find myself facing these days. While I know logically that I would likely be better off without it, I still really enjoy marijuana and have a hard time imagining a life where I never smoke it again.
(06-15-2015, 02:31 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Joy!

(06-15-2015, 11:30 AM)piceanjoy Wrote: [ -> ]I viewed marijuana as such a positive and spiritual plant for such a long time that it took awhile for me to accept it was actually limiting my spiritual growth. I think it does have many beneficial qualities for certain people, especially those who can use it as prescribed medically or infrequently for recreation or a special occasion. I however very quickly become a daily user, instead of relying on my inner resources to heal and to progress. It feels as though it has only served to keep me stuck as it were... Living in a high fog. 

I can definitely relate to what you've posted here. After 10+ years of smoking marijuana on and off (Mostly on). I find that while I no longer feel that it has much to offer me and that it is in fact limiting my spiritual seeking (I find I can't remember my dreams or meditate effectively if I've been smoking) I still find myself buying and smoking it regularly out of habit.

I go through periods where I don't smoke and I feel clear and full of light and I get more involved in my spiritual practice, with daily meditation replacing my daily smoke, but it can be hard to transform a habit and I somehow always find my way back to marijuana.

I do recognize some of the factors that contribute to my dependency. There is the stimulation of dopamine production which gives one a sense of well-being and excitement and there is also the disassociative effects of the drug, which can offer an escape from ordinary consciousness. The problem with chasing that dopamine high is that as you smoke more you get diminishing returns until you are basically just smoking to meet your baseline mood level, and then when you stop your mood plummets and there is a very real period of withdrawal where you feel just miserable.

This points out a couple of personal imbalances I have yet to work on, namely a difficulty in producing feelings of joy and excitement on my own and a tendency towards avoidance as a coping mechanism for stress or disappointment. Sometimes I also just find it difficult to face my own light, to face the responsibility of being 'me' and so I use marijuana as an escape, a way of casting shadows over the sun.

This is a catalyst I find myself facing these days. While I know logically that I would likely be better off without it, I still really enjoy marijuana and have a hard time imagining a life where I never smoke it again.

Spaced,

You summarized where I am at here to the letter.

Intellectualy I know exactly how to care for myself naturally and holistically these days (I am a former holistic health coach, personal trainer, and I am currently a stay at home mom and an intuitive), yet this addiction feels like something I have to dig much deeper with, and apply a lot more compassion and self discipline with than I have in overcoming other lifestyle changes/issues. 

I do have some self acceptance issues I continue to work on as well. But for me the brain chemistry imbalance (along with my process of recovering from adrenal fatigue and other hormonal issues) feels to be the most daunting. Granted, when I practice a very simple and gentle spiritual practice it does help get through this significantly.

I feel pretty confident that if I take everything one day at a time, place my focus on the Law of One principles and being loving and kind to myself and others, eventually my desire for such things will dissolve. Talking about this definitely aids on the recovery process greatly as well.

I'm ready to get off the hamster wheel.

Thank you all!

Namaste,

Joy

Zachary

Hey there,

I am 1 month out of smoking weed every day, multiple times daily (high all day) for over a year. From morning till night being high for over a year...I even got into growing it which made it seem more difficult to quit since money wasn't an issue anymore. For the last 3 months of me using it I knew what I had to do. I knew it wasn't ideal from the start...but I used it as a way of coping with my mental health challenges. It was a way of putting a blanket over my emotions to experience a more consistent even keeled emotional state...of course it was illusory since I needed weed to feel that way.

I think for any regular drug/alcohol user its wise to ask the question...why do I keep coming back? What am I taking with me from the experience? Why the need to CONTINUOUSLY alter my state of mind through drugs/alcohol?

Aside from people with life threatening illnesses or people who experience insane amounts of physical pain and use weed instead of painkillers, I think that the only benefit it has spiritually (my personal beleif) is to take what you have learned from using it and apply the positive aspects to sober life; as apposed to continously returning to the drug under the guise of it being spiritual beneficial. In my experience when you stop using marijuana, your back at square one.

When I first quit it was difficult...very difficult. The worse elements of my mental health issues came to light (I choose not to take medication)...also mental health issues aside...things I had been flat out ignoring in my life- I was faced with...and still am faced with. Instead of feeling the discomfort and having that lead me to a proper solution I would just smoke and the discomfort would be lifted...but it didn't take me anywhere. It got to the point where I felt "soul pain" from being under its influence so long. How unfortunate it was for my higher being to be limited to a mind altering substance for so long...it began to hurt my heart.

I don't have any temptation to use it now since I took it to such an extreme...theres nothing more for me to gain from it except an escape...and I don't want to escape anymore...I would rather feel the pain...it actually feels quite good in contrast to being in a more numbing emotional state. Not that I didn't feel emotions on weed, but if I was in a bad mood...I would forget I was in a bad mood shortly after (lol). Most of the sadness came from just an over-all feeling of not being in my natural state and knowing it wasn't right to continue, but continuing anyway due to fear of facing myself and my emotions. I think I am still working my way out of the hole I dug through the mental patterns I created while under its influence. When I first awakened, before all this happened...I was a light user. I began long meditation sessions and was easily able to open my heart to such a degree where the "good and bad" contrast of life fell away. I found that while in this state of being marijuana definitely lowered my vibration..so for this time, I stopped using it. How I stepped back into darkness is another story. I am finding it much more difficult these days to open my heart to the level I had once experienced 4 years ago.

All in all I commend you for what your doing...I am happy to help in anyway I can. I think if theres one thing that motivates me most about stopping its usage...its that I am now ready to continue my spiritual growth sober and without excuse. When there is pain...I face the pain...its not comfortable but I face it to learn from it and move beyond it. I highly recommend daily meditation. Expect a lot of discomfort and resistance...I am still experiencing much myself....I will get through it...I have faith you will too.
Zachary,

Thank you so much. That means a lot. It's not an easy road always, but so worth it over the long haul. ❤️
I can really relate to all that you're saying, PJ.

I pretty much started to smoke marijuana in my teens. And since I didn't have much money, I didn't smoke it all the time. But even still, I was very much addicted to it. I can also relate to the negative entities bit because, slowly but surely, negative people, as well as bad things, started to inhabit and take place in my life. I started to make bad decisions and then, all of a sudden, I became friends with a fairly large group of people, through one person, that ended up making my life hell and is why I'm in the state that I'm in right now.

I ended up having one really negative "friend" in my life that treated me like crap. I took an enormous amount of acid, and that led me to have a schizophrenic break.

I think that those who use and are not easily addicted probably have some sort of shield around them that blocks the harmful effects of things like that.

I also had the same experience as Spaced. When I would try to meditate, or even read a spiritual book, I would find it hard to concentrate on the matter at hand. I think that it's possible that the substance provides all of the experiences that meditation would have provided (and more), and so your "spirit" feels that something like meditation is kind of redundant.

But anyway, here's what helped me. Eventually, because of all the trouble that I was getting into, my mom and I were forced to move. I moved to a different city in the same general location. But since I didn't really know anyone in the new place, I didn't have any connections to supply me. I remember even being so desperate for weed that I asked a stranger off the street if he knew where I could find some. Lol. I remember being really desperate for marijuana at that time. Eventually, I smoked some with a way older friend than that group of friends that I talked about. And even though the thought of marijuana at that time even made me emotional, I realized that I was no longer addicted to it. From then on, I would just smoke about once or twice a year at the most. And then, eventually, I quit altogether since I would get really bad sinus infections, like I and somebody else mentioned on another thread, when I would smoke. So, I wasn't really doing it out of habit, just out of tradition.

But my main advice is to get away from people that you know who could supply you with it. It might be hard, but that might be the best thing to do if at all possible.

I can only tell you what worked for me. Maybe you tried something like that and it didn't work out for you. I have no idea.

All the best!
I for one am addicted to alcohol, though not an alcoholic. If I run out I can go a few days before buying more.

I've gotten a taste for Malibu coconut rum. It goes great with coke-a-cola. But it's pretty sweet too.

But the most I've taken off is 2 days in a row for the last 6 months. Back then I could go weeks without it.

I don't know how it affects ascension. I've thought more about dying than ascending.
(06-15-2015, 05:32 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I for one am addicted to alcohol, though not an alcoholic. If I run out I can go a few days before buying more.

I've gotten a taste for Malibu coconut rum. It goes great with coke-a-cola. But it's pretty sweet too.

But the most I've taken off is 2 days in a row for the last 6 months. Back then I could go weeks without it.

I don't know how it affects ascension. I've thought more about dying than ascending.
Indigo Gemini Wolf,

My story with alcohol was progressive before I finally sought support to quit through am outpatient program. It wasn't until my early thirties that drinking daily became a norm, and eventually more black outs, etc.
Unlike marijuana, alcohol caused me more obvious negative consequences to my being and relationships so it brought me to my knees faster. It felt life or death by the time I sought help.

When I relapsed with pot, I thought it was the lesser of evils so to speak, and that since I had completely changed my lifestyle after rehab, I could get back on track easily, but it turned out to be my next catalyst. 

Thank you for sharing! I hope you find and feel the love and joy in this life that you inherently are.

Namaste,

Joy
(06-15-2015, 05:25 PM)Lighthead Wrote: [ -> ]I can really relate to all that you're saying, PJ.

I pretty much started to smoke marijuana in my teens. And since I didn't have much money, I didn't smoke it all the time. But even still, I was very much addicted to it. I can also relate to the negative entities bit because, slowly but surely, negative people, as well as bad things, started to inhabit and take place in my life. I started to make bad decisions and then, all of a sudden, I became friends with a fairly large group of people, through one person, that ended up making my life hell and is why I'm in the state that I'm in right now.

I ended up having one really negative "friend" in my life that treated me like crap. I took an enormous amount of acid, and that led me to have a schizophrenic break.

I think that those who use and are not easily addicted probably have some sort of shield around them that blocks the harmful effects of things like that.

I also had the same experience as Spaced. When I would try to meditate, or even read a spiritual book, I would find it hard to concentrate on the matter at hand. I think that it's possible that the substance provides all of the experiences that meditation would have provided (and more), and so your "spirit" feels that something like meditation is kind of redundant.

But anyway, here's what helped me. Eventually, because of all the trouble that I was getting into, my mom and I were forced to move. I moved to a different city in the same general location. But since I didn't really know anyone in the new place, I didn't have any connections to supply me. I remember even being so desperate for weed that I asked a stranger off the street if he knew where I could find some. Lol. I remember being really desperate for marijuana at that time. Eventually, I smoked some with a way older friend than that group of friends that I talked about. And even though the thought of marijuana at that time even made me emotional, I realized that I was no longer addicted to it. From then on, I would just smoke about once or twice a year at the most. And then, eventually, I quit altogether since I would get really bad sinus infections, like I and somebody else mentioned on another thread, when I would smoke. So, I wasn't really doing it out of habit, just out of tradition.

But my main advice is to get away from people that you know who could supply you with it. It might be hard, but that might be the best thing to do if at all possible.

I can only tell you what worked for me. Maybe you tried something like that and it didn't work out for you. I have no idea.

All the best!

Thank you so much Lighthead.

Marijuana became legal in my state since I finished outpatient rehab amost six years ago, for alcohol recovery. However fortunately, I had already constructed my life around sobriety several years before that occurred.  No one in my home drinks or uses anything, except for my mother who uses marijuana medically (no smoking in my house). She mostly uses tinctures and edibles anyway and is very discreet. 
So basically marijuana for me is as easy to avoid as alcohol. 

When I was younger I took or left marijuana a lot easier, especially in comparison to alcohol. However with the alcohol gone, I guess I underestimated the potential of becoming addicted to it, or I didn't want to believe it would be nearly as significant of a problem as it was for me to quit drinking, yet apparently I just ended up switching vices.

If I apply the principles and tools I first used to get sober the first time in tandem with meditation and my spiritual practice, I think I will be able to shake it's grasp once and for all. 

Again, thank so much for sharing. Reading all of the posts by everyone on this thread is a gift.

Namaste,

Joy
I never feel like I'm addicted to anything. I used to drink a lot and then stopped. I was buying 1oz of marijuana each 20 days or so and now I'm barely smoking for no apparent reason (didn't have the intent to smoke less), mostly smoke when I see people now.

I have more problem slacking cigarrettes but I never actually intended to either, it was becoming a bit too unhealthy so I reduced a bit though.

I bought 3oz of magic mushrooms and nearly ate it all with a friend within a month or so. Got like 12 grams left to use with other friends and might take a long time to get more. Anyway I feel like I've got the spiritual insights of the trips to distill.

I love drugs, but I never considered myself addicted to something.
I can't do any hallucinagenic anymore.
(06-15-2015, 06:34 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I can't do any hallucinagenic anymore.

Everyone has a different experiences, if you feel like you shouldn't do them then don't.
(06-15-2015, 11:30 AM)piceanjoy Wrote: [ -> ]Loving Greetings,

I have been in recovery from various addictions at different parts of my life, and as a genetically predisposed and highly sensitive person, this is not surprising.

Yes I developed a number of comfort blankets through my earlier life. Even literally I had an orange, nylon bed sheet when I was a boy and rubbing it between my finger and thumb would help send me to sleep. I was aged 24 before I let that sheet go and even then it was through loosing it accidentally! "Oh well" I figured, "time to move on"!

(06-15-2015, 11:30 AM)piceanjoy Wrote: [ -> ]I have found for me abstinence combined with a spiritual practice rooted in the Law of One to be the best path for me.

100% agree with you. I do occasionally deviate however with a bottle or 2 of red wine at the weekends. Alcohol never appealed to me though in an addictive sense so my only reasons for eliminating that habit is because of the mild depression the next day, as well as a compromised deep sleep. I am convinced I do work in my sleep that I am not consciously aware of, unless I drink, and it's like not turning up for arranged classes.

(06-15-2015, 11:30 AM)piceanjoy Wrote: [ -> ]Are there any other wanderers here that can relate?

I'm having trouble finding a part of your post that I cant relate too!

(06-15-2015, 11:30 AM)piceanjoy Wrote: [ -> ]I am hoping anyone else going through similar experiences may like to share here with me about this topic, as well as providing one another with love, compassion and support.

Facing my pot addiction was my biggest fear and in 2001 I successfully did so. I soon created a short statement for myself that expresses this abrupt awakening experience...

"To undergo true reform, and to truly be reborn, is the truest form of liberty".

Thank you for sharing piceanjoy and don't worry about relapsing! Just stand back up, dust yourself down and keep walking towards the light  Heart
Thank you so much Nicholas! <3
In terms of The Law of One and archetypes, I tend to feel that cannabis is a plant that emulates the feeling of making the choice; it is a plant that tunes you in to 'higher' frequencies while in 3D. Also common is a sense of well being and nourishment of the mind and body. Herein lies the pitfalls of dependency, that one is discouraged from finding these feeling for themselves in their natural state. And thus cannabis must be used in a respectful and responsible infrequent manner if one is to continue cultivating understanding,  joy and balance. Or just remaining totally abstinent.

The choice:

[Image: 1f56db907f87af219b104a5acb82fcc3.jpg]
(06-16-2015, 09:26 PM)tamaryn Wrote: [ -> ]In terms of The Law of One and archetypes, I tend to feel that cannabis is a plant that emulates the feeling of making the choice; it is a plant that tunes you in to 'higher' frequencies while in 3D. Also common is a sense of well being and nourishment of the mind and body. Herein lies the pitfalls of dependency, that one is discouraged from finding these feeling for themselves in their natural state. And thus cannabis must be used in a respectful and responsible infrequent manner if one is to continue cultivating understanding,  joy and balance. Or just remaining totally abstinent.

The choice:

[Image: 1f56db907f87af219b104a5acb82fcc3.jpg]

You make a good point. I see the choice manifested in everything here in 3D.
In unity consciousness I fail to see the reason why it is called an addiction. Then I could very well say you all eat food you are addicted to meat and veggies and I would say that those veggies scream in agony when they touch your stomach acids!!!

There is no santa claus.

With that said. isn't turning oneself away, going to make that addiction greater? the tibetan monks are like if you want to smoke a cigarette, go smoke ten, if you want to smoke weed, go smoke to your hearts content. then when you are finally bored of it, then you will be able to let go of it without any significant charge that will pull you right back in.

What we forget is our electrical nature within the illusion of a biological entity. I don't see anything inherently bad with these things even if done daily. What I see that is bad is doing it daily and not being aware of what you are doing, or what kinds of choices you are making. Who cares if you do it daily, who cares if you do it once a year, are you a butt when you do it? Then maybe you shouldn't do it.

Do you have a nasty habit of coming up to people and trying to pick their nose for them when you smoke? You might want to refrain from it if that is the case. Do you feel like munchies when you smoke? Perhaps making the food can be in the spirit of service to others, because you can invite your buddies over to have some of the food that you made.

Sometimes I think people are so rigid with what should and should not be. Ra is the only one who seems to be realistically very laid back and accepting, allowing others to explore the depths of their darkness until they are tired of it. like kids playing a game in the dark closet. They come out and they are still the same kids.

I once went into trance and tried to contact prime creator. he was very agreeable, very chill entity. didn't have much to say just agreed with almost everything. but not like yes yes yes lol
there is an all encompassing love.

in unity consciousness is it smart to say one is bad and one is good? i don't think it's good to enforce polarity or duality. we are here to learn the ways of love yes, but also the way of light, otherwise you wouldn't know how to type on this forum or post a message to this thread.

so ultimately we are working the Law of One, trying to find what it is that this balance of yin and yang is. good and bad is an illusion, is inhaling any worse or better than exhaling?

I don't think of the divine feminine as evil and the divine masculine as good. that would just be sexist. but i look at the divine feminine as the contractive quality, the inhalation, the divine masculine is the expansive quality, the exhalation.
Together they create a cycle by which there is circulation.

Together they are one system.

1.1 Questioner: It seems members of the Confederation have a specific purpose. Is this true with you, and if so, what is your purpose?
Ra: I am Ra. We communicate now. We, too, have our place. We are not those of the Love or of the Light. We are those who are of the Law of One. In our vibration the polarities are harmonized, the complexities are simplified, and the paradoxes have their solution. We are one. That is our nature and our purpose.
We are old upon your planet and have served with varying degrees of success in transmitting the Law of One, of Unity, of Singleness to your peoples. We have walked your earth. We have seen the faces of your peoples. This is not so with many of the entities of the Confederation. We found it was not efficacious. However, we then felt the great responsibility of staying in the capacity of removing the distortions and powers that had been given to the Law of One. We will continue in this until your, shall we say, cycle is appropriately ended. If not this one, then the next. We are not a part of time and, thus, are able to be with you in any of your times.
Does this give you enough information from which to extract our purpose, my brother?
1.7 Questioner: [The question was lost because the questioner was sitting too far from the tape recorder to be recorded.]
Ra: I am Ra. Consider, if you will, that the universe is infinite. This has yet to be proven or disproven, but we can assure you that there is no end to your selves, your understanding, what you would call your journey of seeking, or your perceptions of the creation.
That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define that infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an Infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.
In truth there is no right or wrong. There is no polarity for all will be, as you would say, reconciled at some point in your dance through the mind/body/spirit complex which you amuse yourself by distorting in various ways at this time. This distortion is not in any case necessary. It is chosen by each of you as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought which binds all things. You are not speaking of similar or somewhat like entities or things. You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity. You are love/light, light/love. You are. This is the Law of One.
We communicate now. We, too, have our place. We are not those of the Love or of the Light. We are those who are of the Law of One. In our vibration the polarities are harmonized, the complexities are simplified, and the paradoxes have their solution. We are one. That is our nature and our purpose.
I was just listening to scott mandelker and he says the same thing more or less below: we are not those of 4th density nor of 5th density, love or the light, we are those of the Law of One. the dark and light is within you. there is no light or dark side. there is the side of unity consciousness and there is the side of elitist consciousness which exploits and imposes a right on other selve they consider to be of less value.
So in other words the Law of One is the study of Unity Consciousness. I felt maybe this deserved it's own post. In what ways do we still cling to seperatist ideas in our thoughts? Do you still say anything is evil or good for that matter? Polarity stops making sense when thought of it as a divine feminine or divine masculine, the in and out breath, the yin and yang, the balance. The interplay of love light and light love.
This I very much ascribe to the Yin Yang, the balance and nature of ourselves. For students of the Law of One, take a random day and try to start seeing service to self as contractions which need healing of something within, and expansions as radiance of an inner desire. neither are good nor bad and both serve as lessons from which to further understand the archetypal mind. Matrix- Potentiator - Catalyst - Experience - Significator - Transformation - And the Great Way. The great way into unity..

I would state that in the higher realms, it does feel like you're in an altered state and for a sober person who is not formerly prepared to handle such heightened emotions should maybe try drinking first to see if they are able to balance their emotions before trying some advanced meditation technique. I'm not saying to do the advanced meditation technique while drunk, you can try though it might be harder to concentrate.
I love drunk meditation. I just end up laughing at the absurdity of it all
(06-17-2015, 04:33 PM)tamaryn Wrote: [ -> ]I love drunk meditation. I just end up laughing at the absurdity of it all

I think that you would be a good candidate for the STS path, tamaryn. Tongue
(06-17-2015, 04:38 PM)Lighthead Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2015, 04:33 PM)tamaryn Wrote: [ -> ]I love drunk meditation. I just end up laughing at the absurdity of it all

I think that you would be a good candidate for the STS path, tamaryn. Tongue

Oooops aaaand I just realized this is the sobriety thread.....
Must......become one with all drunken beings......

edit: I'm sorry I really can't help myself
Let me initiate you... Lol.
(06-17-2015, 02:43 PM)BlatzAdict Wrote: [ -> ]In unity consciousness I fail to see the reason why it is called an addiction. Then I could very well say you all eat food you are addicted to meat and veggies and I would say that those veggies scream in agony when they touch your stomach acids!!!

There is no santa claus.

With that said. isn't turning oneself away, going to make that addiction greater? the tibetan monks are like if you want to smoke a cigarette, go smoke ten, if you want to smoke weed, go smoke to your hearts content. then when you are finally bored of it, then you will be able to let go of it without any significant charge that will pull you right back in.

What we forget is our electrical nature within the illusion of a biological entity.  I don't see anything inherently bad with these things even if done daily. What I see that is bad is doing it daily and not being aware of what you are doing, or what kinds of choices you are making. Who cares if you do it daily, who cares if you do it once a  year, are you a butt when you do it? Then maybe you shouldn't do it.

Do you have a nasty habit of coming up to people and trying to pick their nose for them when you smoke? You might want to refrain from it if that is the case. Do you feel like munchies when you smoke? Perhaps making the food can be in the spirit of service to others, because you can invite your buddies over to have some of the food that you made.

Sometimes I think people are so rigid with what should and should not be. Ra is the only one who seems to be realistically very laid back and accepting, allowing others to explore the depths of their darkness until they are tired of it. like kids playing a game in the dark closet. They come out and they are still the same kids.

I once went into trance and tried to contact prime creator. he was very agreeable, very chill entity. didn't have much to say just agreed with almost everything. but not like yes yes yes lol
there is an all encompassing love.

in unity consciousness is it smart to say one is bad and one is good? i don't think it's good to enforce polarity or duality. we are here to learn the ways of love yes, but also the way of light, otherwise you wouldn't know how to type on this forum or post a message to this thread.

so ultimately we are working the Law of One, trying to find what it is that this balance of yin and yang is. good and bad is an illusion, is inhaling any worse or better than exhaling?

I don't think of the divine feminine as evil and the divine masculine as good. that would just be sexist. but i look at the divine feminine as the contractive quality, the inhalation, the divine masculine is the expansive quality, the exhalation.
Together they create a cycle by which there is circulation.

Together they are one system.

1.1 Questioner: It seems members of the Confederation have a specific purpose. Is this true with you, and if so, what is your purpose?
Ra: I am Ra. We communicate now. We, too, have our place. We are not those of the Love or of the Light. We are those who are of the Law of One. In our vibration the polarities are harmonized, the complexities are simplified, and the paradoxes have their solution. We are one. That is our nature and our purpose.
We are old upon your planet and have served with varying degrees of success in transmitting the Law of One, of Unity, of Singleness to your peoples. We have walked your earth. We have seen the faces of your peoples. This is not so with many of the entities of the Confederation. We found it was not efficacious. However, we then felt the great responsibility of staying in the capacity of removing the distortions and powers that had been given to the Law of One. We will continue in this until your, shall we say, cycle is appropriately ended. If not this one, then the next. We are not a part of time and, thus, are able to be with you in any of your times.
Does this give you enough information from which to extract our purpose, my brother?
1.7 Questioner: [The question was lost because the questioner was sitting too far from the tape recorder to be recorded.]
Ra: I am Ra. Consider, if you will, that the universe is infinite. This has yet to be proven or disproven, but we can assure you that there is no end to your selves, your understanding, what you would call your journey of seeking, or your perceptions of the creation.
That which is infinite cannot be many, for many-ness is a finite concept. To have infinity you must identify or define that infinity as unity; otherwise, the term does not have any referent or meaning. In an Infinite Creator there is only unity. You have seen simple examples of unity. You have seen the prism which shows all colors stemming from the sunlight. This is a simplistic example of unity.
In truth there is no right or wrong. There is no polarity for all will be, as you would say, reconciled at some point in your dance through the mind/body/spirit complex which you amuse yourself by distorting in various ways at this time. This distortion is not in any case necessary. It is chosen by each of you as an alternative to understanding the complete unity of thought which binds all things. You are not speaking of similar or somewhat like entities or things. You are every thing, every being, every emotion, every event, every situation. You are unity. You are infinity. You are love/light, light/love. You are. This is the Law of One.
We communicate now. We, too, have our place. We are not those of the Love or of the Light. We are those who are of the Law of One. In our vibration the polarities are harmonized, the complexities are simplified, and the paradoxes have their solution. We are one. That is our nature and our purpose.
I was just listening to scott mandelker and he says the same thing more or less below: we are not those of 4th density nor of 5th density, love or the light, we are those of the Law of One. the dark and light is within you. there is no light or dark side. there is the side of unity consciousness and there is the side of elitist consciousness which exploits and imposes a right on other selve they consider to be of less value.
So in other words the Law of One is the study of Unity Consciousness. I felt maybe this deserved it's own post. In what ways do we still cling to seperatist ideas in our thoughts? Do you still say anything is evil or good for that matter? Polarity stops making sense when thought of it as a divine feminine or divine masculine, the in and out breath, the yin and yang, the balance. The interplay of love light and light love.
This I very much ascribe to the Yin Yang, the balance and nature of ourselves. For students of the Law of One, take a random day and try to start seeing service to self as contractions which need healing of something within, and expansions as radiance of an inner desire. neither are good nor bad and both serve as lessons from which to further understand the archetypal mind. Matrix- Potentiator - Catalyst - Experience - Significator - Transformation - And the Great Way. The great way into unity..

I would state that in the higher realms, it does feel like you're in an altered state and for a sober person who is not formerly prepared to handle such heightened emotions should maybe try drinking first to see if they are able to balance their emotions before trying some advanced meditation technique. I'm not saying to do the advanced meditation technique while drunk, you can try though it might be harder to concentrate.
Thank you very much for sharing your insights and perspectives about this issue with us Blaztaddict.
Before I quit drinking I tried mediation while drunk many times... I think some call them blackouts, but whatever. lol Usually I just passed out or fell asleep.
I recall a story by Ram Dass, where he wrote about how his guru vibrated at such a high level of consciousness, that once he gave him so LSD to try (enough to put down an elephant) no effect on him whatsoever as he was already at a higher vibration than the LSD. I do believe there is something to that.
However, I recently reread an excerpt out of Carla's book, The Wanderer's Handbook, where she wrote about mind altering substances and addiction that really resonated with me. She basically writes how softer substances such as alcohol and marijuana are of no real consequence spiritually when used in moderation and in the spirit of celebration. However, when these substances are used to excess or in order to numb feelings and emotions, or as a tool to achieve a higher state of consciousness on a regular basis, they may cause have adverse consequences. This is addressed in the Law of One material as well.
Definitely not an issue of good or bad for me. It is more of a matter of pursuing a way of living that allows my vibration to remain as high as possible, while fulfilling my mission. 
Much love and light to all!