Bring4th

Full Version: Rare preventable diseases you've repeatedly had and don't mind?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was watching the movie, "man from the earth" the other day and came upon a thought.

What preventable repeated invasive infections have you had that are in no way TRULY harmful in the modern day and age but you feel you should not get treatment for for what ever reason.

That is, diseases like the Flu or say, Typhoid fever or say, the Bubponic plague.

All of which are almost harmless in a modern society with even a modicum of basic healthcare and preventative measures in place, so, here's the question of all questions.

Whats your favorite repeated illness.

Mine seems to be Typhoid, the little red spots that appear everywhere on your torso when you're really exhausted and sick. When I get it I feel like I'm in a mild flame and can stay awake for very long periods of time without pain but all of existence feels like a mild pain and it is extremely easy to wash away by finding any random female dancer or body art worker and plead for help and the typhoid vanishes like that *snaps fingers*. Its one of my favorite diseases because it forces you to literally burn all your fat away in an artistic frenzy that ends in the arms of the ladies of avalon and then you wake up somewhere else without harm.

Ofcourse, if you go to a time before the 18th century then Typhoid is your worst enemy on a very very bad day. But after 18th century and with access to healthcare, Typhoid is the funniest thing ever.

What is yours, reader? Smile
I'm never sick or anything, and I never cared much about my health either. I'd do fine in any era probably.. unless someone infected me with a plague or something.

I get the flu for half a day sometimes.