Bring4th

Full Version: STO opportunities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
furry rabbit (Bring4th member) has a cousin, Jenny. Jenny and her husband Rudy, are currently in Nepal, responding to the recent Earthquakes there and are eager to share their understanding of how our thoughts govern our feelings.

thanks for sharing Nick!

(06-24-2015, 12:02 PM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]are eager to share their understanding of how our thoughts govern our feelings.

I jumped around in the video, and couldn't really find this bit.  Does it start at a particular timestamp?

- -

back to the thead title though ... I think there's tremendous value in getting one's hands dirty so-to-speak, and being physically involved in helping others.  That's not to say all service has to be nitty-gritty, but it can't be discounted either.  I just think of the 'physical hardships' that parents must go through in raising their new kids; the sleep loss, the hit on the finances, etc etc.  The term 'sacrifice' is sort-of taboo these days, as it's all about respecting yourself, and loving yourself as much as the other ... and yet, I'm sure when you have a newborn, they will no-doubt come first, and any passing needs of the self are relegated to some distant time in the future.  So yes, I think there are situations (not all situations, and certainly not permanent), where you do put the other-self ahead of your-self, and it can be considered a 'sacrifice' of your energy, other desires, and other opportunities.

and, of course, there is also the possibility that one can eventually come to the point where you see the other-self as exactly your-self, and so there is no distinction in mind between their needs and your needs.  It's just the 'one common need' that needs resolution on.

"The One Being of the creation is like unto a body, if you will accept this third-density analogy.

Would we ignore a pain in the leg? A bruise upon the skin? A cut which is festering? No. There is no ignoring a call. We, the entities of sorrow, choose as our service the attempt to heal the sorrow which we are calling analogous to the pains of a physical body complex distortion."
(06-25-2015, 05:34 AM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for sharing Nick!

(06-24-2015, 12:02 PM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]are eager to share their understanding of how our thoughts govern our feelings.

I jumped around in the video, and couldn't really find this bit.  Does it start at a particular timestamp?

Yes that video is more of an introduction so I should have been more clearer. This one (blog 3) is more explanatory but essentially they are trying to teach children how we naturally ascribe emotional values to our own thoughts, which we perceive as being real. It has been termed The 3 Principles (mind, consciousness, thought) and the fundamental role they play in our life experiences. As the saying goes, "each one teach one"! 

Here is the website hosting all 3 blogs together  Smile

http://www.innatewellbeing.co.uk/nepal-video-blog/
I have always had interests in people doing this type of work. I will first say that its a very noble and honorable thing to do, however it does raise some questions in my mind about this type of service, I should add that i am not talking about anyone in particular here or that i know of.

I have always thought that in order to make a difference in a 3rd or 2nd world country , the person volunteering there service should have a highly developed degree of skill, such as being a Doctor or a teacher, a construction worker etc.  However i hear stories about people who volunteer to different countries without having any real skill set that is useful to help those who are in need. I remember reading an article about someone who took a career break on such a trip and said that the group of teenagers or young adults were building a school in Africa, but didn't have the first idea about building. So the African workers took the wall down and rebuilt it , in the middle of the night. The only reason they were interested in having them there as far as i am lead to be aware , was the funding money they received, which wasn't used for the people who needed it the most.

All of this might sound a little harsh and rude of me, but i think that many people who go on such trips, do so out of the idea of doing good, but end up doing more harm than good in the long run and get to have a career break or holiday from the experience. If the only skills one can offer are being of manual labor or a general helping hand, i am sure they're many who could do such things without the need from outside help, the real help they need are from the highly skill individuals who can make a real difference.

All of that being said, i am open to being proven completely wrong, as i have never done this type of work but using a bit of my common sense it does seem logically to me.

Here is an article that basically sums up what i am saying.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree...ys-madonna