Bring4th

Full Version: beta blocking and pain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is this forum the right one? Plenum will fix it if not. Angel

i have had years of a phenomenon i call acid in the veins. some call it ice water but i think it's acid. it's a burning sensation felt in the veins. for me felt especially in my neck. ever since quite young i've had social anxiety. at some point around mid-teens i had been exposed to so much adrenaline it turned really painful and tiring. i withdrew and stopped all unnecessary social interaction. eventually it got so bad it just burned. i've dedicated years to alleviating this body-panic/fear/pain/ptsd crap. alcohol is legal and i don't need a doctor for it.

i am going through upheavals in life so i caved and started taking meds. betablockers. they block these signals that cause the horribly painful acid. it's like having years of daily physical pain and suddenly it's gone. there's still fear, discomfort etc. but the crippling pain of my body freaking out... i can't believe i didn't do this sooner.

i wanted to make this post because many people are unaware of BBs. if u have anxiety, y do doctors prescribe addictive valium when they could prescribe BBs and maybe talk therapy/CBT with it? BBs don't cause intoxication so i take them as prescribed. as an addict, when i got a month's dose of valium i ate it with alcohol in a few days and it'd be gone. u can't give intoxicants to an addict/alcoholic, but u can give them BBs.

they're probably not for everyone but i think they're incredible. most of my life i've had acute anxiety. and everything that relieved that was intoxicating.

if ur against taking meds please don't reply. i don't want a metaphysical debate or be told i don't need them. i just wanna talk about the healing power of BBs because i'm so grateful for them.
I really feel for you Bluebell because I've had anxiety and I know what that's like. Mine was because of smoking. I took up the habit of smoking and I found out after I quit that one of the side effects of nicotine is anxiety. So, eventually, after all the nicotine was eliminated from my body I stopped having anxiety attacks.

I can't help you with the beta blocker because I was prescribed Lorazepam (benzo). But I only took it as needed. It didn't really help when I had anxiety because I feel that that's the kind of thing that you need take daily to prevent anxiety attacks. But I didn't really want to get addicted to them like you talked about so I took them as needed.

I, thankfully, don't get anxiety attacks any more. But they sure were a b**** to have. My heart goes out to you for having "acute," I guess you could say, chronic anxiety attacks from the way you described. But that's good that you found beta blockers. I never was on those, I don't think. I was on another med for anxiety, but I don't think that it was a beta blocker. My mom probably saved the papers that came with the prescription. But that med didn't really do anything for the anxiety besides make me sleepy. So I don't think that it was a beta blocker.

Heart Heart Heart
it's odd chemicals affect us so differently. smoking causes me to be all calm and happy. i miss smoking a lot. the only reason i haven't started again is i can't find the bloody things. grocery stores have to hide them now and i'm too shy to ask for them.
(06-26-2015, 03:18 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]it's odd chemicals affect us so differently. smoking causes me to be all calm and happy. i miss smoking a lot. the only reason i haven't started again is i can't find the bloody things. grocery stores have to hide them now and i'm too shy to ask for them.

Actually, I did research on that. They calm your anxiety in the short run, but they increase your anxiety in the long run. That's probably good that you quit them. You would have more overall anxiety.
Pain relief I've heard is like experiencing heaven immediately after hell...

I'm sorry that you must go through this so often.  

Do you have any idea why that pain happens?  Not speaking metaphysics here either Heart
i don't know really it's some chemical i guess. maybe over time adrenaline just becomes painful or one can't tolerate it anymore.
I totally want to play Dr. House on you and try and see if I can't help you find a way to avoid the stress and pain D:

Minus the meanness of Dr. House.
u make that sound a little naughty
-facepalms-

It absolutely does now that you pointed it out lol

And in the immortal words of Sterling Archer. . . Phrasing!!
Hello Dear Bluebell,

(06-26-2015, 12:44 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ](...)
if ur against taking meds please don't reply. i don't want a metaphysical debate or be told i don't need them. i just wanna talk about the healing power of BBs because i'm so grateful for them.

Oh, I’m against meds, all right. I do believe that We are creating Out own Reality and Experience, and that We possess within Self an ability to Heal Self from any possible disease.

BUT – my Dear Bluebell – but it doesn’t matter in what I believe when it comes to You. It really doesn’t matter what any-One believe, unless You decide differently.
It is You who Create your own Reality and if You Believe that meds will help You – they will. In fact, that’s the only reason they are.

To offer here some perspective. I’m not claiming, that You’ve found this particular meds, You’ve believed init and they worked.
I’m saying, that Your structure of Beliefs that existed within You for a long, long time before You started to use those particular medicament – maybe even your entire Existence within this Reality (of course from the moment, your Creaturehood-Mind was properly developed and capable of Understanding) – that this “structure of Beliefs” is a direct cause of your current Experiences.

I would like to underline, that I’ve not wrote all above to judge You, Dear Bluebell, but to Share with You my Understanding of what You wrote regarding your Experience.

All I have Best in me for You
thanks but that's exactly the kind of post i didn't want. this thread isn't about that subject. the reason the meds are helping is because they lower blood pressure and block adrenaline. i wanted to share that as an alternative to benzos and other neuroscramblers.

by that same logic u could say i don't need to eat if i don't believe i do. might be true for an adept. i'm not an adept.
(06-26-2015, 06:43 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]by that same logic u could say i don't need to eat if i don't believe i do. might be true for an adept. i'm not an adept.

Oh, I do not think that, Dear Bluebell. Eating and digesting food is paramount  for survival in Creaturehood. Our material Bodies are “created to eat” – that’s how We were “Thought Of”/”Thought-into-Material-Beingness”.

Please do not understand me wrong – I’m not writing this from different standpoint than yours. I share your Beliefs in that regard and I do go to the doctor when my illness turns critical and I do takes antibiotics (for example).
At the same time I possess an Understanding which I’ve Shared with You, that I hope at some point will be present within my “Experiential Field”. That I will be actually able to Heal Self with my Thoughts, Feelings and Moment-to-Moment Attitudes and it's Flow.

I apologize, if I evoke within You Feelings, that I've invaded this thread uninvited. It was not my intention to offer You something of “negative” nature.
On the other hand You seem to be Tough-Being and I think You can handle it Tongue

All I have Best in me for You
(06-26-2015, 12:44 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]if ur against taking meds please don't reply. i don't want a metaphysical debate or be told i don't need them.

I 100% agree in the value of taking medication. I once convinced someone to stop taking them and it nearly cost me my life!

Lots of love blueberrybellringer  Heart

PS. As you do not want a metaphysical debate, then by your admission you cannot query me on why I just called you by the name of "blueberrybellringer"  Tongue
(06-26-2015, 12:44 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]is this forum the right one? Plenum will fix it if not. Angel

i have had years of a phenomenon i call acid in the veins. some call it ice water but i think it's acid. it's a burning sensation felt in the veins. for me felt especially in my neck. ever since quite young i've had social anxiety. at some point around mid-teens i had been exposed to so much adrenaline it turned really painful and tiring. i withdrew and stopped all unnecessary social interaction. eventually it got so bad it just burned. i've dedicated years to alleviating this body-panic/fear/pain/ptsd crap. alcohol is legal and i don't need a doctor for it.

i am going through upheavals in life so i caved and started taking meds. betablockers. they block these signals that cause the horribly painful acid. it's like having years of daily physical pain and suddenly it's gone. there's still fear, discomfort etc. but the crippling pain of my body freaking out... i can't believe i didn't do this sooner.

i wanted to make this post because many people are unaware of BBs. if u have anxiety, y do doctors prescribe addictive valium when they could prescribe BBs and maybe talk therapy/CBT with it? BBs don't cause intoxication so i take them as prescribed. as an addict, when i got a month's dose of valium i ate it with alcohol in a few days and it'd be gone. u can't give intoxicants to an addict/alcoholic, but u can give them BBs.

they're probably not for everyone but i think they're incredible. most of my life i've had acute anxiety. and everything that relieved that was intoxicating.

You may want to try the amino acid "l-theanine".  Many anxiety sufferers have found benefit from it.  It is non-addictive, and improves focus, and of course, anxiety.

5-htp, usually derived from griffonia seeds, is also a powerful, non-addictive substance, that helps anxiety.  5 hydroxytryptophan is a precursor to serotonin in your brain, which is usually low in people with depression and anxiety.

And of course, there is also Ashwagandha, an ayurvedic herb that suppresses cortisol and improves gamma amino butyric acid production, an inhibitory neurotransmitter that helps suppress anxiety.

Kava is pretty useful too, if you can stand its god awful taste.  It also has a reverse tolerance profile (read: it gets better the more you use it).  It acts on the GABA receptor also.

Valerian root also helps with anxiety, works on the GABA (a) receptor (same one as alcohol).

Anyway, there are some more things to try if you get tired of beta blockers, there are loads of others. Sounds like the beta blockers are fulfilling your current needs atm.
the mysterious case of the "blueberrybellringer" was split into a new thread.
plenum u and ur scissors