Bring4th

Full Version: What truely makes someone STS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Out of interests what truly makes someone STS? I think i have a fairly decent idea on it but i would like to hear other peoples views. I feel that the idea of STS is almost like a super villain or some cartoon bad guy, that is normally given. In this sense i feel that someone is sts when they consciously hurt or abuse someone to get what they want. However i feel there is taboo on many different things that are generally seen as LHP or sts. Drugs, prostitutes, drinking, eating meat and magick. However if someone does those things are but aren't directly harming someone is it really STS?

Take Crowley for example, he took drugs, practices LHP magick, had sex with prostitutes , although some what unbalanced Ra said he was a positive entity. So it makes me think that do we really need to develop such a goody personal life in order to be able to positive and reach 4th density? I found myself trying to give up many of the so called negative general aspects in order to be STO but is that really the case?

If someone is balanced and is seeing the love in the moment, then shouldn't it be easy for them to be able to do all of those things above and not be STS or have bad karma? If someone was to reach the 95% sts, i would think you would need to be a socialpath, someone really evil like Genghis Khan. However what i tend to find is that people who call themselves LHP are normally just breaking social taboos and aren't really hurting anyone and those who are RHP and fundamentalists are really hurtful to many people. So its a fine line between the two paths i think.

STS is love of self above love of others.

It's being true to yourself and your desires even if they are disonant with others.

lt's wanting to create your very own reality rather than adhering to the given one or rather than adhering to one who would benifit All except you.

STS is the freedom of self to be as it wants.

STS is the OIC not denying his own desires that emerge from experienced distortions.
The 95% STS is hard to attain and would be attributed with "monsters" because it leaves only 5% to love others above self.

STS in itself without harvest, is the simple given way of being STO with self foremost as self and other selves are One. It is not evil nor wrong, it is pure Love.
Ra gave an example of those that prefer the night. Personally, walking into an empty city at night, into an empty golf under the stary sky at night when there is no car, no one to disturb the environement, is much more enjoyable to me than when crowded with other-selves
if u treat the prostitute well it's probably fine. i don't really know.
(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]However i feel there is taboo on many different things that are generally seen as LHP or sts. Drugs, prostitutes, drinking, eating meat and magick. However if someone does those things are but aren't directly harming someone is it really STS?

I think you're referencing 'spiritual correctness' there.

(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Take Crowley for example, he took drugs, practices LHP magick, had sex with prostitutes , although some what unbalanced Ra said he was a positive entity.

probably a bit more than 'somewhat' unbalanced.

(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]So it makes me think that do we really need to develop such a goody personal life in order to be able to positive and reach 4th density?

not at all.  Your life plan will be constructed with the life goals you had in mind.  For a negative entity, they will program their life situations to offer the greatest number of opportunities to continue progressing on that path.  For a positive entity, there will be ample opportunities to continue positive service.  Even though we are on 'this side' of the Veil, doesn't mean that we are in a sea of directionless.  Our life has been deliberately constructed with the opportunities we thought we needed to continue.

(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I found myself trying to give up many of the so called negative general aspects in order to be STO but is that really the case?

Trying to control impulses - which is what 'giving up things' is - only causes a rebound effect.

If you understand why the impulse is there, then it will generally fall away by itself.

(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]If someone is balanced and is seeing the love in the moment, then shouldn't it be easy for them to be able to do all of those things above and not be STS or have bad karma?

STS is about the effect you have on others.  As is STO.

(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]However what i tend to find is that people who call themselves LHP are normally just breaking social taboos and aren't really hurting anyone and those who are RHP and fundamentalists are really hurtful to many people. So its a fine line between the two paths i think.

there are labels and generalizations.  Ever investigated the druidic path?

(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interests what truly makes someone STS?

When Ra speaks about negative polarization, then it is reference to the orange and yellow energy centres.  Both positive and negative have an open red-ray (ideally).  That means both sides are maximally open to new experiences and opportunities.  They both have a zest and love and joy in living and experiencing.

The blocked patterns for the negative path reflect two things:

orange ray blockages: control of the personality.  Control of the sexual impulse (not allowing it to be freely expressed).  Control of the emotions.

yellow ray blockages: to be able to maintain a superior standard of living, as befits a sts individual, they also control the people around them.  Finding ways of making income without actually doing any work is something that all negatives aspire to (being at the top of a pyramid scheme that funnels wealth upwards to the top).  They ain't interested in sharing; they want a position where they are able to dictate the flow of events.  Organised crime is a great example of this.  Being the mob boss means you have a whole gang of underlings, and when someone disagrees, then violence is readily imposed.  Blackmail, bribery, and mistreatment of others is also part of doing business.   Everyone wants to be the mob-boss, but there is usually only one.  Everyone else is enslaved to the boss.  These gangs also run sexual trafficking rings, sell children, etc etc.
I don't think you can really link karma and STS together. Catalysts are there for both polarities as lessons to learn.
(06-26-2015, 01:46 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you can really link karma and STS together. Catalysts are there for both polarities as lessons to learn.

Sure, but Karma still happens regardless. If we take any action that is harmful to someone else, it would bring about karma.
Plenum, so basically your saying that once the thought/emotion distortion is accepted rather than tried to be control, suppressed or overcome. One goes through the conscious effort of trying to understand why it was happening in the first place? Take for example drinking alcohol. On the surface level one could say its simply makes you feel good and that's why people drink. However if i contemplate on it a little more you could say that it allows me to forget about things and switch off for a night, so it could be seen as a rejection of catalyst and an orange ray distortion? When catalyst becomes to much to handle , such as an emotional issue one sure way to forget about it is through the use of drugs or alcohol to get a temporary feel good fix.

It basically boils down to the rejection of catalyst rather than loving accepting it. The question is, if one knows this, it doesn't necessary mean that one would simply stop drinking over night, you would still logically need to use a great deal of will power in order to let go of the distortion. The knowledge of a distortion alone isn't enough i believe to balance it out. One would need to be able not only to accept and understand the distortion but also to be able to use enough power of will to be able to fully let go of something.
It seems related to a perceptual approach to others.

Quote:50.6 Questioner: Could you give an example of negative polarization sharing love of self? It would seem to me that that would deplete negative polarization. Could you expand on that concept?

Ra: I am Ra. We may not use examples of known beings due to the infringement this would cause. Thus we must be general.

The negatively oriented being will be one who feels that it has found power that gives meaning to its existence precisely as the positive polarization does feel. This negative entity will strive to offer these understandings to other-selves, most usually by the process of forming the elite, the disciples, and teaching the need and rightness of the enslavement of other-selves for their own good. These other-selves are conceived to be dependent upon the self and in need of the guidance and the wisdom of the self.
(06-26-2015, 02:14 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-26-2015, 01:46 PM)Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you can really link karma and STS together. Catalysts are there for both polarities as lessons to learn.

Sure, but Karma still happens regardless. If we take any action that is harmful to someone else, it would bring about karma.

Not necessarily except pershaps regrets at one point in existence. But even then it can cover many many things and not necessarily each event.

Karma could be seen also in the fact that when one hurts other-self, he hurts self. But I wouldn't call that karma either. Karma in this perspective, would instead be the action of hurting other other-self.

Since this is strictly LOO :

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. This is, in general, correct. However, both self and any involved other-self may, at any time through the process of understanding, acceptance, and forgiveness, ameliorate these patterns. This is true at any point in an incarnative pattern. Thus one who has set in motion an action may forgive itself and never again make that error. This also brakes or stops what you call karma.

So like I said regrets, but if self forgives self, then there is not necessarily further karma.
Another good quote about karma and forgiveness.

Quote:18.12 Questioner: You stated yesterday that forgiveness is the eradicator of karma. I am assuming that balanced forgiveness for the full eradication ofkarma would require forgiveness not only of other-selves but forgiveness of self. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct. We will briefly expand upon this understanding in order to clarify.

Forgiveness of other-self is forgiveness of self. An understanding of this insists upon full forgiveness upon the conscious level of self and other-self, for they are one. A full forgiveness is thus impossible without the inclusion of self.

From this you can also make out that in the event of a self hurting another self, the self that is hurted can also develop karma by not forgiving the other self that did the action of hurting him and even beyond the "evil self", if that one forgives himself.

All is One means that you can only be hurt by yourself or hurt yourself, and that ultimately all will be forgiven and loved by all parties. No experience will be considered lesser than any other, no experience will be wished to not have been experienced.

Awareness that at all times, it always was the same driving Love behind each things is what we are working toward. Karma is only a tool to grow closer to this awareness.
(06-26-2015, 02:20 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]When catalyst becomes to much to handle , such as an emotional issue one sure way to forget about it is through the use of drugs or alcohol to get a temporary feel good fix.

yes, I don't think it is in any way a bad thing to get some relief in difficult situations.  Even though I never used alcohol or MJ, I found my own ways of 'tuning out' and not engaging with things.  

If I could generalise (and this is not referencing you, and generalizations don't apply to *all cases*), but the use of substances for the specific purpose of numbing and not feeling is to do with orange ray pain.  The kind of withdrawal/retreat/non-engagement in yellow ray, has to do more with the use of stimulants (coffee, sugar, uppers) to get over the effect of retreat.

so: orange ray pain: use something to numb it
     yellow ray retreat: use stimulants to go 'hyperactive'

again, these are broad strokes (and I'm talking about very specific cases here; there are many many unique uses of substances, and this is only referring to a subset).

So you can see that addictions in orange ray, trying to numb the pain ain't bad addictions for their own sake.  It's the pain that's the issue, not the substance use.

(06-26-2015, 02:20 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]It basically boils down to the rejection of catalyst rather than loving accepting it. The question is, if one knows this, it doesn't necessary mean that one would simply stop drinking over night, you would still logically need to use a great deal of will power in order to let go of the distortion. The knowledge of a distortion alone isn't enough i believe to balance it out. One would need to be able not only to accept and understand the distortion but also to be able to use enough power of will to be able to fully let go of something.

in this case, I think one needs to investigate the issue of the pain, as I referenced above.

This is not easy, because it will usually be buried under layers, in the subconscious.  It can take quite a long time in fact.

The application of the 'Will' in this case, would be the great desire to know the reason for the underlying pain.  

- -

with the situation you described in the first paragraph, the issue doesn't seem to be addiction as such.  But more the occasional usage.  That's not a problem (at least from my point of view).  3d isn't the easiest place to navigate, and so it's perfectly cool to have a time-out.

also: why I say that MJ and alcohol are used to numb, even though people talk about getting 'high' is that the conscious mind looses control/direction when using both these substances.

when I talk about caffeine/sugar/uppers for yellow ray, it increases the activity of the conscious mind, so that it overcomes obstacles of shyness/retreat.

again, the substances I referenced can be used in an infinite variety of ways; and I'm only talking about specific situations.
STS - Order in dense realms / Disorder
STO - Order in lighter/higher realms
(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interests what truly makes someone STS? 

I cant remember a keyword to bring up the quote that has given me the greatest insight into your query here Matt, but it goes something like "The first separation of self, is with the self". What added extra depth for me was this rhetorical question posed by Scott Mandelker, "How much do you love the truth?".

So for me the heart of what makes anyone truly  STS is that refusal, or denial to face their own deepest fears. To me the LHP means there will always be someone more powerful than yourself. You will never be more (at least in this life) than a small cog in a highly organised machine. A "machine" is an apt metaphor to describe power seekers (as opposed to truth seekers) as a machine does not require a heart in order to function. It requires programming. 

So in truth, the heart sends out oxygenated blood to where it is needed most in the body, and this is the natural way, the path that is. The path that is not does the opposite, in that it funnels the oxygenated blood up its programmers, leaving its lesser portions to compete for what little is left.

This meme speaks to the inherent simplicity of the STO path.

[Image: Image%202015-06-27%20at%209.00.47%20PM.png]

Although I recognise I may be wrong here, I still remain convinced that an STS individual will never look into the eyes of an STO individual. The truth is too powerful to behold IMHO.

@Nicholas

I love that quote
(06-27-2015, 04:39 PM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]Although I recognise I may be wrong here, I still remain convinced that an STS individual will never look into the eyes of an STO individual. The truth is too powerful to behold IMHO. 

I'd be surprised if that were true, Nicholas. I would imagine that there are STS individuals that would draw great power from glaring at someone, even. I think that what defines an STS individual is intent. Generalizations are not always accurate.

That said, I wasn't on the STS path for nearly enough time to be an expert.
Depends, but looking at someone who is too pure would indeed reflect back one soul's "ugliness".

At some point nothing would be seen as ugly, and everything would be seen as Love and Light though.
I think the most advanced STS individuals have seen the light, and know it very well, but still choose to return to darkness. Not all beings desire or require it.

I believe the most outwardly cruel and destructive beings are akin to idiotic children (not actually STS) who are used to further wiser beings agendas in exchange for lessons in their inferiority. The idiot will be an idiot so they might as well be used.

That is how I see STS.
Darkness is only freedom, freedom to not be stuck with Love/Light obsessed people. Freedom to be the ones to teach them lessons they wish to avoid. Freedom of whatever you want as you are the OIC exploring his own set of desires.

STS entities are not well with STO entities, I think that is important to note. Yet they are not unlike each other, they are One.

A STS entity is but the incarnation of a STO entity's different potential in being. Hating it, is hating what you could've been or could still become.
The choice is the only thing that truly makes anyone one or the other. The choice being made consciously. I think the attempt to justify the choice then comes.
(06-27-2015, 07:06 PM)Lighthead Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2015, 04:39 PM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]Although I recognise I may be wrong here, I still remain convinced that an STS individual will never look into the eyes of an STO individual. The truth is too powerful to behold IMHO. 

I'd be surprised if that were true, Nicholas. I would imagine that there are STS individuals that would draw great power from glaring at someone, even. I think that what defines an STS individual is intent. Generalizations are not always accurate.

That said, I wasn't on the STS path for nearly enough time to be an expert.

Equally, I would not be surprised if I was wrong. I just feel that 2 equally powerful entities gazing at each other, that is an STO seeing the creator and in full awareness of the creators presence, would be like a reflection. One that is rejected rather than accepted.

However, subjectivity is a "poor friend" to use Ra's words, and my dot connecting experiences would certainly go along with that.
What truly makes someone STS is:

1. Recognizing that service to self is a viable avenue of growth.

Many people whom we accuse of being STS or evil are really only medicating a wound with a habit they even they see as unsustainable. The addict often knows that his addiction is killing him, but persists because he doesn't know how to live any other way. This is not STS because, as plenum mentioned, the red ray needs are simply not yet met. Most of the examples you offered, Matt1, fail to meet this first requirement.

2. Finding that one's truest expression of self aligns with the STS path.

It's not enough to simply do things that serve yourself, just as it is not enough on the STO path to do things that serve others. What really matters is your intention and the purity of your desire to manifest that intention. We rarely live up to our intentions, but as we polarize we do attempt to improve. Movement on this path, though, is impossible without genuine desire. If you are STO, you must genuinely desire the good of others without considering the benefit it may bring to yourself. An STO person attends to the crying child because she called for help, not because others will think you're a good person if you do. Similarly, an STS person seeks always benefit to herself, without consideration for extraneous concerns. Thus, an STS person needs to do yellow ray work if she conforms to popular opinion in order to feel accepted by a group. On the STS path, attachment to group opinion is a form of weakness. On the STO path, however, it is an unwillingness to accept the self as it is.

3. Consciously choosing to walk the STS path.

It's not enough to identify with STS. Being STS means you actively practice in order to maximize the power of the self, and that you are aware at all times that this is, in fact, what you are doing.
A superb sense of fashion.
(06-28-2015, 06:19 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]A superb sense of fashion.

I'd make a lame STS entity.
I'm beginning to think of polarity as a stumbling block. When I'm experiencing oneness and bliss while meditating, the last thing I'm thinking about is polarity. I think that polarity is for the birds.

Or perhaps I'm polarizing and am not even aware of it. Who knows. I'm open to any possibility.
(06-28-2015, 06:37 PM)Lighthead Wrote: [ -> ]I'm beginning to think of polarity as a stumbling block. When I'm experiencing oneness and bliss while meditating, the last thing I'm thinking about is polarity. I think that polarity is for the birds.

Or perhaps I'm polarizing and am not even aware of it. Who knows. I'm open to any possibility.

Polarity is what makes the soul evolve within our given parameters of beingness, it brings change.

Unity is without polarity, separateness is. To rejoin Unity, we have to walk through the polarity game. (To fully rejoin Unity, not glimpse at it)
(06-26-2015, 12:55 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Out of interests what truly makes someone STS? I think i have a fairly decent idea on it but i would like to hear other peoples views. I feel that the idea of STS is almost like a super villain or some cartoon bad guy, that is normally given. In this sense i feel that someone is sts when they consciously hurt or abuse someone to get what they want. However i feel there is taboo on many different things that are generally seen as LHP or sts. Drugs, prostitutes, drinking, eating meat and magick. However if someone does those things are but aren't directly harming someone is it really STS?

Take Crowley for example, he took drugs, practices LHP magick, had sex with prostitutes , although some what unbalanced Ra said he was a positive entity. So it makes me think that do we really need to develop such a goody personal life in order to be able to positive and reach 4th density? I found myself trying to give up many of the so called negative general aspects in order to be STO but is that really the case?

If someone is balanced and is seeing the love in the moment, then shouldn't it be easy for them to be able to do all of those things above and not be STS or have bad karma? If someone was to reach the 95% sts, i would think you would need to be a socialpath, someone really evil like Genghis Khan. However what i tend to find is that people who call themselves LHP are normally just breaking social taboos and aren't really hurting anyone and those who are RHP and fundamentalists are really hurtful to many people. So its a fine line between the two paths i think.

Great topic & post Matt - One of the things that let's you know you're entering into 4d is your desire for BALANCE - this means you know yourself well enough to know how to help others more effectively - or better yet, your desire to be of service to others in the most effective way possible leads you down the path of defining & refining your individuated self.

I do not believe at all that STS automatically carries a connotation of "negativity" - in Q&A 7.17 (& I paraphrase here) Ra states: 

"The distortion lies in the fact that those who seek to serve the self are seen by the Law of One as precisely the same as those who seek to serve others, for are all not one? To serve yourself and to serve other is a dual method of saying the same thing, if you can understand the essence of the Law of One."

You mentioned LHP & there is a great, great interview (IMHO) with an entity who chooses to call himself "Edward Pandemonium." In it he discusses that very subject & demonstrates how STS can be honorable & doesn't involve using or manipulating others. If you are versed in The Law of One, you will absolutely recognize all of its tenants in this conversation, even though he/they do not mention it or attribute their cosmologies to it. For me, this is required listening for everyone who participates in this forum. (This interview is hosted by Miguel Connor & starts around the 13:25 mark) : 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny7jrcNpxCg

Also, another individual who completely demonstrates STS as honorable is Neil Kramer. If you've heard of him, great! If not, then visit: 

http://neilkramer.com 

& read his essays & listen to his interviews & "Roamcasts" starting with the first...... well, well worth your time, I promise you..... you will come away with a greater understanding of such a thing as STS + !!

You can only ever love others as much as you love yourself..... plain & simple.
(09-04-2015, 03:38 AM)eccentric1 Wrote: [ -> ]... STS can be honorable & doesn't involve using or manipulating others.

It doesn't have to but don't forget (to mention) it very often does. And how badly so. Remember how much STS one has to be to be/come harvestable... people know.

-`ღ´-
(09-04-2015, 03:54 AM)facettes Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2015, 03:38 AM)eccentric1 Wrote: [ -> ]... STS can be honorable & doesn't involve using or manipulating others.

It doesn't have to but don't forget (to mention) it very often does. And how badly so. Remember how much STS one has to be to be/come harvestable... people know.

-`ღ´-

Please check out the two links I provided in my response to Matt's post & tell me how they do not effectively demonstrate STS + .....

Almost everyone posting here seems to be under the false impression that anything associated with STS carries a negative connotation & nothing could be further from the truth. Please review the section on "The Negative Path" : 

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?c=Negative+Path 

& for more clarification:

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?c=The+Two+Paths

Self-improvement does not automatically come at the expense of others..... that's all I am saying, plain & simple. 
Pages: 1 2