Bring4th

Full Version: How to improve intelligence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

Does anyone know of material that can help improve intelligence? I am a finance student, have to deal with money all the time which makes me feel sick. Even worse some of the stuff are quite hard, so wondering if I can do something to become smarter.
You can buy books on speed reading memory enhancement and all kinds of mental skills in most bookstores..

What faculty exactly are you trying to improve? Intelligence is pretty broad.
Mathematical and logical abilities, I am curious if Edger Cacye or any other channeled material have said anything to do with improving mental performance.
Brain food. I'll send you a pm.

oguz

to improve math. and logical abilities, i'd say to take some high school algebra and geometry test books. They are very efficient for sharpening mind.
Also there is a book by Marilyn vos savant (worlds highest iq holder).

if u try these you'll see effects.

with light
I agree, practice makes perfect. The brain is like a muscle. Use it or lose it...
There's an article at Reality Sandwich called Intelligence is Self Teaching. It is well worth reading, but the title is perhaps enough for this discussion. Intelligence reflects upon itself and that leads to an expansion or increase in intelligence. IMO, intelligence is not a static or a given that you're born with that cannot change.

"Know yourself. Accept yourself. Become the Creator." Smile

I believe the act of seeking - to know the self - will increase intelligence.
(04-22-2010, 09:55 AM)kanonathena Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Does anyone know of material that can help improve intelligence? I am a financial student, have to deal with money all the time which makes me feel sick. Even worse some of the stuff are quite hard, so wondering if I can do something to become smarter.

So I see you have two challenges to deal with.
1- The intelligence muscle - work it ! read the original authors of the financial concepts
2- Attitude about money - It seems the topic of money makes you sick. How do you expect to learn about money and it's management if the topic itself makes you sick? One way to look at this - Money is a power to do things. The things can be good or bad, that depends upon the person using the money. Money in itself is not bad. It is like a knife in the hand of a murderer versus in the hand of a surgeon. So take out all thoughts about money being evil. Of course it has been used to cause evil but what has not been used.
good luck !
Exactly, I have been struggling with that. Another problem is my biased attitude towards money and people working with money lead me to develop dyslexia of some sort. I have trouble reading sentences and concentrating. Sometimes it takes me hours to read a short paper.
I would say then, don't read. Can you hold your attention whist you listen to books? ie. audio books

I would suggest beginning with a short comfortable amount of time, once or twice a day, and then increasing that time as you feel comfortable with it.

If it is attention you have difficulty with, then seek material which you enjoy. That will be much easier to concentrate on, and from there you can work into other materials when you have built the foundation.

When I was a child, I could read very well, but in the third grade, I felt pushed and didn't like the materials they were making me read. I began to lag behind. We had to spend time in the library every day, but instead of reading what "they" wanted me to read, I began to read books I liked, Dr. Seuss books specifically. Yes, this was below what everyone else was reading, but I found enjoyment in it, which I was able to transfer to more difficult books as time went on. It still makes me smile to see a Dr. Seuss book Smile and I have read thousands upon thousands of books. I actually spent my fourteenth summer reading the encyclopedia from A through M because I liked reading that much!

Another thing... they have found that those that interact a lot with others have sharper mental skills than those that do not. In particular, this study was done looking at people who sat in pubs and had conversations day after day. It didn't much matter what they talked about; it was the interaction. Now, I am not suggesting you go and sit in a pub, but interact with groups of people if you have the chance. The more, the better. Then again there is the "buffalo theory", but I won't go into that here BigSmile

Please continue to report your thoughts/feelings, for we are here to offer support and advice if possible. We love you sister Smile
Thanks for the suggestion.

My dyslexia is a lot better now compared to a year ago. I realized several months ago the reason is instead of reading I was scanning, which is what I used to do when my reading pattern was not messed up. So the more pressure I put on myself to return to my normal reading speed, the more scanning I do.

Now I am trapped in this finance honnour program, my subconscious is constantly blocking all the papers. I just start trying Win Wenger's image streaming technique to remove all the blockages and things are looking better now.