Bring4th

Full Version: life sucks and then it goes on and on...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what does someone do when they are stuck with no vision forward? this is my problem. i can't go if there's no road. i need to GO but where? there's nowhere.
Create a vision for fun then.
there's no fun in it. maybe that's the problem
While these are unpleasant times, they have huge potential. It sounds like you want to push forward but dont know in which direction because you're blocked. Maybe thats not what you want to hear, but when I've been in similar situations, it turned out there was something to get fixed first. Something you have to let got, breath through, accept, you name it...
I wouldnt do anything right now. Meditate, sleep, enjoy nature, give yourself a break.

tsh

thats a terrible feeling. try to write your thoughts down and what you'd like in your life.
I think you are saying you are looking for a sense of direction. In my view that can only be found within the self. Perhaps a time of inner work and seeking may be in order.
(07-04-2015, 05:15 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]there's no fun in it. maybe that's the problem

Well what's fun for you?
(07-04-2015, 04:48 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]what does someone do when they are stuck with no vision forward? 

I recently shared an experience where I hyperventilated following a scuba diving expedition in the Mediterranean. I put my head in the water to look at the bottom which I was told was 8 metres deep, but it appeared more like 80 metres deep. I threw up my head, ripped off the breathing mask and could not get enough oxygen no matter how fast I tried to breathe.

This moment represented to me the experience I had when I was 6 years old when I was held upside down over a balcony and suspended there looking at the concrete floor below. I didn't realise that at the time though.

So what did I do? 

The instructor/diving guide asked if I wanted to have another look. I calmed myself down repeating in my head 'Its only 8 metres its only 8 metres...' I said yes and looked at the bottom again only for the wide eyed fear to grab me again. I hyperventilated for the second time.
This time my instructor asked if I wanted to get back on the boat. This was where my true nature kicked in. "No f***ing way!" I said in my mind, and told him no, I will try again. The third time I made sure of focusing on my breathing pattern and to ignore what I saw below me. I did so successfully and after around 10 seconds the awesome beauty of the rocks and fish shoals scattered around below overpowered my sense of despair. I brought my head back up, gave my instructor the 'OK' hand signal and down we went. All I could see as we descended were the bubbles that came out of my breathing apparatus but I simply kept focus on my breathing rhythm. I had a brilliant time for 20/25 minutes thereafter!

So what did I achieve?

I faced a suppressed fear blueberrybellytickle (  Tongue ) and its the immediate challenge that awaits everyone who feels stuck in their lives. 

The hurdle looks high, the bar obscures our vision of what lies beyond it, yet once we attempt the first one, all of a sudden the rest are not so daunting. 

So I am not going to mince my words here friend. Rather I challenge you to look at what your fears are, which one can you awaken first? And what small steps can you take towards realising why they exist at all?

I grabbed mine by the metaphorical collar, gave it a headbutt and then threw it aside. Or you can simply talk with them for a while, get to know them a little, then when you feel sufficiently acquainted, let them know you are taking your power back!

Our minds can be a place of paradise or an enclosed prison...
Quote:"you don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

Give your shoulders a little shake to this song that the above quote comes from, turn it up and that's an ORDER!!!

Big  Heart my friend.
Sometimes you just gotta take the plunge!
(07-04-2015, 06:46 AM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you are saying you are looking for a sense of direction. In my view that can only be found within the self. Perhaps a time of inner work and seeking may be in order.

i done enough inner work and seeking for a 100 lifetimes. i need to start doing. i've never done
(07-04-2015, 06:47 AM)Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2015, 05:15 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]there's no fun in it. maybe that's the problem

Well what's fun for you?

art, animals, being alone, quiet, nature...

but none  of that gets me a living. i don't even have a country. i've moved around europe but i hate europe. stuck.
(07-04-2015, 06:54 AM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2015, 04:48 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]what does someone do when they are stuck with no vision forward? 

I recently shared an experience where I hyperventilated following a scuba diving expedition in the Mediterranean. I put my head in the water to look at the bottom which I was told was 8 metres deep, but it appeared more like 80 metres deep. I threw up my head, ripped off the breathing mask and could not get enough oxygen no matter how fast I tried to breathe.

This moment represented to me the experience I had when I was 6 years old when I was held upside down over a balcony and suspended there looking at the concrete floor below. I didn't realise that at the time though.

So what did I do? 

The instructor/diving guide asked if I wanted to have another look. I calmed myself down repeating in my head 'Its only 8 metres its only 8 metres...' I said yes and looked at the bottom again only for the wide eyed fear to grab me again. I hyperventilated for the second time.
This time my instructor asked if I wanted to get back on the boat. This was where my true nature kicked in. "No f***ing way!" I said in my mind, and told him no, I will try again. The third time I made sure of focusing on my breathing pattern and to ignore what I saw below me. I did so successfully and after around 10 seconds the awesome beauty of the rocks and fish shoals scattered around below overpowered my sense of despair. I brought my head back up, gave my instructor the 'OK' hand signal and down we went. All I could see as we descended were the bubbles that came out of my breathing apparatus but I simply kept focus on my breathing rhythm. I had a brilliant time for 20/25 minutes thereafter!

So what did I achieve?

I faced a suppressed fear blueberrybellytickle (  Tongue ) and its the immediate challenge that awaits everyone who feels stuck in their lives. 

The hurdle looks high, the bar obscures our vision of what lies beyond it, yet once we attempt the first one, all of a sudden the rest are not so daunting. 

So I am not going to mince my words here friend. Rather I challenge you to look at what your fears are, which one can you awaken first? And what small steps can you take towards realising why they exist at all?

I grabbed mine by the metaphorical collar, gave it a headbutt and then threw it aside. Or you can simply talk with them for a while, get to know them a little, then when you feel sufficiently acquainted, let them know you are taking your power back!

Our minds can be a place of paradise or an enclosed prison...

Quote:"you don't need eyes to see, you need vision"

Give your shoulders a little shake to this song that the above quote comes from, turn it up and that's an ORDER!!!

Big  Heart my friend.

Heart Heart Heart 

i love Faithless.

i don't know what i have to give. i guess i feel worthless. all i can give is my art. i feel art isn't appreciated on earth so i have no worth.
Heart  bluebell
Heart

thanks everyone. i realize that's where 'm stuck.
Well I can definitely feel with you in regards to art, I am in a similar boat.
Thank god for Wellbutrin. It gives me energy and helps my depression.
Our lives are a direct reflection of every choice we make, every day.  In any situation, we can find meaning and purpose - if that is the choice we make.

Man's Search for Meaning, by Viktor Frankl

The need to feel 'appreciated' comes from the ego.
(07-04-2015, 04:48 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]what does someone do when they are stuck with no vision forward? this is my problem. i can't go if there's no road. i need to GO but where? there's nowhere.

Don't try too hard Blu-gurl. More you stress or worry or become frustrated, less likely that your creative faculties work in flowing manner. 

My question: Do you want to move? Do you really want to go forward? If someone said you have to drop your dysfunctional image of yourself and liberate yourself from what you think is your personal impediment, can you let go? I see you chains, girl, and you keep it there. Heart
I feel the same way often. Sometimes I do simple things like go to the park just to be around people. Socialeyes Smile  It helps to just get together with others and see where things lead you. By being stuck in potentiality, nothing new will manifest. Stop thinkin and start makin moves! ..as Dave Chappelle would say.
(07-04-2015, 04:53 PM)metieta Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2015, 04:48 AM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]what does someone do when they are stuck with no vision forward? this is my problem. i can't go if there's no road. i need to GO but where? there's nowhere.

Don't try too hard Blu-gurl. More you stress or worry or become frustrated, less likely that your creative faculties work in flowing manner. 

My question: Do you want to move? Do you really want to go forward? If someone said you have to drop your dysfunctional image of yourself and liberate yourself from what you think is your personal impediment, can you let go? I see you chains, girl, and you keep it there. Heart

i don't believe it's an illusion.  Confused
(07-04-2015, 09:28 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2015, 04:53 PM)metieta Wrote: [ -> ]

i don't believe it's an illusion.  Confused

Going w/ the metaphor of being "stuck," what are you stuck in? If you were to paint a self-portrait of yourself being stuck, how would you be stuck... stuck in the mud? stuck in the toilet (lol jk that would be a nightmare for me)? chained? walled-in? Focusing on what's keeping you stuck might tell you what the problem is... as supposed to the problem being that you can't envision your future. So curious Nancy Drew like me wanna know what is this stuckness? Auto-correct corrects 'stuckness' to 'stickiness' lol damn you auto-correct.
well. i'm in a non-english speaking country. i can't stay here. but i have no idea where i should go. basically i'd like to find work. in what country? what work? i have no experience or references. i have this fantasy about hitchhiking until i find a farm that would hire a clumsy n00b as a farmhand. but this isn't a movie.
if i painted it i'd paint an alien at a crossroads with white mist covering where the roads lead
(07-04-2015, 10:45 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]if i painted it i'd paint an alien at a crossroads

I just remembered someone on this forum once said if you feel like you're at the end of some road, serve others and opportunities open. 

Alien on foreign land, so different from the earthling norm... Doesn't fit in. Can't feel like alien can do what earthlings do... so what can alien do to learn? But alien surely has talents earthlings don't have? 

oh nice hitchhiking... there are places in the US where you can work for room and board... like farming. 
alien have no talents. very clumsy. but alien could learn. no one teach alien. alien sad.
(07-04-2015, 10:52 PM)metieta Wrote: [ -> ]oh nice hitchhiking... there are places in the US where you can work for room and board... like farming. 

it's just harder in europe. Huh
http://www.wwoof.ie ? That's Ireland, I think you are living there?

Here is general where you can find any country http://wwoofinternational.org
What is suffering but heat? Passion. Intensity. Embrace the suffering as your dark partner. Let it wrap itself about you, pound through your veins, and drown in the intimacy of sparks crackling between you and all the things you fear. Instead of fleeing, court the powerful force of despair inside of yourself. Sink your teeth into the throat of the unseen sorrow that plagues you and turn it into the fuel of your strength. Fling yourself into the abyss of all the things that bleed within your heart, stand proudly before the devil at your threshold, and find all that would hold you back transmuted. A fire will rise up in you that can cut a path wherever you may seek one.

Splash

(07-04-2015, 10:59 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]alien have no talents. very clumsy. but alien could learn. no one teach alien. alien sad.

alien have alien talents. earthians clumsy some are. alien could teach.

alien teach/learning to listen and be listened to.

alien have alien talents.

to be alien self is the talent.

sad to glad.
(07-04-2015, 10:43 PM)Bluebell Wrote: [ -> ]well. i'm in a non-english speaking country. i can't stay here. but i have no idea where i should go. basically i'd like to find work. in what country? what work? i have no experience or references. i have this fantasy about hitchhiking until i find a farm that would hire a clumsy n00b as a farmhand. but this isn't a movie.

WWOOFing is popular in Europe. It's a great way to meet people and stay all over the place for free.
Pages: 1 2