Bring4th

Full Version: art censorship????????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(07-09-2015, 02:05 AM)Shemaya Wrote: [ -> ]We can heal the gender rift if we work together.

Onward and upward!

So much this. There are so many forces in the media and in society at large which are trying to turn the genders actively against each other, and nevermind how harmful that is to society in general. And it's been going on for decades. I personally tend to "blame" the post-WWII period for really starting it up, but it seems like things have largely just been getting more divisive ever since. Especially given how many people have found ways to get rich by telling people to blame the other gender for all their problems.

No, the problem is the a-holes in the media and in advertising who want to reduce the entire concept of the genders down to comic book stereotypes, in both directions. Frankly, I think it's largely the marketers who are to blame for driving wedges into families, setting husband against wife, and children against parents... just so they can sell more stuff to more "markets."

If anything, I think one thing the 21st Century is making abundantly clear is that gender roles CAN'T be pinned down. That there isn't, and can never be, an answer to the question "What is a Real Man/Woman?" It's whatever the individual chooses to be. And hopefully as more people come to realize that, we can stop having quite so many arguments that are based in gender-as-group-labeling rather than dealing with the individual people and their individual choices.

(I could probably rant for awhile on how much I dislike the stereotype of the "real man" from the 80s, and how damaging it is to males in general, but that's probably not appropriate at this moment... BigSmile)
Splash, I thought Minyatur's comment were pretty insightful, and could be helpful if received well. And he is not speaking of " other members". People come and go continually on this board, that is nothing new.

He really was just addressing you. If you don't want to take into consideration what he said that is your choice and option. Also, you are free to come and go as you wish on these forums, there is no commitment, it is totally voluntary. Only you can decide if you find value and community here.

I have popped in and out for years, and I like discussing spiritual and life topics, and reading what others write. And mostly observe myself, how I feel, how I react in my interactions here, also what responses I get back ( or not!) it really is a good place to help you understand yourself better Smile

Splash

(07-09-2015, 02:31 AM)Splash Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to make a parting request:

I have asked Mods to close my part of this thread - as once I leave I won't be able to reply to any more posts to or about me.

I understand the issues raised can still be discussed... but could members please hold off on anymore replies directed towards me or about me?

PLEASE

I'm waiting for a reply from mods to this situation in regard to closing this thread/or making a split thread (that they then close) and until then could members please understand - I've said my views, explained myself, and am leaving Bring 4th.

As I'm leaving once it can be organised I ask for no more replies towards me or about me.
is there anything special that happens with an account if a member just stops using the forum and move forward with their life without deactivating it?

Splash

(07-09-2015, 02:38 AM)Splash Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2015, 02:31 AM)Splash Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm waiting for a reply from mods to this situation in regard to closing this thread/or making a split thread (that they then close) and until then could members please understand - I've said my views, explained myself, and am leaving Bring 4th.

As I'm leaving (once Mods have time to deactivate/delete my account) I ask for no more replies towards me or about me.

(07-09-2015, 08:15 AM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]is there anything special that happens with an account if a member just stops using the forum and move forward with their life without deactivating it?

I don't think so Raz.  The account can remain unused, I would think.  The moderators seem pretty flexible about both deactivating and letting members create new accounts.  I have seen many accounts deactivated, and also people return with new accounts.
I can't remember who it was, but I do remember seeing a situation where a person had two accounts and a mod -I think it was Austin- basically said "pick one or the other, but you can't have two." And then he deactivated the one the user didn't want. Otherwise, yeah, in a standard forum like this people can just walk away from accounts and there's no difference.

Although it might have some auto-housecleaning service where it deletes accounts that haven't been accessed in (X) years. A lot of standard forum setups do that to keep the database trim.
My favourite quote from TLOO, my signature, is exactly what Raz so eloquently described.

It doesn't just mean that you're able to choose to love. It also means that in doing so, the moment is love. It is all around you. It IS you.

And when you remember that the moment is the infinite/eternal - wow. The power we each have to create, moment by moment, is unfathomable.
Wow Heart
Exactly. Love can be found in any moment, if one just decides to look for it. Smile
(07-09-2015, 08:24 AM)Splash Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2015, 02:38 AM)Splash Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2015, 02:31 AM)Splash Wrote: [ -> ]

As I'm leaving (once Mods have time to deactivate/delete my account) I ask for no more replies towards me or about me.

Sorry for actually replying to you but this is the 3rd time you post this.

I do think you have opened a window on a discussion to which other members have the right to discuss in-between themselves even if you do not want to partake in it.

Don't take everything that is done as a personal insult toward you, when I first saw this post I thought it was a tad unfair to read the conversation, feel compelled to have something to say and then being told that you can't.

I do think it is being discussed in a general manner which is not directed to you. (except this post) 

There is no war, there's just people talking.
Drama llama on the wander.
(07-09-2015, 11:04 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]My favourite quote from TLOO, my signature, is exactly what Raz so eloquently described.

It doesn't just mean that you're able to choose to love. It also means that in doing so, the moment is love. It is all around you. It IS you.

And when you remember that the moment is the infinite/eternal - wow. The power we each have to create, moment by moment, is unfathomable.

Namaste, the connection and reflection through these words was refreshingly just what I needed right now, so much intense energy's moving around in my life at the moment that I felt like I was starting to loose my footing there for a while... Thank you for reaching out a helping hand (consciously, subconsciously or superconsciously) ... I feel like I can stand strong and flexible in the wind of change by my self again  Smile Heart

(07-09-2015, 12:14 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for actually replying to you but this is the 3rd time you post this.

I do think you have opened a window on a discussion to which other members have the right to discuss in-between themselves even if you do not want to partake in it.

Don't take everyrhing that is done as a personal insult toward you, when I first saw this post I thought it was a tad unfair to read the conversation, feel compelled to have something to say and then being told that you can't.

I do think it is being discussed in a general manner which is not directed to you. (except this post) 

I was going to just let it slide out of respect, but the re-post after mine really made me feel like I´m walking on egg shells in this thread so I´m really glad you brought it up. Also everybody under an alias here is essentially totally anonymous, if not present at the forum we cant talk about each other so much as about the combination of symbols some unknown person have shared. It´s not like we send a copy of our passport displayed for all to see.

Who is Raz?
[Image: anonymous.jpg]
Likewise dear fellow!

Your post has drilled down into the roots of my mind, and its been working its magic at fundamental levels :¬)

I've boiled it down to two words; assume love. So profound!

In all the balancing I do, it's predominantly myself offering love. I remember hearing Carla say "If there isn't love in the moment, add it yourself". That struck a deep chord in me. Such a powerful mantra to live by.

Assume love - or expect love - is another. With a full belief that love is to be expected around any corner or in any circumstance (coupled with one's intention to always offer love), the potential synchronicity/manifestation/alignment/balancing it offers is incredible!
This is awesome BigSmile  Got me inspired in to putting this together!

[Image: Assume-love-expect-love_zps0hlh6yav.jpg]
Perfect :¬)
(07-09-2015, 06:11 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2015, 11:04 AM)Namaste Wrote: [ -> ]My favourite quote from TLOO, my signature, is exactly what Raz so eloquently described.

Namaste, the connection and reflection through these words was refreshingly just what I needed right now, so much intense energy's moving around in my life at the moment that I felt like I was starting to loose my footing there for a while... Thank you for reaching out a helping hand (consciously, subconsciously or superconsciously) ... I feel like I can stand strong and flexible in the wind of change by my self again  Smile Heart

(07-09-2015, 12:14 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for actually replying to you but this is the 3rd time you post this.

Don't take everyrhing that is done as a personal insult toward you, when I first saw this post I thought it was a tad unfair to read the conversation, feel compelled to have something to say and then being told that you can't.

I was going to just let it slide out of respect, but the re-post after mine really made me feel like I´m walking on egg shells in this thread so I´m really glad you brought it up. Also everybody under an alias here is essentially totally anonymous, if not present at the forum we cant talk about each other so much as about the combination of symbols some unknown person have shared. It´s not like we send a copy of our passport displayed for all to see.

Who is Raz?
[Image: anonymous.jpg]

The face on your avatar?
Good luck in finding that face IRL! And how can you even be sure it´s my face? I could technically still be a 14 year old Japanese girl located in Oklahoma using an anonymous ip server in Sweden posing as a 34 year old guy with an avatar I found on Facebook. You will NEVER truly KNOW, Muahahaha! BigSmile
(07-09-2015, 08:19 PM)Raz Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck in finding that face IRL! And how can you even be sure it´s my face? I could technically still be a 14 year old Japanese girl located in Oklahoma using an anonymous ip server in Sweden posing as a 34 year old guy with an avatar I found on Facebook. You will NEVER truly KNOW, Muahahaha! BigSmile

Ha-ha. I always try to keep that in mind, so I don't get too judgemental. One way or the other, we're all playing characters out here, which might be more or less like how we see ourselves in real life. It's just one more refraction of our true selves, and never a perfect representation. Our online personas can even become a way for viewing ourselves in a new light!
'drama llama' ?

*facepalm*
Pages: 1 2 3 4