Bring4th

Full Version: [split] Obtaining Animal Blood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
High five to fellow vampires! Animal blood is strictly regulated around here, so things like blood pudding are pretty difficult to make. I usually just go with very rare steaks.

I really need to learn how to bow hunt. Then I could get everything fresh.
(07-11-2015, 03:47 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]High five to fellow vampires! Animal blood is strictly regulated around here, so things like blood pudding are pretty difficult to make. I usually just go with very rare steaks.

I really need to learn how to bow hunt. Then I could get everything fresh.

Really? Bow hunt? I hope if you do you have a good aim. Think of the suffering you would cause otherwise. I am aware that the alternative is prettily packaged meats in the grocery store. And if freshness is the priority, then I suppose waiting for the dead animal to be be transported from the slaughterhouse to the packing plant and then to the market would throw a wrench in that. 

It sounds romantic to relate consuming the blood of animals with being a vampire, since in today's society vampires are so popular. If that's what blows your skirt up (to no one in particular) I guess free will supports you.

Doesn't anyone in this thread care about the animals? Perhaps, but there seems to be a singular lack of reverence for life other than human. 

It may be requested that no vegetarians give their opinions here on the consumption of animal blood, but too bad. 
(07-11-2015, 05:54 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't anyone in this thread care about the animals? Perhaps, but there seems to be a singular lack of reverence for life other than human. 

It may be requested that no vegetarians give their opinions here on the consumption of animal blood, but too bad. 

While I'm not a blutwurstian myself, I'd kindly ask you not to bring the veggie war over here.

This is about blood and its consumption. Physical and metaphysical. Which I think is an interesting and refreshing topic.

And yeah, its animal blood, but do you want them to crave for human blood???
(07-11-2015, 06:16 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]While I'm not a blutwurstian myself, I'd kindly ask you not to bring the veggie war over here.

This is about blood and its consumption. Physical and metaphysical. Which I think is an interesting and refreshing topic.

Consuming blood cannot be separated from the fact that a sentient being had to die, in order to get their blood.

You can choose to interpret that any way you like, but I'm just stating a fact.

(07-11-2015, 06:16 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]And yeah, its animal blood, but do you want them to crave for human blood???

Sure, why not?
(07-11-2015, 06:16 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]While I'm not a blutwurstian myself, I'd kindly ask you not to bring the veggie war over here.

And yeah, its animal blood, but do you want them to crave for human blood???

I am not bringing any war to this thread, only my opinion of the content, which I found to be lacking in compassion for life and some posts cavalier about it. Or is that not allowed in an open forum? Should there be segregated threads? Or should there not be any opposing opinions or observations to what is posted? 

Human or animal blood—what is the difference? To me, there isn't any, except that consuming human blood would be considered cannibalistic. 

(07-11-2015, 05:54 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds romantic to relate consuming the blood of animals with being a vampire, since in today's society vampires are so popular.
Doesn't anyone in this thread care about the animals? Perhaps, but there seems to be a singular lack of reverence for life other than human. 

The definition of vampire is one who steals the life force from another being against their will. Of course, that would preclude any concern about the victim.

Sounds pretty STS to me.

Although Ra is unabashedly STO-biased, apparently B4 isn't.

(07-11-2015, 06:30 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Consuming blood cannot be separated from the fact that a sentient being had to die, in order to get their blood.
Sure!

(07-11-2015, 06:30 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]You can choose to interpret that any way you like, but I'm just stating a fact.
I'm not interpreting, just following a thread.

(07-11-2015, 06:30 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Sure, why not?

You prefer them to kill each other? I dont know about that... Not very loving  Heart
(07-11-2015, 06:42 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]You prefer them to kill each other? I dont know about that... Not very loving  

I prefer that no one kill anyone. But what I prefer doesn't matter. I was just saying, what's the difference between killing an animal and killing a human? Why should it matter whether it's animal blood or human blood?
(07-11-2015, 06:42 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]You prefer them to kill each other? I dont know about that... Not very loving  Heart

How is it loving to kill an animal? 
(07-11-2015, 06:32 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Should there be segregated threads?
Yup, thats what threads are for! Different topics. Not every thread is a vegan thread  Tongue

(07-11-2015, 06:32 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Or should there not be any opposing opinions or observations to what is posted? 
No! Not in this thread! The OP explicitly asked for it! Which you obviously couldn't handle...

You're more than free to open another thread about STS vampires  Angel
(07-11-2015, 06:50 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]No! Not in this thread! The OP explicitly asked for it! Which you obviously couldn't handle...

I can't tell you how many times I politely asked everyone to refrain from posting insults on the meat/veg threads, but they did anyway.
(07-11-2015, 06:52 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2015, 06:50 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]No! Not in this thread! The OP explicitly asked for it! Which you obviously couldn't handle...

I can't tell you how many times I politely asked everyone to refrain from posting insults on the meat/veg threads, but they did anyway.

That's not cool either! So is this some kind of revenge here?
(07-11-2015, 06:55 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]That's not cool either! So is this some kind of revenge here?

No, not at all. I'm simply saying that it's common for people to post in threads as they wish, despite the OP's request. All discussions are open to anyone.

Diana's and my comments were all relevant to the conversation. This is, last I checked, a Law of One discussion forum. Presumably, all topics are subject to discussion in the light of Law of One concepts. Our comments were in alignment with Law of One principles and in fact were attempts to spiritualize the conversation. That's allowed.
(07-11-2015, 06:50 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]You're more than free to open another thread about STS vampires  

What other kind is there?

(07-11-2015, 06:58 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]No, not at all. I'm simply saying that it's common for people to post in threads as they wish, despite the OP's request. All discussions are open to anyone.

Diana's and my comments were all relevant to the conversation. This is, last I checked, a Law of One discussion forum. Presumably, all topics are subject to discussion in the light of Law of One concepts. Our comments were in alignment with Law of One principles and in fact were attempts to spiritualize the conversation. That's allowed.

LOL it is revenge... you complain and do the same... not very mature, nor STO, nor in alignment with the Law of One Tongue
(07-11-2015, 06:42 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]You prefer them to kill each other? I dont know about that... Not very loving  

Surely you aren't suggesting that killing an animal is loving...are you?

Why bring the 'vegan/meat' drama here, then? Use Community Relationship & make a new thread.

Blu was very sick when I first met her in 2012 and now she found something that worked for her. She found something that helped her and she's happy, we're happy. 
(07-11-2015, 06:50 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2015, 06:32 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Should there be segregated threads?
Yup, thats what threads are for! Different topics. Not every thread is a vegan thread  Tongue

(07-11-2015, 06:32 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]Or should there not be any opposing opinions or observations to what is posted? 
No! Not in this thread! The OP explicitly asked for it! Which you obviously couldn't handle...

You're more than free to open another thread about STS vampires  Angel

The point of discussion is to discuss. I don't have to be vegan, nor does the thread have to be a vegan thread, in order for me to respond to what I perceive as a lack of compassion or respect for life. 

The OP can ask for anything, but that does not mean I will agree to comply with that request. What would be more honorable in your opinion: to run and tattletale to the mods about a thread or to stand up and speak your truth?

I can handle anything. What I won't do is be dictated to. I have no desire to open a thread expressly to put down those into vampires. I don't spend my time on such things. But I will stand up in defense of certain concepts within a forum dedicated to growth of consciousness.  
(07-11-2015, 07:03 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Surely you aren't suggesting that killing an animal is loving...are you?

My dear Monica, if I would have wanted to discuss this, I would have posted in the vegan thread. Which I didnt do Tongue
(07-11-2015, 07:08 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]The OP can ask for anything, but that does not mean I will agree to comply with that request.

And still you're talking about STS/STO...
(07-11-2015, 07:06 PM)metieta Wrote: [ -> ]Blu very sick when I first met her in 2012 and now she found something that worked for her. She found something that helped her and she's happy, we're happy. 

Many years ago, I was very sick, and started eating meat again for a short time, out of desperation. In my case, it didn't help at all. But even if it had, I would never have relished the idea of killing animals. It would have been something I did temporarily, while continuing to search for a nonviolent alternative. Even when I ate meat, I knew it was harming sentient beings and didn't try to gloss over that or delight in it.
(07-11-2015, 07:12 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]And still you're talking about STS/STO...

Actually I'm the one talking about STS/STO. Dominating a sentient being to the point of stealing their lifeforce and killing them is overtly STS, no?
(07-11-2015, 07:14 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2015, 07:12 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]And still you're talking about STS/STO...

Actually I'm the one talking about STS/STO. Dominating a sentient being to the point of stealing their lifeforce and killing them is overtly STS, no?

Well... thats still not the topic of this thread Tongue

Going on with these arguments is derailing the thread what I dont think is your primary focus here... so please
(07-11-2015, 07:06 PM)metieta Wrote: [ -> ]Why bring the 'vegan/meat' drama here, then? Use Community Relationship & make a new thread.

Blu was very sick when I first met her in 2012 and now she found something that worked for her. She found something that helped her and she's happy, we're happy. 

The thread subject itself includes meat/blood of animals. I brought no drama here. The subject was introduced, and I responded with my opinion.

That's fine that Bluebell is better. But do you think it's appropriate to canvass this subject with so little compassion for the life taken? And then to cavalierly talk about being vampires? I'm not trying to squash playfulness, but we are talking about animals who have suffered greatly to provide that blood for a human.

Some may view me as some sort of enemy here, or stepping on their free will toes. All I am doing is interacting in a community of those who claim to be of higher densities—or who aspire to them—which must include compassion, that I perceive a lack of it.
(07-11-2015, 07:08 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]My dear Monica, if I would have wanted to discuss this, I would have posted in the vegan thread. Which I didnt do

You did, however, say (in this thread) that killing humans for their blood isn't loving. So my question is valid: Do you, then, think killing animals for their blood is loving?

(07-11-2015, 07:21 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]I brought no drama here.
Well, it didnt show up by itself Tongue

(07-11-2015, 07:21 PM)Diana Wrote: [ -> ]...which must include compassion, that I perceive a lack of it.

So true! I also perceive a lack of compassion... especially for other members...
(07-11-2015, 07:23 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-11-2015, 07:08 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]My dear Monica, if I would have wanted to discuss this, I would have posted in the vegan thread. Which I didnt do

You did, however, say (in this thread) that killing humans for their blood isn't loving. So my question is valid: Do you, then, think killing animals for their blood is loving?

No its not a valid question, because you are trying to force people into admitting their cruel behavior. And since you're the STO/STS expert... tell me whom does this confession serve most...
(07-11-2015, 07:31 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]So true! I also perceive a lack of compassion... especially for other members...

Right. Not having compassion for those who hurt others is definitely worse than hurting others!
(07-11-2015, 07:38 PM)Cosmo23 Wrote: [ -> ]No its not a valid question, because you are trying to force people into admitting their cruel behavior.

LOL! The idea that anyone could force anyone to do anything on an internet forum is...well, silly.  Tongue
(07-11-2015, 07:48 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]LOL! The idea that anyone could force anyone to do anything on an internet forum is...well, silly.  Tongue

Exactly :-) Thats why you should stop doing it :-)
Pages: 1 2