Bring4th

Full Version: Obtaining Human Blood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The subject of vampires just came up. I'm just wondering if we have any real-life vampires among us.

The idea of vampirism has been glorified in movies and popular culture. Do you think Hollywood depictions of vampires are accurate?

Why is there such a fascination with vampires? What is the spiritual significance of blood? Of stealing the lifeforce of another being? And how is this done in a socially acceptable way? Is it possible to do it in a spiritually acceptable way?

So, vampires, how do you get your blood? And I'm curious: Is it really about the blood only? Or is there more to it? Just what is the appeal?

And, in an effort to lighten up a heavy, bloody topic, here are some awesome songs for your enjoyment:

AFI - Exsanguination

AFI Live

Further musings:

Does it matter whether the blood is 'fresh' ie. from a living person, or 'freshly obtained' from a recently deceased person?

I've heard of 'ethical' vampires who consume blood only from willing donors. Personally, I see nothing inherently wrong with that. Hey, whatever floats your boat!

But that isn't really vampirism, as I understand it. Although vampirism has been glorified in the movies, they tend to portray it as a caricature; ie. mainly about the blood itself. If it's only about blood, then any blood will do, including blood from willing donors.

But, in my understanding, esoterically, vampirism has more to do with dominance of another entity. Hence, the sexualizing of Hollywood vampires, since it's all about lower chakra interaction and overpowering another entity against their will.

Therefore, my question to you vampires is: Is it really just about the blood to you? If a willing donor offers blood, without any emotional charge, and it's all light and fluffy, does that satisfy? Or, is part of the appeal the acquisition of said blood? Is the real appeal the dominating or even killing of an UNwilling prey?

What I'm getting at is: Is this an mutually beneficial exchange between 2 willing parties, or is it a case of the vampire preying on a victim?

And, does that matter?
There are books written about energy vampires. In this case, they prey upon victims and steal their energy. It's stealing because the victim usually isn't even aware that it's being done. Taken to an extreme, they can literally suck the lifeforce from their prey.

In the case of energy vampires, it isn't even about blood at all. It's about dominating their prey and sucking out their lifeforce.

What do you think about this? Is there a distinction between this and just drinking a physical substance from a willing donor?

And, what do you think is the difference between dominating an animal, to the point of stealing their lifeforce, to the point of stealing their life itself, vs. dominating a human prey, who doesn't know you're doing it to them?

What type of energy exchange is this? It it a contracting energy or a radiating energy?

And, why do you feel you must take energy from another being at all?

[Image: 89saKU2.png]
Blood represents power, power gives freedom. Dominance isn't actually the goal, it is just a means to an end. The goal is power and freedom. I think nearly everyone has some vampiric tendencies, its easy to do unconsciously.

The reason people pursue freedom in that way is varied I'm sure. I think for most it offers a sense of strength over life which is attractive to those who have suffered. For others, it is something which feels natural, perhaps some connection to the primal drives.

Another side of me considers it might be one of the ways the archetype of the 'Hunter' or predator found its place in society as agriculture became the norm. Hence it may be an outlet for one of our primal nature that no longer has a regular output of expression.
I would mention that it's not all one way, particularly in the energy department. The majority of 'energy vampires' don't strictly absorb energy, they do end up using that energy. Some vampires also feed on other vampires.
(07-16-2015, 01:36 PM)Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Blood represents power, power gives freedom. Dominance isn't actually the goal, it is just a means to an end. The goal is power and freedom. I think nearly everyone has some vampiric tendencies, its easy to do unconsciously.

The reason people pursue freedom in that way is varied I'm sure. I think for most it offers a sense of strength over life which is attractive to those who have suffered. For others, it is something which feels natural, perhaps some connection to the primal drives.

Another side of me considers it might be one of the ways the archetype of the 'Hunter' or predator found its place in society as agriculture became the norm. Hence it may be an outlet for one of our primal nature that no longer has a regular output of expression.

Very wise and perceptive words.

And yet, we are here on B4 presumably to explore evolving past, or having already evolved past, being a 3D human. Freedom, I imagine, would be a very different concept in a 4D, 5D, 6D and beyond existence. 
Depends what side you are pursuing freedom on. Remember one of the whole fundamentals of the Law of One philosophy is that there two paths and that both are valid to engage in.

I actually don't think the concept of freedom changes but rather the understanding of freedom advances. It is conceptualize to a finer degree. Sure, we can talk about being "more than human", but anyone who has done a simple study of mythology can see that "more than human" doesn't necessarily at all mean being beyond emotion, bias and identity. Take a look around at the stories of deities and demi-gods and you will quickly see that very few of them are "flawless". Even Jesus harmed a boy and was a martyr, the Buddha was a severe ascetic before he found enlightenment, Krishna was a bit of a thief and killed demons, etc.

Tell me, what does it mean to be 'more than human'? (This is actually one of the fundamental questions of the Order of the Golden Dawn.)
(07-16-2015, 02:26 PM)Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]Tell me, what does it mean to be 'more than human'? (This is actually one of the fundamental questions of the Order of the Golden Dawn.)

To me, being "more than human" would be to recognize that all life is sacred and not just human life. That human life is equal to any other life. This is not a simple subject. I breathe, therefore I ingest microbes and kill them. That doesn't mean I don't respect the lives of microbes. But when it comes to choice, I hope my choices are not based on an elite attitude that humans are more important than everything else.
So to you "more than human" is just a philosophy and the behaviours that follow?
(07-16-2015, 02:49 PM)Farseer Wrote: [ -> ]So to you "more than human" is just a philosophy and the behaviours that follow?

I don't have any answers. I recognize that no matter how much we know, there will always be a bigger picture and more input. 

Since you brought up The Order of the Golden Dawn and that the question was put by them, what do you think "more than human" is?
Ah, answers are but stepping stones to new questions. Sometimes you have to step back from questions and answers themselves and begin to see the massive canyon your stream of questions and answers have been carving over many years. It may be surprising.

That's a challenging question. In the context of the Golden Dawn I believe it means to become more aware of your total self. They frame it in the sense of getting in contact with and then embodying the inner genius, or higher self, thus elevating oneself to a increasingly expansive state of awareness in consciousness. Thus, I think their concept is actually more in line with what you are suggesting, an elevation of perspective to being more inclusive of all those things around oneself.

My definition, personally, is a little different however (although perhaps some Golden Dawn magicians would agree with me). I believe in actual transmutation of the soul, even possible in a human vehicle. I believe the human vehicle is capable of increasing its frequency to accept greater degrees of light and by this method one can literally mutate (or transmute) themselves (mutation is the mode of motion in evolution, in my opinion) in to higher states of bodily being. The advantage of doing that from here, in a physical body, as opposed to simply dwelling in a higher body is that the bridge is built and both higher and lower are brought in to contact with eachother. This is the difference between having a wonderful idea and creating that wonderful idea in the physical.

Thus, I will tell you in the most obvious way possible, I believe humans being "asleep" are demi-gods and goddesses whom have gone behind the veil of themselves to discover something. What we are learning that we are discovering is more phenomenal, magical and magnificent than we could ever have imagined.

Unlike most people who think in this vein I am a little extreme, I believe it is possible to do this in life, in a body, living and breathing. I believe this is actually the natural way for things to occur and is a natural part of evolution. I think that in the past we all lived like that but this plan was devised so that we could discover something. I think what we wanted to discover was our complete nature. The only way to do that is to explore it in all of its possible parts and relationships.

I believe that the philosophy of just focusing on material life, of 'not worrying about getting there', of 'everything happens automatically' and the like are actually negative philosophy duds circulated to stifle curiosity, fervor and the intensity of seeking. I think that the "just stay grounded" philosophy is also one of these (not always) in that it is something which is often used to avoid 'hard work' in consciousness. I think philosophies that focus themselves on comfort, and "letting it be" are pseudo-positive philosophies which lead people away from deep questioning and hard penetration of one's veils.

I think being "more than humans" means taking conscious responsibility for the will and how it is used. It is choosing to create your life, rather than just living it. I don't mean in the positive path vs negative path kind of way either, I mean becoming a co-Creator. The paths are just vehicles to this.
Beautifully put, Farseer. 
The subject of vampires just came up. I'm just wondering if we have any real-life vampires among us.
I'm not a vampire (I don't drink blood or try to psychically drain people) but I do understand the thirst and cravings associated it.

The idea of vampirism has been glorified in movies and popular culture. Do you think Hollywood depictions of vampires are accurate?
No. They're idiots.

Why is there such a fascination with vampires?
Because people are idiots.

What is the spiritual significance of blood? Of stealing the lifeforce of another being?
Blood is life/power. To steal is to control, to control is to have power.

And how is this done in a socially acceptable way? Is it possible to do it in a spiritually acceptable way?
You could but it would follow a completely different philosophy. It probably wouldn't be very effective.

Does it matter whether the blood is 'fresh' ie. from a living person, or 'freshly obtained' from a recently deceased person?
Depends on the emotional charge of the blood. If the person is tortured or drugged, or just a naturally vibrant helathy person it would be good. (Like a milk-cow, they can be reused)
For some victims their energy would feel stronger if they were tortured to death. Then the blood would be saturated with a different sort of energy. This would be better for people who were energetically weak. (Like a meat-cow, it's a one-time thing)

I've heard of 'ethical' vampires who consume blood only from willing donors. Personally, I see nothing inherently wrong with that. Hey, whatever floats your boat! But that isn't really vampirism, as I understand it. Although vampirism has been glorified in the movies, they tend to portray it as a caricature; ie. mainly about the blood itself. If it's only about blood, then any blood will do, including blood from willing donors.
It's still an energy exchange but for "positive exchanges" there are easier ways/more effective methods.

But, in my understanding, esoterically, vampirism has more to do with dominance of another entity. Hence, the sexualizing of Hollywood vampires, since it's all about lower chakra interaction and overpowering another entity against their will.
Therefore, my question to you vampires is: Is it really just about the blood to you? If a willing donor offers blood, without any emotional charge, and it's all light and fluffy, does that satisfy? Or, is part of the appeal the acquisition of said blood? Is the real appeal the dominating or even killing of an UNwilling prey?

The blood is a stong medium of energy transfer. The most important part is to receive the energy. The "killing" would just be a method to energize the blood with an emotional charge.

What I'm getting at is: Is this an mutually beneficial exchange between 2 willing parties, or is it a case of the vampire preying on a victim?
This is a stupid question. Of course it's about predator/prey.

And, does that matter?
No.

There are books written about energy vampires. In this case, they prey upon victims and steal their energy. It's stealing because the victim usually isn't even aware that it's being done. Taken to an extreme, they can literally suck the lifeforce from their prey. In the case of energy vampires, it isn't even about blood at all. It's about dominating their prey and sucking out their lifeforce. What do you think about this? Is there a distinction between this and just drinking a physical substance from a willing donor?
It depends on the persons ability. If you can gain just as much power "psychically" and with less consequences you might as well just do that.

And, what do you think is the difference between dominating an animal, to the point of stealing their lifeforce, to the point of stealing their life itself, vs. dominating a human prey, who doesn't know you're doing it to them?
You can get more energy from an animal because you can inflict more trauma versus the person who is unaware.

And, why do you feel you must take energy from another being at all?
I don't. It would just be very very satisfying if I allowed myself to.
What part of you would that be satisfying?
Unimportant.
I disagree and think that's avoidant, but I understand your disinclination.
(07-16-2015, 03:48 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, answers are but stepping stones to new questions. Sometimes you have to step back from questions and answers themselves and begin to see the massive canyon your stream of questions and answers have been carving over many years. It may be surprising.

That's a challenging question. In the context of the Golden Dawn I believe it means to become more aware of your total self. They frame it in the sense of getting in contact with and then embodying the inner genius, or higher self, thus elevating oneself to a increasingly expansive state of awareness in consciousness. Thus, I think their concept is actually more in line with what you are suggesting, an elevation of perspective to being more inclusive of all those things around oneself.

My definition, personally, is a little different however (although perhaps some Golden Dawn magicians would agree with me). I believe in actual transmutation of the soul, even possible in a human vehicle. I believe the human vehicle is capable of increasing its frequency to accept greater degrees of light and by this method one can literally mutate (or transmute) themselves (mutation is the mode of motion in evolution, in my opinion) in to higher states of bodily being. The advantage of doing that from here, in a physical body, as opposed to simply dwelling in a higher body is that the bridge is built and both higher and lower are brought in to contact with eachother. This is the difference between having a wonderful idea and creating that wonderful idea in the physical.

Thus, I will tell you in the most obvious way possible, I believe humans being "asleep" are demi-gods and goddesses whom have gone behind the veil of themselves to discover something. What we are learning that we are discovering is more phenomenal, magical and magnificent than we could ever have imagined.

Unlike most people who think in this vein I am a little extreme, I believe it is possible to do this in life, in a body, living and breathing. I believe this is actually the natural way for things to occur and is a natural part of evolution.
I think that in the past we all lived like that but this plan was devised so that we could discover something. I think what we wanted to discover was our complete nature. The only way to do that is to explore it in all of its possible parts and relationships.

I believe that the philosophy of just focusing on material life, of 'not worrying about getting there', of 'everything happens automatically' and the like are actually negative philosophy duds circulated to stifle curiosity, fervor and the intensity of seeking. I think that the "just stay grounded" philosophy is also one of these (not always) in that it is something which is often used to avoid 'hard work' in consciousness. I think philosophies that focus themselves on comfort, and "letting it be" are pseudo-positive philosophies which lead people away from deep questioning and hard penetration of one's veils.

I think being "more than humans" means taking conscious responsibility for the will and how it is used. It is choosing to create your life, rather than just living it. I don't mean in the positive path vs negative path kind of way either, I mean becoming a co-Creator. The paths are just vehicles to this.

Well said! I agree 100%! with all of it, but especially the bold parts.
(07-16-2015, 04:05 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]What is the spiritual significance of blood? Of stealing the lifeforce of another being?
Blood is life/power. To steal is to control, to control is to have power.

Indeed.

(07-16-2015, 04:05 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]The most important part is to receive the energy. The "killing" would just be a method to energize the blood with an emotional charge.

And what is taking place here, energetically?

(07-16-2015, 04:05 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]What I'm getting at is: Is this an mutually beneficial exchange between 2 willing parties, or is it a case of the vampire preying on a victim?
This is a stupid question. Of course it's about predator/prey.

Of course.

(07-16-2015, 04:05 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]And, does that matter?
No.

Really? It doesn't matter?

(07-16-2015, 04:05 PM)Karl Wrote: [ -> ]And, what do you think is the difference between dominating an animal, to the point of stealing their lifeforce, to the point of stealing their life itself, vs. dominating a human prey, who doesn't know you're doing it to them?
You can get more energy from an animal because you can inflict more trauma versus the person who is unaware.

I hadn't thought of that. This brings up some serious implications then.