Bring4th

Full Version: Love & Forgiveness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For many years as I'd encounter life issues and more, I'd go into deep isolation. I saw it like I should not bother/subject others with my issues/myself. I should not be around others until I feel better. I should go through it all alone, and I should try to deal with it all myself. I would retreat into like a self-made island like shell away from everyone, internally. I would not talk to those I care deeply about for a long time sometimes much less be around them.
I would distance myself from being close to those I love out of fear of loss, betrayal, and them hurting me.
I would also distance myself from being close to those I love out of fear I would hurt them in any way.
This hurt others and myself.
Sometimes I would go as far as to think I should externally run away and leave everyone behind.
All of this as if I was saving people from my presence.

As time passed this grew to be very separative and harmful to myself/others. I kept being shown that I needed to get support from outside of my individual self. Me trying to go through this alone was very bad for my well-being and others' well-being.
I resisted that for a long time, and then finally realized if I want to get through my issues in the best way for myself/others I really do need that support from outside myself.

I realize now that I really need catalysts and support.
I feel many may share this dilemma.
Self forgiveness (forgiving ourself), forgiving others, and others forgiving ourself.
A lack those three forms of forgiveness has been ruining my life. It has been hurting me so deep to the point of deepening attraction to suicide.
It's weird for me to say this in a forum...
I suppose something within me wants me to break out of this limit/shell.
I suppose this is just my soul deeply calling for help so I can heal instead of building wounds if not worse.

I am intending to start a thread on forgiveness.
I suppose I want to get to know true love.
Gratitude seems relevant to bring up here too
I love your signature : "For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union."

Smile

I do think forgiveness is important, to me forgiveness provided me with the ability to be well in being unwell.

I've been grateful for my own sufferings, perceiving it as love and being able to love.
Hello Dear Mysteryunveils,

Topic of “Forgiveness” is something I’m aware of, but currently I’m uncertain how to approach or to apply it. Therefore I’m not “an optimal Being” to aid You in this regard. However, I do hope other Beings on this Forum will assist You – and me as well – in better understanding of how to apply Forgiveness.

In my current, dry, intellectual understanding, there are following steps to achieve “Forgiveness”

1. To Perceive wholeness of any given situation that includes situations/events/Beings that are connected with Our guilt and/or Our hurtfulness.
2. To understand all aspect of given situation/event/Being – and Self with relations to “them”.
3. To accept the nature of given situation/event/Being – through Understanding, which can be deepen during Contemplations
4. To Forgive Self and Other-Selves – through Acceptance and Understanding.

Those are my thoughts regarding this topic. Beyond that, I can only offer You quotes of Ra in context of “Forgiveness”:

Quote:18.7
Questioner: You stated yesterday that forgiveness is the eradicator of karma.
I am assuming that balanced forgiveness for the full eradication of karma
would require forgiveness not only of other-selves but also the forgiveness of
self. Am I correct?

Ra: I am Ra. You are correct. We will briefly expand upon this
understanding in order to clarify.

Forgiveness of other-self is forgiveness of self. An understanding of this
insists upon full forgiveness upon the conscious level of self and other-self,
for they are one. A full forgiveness is thus impossible without the inclusion
of self.

Quote:26.27-28
Questioner: Can you describe the mechanism of the planetary healing?

Ra: I am Ra. Healing is a process of acceptance, forgiveness, and, if possible,
restitution.
The restitution not being available in time/space, there are many
among your peoples now attempting restitution while in the physical.

Questioner: How do these people attempt this restitution in the physical?

Ra: I am Ra. These attempt feelings of love towards the planetary sphere
and comfort and healing of the scars and the imbalances of these actions.

Quote:34.3
Questioner: Thank you. Would you define karma?

Ra: I am Ra. Our understanding of karma is that which may be called
inertia. Those actions which are put into motion will continue using the
ways of balancing until such time as the controlling or higher principle
which you may liken unto your braking or stopping is invoked. This
stoppage of the inertia of action may be called forgiveness. These two
concepts are inseparable.

Questioner: If an entity develops what is called karma in an incarnation, is
there then programming that sometimes occurs so that he will experience
catalysts that will enable him to get to a point of forgiveness thereby
alleviating the karma?

Ra: I am Ra. This is, in general, correct. However, both self and any
involved other-self may, at any time through the process of understanding,
acceptance, and forgiveness, ameliorate these patterns. This is true at any
point in an incarnative pattern.
Thus one who has set in motion an action
may forgive itself and never again make that error.
This also brakes or stops
what you call karma.

Quote:40.13
Questioner: Then you are saying that cancer is quite easily healed mentally
and is a good teaching tool because it is easily healed mentally and once the
entity forgives the other-self at whom he is angry the cancer will disappear.
Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is partially correct. The other portion of healing has to do
with forgiveness of self and a greatly heightened respect for the self.
This
may conveniently be expressed by taking care in dietary matters. This is
quite frequently a part of the healing and forgiving process. Your basic
premise is correct.

Quote:52.7
Questioner: Am I correct, then, in assuming that discipline of the
Personality
, knowledge of self, and control in strengthening of the will
would be what any fifth-density entity would see as those things of
importance?

Ra: I am Ra. In actuality these things are of importance in third through
early seventh densities. The only correction in nuance that we would make
is your use of the word, control. It is paramount that it be understood that
it is not desirable or helpful to the growth of the understanding, may we
say, of an entity by itself to control thought processes or impulses except
where they may result in actions not consonant with the Law of One.

Control may seem to be a short-cut to discipline, peace, and illumination.
However, this very control potentiates and necessitates the further
incarnative experience in order to balance this control or repression of that
self which is perfect.

Instead, we appreciate and recommend the use of your second verb in
regard to the use of the will. Acceptance of self, forgiveness of self, and the
direction of the will; this is the path towards the disciplined personality
Your faculty of will is that which is powerful within you as co-Creator. You
cannot ascribe to this faculty too much importance. Thus it must be
carefully used and directed in service-to-others for those upon the positively
oriented path.

There is great danger in the use of the will as the personality becomes
stronger, for it may be used even subconsciously in ways reducing the
polarity of the entity.

I hope Other-Selves will Share how They were able to achieve “Forgiveness” or how to effectively “Walk that Path” (as “Forgiveness” is a process – not a “singular event”).

All I have Best in me for You
Everyone will come to an understanding of this subject differently, so let me share my perspective.

For me, learning to forgive - both myself and others - was learning to let go of that which I thought should be, or should have been. To forgive you need to presuppose error, for if there is no error, what is there to forgive? So, from my point of view, forgiveness is also acceptance. And as Ra said, there are no mistakes.
I thank y'all for being kind enough to reply. I am still pondering y'all's responses and this subject.  I will be replying in more depth soon to what has been said. I have some more to share like one of my experiences with forgiveness, and perhaps I might share experiences that have been bubbling this week within the subjects in my initial posting. Peace all. :]
Beautifully articulated! Thank you for sharing that. It really spoke straight to my gooey heart center.
Do you feel empowered or disempowered, dear sister?

Do you feel worthy of divine love?

Do you see those within yourself?
Here I was thinking about starting a thread on self-forgiveness and it had already kicked-off. We are never alone in our queries/lessons!
I find it easy to forgive others, but forgiving myself is a completely different animal. I was a drug addict for many years and there were many things I persecuted myself for. The big one was neglecting my boyfriend at the time who went to prison. Three years ago I cleaned up and got married just months before he was released. When I sobered up I realized that I needed to forgive myself, he had forgiven me, now I had to forgive myself.
My thought patterns/distortions were very strong, I perceived the situation very specifically/narrowly. Like ruts in a road, my thought patterns on the subject sucked me in. 'I am a terrible person' , 'I caused him so much pain' , 'I do not deserve redemption'. I was so used to those thoughts I actually believed them to be true. Beating myself up was how I answered these distortions.
Changing these perspectives took time. But as Ra famously said 'The source of all distortion is the limit of viewpoint'
It was helpful for me to zoom out, see two beings on a planet, learning their lessons and following their own paths. I needed to accept the experience for what it was. Persecuting myself was not productive, I needed to integrate the experience in order to move on. I really like what TheFifty9Sound said about it:
(07-15-2015, 08:08 PM)TheFifty9Sound Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone will come to an understanding of this subject differently, so let me share my perspective.

For me, learning to forgive - both myself and others - was learning to let go of that which I thought should be, or should have been. To forgive you need to presuppose error, for if there is no error, what is there to forgive? So, from my point of view, forgiveness is also acceptance. And as Ra said, there are no mistakes.

Presuppose the error! Brilliant.
I even find that typing out my little story to be helpful. Put it out there and let it go. Holding on to things is like holding your breath.