Bring4th

Full Version: Benevolent Dictator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can a benevolent dictator or king or ruler ever be STO?

What about like the dalai lama?
I, of course, think that it is possible. The only thing is that the STS forces would be working overtime to smear this person's possible impact on history. So it would be hard to know what was true or not about this person. This is especially true since a dictatorship has a negative connotation in people's mind, so half the work is done from the perspective of STS.

As far as the Dalai Lama, I heard that he's been compromised by the CIA. But, then again, I haven't done any real research into this, so it would be something to look into. This information is almost hearsay.
Yeah there have been a few throughout history, it's not unheard of. I don't think the Dalai Llama would take it though, I think his interest is beyond politics. I believe a benevolent monarchy to be the most likely to produce a positive society, next to true brother/sister-hood.
(07-17-2015, 04:30 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Can a benevolent dictator or king or ruler ever be STO?

What about like the dalai lama?

I guess it would depend on the means by which he maintained his authority position.

Most 'monarchs' usually have people that disagree, and also want the throne.  How does such an individual respond to those individuals?

are people free to leave his kingdom?  are people free to enter his kingdom?
A dictator is someone who enslaves other against there will or rather tricks a group of people or society through fear to freely give up freewill to feel safe. I don't believe a dictator could be truly STO however one could certainly appear to be STO while creating the mentioned conditions thus being STS.
Actually if you look dictator used to be a neutral word. It was just because of a lot of tyrants that the word dictator took on negative connotation.
(07-20-2015, 01:21 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Actually if you look dictator used to be a neutral word. It was just because of a lot of tyrants that the word dictator took on negative connotation.

Yeah, our term Dictator comes from a position in the Roman Republic.

When the republic faced a crisis the consuls would elect a dictator who had absolute authority. Once the crisis was averted or their term was up the dictator was to relinquish power back to the senate and the consuls.

There are a few examples of dictators who the Romans saw as virtuous. For example Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus was a former consul of the Republic who had fallen on hard times and was working at his family's farm to make ends meet. The Romans were threatened by invasion from rival tribes and elected Cincinnatus to defend Rome. He managed to defeat the invaders within two weeks and immediately resigned the position and returned to his farm.

The dictator position went out of use for a while before being revived by Sulla as a way to seize power. Later Julius Caesar proclaimed himself dictator for life, transforming the Republic of Rome into an empire.
[/history nerd]
Oh boy, I guess I kind of started the dictator thing then, my bad. To be fair, I was fairly convinced I had the favour of the gods.
(07-20-2015, 02:15 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Oh boy, I guess I kind of started the dictator thing then, my bad. To be fair, I was fairly convinced I had the favour of the gods.

That you Jules? Who's to say you didn't have their favour?
(07-20-2015, 02:24 PM)Spaced Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-20-2015, 02:15 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Oh boy, I guess I kind of started the dictator thing then, my bad. To be fair, I was fairly convinced I had the favour of the gods.

That you Jules? Who's to say you didn't have their favour?

Trust me, I know them well, it was frustrating for them. Although, the Moirai weave all this stuff together but no one ever seems to blame them...