Bring4th

Full Version: Utilizing One's Dreams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ra has some good material on the nature of dreams, and how to best approach them.

I've found the Dreaming Activity to be invaluable on my own spiritual journey; I pair it up with Meditation as two consistent ways to access the resources of the unconscious for personal/spiritual development.

Here's just a gathering of Dream-related Ra quotes.

Dream Recall can be sharpened:

"Ra: I am Ra. You must realize that we are over-generalizing in order to answer your queries as there are several sorts of dreams.

However, in general, it may be noted that it is only for a trained and disciplined observer to have reasonably good recall of the dreaming. This faculty may be learned by virtue of a discipline of the recording immediately upon awakening of each and every detail which can be recalled. This training sharpens one’s ability to recall the dream.

The most common perception of a mind/body/spirit complex of its dreams is muddied, muddled, and quickly lost."

Part of this is paying proper attention.  What you pay attention to has a greater presence (and hold) in consciousness.

Dream Vocabulary:

"Ra: I am Ra. There is what might be called a partial vocabulary of the dreams due to the common heritage of all mind/body/spirit complexes. Due to each entity’s unique incarnational experiences there is an overlay which grows to be a larger and larger proportion of the dream vocabulary as the entity gains experience."

We do have a common set of symbols (let's say archetypal mind, or social mind of being on this planet), but we start having a personal relationship to symbols.  The same symbol could represent variant things for different individuals.

Contact and Inspiration:

The Trance state is akin to sleeping, in that the conscious mind is at rest.  Clearer information (less distorted) can come through when the conscious mind isn't constantly tampering with the inputs that are being offered to it.  Hence during sleep, we can be influenced by other entities, in accordance with the type of deep seeking we are doing.

Quote:"14.26 Questioner: When you contact the entities in their dreams and otherwise, these entities, I assume, have to be first seeking in the direction of the Law of One. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct. For example, the entities of the nation of Egypt were in a state of pantheism, as you may call the distortion towards separate worship of various portions of the Creator. We were able to contact one whose orientation was towards the One."

This influence is done without need for claiming of a source.  What is important is the response (positive) to an entity's seeking:

Quote:Ra: I am Ra. We have used channels such as this one, but in most cases the channels feel inspired by dreams and visions without being aware, consciously, of our identity or existence. This particular group has been accentuatedly trained to recognize such contact. This makes this group able to be aware of a focal or vibrational source of information.

- -

Repetition of Lower Level Catalyst:

"In one who is blocked at two of the three lower energy centers dreaming will be of value in the polarization process in that there will be a repetition of those portions of recent catalyst as well as deeper-held blockages, thereby giving the waking mind clues as to the nature of these blockages and hints as to possible changes in perception which may lead to the unblocking."

Doing Work in Consciousness:

"As a mind/body/spirit complex consciously chooses the path of the adept and, with each energy center balanced to a minimal degree, begins to open the indigo-ray energy center, the so-called dreaming becomes the most efficient tool for polarization, for, if it is known by the adept that work may be done in consciousness while the so-called conscious mind rests, this adept may call upon those which guide it, those presences which surround it, and, most of all, the magical personality which is the higher self in space/time analog as it moves into the sleeping mode of consciousness. With these affirmations attended to, the activity of dreaming reaches that potential of learn/teaching which is most helpful to increasing the distortions of the adept towards its chosen polarity."

As I said in my introduction, I pair Dreaming with Meditation activities in terms of their inherent capability of utilizing the unconscious resources.

For someone seeking towards unity (indigo ray energies), the dream state can be specifically utilized for positive service interactions.  

"Also upon the list of significant veiled functions of the mind would be that of dreaming. The so-called dreaming contains a great deal which, if made available to the conscious mind and used, shall aid it in polarization to a great extent."

Polarization is about the ability to use catalyst to accept (integrate) portions of Creation, and acknowledge it is as being 'self', ie all part of the One.  With greater acceptance comes the greater ability to serve, as one cares for other selves as you would care for aspects of one's one body, an analogy that Ra made in an unrelated reply.

- -

All in all, both these activities of Dreaming and Meditation are rather undervalued by our current society.

When put to applied use, they can be exceptional in providing guidance and direction (and feedback) as to where we are in life, and where we are going on that particular day.
Wow that's a lot to read. My dreams are simple. Either military dreams or around a bunch of post-apocalyptic toilets.
Perhaps you should play a bit less Fallout, Gemini? Wink

But no, seriously, I had a similar problem for a long time. I kept having dreams that were all, basically, either movies or video games in terms of "plot." They got to be really draining. The odd thing was, I'd actually have fourth wall-breaking "pull outs" where the POV would pull back, and I'd actually be playing a game or watching a movie within the dream, which was the dream I was having. I think it was a distancing thing, since otherwise a lot of them would have been really scary.

After I made contact with my higher selves, actually, one of the first things I asked is if they'd help me tone down the dreams somewhat. They got less dark pretty much overnight. Although they're often still pretty dark. It's one thing I'm working on how, and trying to tone them down enough I could potentially make more direct contact to my higher selves through them. I know they've tried to reach me a few times, but I haven't had enough control to make it work out.

(Since I'd spent years with my dreams being an endless rerun of sci-fi flicks and zombie games and soforth, I got used to being fairly passive in them and just letting them happen. I never developed the knack for lucid dreaming.)
My dreams are all over the shop normally.
I've tried Ra technique to sharpen dream recall by writing it all down when I wake up.

I will share with you all my meaningful results :

21-07-2015
No dream

22-07-2015
No dream

23-07-2015
No dream

24-07-2015
No dream
(07-24-2015, 03:47 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]I've tried Ra technique to sharpen dream recall by writing it all down when I wake up.

I will share with you all my meaningful results :

21-07-2015
No dream

22-07-2015
No dream

23-07-2015
No dream

24-07-2015
No dream

I can attest from experience that what Ra says works—to write down even key words or just impression (did you wake up refreshed, anxious, happy, etc.; it doesn't matter why)—exercises your dream recall. Four nights isn't enough practice. Think of it like a muscle—it takes a period of time before you see results from exercising it.

Drugs get in the way, too. 

It has been proven, in a lab setting, that people who think they don't dream actually do every night. That is not to say we all fit into a box.
Dreams not only get sharper with practice and conscious attention, they begin to become more real over time, and then you get to the point where they become more real than the physical world, and then you will begin experiencing some *serious* reality confusion...  

Not recommended if you have psychological issues.  Your mileage may vary.  Then again, it could also help your psychological issues so I guess you have to play it by ear.

False awakenings are especially disconcerting when you were sure you were in the physical.  
I knew of a lady who got splinters from a glass table because she shifted realities for a moment, and brushed her hands across the "temporary" wooden table.
Hmm, interesting. At the part where they mention blockages in the lower triad and catalyst in dreams... I wonder for myself if the reason I don't remember dreams much because I am fairly balanced in these centers. However, I have had recurring dreams that take place on a ferry, so maybe that relates to one of those centers.
an endless sea of limitless potential  ZZzz
According to my friend Kelly, who wrote Keys to Unlocking Your Inner Power, dreaming is a function that connects the lower mind to the higher minds. You can "clean up" your connection and have a more direct link to higher consciousness. 

Certainly many scientists have gotten messages of importance through dreaming. Good dream recall (coupled with tightening up your life and getting more clear of human dramas) seems as though it would be a great source of information. 
Great post. I sometimes ask for guidance in dreams before sleep, but from this point onwards, I shall utilise my guides and higher self on a nightly basis :¬)
Dream logic is so screwy. Nothing makes sense.
(07-27-2015, 03:49 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Dream logic is so screwy. Nothing makes sense.

That's because dreams aren't logical, they are symbolic.
Is everything in time/space symbolic?

When we're on the other side, will we review our life symbolically?
Q'uo says it's good to even view our 3D life symbolically, and interpret the events and things we see as if we were in a dream. I think basically it's all symbolic and that's why logic fails us so often.
(07-28-2015, 11:41 AM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Q'uo says it's good to even view our 3D life symbolically, and interpret the events and things we see as if we were in a dream. I think basically it's all symbolic and that's why logic fails us so often.

Well this is a dream, it's just heavy and very coherent.

There's more symbolism in 3D life than in dreams in my opinion, dreams are to help you figure out the bigger dream.
(07-28-2015, 11:11 AM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Is everything in time/space symbolic?

When we're on the other side, will we review our life symbolically?

Only when you view it through the eyes of form is it symbolic. Even the physical world is symbolic of the nonphysical subjective energy currents at its heart.

If anything you'll finally see your life non symbolically. You'll see the raw undercurrents of subjective energy that manifested all outward appearances and events in your life. You'll understand why and how things happened the way they did.

The symbols you see in dreams are simply your mind's attempt to translate the subjective energy currents into physically understandable terms.
I'm really eager to do work in consciousness with sleeping and dreams.  I have been trying the FILD method for lucid dreaming for a few days now but nothing so far.  I feel so tired that I can't move my fingers as the technique suggests.  I would write down my dreams but they are often so utterly random and demented that I don't really know how.  Maybe writing down feelings and impressions is a good place to start as some have suggested on this thread.  With practice, I wonder just how 'real' dreaming can get and the opportunities and experience it can provide.
(07-29-2015, 02:58 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really eager to do work in consciousness with sleeping and dreams.  I have been trying the FILD method for lucid dreaming for a few days now but nothing so far.  I feel so tired that I can't move my fingers as the technique suggests.  I would write down my dreams but they are often so utterly random and demented that I don't really know how.  Maybe writing down feelings and impressions is a good place to start as some have suggested on this thread.  With practice, I wonder just how 'real' dreaming can get and the opportunities and experience it can provide.

I don't know what technique you have used but from what you're saying I think I know what's stopping you.
your mind shouldn't be tired when you attempt to induce sleep paralysis..
(07-29-2015, 02:58 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really eager to do work in consciousness with sleeping and dreams.  I have been trying the FILD method for lucid dreaming for a few days now but nothing so far.  I feel so tired that I can't move my fingers as the technique suggests.  I would write down my dreams but they are often so utterly random and demented that I don't really know how.  Maybe writing down feelings and impressions is a good place to start as some have suggested on this thread.  With practice, I wonder just how 'real' dreaming can get and the opportunities and experience it can provide.

One powerful way to induce lucid dreams is to lay down at night and close your eyes and relax your body, and then imagine that you are already in a fully conscious lucid dream.  It will be incredibly vague at first, but stick with it, and keep noticing more and more details, and hold the awareness that you are awake inside of a dream already.  Practice this consistently and you will lead to a WILD or wake induced lucid dream.

At first you will be only able to sustain a simple day dream.  But over time, you will deepen into full on trance state/sleep state/dream state/other reality.  Your body will automatically relax as your focus is taken away from it, just like when you go to sleep at night.  The only tricky part is remembering it, because when you are done with the lucid dream, your body will be tired and relaxed and you will be tempted to go right back to sleep, likely obliterating the memories of your success.

This technique is simple and direct, and cuts through 90% of the BS you will weigh yourself down with trying to learn this art.