Bring4th

Full Version: Dishonesty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can one honestly claim to care for another when they refuse to acknowledge the existence and legitimacy of their ENTIRE scope of hopes, desires and needs?

Can one honestly claim to care for another when they say some people deserve a certain level of care and others do not?

Can one honestly claim to care for another when they say a person deserves full acknowledgement only when they have earned it through unnecessary hardship?

I cannot.

It's one thing to give a PHILOSOPHY of care but to give a full SCIENCE of care one must start observing the entirety of a person's beingness, NOT A PICTURESQUE IDEAL OF WHAT A PERSON OUGHT TO BE LIKE.

As long as we cling to our ideals of what we prefer people to be and not what they are in the present moment, we will always fight.

With this said I am going to live closer to people emotionally and physically, closer to nature emotionally and physically, so I can directly serve rather than pretend to serve as our Northern Hemisphere often so does: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a3...an-island/
I do agree but bear in mind that it is hard to live closer to others emotionally and physically. So don't necessarily expect everyone to do it either.

Like you said, we shouldn't expect how others ought to be but we can only work on that for self.
Yep, that's why I decided against an ascetic lifestyle so I could be with people more. (Not that there is anything wrong with an ascetic lifestyle.)
(07-25-2015, 02:44 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, that's why I decided against an ascetic lifestyle so I could be with people more. (Not that there is anything wrong with an ascetic lifestyle.)

There are cultures that accept ascetics as their own and not as an "other." In India, Japan, etc.
Moving to be closer to nature was the best decision I ever made! Good luck!!

Moving to be closer to people well, that's a lifelong practice, good luck & godspeed to all of us lol
(07-25-2015, 02:35 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]As long as we cling to our ideals of what we prefer people to be and not what they are in the present moment, we will always fight.

That's the very heart of acceptance, the truest and least distorted interpretation of acceptance, right there in bold.
(07-25-2015, 03:10 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-25-2015, 02:44 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, that's why I decided against an ascetic lifestyle so I could be with people more. (Not that there is anything wrong with an ascetic lifestyle.)

There are cultures that accept ascetics as their own and not as an "other." In India, Japan, etc.

I'm just happy the woods are only a few steps away where I live. Smile
If only I were completely wise I could generate catalyst of being with others honestly on my own, yet one may as well create people even then.

I desire to be in a community where I can improve its position by MEANINGFUL, great, personal communication; Not encourage stagnation.

I had a dream last night where I was gently knocking over all the desks, shelves of the government buildings I went to, in an attempt communicate in a way that mattered.

I will now integrate in a small community to experience the catalyst of effective communication without the struggle of forced isolation as the above paragraph would bring.
Well done, you mad filthy adept.
Cause and Effect.
(07-29-2015, 11:35 AM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]If only I were completely wise I could generate catalyst of being with others honestly on my own, yet one may as well create people even then.

I desire to be in a community where I can improve its position by MEANINGFUL, great, personal communication; Not encourage stagnation.

I had a dream last night where I was gently knocking over all the desks, shelves of the government buildings I went to, in an attempt communicate in a way that mattered.

I will now integrate in a small community to experience the catalyst of effective communication without the struggle of forced isolation as the above paragraph would bring.

Effective communication is your own responsibility. I don't say this lightly. It's not easy at all, and one of the reasons I continue here—to develop effective communication on my part. To wish for a community of people who are in alignment with you totally is understandable, but not practical here in 3D, in my experience. 

I endeavor to stay focused on my self and my thoughts and actions, and not on what is seemingly unfair in the world. For my part, I have accepted that I am isolated in certain ways, but what of it? When I am with people, I endeavor to connect. None of it is easy.

I do think you are on the right track by putting yourself out there. In isolation, it is far easier to judge. 
Does communication exist without two or more parties involved? Is self-communication similar to communication with others? We can see that interestingly communication comes very linguistically close to 'communion'.
(07-29-2015, 06:43 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]We can see that interestingly communication comes very linguistically close to 'communion'.

And community.
(07-25-2015, 02:35 PM)Adonai One Wrote: [ -> ]Can one honestly claim to care for another when they refuse to acknowledge the existence and legitimacy of their ENTIRE scope of hopes, desires and needs?

Can one honestly claim to care for another when they say some people deserve a certain level of care and others do not?

Can one honestly claim to care for another when they say a person deserves full acknowledgement only when they have earned it through unnecessary hardship?

I cannot.

It's one thing to give a PHILOSOPHY of care but to give a full SCIENCE of care one must start observing the entirety of a person's beingness, NOT A PICTURESQUE IDEAL OF WHAT A PERSON OUGHT TO BE LIKE.

As long as we cling to our ideals of what we prefer people to be and not what they are in the present moment, we will always fight.

With this said I am going to live closer to people emotionally and physically, closer to nature emotionally and physically, so I can directly serve rather than pretend to serve as our Northern Hemisphere often so does: http://www.cosmopolitan.com/lifestyle/a3...an-island/

I am very much with you on this Adonai. This is something I have spent much time pondering, so I will share the conclusions I currently rest upon.

Something that I observed in myself and others, was that there was a tendency to "tolerate" others, rather than "love another as yourself". I saw this very much within Christianity. To "tolerate", at least in my understanding, suggests simply putting up and shutting up about something you do not like, or do not harmonize with. "Oh I don't like him very much, but I tolerate him" or "I'm very tolerant of people of other faiths".

When doing this in interactions with other-selves, most of our energy goes into maintaining the tolerance, rather than offering love. Whilst I recognise that one may try and do this out of good intentions, is it of love for the other, or love of keeping the peace? I do not know. I suppose it must vary.

And further, my definition of love is this - Recognising yourself in the other. How could one do this if they see no commonality between themselves and the other?

The Dalai Lama offered the most useful advice I have encountered that speaks to this end. He says that when he meets another person, inevitably the other person will have obvious differences - Buddhist / Christian, Man / Woman, Young / Old etc - but these are not the things he looks at. When he meets another person, the first thing he recognises is that they are a human being and desire the same basic things he does - to be loved and free from suffering. From here, he can relate to anyone, no matter which walk of life they may come from. They have common ground.

Whilst this does not mean one accepts an entire persons beingness (which is difficult work, even for those who are awake), it at least it provides a platform we can build upon, and a channel for love to flow.

So to bring it back around to your point, I don't think I can ever honestly claim to care 100% of the time - I fail at this just as much as the next person - but in trying to remember to see a reflection of myself in all other selves, I can honestly say I use this method to cultivate compassion as best I can.
Thank you 59Sound for the info on the Dalai Lama. I could do better in my giving of love to others.

Though I love myself wholeheartedly no matter what happens.