Bring4th

Full Version: Opening the red ray
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a member of this group, I'd like to point a finger to one of our most under discussed energy points: The red-ray energy center. Collectively, I think we struggle with a lot of depression - many people here have attempted suicide or sincerely contemplated it for extended periods, many of us use intoxicating substances to alter our reality, and in general the type of personality who visits internet forums is one that dabbles in avoidance, whether it be procrastination or substituting online forum interactions for face-to-face interactions (ones that require us to be in our body to participate in). Also many of us deal with being at level near or below poverty, which creates all sorts of survival issues in our minds. A lot of us deal with being tired often. A lot of us have dealt with periods of being "sickly". All of these "faults" apply to me, as well, and while I wouldn't exactly call them faults per se, I do think these actions and situations are indicative of a red ray that is not fully open, and a desire to avoid involvement with the dirty 3D mess.

In fact, even Ra speaks more about the 2-5th energy centers than the first. Let's get some quotes and put into context what Ra says about the red ray:

Quote:The basic pivotal points of each level of development; that is, each density beyond second, may be seen to be as follows: Firstly, the basic energy of so-called red ray. This ray may be understood to be the basic strengthening ray for each density. It shall never be condescended to as less important or productive of spiritual evolution, for it is the foundation ray.

So any other ray is only as strong as the red ray energy that supports it.

Quote:49.6 Questioner: What process would be the recommended process for correctly awakening, as they say, the kundalini and of what value would that be?

Ra: I am Ra. The metaphor of the coiled serpent being called upwards is vastly appropriate for consideration by your peoples. This is what you are attempting when you seek. There are, as we have stated, great misapprehensions concerning this metaphor and the nature of pursuing its goal. We must generalize and ask that you grasp the fact that this in effect renders far less useful that which we share. However, as each entity is unique, generalities are our lot when communicating for your possible edification.

We have two types of energy. We are attempting then, as entities in any true color of this octave, to move the meeting place of inner and outer natures further and further along or upward along the energy centers. The two methods of approaching this with sensible method are first, the seating within one’s self of those experiences which are attracted to the entity through the south pole. Each experience will need to be observed, experienced, balanced, accepted, and seated within the individual. As the entity grows in self-acceptance and awareness of catalyst the location of the comfortable seating of these experiences will rise to the new true-color entity. The experience, whatever it may be, will be seated in red ray and considered as to its survival content and so forth.

Each experience will be sequentially understood by the growing and seeking mind/body/spirit complex in terms of survival, then in terms of personal identity, then in terms of social relations, then in terms of universal love, then in terms of how the experience may beget free communication, then in terms of how the experience may be linked to universal energies, and finally in terms of the sacramental nature of each experience.

So we first perceive each experience as how it factors into our survival. My paycheck was low, will I be able to afford food/rent? I have a fever, could it be something terrible? I don't think I can function today, maybe I need (x subtance) to help me get by... these sorts of thoughts are the first ones we think upon a situation when we have an imbalance in the root chakra.

Grounding oneself in reality and remembering that we are here in this illusion to be and do, and to love it as-is, is important. IMO one of the reasons I use marijuana is because I desire to alter the reality that I jumped into - at the core, my body isn't outputting the chemicals I desire and the the world isn't reflecting what I want to see. So I have a smoke, and it's fixed. I feel the same way about most chemical substances we ingest. Oh look, caffeine, makes me have more energy and makes the time go by faster! Booze, that sweet numbness and forgetting that comes with a warm buzz. Sugar, it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy and cared for! We use these chemicals to help facilitate an active root chakra but they are often symptoms of what is already underactive.

Another subject I want to talk about is attempts and thoughts of suicide. These are extremely painful and scarring situations that are not healed quickly in an incarnation. When one desires very strongly to leave their vehicle, the universe will offer opportunities for that. If you change your mind at the last minute, you are allowed that prerogative, but you have to make it back up to the self you almost abandoned. As a society on the whole, we neglect our physical vehicles, so forgoing the extra love and healing needed after serious contemplation of death is quite detrimental. Carla seriously desired death at a young age, and that catalyst (dancing with death) repeated itself ad infinitum over her lifetime.

Mostly, fear originates in the red-ray (survival), so if we have feelings of fear (exhibited by avoidance), we are likely worried about our survival. Fear of death, or fear of lack of comfort, fear of failure. Fear is like the offswitch for the chakra-pipe. Like when a vocalist gets nervous before performing, and their throat closes up so all that comes our are little squeaks. That's what happens when the red ray gets shut off - very little energy can push through any higher.

I think the modern computer is a huge contributor to this phenomenon. Often when we are at the computer, we consciously use only very few of our physical senses (sight and sometimes sound) and very little of our body (hands). The rest of evacuates into cyber space to participate there. It's thrilling and fun, but it is very important to interact with the 3D world in our bodies as well, as that is what we came here to do. The more time we spend disconnected from our physical vehicle the more difficult it is to ground ourselves. It's like any exercise or skill, it must be honed and practiced and balanced. We've spent much of our lives practicing being out of our bodies and communicating in cyberspace, so learning to embrace and accept physical vitality and power on the earth plane is the lesson.

There are so many little things that are important to taking care of our physical vehicle and creating a healthy red-ray. Things like grooming oneself (not for the end goal of physical beauty but physical comfort and health), taking care of the Earth (picking up trash and whatnot, the red-ray energy comes directly from the earth so our perception of that energy is analogous to our relationship to the planet), eating foods that are objectively nourishing, healthy physical exertion in a nature setting (like nature walks or gardening) are very basic but necessary and unfortunately easily avoided and ignored in our modern styled lives.

If anyone has any other insights or tips into how to balance the red ray, please add your thoughts! I have another thread planned that's sort of a companion to this one, too. I'm ready to get serious about balancing those red-ray energy centers and embracing our illusion!
To me Red ray is really obvious. If you have a roof over your head, food in your belly , water to drink and don't suppress your sexual energy then its all good and well.

In my understanding Red Ray blockage is Death. I think wanting to end an incarnation or feeling depression has its roots in reaction to Orange/Yellow ray catalyst that are being rejected and thus lowering of the vibrations to Red Ray. I think the answer would then be to balance out Orange/Yellow Ray catalyst rather than anything directly in Red Ray.
I definitely agree, until that depression reaches down far enough that interaction in all areas of life becomes suppressed to the point where one desires to stop participating. I don't mean to say that all depression is purely red-ray but much can be alleviated with red-ray therapy.

But I do believe it is more nuanced than having food and water and shelter, in the moment. It simplifies down to that but most people worry about buying food next week or paying rent next month, worrying about things that will happen in the future. Not to mention, if the quality of food/water/shelter is low, issues of survival still factor in.
For me, at the end of the day, what is really causing the blockage is not any particular situation, but our thoughts about it, which are what block or allow any particular energy through our chakra system.

When you feel fear, the fear is a result of focusing on what could go wrong.  It is entirely natural to do so, and it never does any good to beat yourself up for feeling it.  Emotions arise in response to focus, or thought.    I'm probably more guilty of this than anyone.  But that same time, focusing on what could go wrong, what is going wrong, what has gone wrong, only serves to perpetuate activation of a a vibration of lack.

Red ray is the basic strengthening ray for each density because is not only the energy of vitality, it is the energy of physical manifest reality itself.  In positive manifestation, it acts as a strengthening encouraging force of vitality.  In negative manifestation (blockage), it feels just the opposite: the feeling of impending doom, death, and fear.

It is not easy to balance when you are facing terrifying conditions in the outside world, but it at the same time, is extremely important that you do since your thoughts are what are congealing and eventually solidifying into your external experience.

I can't overstate the value of repeated focused visualization.  I like to lay down, relax my mind and body to the place in between waking and sleeping, and use it to refocus my train of thought.  If you are focused on a fearful set of conditions in your life, change the picture.  Focus on how you want it to be.  See how that feels, feel the feelings that you would feel, if you were living it.  Hold onto that feeling, and attempt to live in that feeling rather than the feeling of insecurity.  It takes a lot of practice, because it is easier to keep thinking in patterns you're used to, rather than patterns you are not used to.  You have to fall in love with the image in your mind, which will keep you culling out new and new details about it.  Pretend you are someone who knows exactly how to improve/fix your situation, and imagine what actions they would take to do it.  It takes time to "get into character".  But it will align you with new possibilities.

But most balancing boils down to this: what am I currently, in this moment, focusing on?  How does it make me feel?  Does it feel bad?  Does it feel good?  

If it feels bad, you want to center your attention on the other side of the spectrum until you find a resonance/identification with it.  You'll know when because you won't feel bad anymore. You'll find that you don't have to be living the full manifestation of your desires to feel the peace of it, you just have to turn in the direction of it, and you will feel the resistance just drop away.
Problem is, I don't know if I really want my red ray open or not. Often I get depressed. But I can't open green ray if my red ray is closed.
That's a good point and an honest thing to admit Gem. I think it's akin to taking the leap, like The Fool - we do it when we incarnate, and we have to do it over and over again when we are confronted with fear. Sometimes we retreat and let the fear get the best of us, and that's okay, because sometimes we need to rest even while we are incarnate.

Remembering all the things in our 3D lives that make us happy can help, a lot.

You could play with red-ray visualizations, to start, to see how they feel. Just picture it glowing and rotating, get it moving, and see if it feels good or bad. Then go from there.
Last night I woke up in the middle of the night gasping for air when I inhaled. I could barely get air through and tried coughing like 4 or 5 times before my throat cleared. I'm not sure if that was a red-ray issue.

The way it happened I'm surprised I was able to clear my throat. I was confronted with possible death and all I could think about was taking a breath. I don't know if that goes back to all the times I wanted to depart.
A nice read. I have a lot of the aforementioned issues. I've been working with some success in resolving them.
(08-04-2015, 06:21 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Last night I woke up in the middle of the night gasping for air when I inhaled. I could barely get air through and tried coughing like 4 or 5 times before my throat cleared. I'm not sure if that was a red-ray issue.

The way it happened I'm surprised I was able to clear my throat. I was confronted with possible death and all I could think about was taking a breath. I don't know if that goes back to all the times I wanted to depart.

That is probably red-ray. Fear of death is red-ray, especially when we muddle it up with an attitude that embraces death. But being in the throat, too, was probably acting on a blockage there, as well. There were times Carla had trouble breathing when she was being greeted.

If you want, I'm not versed in formal healings but I can offer to send some of my energy your way, that sounds like a scary experience. You could also try to remember to set your intentions to do a chakra clearing with your guides before you fall asleep, which might help. If you have intentions to work on distortions through dreams, remember to invoke your protective guidance.
1. Nourishment of your thought energies
2. Nourishment by eating
3. Nourishment by the sexual system (Union of positive and negative)
4. Nourishment taken in by the senses (Self in relation to the self)
5. Nourishment taken in by the solar plexus (Work; Polarity)
6. Nourishment taken in by the pineal gland (Spirit development)
7. Nourishment taken in by the frequency channels (Activities tuning the frequency of self; Telepathic antimatter communication; Emotion; Parallel time/space alignments; Synchronicity)
8. Through the vibratory nourishment; Work in vibration; Summation of your movement in the universe
Quote:removed quoted text

I suppose I don't have a lot of work that I've done recently with red-ray sexuality, but let me draw back on my past to see what I can come up with for you....

Firstly, if you want something so badly (ie a relationship with another) I've really found nothing better than "letting go" of the idea, moving on, forgetting about it, and then letting it pop back up to surprise you. Most of my life I was a serial monogamist so I would date someone 6months-1 year+, we'd break up and I'd be devastated, and almost the instant I decided "I'm great, I'm fine, let's be single for a while!" someone else irresistible would pop up in my life that I couldn't say no to. I think the primary thing most people who desire a relationship have in common is a lack of acceptance and love for the self. If you self loathe, or constantly have a refrain in your head that you're not good at talking to women and have no luck, people pick up on that. Nobody wants to be in a relationship with someone who has low self esteem or is desperate.

Focusing on what you don't have just keeps reinforcing that status quo. I think other red-ray therapies *may* alleviate some of the sexuality issues, but that's hard to say. Wanting someone to love but being unable to find them is a tough situation to be in. Make that person your self. Self love, self acceptance, and self worth are absolutely key, though. Cultivating those in spite of the lack of sexual interaction.
Does balancing and opening the Red Ray , mean you have to have an active sex life?
I think sex & balancing the red ray means being okay with the sexual lifestyle you are experiencing, even if that's none. What happens then with the sexuality being off balance in the red is that it leads to the other blockages in orange and yellow. So if you're all jumbled up in the lower rays, or your partner is, sexual experiences are not going to be satisfactory, anyway.

Quote:The first energy transfer is red ray. It is a random transfer having to do only with your reproductive system.

The orange- and the yellow-ray attempts to have sexual intercourse create, firstly, a blockage if only one entity vibrates in this area, thus causing the entity vibrating sexually in this area to have a never-ending appetite for this activity. What these vibratory levels are seeking is green-ray activity. There is the possibility of orange- or yellow-ray energy transfer; this being polarizing towards the negative: one being seen as object rather than other-self; the other seeing itself as plunderer or master of the situation.

In third* ray there are two possibilities. Firstly, if both vibrate in third* ray there will be a mutually strengthening energy transfer, the negative or female, as you call it, drawing the energy from the roots of the beingness up through the energy centers, thus being physically revitalized; the positive, or male polarity, as it is deemed in your illusion, finding in this energy transfer an inspiration which satisfies and feeds the spirit portion of the body/mind/spirit complex, thus both being polarized and releasing the excess of that which each has in abundance by nature of intelligent energy, that is, negative/intuitive, positive/physical energies as you may call them; this energy transfer being blocked only if one or both entities have fear of possession, of being possessed, of desiring possession or desiring being possessed.

* This should be fourth or green. Don and Ra corrected the error in session 32.

The other green-ray possibility is that of one entity offering green-ray energy, the other not offering energy of the universal love energy, this resulting in a blockage of energy for the one not green ray thus increasing frustration or appetite; the green-ray being polarizing slightly towards service to others.

What we all really desire is to have green ray+++ sexual experiences, but that's pretty rare at random meetings and usually takes a cultivation of trust in a relationship. It's totally possible for two green-ray entities to find each other, serve each other with an energy exchange, and not have a relationship. But the real juicy energy exchanges take a decent amount of work, pre or post incarnative.

So maybe Icaro you should work on how that energy conciously travels through your system. Red ray/sexual desires > orange ray/thinking others don't value you enough to share transfers with you > yellow ray/feeling unworthy as a specimen (not good talking with ladies, not the best with small talk, etc), into more of a train of thought that red/sexual experiences are beautiful and plentiful and would be glorious to participate in > orange/others accept me and I accept them > yellow/I have my role in society and a compatible personality exists.

Socialization takes practice, for sure, trial and error. Getting out there in any way helps boost the confidence. I've always been terrible with small talk too but it is an almost necessary way to interact with other-selves. You can try reframing that in a different way, too. Why do you hate small talk? Is it because it's "boring", or the other self is "boring", or that you feel you are "boring"? Small talk, banter, and getting to know the lives of other people can be very, very fulfilling. But it's like everything else in 3D, you have to do some searching for the jewel in the rough.

I think that's where the red ray sex/red ray survival overlaps. It's scary to take that jump, that risk of allowing another person into your life intimately. They could hurt you, badly! Heartbreak is definitely deadly. But fear is rarely the reason to make a decision or take an action. "Better to have loved and lost...."

What happened in the two relationships your tried, recently? The outcomes, if similar, may point more specifically to where you are more likely blocked (orange or yellow).
Also, if you desire touch more than sexual intimacy, I know this is odd but there are (likely green-ray) people you can hire who will come to your house for a cuddle session. It's getting bigger these days. Touch is hugely important to healthy brain circuitry. I know that's a last resort, but I think if you're just desperate to open that circuitry that another could maybe help in that way idk? It's easier to know what we want when we have experiences closely related to what we want. Anyway that's just a throwaway suggestion, it's definitely not for everyone!
I think cuddling would be good, but i don't think i would go as far as to hire someone for it. I am not sure why i cant find an relasonship if i am to be honest, maybe i simply incarnated without that lesson programmed?
It just seems that acceptance is the first step to changing the situation. It's counter-intuitive but if you are creating a rejection of your current situation, I consider that a restriction in the red-ray output.

I take this approach to self-healing and it has worked: When we have pain, what is our first response? "I must stop/fix this!!" Of course, we want it to go away. But try to make my second reaction be, "Okay, I accept this pain as a communication signal from my body. What is it trying to tell me?" This usually immediately moves me into a place of lessened pain, where I can do healing visualizations etc to eliminate it quickly after pinpointing the area of work. I think this is how we are supposed to approach all of our catalyst. We need to accept it, and try to eagerly learn what it wants to teach us. When we reject it, we intensify it and create the loops where we can't get out of repeating the same lesson over and over.
I admire you Jade, I think you are an awesome person.
Just chipping in with something that came to mind: There's also cuddle parties taking place almost everywhere in the world now... and joining them seems to feel much less weird than you might initially think it would (after all, everyone you meet there went to a cuddle party, too)!

Heart  
I was reading the Red Ray section of living the Law of One and porn comes up as a distortion of over activation of the red ray certain and a possible balancing, of being celibate in order to reset the energy, thus returning to balance?
I think it probably works like fasting to remove a thoughtform, but I still think fasting from food might work better because you can deny yourself sexual gratification to an extent that it becomes extremely repressed, but you can only deny yourself food for a couple of days before your hit your limit hah. I've actually never fasted though. Like how long for the assumed celibacy is suggested?

It makes me wonder Carla's experience in dealing with a situation or if it was something she intuited. Was Don addicted to porn and this is why he chose to be celibate? (doubtful of course, but curious) Carla herself loved to read romance novels regularly (lady porn). Of course there is a gradient with pornography, obviously one should know if what they enjoy watching is indicative of an imbalance (possession/domination/etc) which can lead to more catalyst, or an addiction (even more catalyst). It just seems a bit incongruous to me that if one has an overactive red-ray exasperated by watching porn that they should then be celibate? I mean, isn't the problem with most people that consume too much porn that they're not getting the quantity of sex they desire, so the solution is that they should get none? I can see how flipping the switch to the other extreme will lead to eventual balancing (chronic masturbation to no orgasm), but I think you have to be in a really good frame of mind and rather balanced elsewhere to be able to pull something like that off without causing more problems in the long run.

Porn addiction creates real psychological ruts in people and it's very difficult to get over. I think quitting cold turkey with most addictions works for some, but there are other paths to balance. The paradox being that Ra advocates one not forcefully overcome any desires, but also gives the balancing technique of experiencing opposites. I think maybe the former technique is more appropriate for a neophyte and the latter for an adept. Just my opinion.

Re: overcoming desires

Quote:18.5 Questioner: Thank you. I have a question here from Jim that I will read verbatim: “Much of the mystic tradition of seeking on Earth holds that belief that the individual self must be erased or obliterated and the material world ignored for an entity to reach ‘nirvana,’ as it’s called, or enlightenment. What is the proper role of the individual self and its worldly activities in aiding an entity to grow more into the Law of One?”

Ra: I am Ra. The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away.

The orientation develops due to analysis of desire. These desires become more and more distorted towards conscious application of love/light as the entity furnishes itself with distilled experience. We have found it to be inappropriate in the extreme to encourage the overcoming of any desires, except to suggest the imagination rather than the carrying out in the physical plane, as you call it, of those desires not consonant with the Law of One; this preserving the primal distortion of free will.

The reason it is unwise to overcome is that overcoming is an unbalanced action creating difficulties in balancing in the time/space continuum. Overcoming thus creates the further environment for holding onto that which apparently has been overcome.

All things are acceptable in the proper time for each entity, and in experiencing, in understanding, in accepting, in then sharing with other-selves, the appropriate description shall be moving away from distortions of one kind to distortions of another which may be more consonant with the Law of One.

It is, shall we say, a shortcut to simply ignore or overcome any desire. It must instead be understood and accepted. This takes patience and experience which can be analyzed with care, with compassion for self and for other-self.

Re: balancing techniques

Quote:5.2 Questioner: We have decided to accept, if offered, the honor/duty of learning/teaching the healing process. I would ask as to the first step which we should accomplish in becoming effective healers.

Ra: I am Ra. We shall begin with the first of the three teachings/learnings.

We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

The third discipline of the mind is a repetition of the first but with the gaze outward towards the fellow entities that it meets. In each entity there exists completeness. Thus, the ability to understand each balance is necessary. When you view patience, you are responsible for mirroring in your mental understanding, patience/impatience. When you view impatience, it is necessary for your mental configuration of understanding to be impatience/patience. We use this as a simple example. Most configurations of mind have many facets, and understanding of either self polarities, or what you would call other-self polarities, can and must be understood as subtle work.

The next step is the acceptance of the other-self polarities, which mirrors the second step.

These are the first four steps of learning mental discipline. The fifth step involves observing the geographical and geometrical relationships and ratios of the mind, the other mind, the mass mind, and the infinite mind.

The second area of learn/teaching is the study/understanding of the body complexes. It is necessary to know your body well. This is a matter of using the mind to examine how the feelings, the biases, what you would call the emotions, affect various portions of the body complex. It shall be necessary to both understand the bodily polarities and to accept them, repeating in a chemical/physical manifestation the work you have done upon the mind bethinking the consciousness.

The body is a creature of the mind’s creation. It has its biases. The biological bias must be first completely understood and then the opposite bias allowed to find full expression in understanding. Again, the process of acceptance of the body as a balanced, as well as polarized, individual may then be accomplished.

It is then the task to extend this understanding to the bodies of the other-selves whom you will meet. The simplest example of this is the understanding that each biological male is female; each biological female is male. This is a simple example. However, in almost every case wherein you are attempting the understanding of the body of self or other-self, you will again find that the most subtle discernment is necessary in order to fully grasp the polarity complexes involved.

At this time we would suggest closing the description until the next time of work so that we may devote time to the third area commensurate with its importance.

We can answer a query if it is a short one before we leave this instrument.

So, sequentially, one must have a good grasp on the mind before it can try to grasp bodily impulses.

re: fasting

Quote:In addition, though this has not been mentioned, for this instrument is not in need of purification, those entities in need of purging the self of a poison thought-form or emotion complex do well to take care in following a program of careful fasting until the destructive thought-form has been purged analogously with the by-products of ridding the physical vehicle of excess material. Again you see the value not to the body complex but used as a link for the mind and spirit. Thus self reveals self to self.

So the body must be viewed as a link between the spirit and the mind, as  a vehicle for information between the two.

Quote:41.21 Questioner: You mentioned in the last session that fasting was a method of removing unwanted thought-forms. Can you expand on this process and explain a little more about how this works?

Ra: I am Ra. This, as all healing techniques, must be used by a conscious being; that is, a being conscious that the ridding of excess and unwanted material from the body complex is the analogy to the ridding of mind or spirit of excess or unwanted material. Thus the one discipline or denial of the unwanted portion as an appropriate part of the self is taken through the tree of mind down through the trunk to subconscious levels where the connection is made and thus the body, mind, and spirit, then in unison, express denial of the excess or unwanted spiritual or mental material as part of the entity.

All then falls away and the entity, while understanding, if you will, and appreciating the nature of the rejected material as part of the greater self, nevertheless, through the action of the will purifies and refines the mind/body/spirit complex, bringing into manifestation the desired mind complex or spirit complex attitude.
This was a helpful/healthful thread. Thank you for creating it, Jade.
I believe it's important to note that from the perspective of Ra, the violet Ray and red Ray are fixed.
(01-24-2017, 10:55 PM)Henosis Wrote: [ -> ]I believe it's important to note that from the perspective of Ra, the violet Ray and red Ray are fixed.

Elaborate?
I think balancing red ray is: understanding and accepting your conection with Earth, planet, nature, your body ...

Red ray vibration is taking care of physical survival, basic needs. This is the fundation. Later this must be balanced with higher vibrations:

- treatment of your body with care and wisdom (learning to listen to signs and needs of your body, hygiene, enough activity/rest, proper food/drinks ...)
- the same treatment with others and enviroment - ecology
- accept also some sacrifices for STO
- spend some time in nature, walk barefoot, enjoy the sun ...
- be nice to animals, plants
- observe the sunset, stars ...
- appreciate your body, accept your body constitution and other innate distortions you have to deal with ...
- the same with others
- accept difficult times of disease
Great initial question Plenum. I feel I struggled with understanding the same concept.

I often have many of the same issues in life as yourself, although I will say I never considered suicide as an option. I definitely should take better care in dietary matters and I do wish I had more activity in the sexual arena, but I haven't yet found my High Priestess. For me personally, I would enjoy an intimate relationship with a female, but due to the conditions of the world I don't have the financial means to take care of one and I don't share the same values as the majority of those I cross paths with. The degree of cognitive dissonance is too strong to overcome. Perhaps an intimate sexual relationship would only slow my spiritual progress or interfere with my purpose.  

I agree with the majority of responses, especially Matt who noted that many of the conditions you mentioned can be understood as orange/yellow distortions more than red ray.

Love and Light