Bring4th

Full Version: Finding Ways to Serve
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gemini recently shared this video about Guy Needler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiEQJsz3z8w

in it, Guy talks about finding himself spiritually, in his late 30's.  Even though he had been aware of spirituality from earlier on, he had a lived a conventional life as an engineer and a manager as his work.  His friend introduced him to Reiki in his late 30's, and then he felt the 'Calling'.

Dolores Cannon was also an 'ordinary housewife' until she got interested in hypnosis.  From there, her career and calling fell into place.

JustLikeYou shared how he took a life coaching course recently, and how that meshes with his own skillset and approach.

The thing is, as positive entities it is part of who we are to serve others.  And serving others does not mean being servile and a walk-over.  Service is something done with respect - both for oneself and for others.  It can also be something more than just physical aid, in terms of soup kitchens and knocking on doors for the Salvation Army.  Counselling, therapy, spiritual support - these are all things which speak to mentally and spiritually supporting others.

It has been mentioned that Bring4th may be an incubator for Lightworkers.  I truly believe that as well.  When one comes across the awakening material of the Law of One, it can be quite a few years before the integration and rebalancing and maturing of the self before one feels ready to practice and live service in the wider world.  This community can help in working through issues.  We all have blockages which prevent us from being a brighter and more clear light for others.  This is one place in which to talk and query those things.

So in exploring who we are, part of that is identifying our unique gifts and qualities, and then connecting those aspects of self to an occupation or a Calling.  It may not replace a paid income for many many years; but for those who live their excitement, I think there are enough stories of people who have transitioned from a conventional job into an unconventional one to show that it can be done.

This society of ours is in transtion, as it always has been.  But in this case, it's about becoming much more open, free, dynamic, and recognising of Diversity.  Just look at fossil fuels, and the great shift to renewables.  The Tesla Battery sold out in moments.  It's a way for every home to become independent of the grid, and offers a way for solar energy to be stored so that it can be used when the sun ain't shining.

There seem to be so many opportunities to serve in this time of transition.  

People always want to hear new stories and new narratives.  Through the medium of storytelling, we get such iconic archetypal figures as Walter White in Breaking Bad.  Star Trek has recently been rebooted as a movie franchise.  And there is talk of a new tv series.

So storytellers, artists, counsellors, therapists, healers, organic foods, etsy, actors, comedians, web design, editors.  The list of non-traditional careers is just growing by the day.

So it might be the case that the forums aren't adequate for contain the fullforce and expression of who you are.  That's probably because it was never designed to do so.  There are ways to serve and support others here; and there are many many other ways to serve and support others in other places.

Finding ways to serve is something that is going to gnaw and eat away at one, until you find a way to practice it.  That's because it's such a deep part of positive entities.  It's part of the fabric of your beingness.

It's clear that Ra's message and this website will draw to it positive entities.  That's the vibration of the communication.  It's then up to us to connect to the heart of the message, transform and ready ourselves, and then practice who we are, on a daily basis.  And that's just finding the way of service that is most aligned with us.
We can spiritually evolve ourselves faster in 3D, but can do more to help others in a higher density.

In 6D we are the very light of the sun. How can one serve better than that?
I'm learning that the best service I can provide is to give space so that free will is honoured.
One thing that I think is important to keep in mind -possibly since this is a distortion I'm prone to myself- is that there's no requirement or expectation that service-to-others be large scale in nature. From my understanding of the materials, Wanderers (which I assume make up a large portion of the readership here) are providing service to others just by EXISTING and helping polarize\catalyze the energies around them in a positive manner. Any additional services they find would be icing on the cake, so to speak.

If someone finds themselves in the position of making a TV show or something, that's all well and good, but it's not necessary. Furthermore, the larger the attempt to do service, the more power/energy that requires. In turn, that high level of power means a greater risk of negative karmic effects/attachments or simply of having their plans go awry. The more power that's being wielded, the more chance of that power backfiring.

Philosophically speaking, it's probably better to think small, and look for local services one can perform, rather than directly aspiring to some form of greatness. There have been Great People who successfully used great power to positive ends, but by and large they usually "fall into" such roles rather than directly seeking greatness. Ie, Gandhi was just a lawyer who happened to get slowly drawn into the Civil Rights movement over a matter of years. But if he had never been more than an honest barrister, he presumably still would have lived a life full of service-to-others.

Basically, if one seeks to do service for others, look locally. Think small. It's the small things that so often snowball into bigger things.
I definitely agree with you there APW.

The examples I gave may have been of people who hit it big, and became famous for their positive service, but that's only to highlight the possibilities of where genuine service gets recognised and further called upon.

The benchmark for positivity is not fame or recognition; it's in the heartfelt sense of gratitude of others for what was offered.  Again, one is not seeking that gratitude; it's a natural byproduct of something sincerely offered and executed from the heart centre.

We can definitely serve small, and yet make quality impact.  A caring, devoted parent that allows a child to flourish, allows a personality to develop without incurring long-time issues.  Of course, such a child would be attracted to those parents before birth, knowing the kind of environment those parents would provide, and so opportunities find a way of expressing themself.

Harsher family environments also offer their own possibilities for learning as well.
Greetings all, 

I can remember that when I first encountered the phrase / concept of Service-To-Others, I took it quite literally and struggled somewhat to think of practical and physical ways in which I could be of service.

Carla once pointed out to me that there are literally an infinite number of ways in which we can be of Service-To-Others and not just in practical physical ways.

L & L 

Jim 
(08-08-2015, 07:00 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]It's clear that Ra's message and this website will draw to it positive entities.  That's the vibration of the communication.  It's then up to us to connect to the heart of the message, transform and ready ourselves, and then practice who we are, on a daily basis.  And that's just finding the way of service that is most aligned with us.

My fiancee just said recently "You could be concentrating on your music instead of going on Bring4th". I think the reason I am currently averse to my own capacity to serve best is because of what you mention above Plenum. My issue is I just don't want to live a "big life". The trouble I have right now is that is precisely what my calling entails. Transforming and readying myself seems to be my greatest challenge right now.

For my part, I have been on both sides of the fence. In my career, I have "been of service" to the general public (mostly children) through publishing. And I feel good about that. But the times I helped one person really stand out in my mind. And when I say "helped," I don't necessarily mean directly. The most surprising times I feel I have been of service is by simply being who I am. 
I help by donating to Defenders of Wildlife, and sometimes to L/L Research.
Agreed on all counts, been saying that to people for a long time, STO is not an action, it's a state of being.

Whatever you do, do it with love (kindness, compassion, patience, gratitude).
(08-08-2015, 08:32 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I'm learning that the best service I can provide is to give space so that free will is honoured.

Are you sure about that? What about the sinkhole of indifference?
(08-18-2015, 03:30 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2015, 08:32 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I'm learning that the best service I can provide is to give space so that free will is honoured.

Are you sure about that? What about the sinkhole of indifference?

I am not indifferent, it is just a subtle service that might not be noticed by those who aren't looking. I've learned that service is based in energy transfer and that positive polarization consists of circuits created between yourself and others. In positive polarization it goes both ways.

So how do I 'make space'? I constantly work to harmonize the metaphysical conditions around me with respect to free will. I challenge and banish entities that are seeking to infringe others and do everything I can to protect and guide the minds around me to preserve the choice.

Great service doesn't need to be loud or flashy, and it doesn't need to be something to be lauded for. If anything I think the more you seek credit the less genuine the service. I don't care about credit, but I care about friendship so I will always orient myself towards serving in friendship. You might even say that the most basic service you can provide to someone is to be their friend and I'm the type who tends to be friends with everybody.

To speak to the subtlety of my work it might be seen in the fact that my girlfriend always complains that I am incapable of hating people and that no matter how atrocious a person's deeds are I still am able to empathize and forgive them. (That doesn't mean I won't get pissed off, just that I do not place blame with hate.)

So, I make space in the more difficult areas of the mind and then by proximity provide catalyst to the mind which will offer possibilities of balancing and choice-making.
(08-09-2015, 09:20 AM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2015, 07:00 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]It's clear that Ra's message and this website will draw to it positive entities.  That's the vibration of the communication.  It's then up to us to connect to the heart of the message, transform and ready ourselves, and then practice who we are, on a daily basis.  And that's just finding the way of service that is most aligned with us.

My fiancee just said recently "You could be concentrating on your music instead of going on Bring4th". I think the reason I am currently averse to my own capacity to serve best is because of what you mention above Plenum. My issue is I just don't want to live a "big life". The trouble I have right now is that is precisely what my calling entails. Transforming and readying myself seems to be my greatest challenge right now.

I think the attempt by so many bright people to 'remain small' is one of the main reasons it has been so effectively easy for society to be dominated by self-service individuals.

Quote:Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. - Marianne Williamson
I tend to agree with you Aion on that one. I think in the west we have carried over a lot of cultural conditioning from the Church. The idea that one cannot be close or have direct experiences of God or the divine unless we are poor beggars. I think that regardless of social ambition, one can still open the gateway.
"Blessed are the poor." As the saying goes. Funny how that saying is said by very wealthy cardinals and other officials...

I think the fact is that the archetype of 'spiritual realization' has for a long time been the monk, the hermit and over time it became characterized that the methods were actually what provided enlightenment rather than them being methods for the individual on their path of seeking.

However, I think that is all artifact from the elite priesthoods that began in Egypt and Atlantis, when divinity was 'preserved' for those who were in power and it became a widespread idea that the common people were unworthy of such experiences. It's the same now, except we do not realize the priesthood is the corporate class, the celebrities and politicians.

However, the fundamental realization in this is that all are equally worthy according to the directions of their free will. Thus, in truth we have conceptualized human civilization according to a pyramidal structure of organization. However, this is just a concept, an idea we have clung to out of comfort and out of the desires of those to remain at the top. Times are changing now though and the top of the pyramid doesn't have as much sway over the bottom and the common people are beginning to see that all this time what has been kept from them is something that was theirs from the very beginning.
i find taking an interest in others, truly listening to others is good for the listener and to the one listened too. we all need to unburden ourselves to others sometimes and to find some one who actually takes the time to listen and truly cares is huge. i like to be curious about others lives. so many managers today are too impersonal imo. want to get people to work for you take a genuine interest in their concerns and families. it has to be genuine. u will get a lot more out of people. it has a lot to do i believe with genuinely liking people and seeing the beauty that shines from each one of us.

I've found the idea of creating space to be helpful as well..it seems to be a good summary of balanced service. The idea of space is of course synonymous with the uncaged winged spirit in the tarot..freedom of movement.
For me, I find service to others in all the same activities I engaged in before I made the conscious decision to polarize positively. The difference between my life before and my life now is the way I frame the activities I engage in. For example, one of my children awakens me crying out in the night. Before I would have awoken with the thought "Damn, time to own up to my parental responsibility and deal with this" now I frame it as "Great! an opportunity to perform a sacred service to the infinite creator in a new manifestation that he may have the best experience possible at this time". The same goes for the majority of family activity I once saw as burden and responsibility and now see as opportunity to make sacred offering. The preparation of meals is another good example. What better way to make an offering to the creator than to provide for his manifestations sustenance?. This thinking can be extended beyond the immediate family and directed towards all  other-selves. The most difficult is directing this type of thinking at those who are of an obvious negative nature. I still struggle with this part, but I have had some success in the idea that those who polarize negatively create the contrast that allows the positive polarity to shine its brightest. Even in serving themselves exclusively, they offer a form of service that is still of value to others.

edit:
Shortly after posting this I came across a channeling transcript about this very topic. In brief, Hatonn says that we serve in two ways. The first way is transient but of value, this is stuff like preparing meals for others, helping a friend move...etc and the second way is eternal, an that is to assist in spiritual evolution of another. The latter is more important, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't invest in the former as well. check out the full session here: http://www.llresearch.org/transcripts/is..._0202.aspx

addition from the session following the one posted above:

It is not necessary that you seek out opportunities to serve. It is only necessary that you serve as best you can as the opportunities present themselves. It is impossible to serve if one is not knowledgeable as to how to serve, and it is not possible in your particular state of awareness to know how to serve, unless this knowledge is sought through daily meditation.

The process, therefore, is quite simple. It is only necessary that an individual become aware of how to serve through meditation. It is then only necessary that he serve as the opportunities for service present themselves. If these simple tasks are performed, he is fulfilling all of the requirements that were specified by our Creator.

I hope that I have been of service tonight. I hope that I have been able to act as the opportunity presented itself. I am Hatonn. I leave you in the love and in the light of our infinite Creator. Adonai vasu.
My dog avoided me and wouldn't go outside, and instead ran around the house. I had to scream at him to go outside before he listened. I just chalk it up to one of his idiosyncrasies. If he doesn't want to go out, I let him rest where he's at, until he is ready to go out.