Bring4th

Full Version: Landscapes of the Mind
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im currently an Honours student at University of Western Sydney (UWS) and I questioning where thought/imagination comes from.
This will be in my exegesis, which will be later put into book format, so I can graduate.

What is interesting to find over the internet, is that trying to find an answer to a question, especially one from a scientific point of view.

this is a paragraph ive just recently written. Take into consideration that I have recently read "Facing up to the Problem of Consciousness", by David Chalmers.

Is the experience that you are experiencing yours and yours alone?
On the other hand, is the experience that you are experiencing being experienced because you are aware of that experience? Does this experience still exist if you are not aware of the experience? Alternatively, is the experience that you have perceived been waiting for you to experience it.

Now on the other hand researching papers on Neuroscience, Physics and the unified field theory (Theory of Everything) and string theory, there seems to always have the need for evidence( which can be frustrating when writing the exegesis).

What questions arise from viewing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atMuFCpxnUQ
One such question is " Is thought a simulation"

But what is really pickling my brain is, what comes before that moment of thought, is it pr-determined, has it already happened and am I following a script or am I inside a grand simulation..These are some thoughts flowing through my mind as I keep searching.

I have limit of 7000 words and am trying to bottleneck my answers with scientific terminology. The reason for this kind of terminology is that I have to come across as not being too spiritual. being so far outside the box can have affects on fitting into the education system.

To anyone with any comments, Thanks for your time to read whats currently swimming around my brain.

Oh one more thing because I am doing my (hons) in photomedia this exegesis is being linked to some of these photos I have taken.

The original concept was" can light be artificially be produced from sound", by implementing Cymatics and Kirlian Photography.
With the budget I was on (Poor Student) I was reduced to having to make my own tools. Only having a DSLR Camera I came up with the images below, (themo,ultra or infra cameras would of helped)

Enjoy the photos
Have you read the Law of One? Did you find us through google? If you haven't read the Law of One you may want to pick it up (or read it for free online), it might be your thing. I'm not saying it has any answers to your questions (well, maybe, the grand illusion theory is definitely supported) but it will give you more questions to think about. May not help with the science side of things, though.

Those photos are cool, do you have more info about how you took them and what they mean within the context of your paper?
(08-13-2015, 11:54 PM)Sound_Lught Wrote: [ -> ]But what is really pickling my brain is, what comes before that moment of thought, is it pr-determined, has it already happened and am I following a script or am I inside a grand simulation..These are some thoughts flowing through my mind as I keep searching.

I would look into the buddhic theory of 'Dependent Origination'.  

It's most likely beyond the mandate of your paper, but it does pertain to the subject matter.  It might give you some thoghts/analogies you may be able to reframe in a more scientific fashion.

Dependent Origination basically states that there is a chain of causation for all thoughts; and that things are being created spontaneously (our thoughts and our experience) as a result of previous thoughts.

Or more accurately spoken; it's the unbalanced thoughts which lead to the generation of further thoughts.