Bring4th

Full Version: How to balance?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:5.2 Questioner: We have decided to accept, if offered, the honor/duty of learning/teaching the healing process. I would ask as to the first step which we should accomplish in becoming effective healers.

Ra: I am Ra. We shall begin with the first of the three teachings/learnings.

We begin with the mental learn/teachings necessary for contact with intelligent infinity. The prerequisite of mental work is the ability to retain silence of self at a steady state when required by the self. The mind must be opened like a door. The key is silence.

Within the door lies an hierarchical construction you may liken unto geography and in some ways geometry, for the hierarchy is quite regular, bearing inner relationships.

To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis. The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

The second mental discipline is acceptance of the completeness within your consciousness. It is not for a being of polarity in the physical consciousness to pick and choose among attributes, thus building the roles that cause blockages and confusions in the already-distorted mind complex. Each acceptance smoothes part of the many distortions that the faculty you call judgment engenders.

The third discipline of the mind is a repetition of the first but with the gaze outward towards the fellow entities that it meets. In each entity there exists completeness. Thus, the ability to understand each balance is necessary. When you view patience, you are responsible for mirroring in your mental understanding, patience/impatience. When you view impatience, it is necessary for your mental configuration of understanding to be impatience/patience. We use this as a simple example. Most configurations of mind have many facets, and understanding of either self polarities, or what you would call other-self polarities, can and must be understood as subtle work.

The next step is the acceptance of the other-self polarities, which mirrors the second step.

These are the first four steps of learning mental discipline. The fifth step involves observing the geographical and geometrical relationships and ratios of the mind, the other mind, the mass mind, and the infinite mind.

The second area of learn/teaching is the study/understanding of the body complexes. It is necessary to know your body well. This is a matter of using the mind to examine how the feelings, the biases, what you would call the emotions, affect various portions of the body complex. It shall be necessary to both understand the bodily polarities and to accept them, repeating in a chemical/physical manifestation the work you have done upon the mind bethinking the consciousness.

The body is a creature of the mind’s creation. It has its biases. The biological bias must be first completely understood and then the opposite bias allowed to find full expression in understanding. Again, the process of acceptance of the body as a balanced, as well as polarized, individual may then be accomplished.

It is then the task to extend this understanding to the bodies of the other-selves whom you will meet. The simplest example of this is the understanding that each biological male is female; each biological female is male. This is a simple example. However, in almost every case wherein you are attempting the understanding of the body of self or other-self, you will again find that the most subtle discernment is necessary in order to fully grasp the polarity complexes involved.

At this time we would suggest closing the description until the next time of work so that we may devote time to the third area commensurate with its importance.

We can answer a query if it is a short one before we leave this instrument.

I am feeling rather confused over the balancing exercises given by Ra. Let me explain my views on the above and see how they relate to others view on them.

In the above example if i am feeling the thought/emotion impatience in order to balance i would have to consciously find within my own mind the opposite or antithesis of impatience which is patience, accepting both the impatience and the patience within my self. Having accepted both, the balancing would be finding the patience in order to clam the impatience. Thus one has moved to a less distorted state of being and would which is closer to love/light.

However if we take it for the other side, say i am experiencing the thought/emotion patience, i then have to find the opposite of patience within myself which is impatience because the very fact that i am experiencing patience means that at some level its opposite must exist. However why would someone want to balance a positive emotion of being patience which is in tune with the Law of One with one that is perhaps generally seen as more distorted such as impatience.

The only logical answer i can think of is that whatever good thought one has, the opposite of negative potential exists, so by finding the negative you are balancing it with the positive thus moving to a less distorted state of being.

?

The next issue is being able to find what is distorted. What i consider to be a distortion and what someone else might consider to be a distortion might be completely different things, so how can one truly find what is distorted or unbalanced to begin with?

Hi Matt,

I think it's best to break down Ra's paragraph into two parts:

this is the first part, which speaks to the polarized nature of concepts within this density.  That is, each thing has an opposite, and together they form a dipole, much like a see-saw has two ends, but it's the one plank (in this case, the one 'concept')

Part 1: Dipole Nature of Mental Concepts

Quote:To begin to master the concept of mental discipline it is necessary to examine the self. The polarity of your dimension must be internalized. Where you find patience within your mind you must consciously find the corresponding impatience and vice versa. Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis.

the second part speaks to the approval/disapproval mechanism, which I have referenced a few times during my years here.  Namely, because of social and personal programming we are usually drawn to one end of the Mental Dipole that is referenced above.  In the example above, one would usually be more 'approving' of patience, and then as a consequence, disapproving of impatience.  It is the approval/disapproval which creates the emotional charge, not the actual concept of patience or lack thereof.  In this case, the 'approval' of the quality of patience would be like leaning on one end of the see-saw, creating an imbalance.

Part 2: Approval/Disapproval Mechanism

Quote:The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal. The mind contains all things. Therefore, you must discover this completeness within yourself.

once the approval/disapproval mechanism has been examined, one can approach the Concept Dipole without emotional attachment.  
Okay, so the act of accepting the dipole, creates the balance? So one does not approve or disapprove of thought/emotion but simple accepts it completely from both sides. In this case by consciously finding both the patience and impatience or the impatience and patience then simply accepting them is balancing them out? Thus not having a reaction nor overcoming/suppressing them?
Quote:The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself

So the first step is self-judgement, where you personally decide what is a positive distortion and what is a negative distortion. The next step is learning that all of these exist within you, that emotions are not scary and that they are under your control. Experience patience, then impatience, back and forth. You see patience as more in tune with the Law of One but Ra is telling you that both are equally in tune and necessary for the Law of One. Of course Ra says the -balance entity- experiences -no emotion- so by experiencing both emotions back and forth, you negate them and again become more balanced and less judgmental of the moment and ideally more in the moment. If you are perceiving yourself as patient, you must be perceiving another or something else as impatient (or recognize the potential for impatience within). So let the energy out like a vent, and balance realizing that neither emotions are particularly necessary but you are allowed to have your preference.

I also use this technique as a not-immediate thing. Like today I will experience patience, and tomorrow impatience, and hopefully I can reconcile the two into one experience of the emotional spectrum.
(08-16-2015, 12:45 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself

So the first step is self-judgement, where you personally decide what is a positive distortion and what is a negative distortion. The next step is learning that all of these exist within you, that emotions are not scary and that they are under your control. Experience patience, then impatience, back and forth. You see patience as more in tune with the Law of One but Ra is telling you that both are equally in tune and necessary for the Law of One. Of course Ra says the -balance entity- experiences -no emotion- so by experiencing both emotions back and forth, you negate them and again become more balanced and less judgmental of the moment and ideally more in the moment. If you are perceiving yourself as patient, you must be perceiving another or something else as impatient (or recognize the potential for impatience within). So let the energy out like a vent, and balance realizing that neither emotions are particularly necessary but you are allowed to have your preference.

I also use this technique as a not-immediate thing. Like today I will experience patience, and tomorrow impatience, and hopefully I can reconcile the two into one experience of the emotional spectrum.

I see, so by accepting both of those desires of what which you approve and disapprove of, you then in turn balance them out and no longer have the emotional reaction? So by consciously finding the patience and impatience within yourself and moving back/forth between those thoughts/emotion you then basically disfuse that thought pattern you could say? or negate as you call it?
I believe that is the idea. You lessen the impact of the emotional charge. You learn to control your emtoions, which develops the will. There are times when impatience in beneficial - say, if you're an ambulance driver, or firefighter. Or in other rare situations where an emergency might occur in anyone's every-day life. Learning to harness your emotions for their power instead of reacting to a situation blindly, as is the natural state of the mind, is the key to developing the will.

So invoking the approval/disapproval mechanism, we stop saying we need to encourage one emotion or discourage another, but rather learn to experience all emotions through a clearer filter and develop acceptance, which leads to further understanding of the self and others. We can also develop preferences and become more skilled at knowing which situation benefits most from which emotion(s).

While being a balanced entity and not experiencing emotions is what we all really think we want, what 3D is about is experiencing emotions then balancing them. Not avoiding the emotions, but thoroughly indulging in them. An adept/healer (who Ra is speaking to) embraces and then transmutes, like a crystal fracturing the light. The more comfortable we are in the realm of emotions the more purely distilled we can make that light that diffuses through us.
(08-16-2015, 12:45 PM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not sure about the balanced entity having no emotion.

Ra said the higher self is a being with is rich in subtlety of emotion.

75.32 Questioner: The three aspects of the magical personality are stated to be power, love, and wisdom. Is this correct and are these the only primary aspects of the magical personality?

Ra: I am Ra. The three aspects of the magical personality, power, love, and wisdom, are so called in order that attention be paid to each aspect in developing the basic tool of the adept; that is, its self. It is by no means a personality of three aspects. It is a being of unity, being of sixth density and equivalent to what you call your higher self and, at the same time, is a personality enormously rich in variety of experience and subtlety of emotion.
I definitely think you are right, I was referring more to this quote:

Quote:42.10 Questioner: How can a person know when he is unswayed by an emotionally charged situation if he is repressing the flow of emotions, or if he is in balance and truly unswayed?

Ra: I am Ra. We have spoken to this point. Therefore, we shall briefly iterate that to the balanced entity no situation has an emotional charge but is simply a situation like any other in which the entity may or may not observe an opportunity to be of service. The closer an entity comes to this attitude the closer an entity is to balance. You may note that it is not our recommendation that reactions to catalyst be repressed or suppressed unless such reactions would be a stumbling block not consonant with the Law of One to an other-self. It is far, far better to allow the experience to express itself in order that the entity may then make fuller use of this catalyst.

But I think this harks again on not seeing the emotional response in the situation (external) but rather the emotion having the genesis from within.
Like tearing up at an emotional part of a movie.
It is actually a process of self-generating mental catalyst. The content is drawn forth from the unconscious along with its information which is then read by all centers in the self. The way the information is processed by each center determines how or if the catalyst is used, that is, if its energy is made kinetic, conscious. When you experience something consciously you experience its information in the form of intelligent energy transfers between balancing polarities.

An easy way to think of this is to imagine a set of scales. When content becomes conscious, such as patience, whatever information is held within the self in regards to it will be brought to the forefront. The opposite is always there but until it is conscious the scales will be shrouded in fog.

So, balancing is like viewing the scales and you may see patience on one side and not see the other side. Patience may be either sinking or raising in relation to the opposite based on the energy ratios. Thus, you must first make the opposite conscious so you can see it. Then, once you are aware of both and you then see the balance, you can realize disproportionate energy placement.

I think it's really more a matter of becoming aware of what you feel when you feel it, rather than having 'mysterious' feelings. So it's being able to recognize either or. I find its just an effective method of measuring the mind against itself.
I actually think of balancing in terms of music recording and production. In particular when dealing with levels and equalization you usually deal first with balancing each instrument/sound with itself (like working on an individual center) and then you work to balance that in the mix with all the other sounds (like balancing the centers with eachother).

So, what you want is a balance in which every instrument can be heard and has its appropriate place in regards to the balance of the others. Everything is made to be as complimentary as possible.
I have never really understood this concept and how to apply it effectively.  In theory, it makes sense, but during day to day life it is hard to know how, when and to what extent these practices are best applied.  It just doesn't seem practical to me, but perhaps that is my own ignorance.  I instead try, and I stress try, to feel my feelings and think my thoughts without resistance, as Aion describes, and hope that by doing so the balancing will take care of itself.  

It seems to be about being authentic as well as honest with yourself about the range of feelings and thoughts you have. The confusion is so intense sometimes though (often) that it is hard not to feel completely and utterly lost and directionless which makes doing such work, on a consistent basis at least, seemingly impossible.

I try not to think about it so much basically, but I'm not sure whether doing so is effective or not and even wonder if it is some type of avoidance. I don't understand Ra, his words are almost meaningless to me, there, I said it.
I concentrate on how I wish to feel at any given moment, and work towards feeling that. Such as unity or feeling sacramental and inspired by everything. The energy moves slow, but I don't ever feel lost. Or when I feel confused, I relish in it, and work towards how I would prefer living.
One trick is to not feel like you're working on anything. Accept that you are in a natural process that will take your whole life, most likely, but set your intentions to do your best each day. "Working" on yourself falls into place, then (along with daily meditation). Epiphanies happen throughout the day that allow certain pieces to fall together into a more comprehensive picture.

One goal of these balancing exercises is to learn to recognize one's thoughts. One HUGE thing is to eliminate self-defeating thoughts. Feeling confused? Don't beat yourself up, confusion is the stuff we make gold from in 3D. Feeling lost? Feeling like it's impossible? You just need to generate the more positive feelings from within. It's basically worth it to fake-it-til-you-make-it in that regard, when we start to reprogram our minds to work with us and not against us. Act and behave in the moment as if you are already balanced, believe you are balanced, and vibrationally you will naturally alighn yourself with a more balanced self. It's a constant war because each negative thought creates a new reality in the moment, and then each positive thought creates a new reality in the moment. It's a seesaw. The balancing techniques teach you how to be more in control of that seesaw, but first you have to learn to accept all emotions and not judge them, so that they are less fearful to experience and you can harness that potential instead of avoiding/surpressing it.
I don't think the balancing techniques are meant to be practiced in the moment as such, but rather looking at the over all distortions that one experiences perhaps over a day or a week to see any common themes then to try and work the exercises to balance the emotion/thought out.

For practice in the moment, simply being mindful or aware seems more logical than constantly trying to see everything as a dipole.
Do our emotions/feelings produce our state of balance, or does our state of balance produce our feelings?

When we want to balance, I take it we focus on a certain perspective of how we will experience.
(08-17-2015, 10:25 AM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]One trick is to not feel like you're working on anything. Accept that you are in a natural process that will take your whole life, most likely, but set your intentions to do your best each day. "Working" on yourself falls into place, then (along with daily meditation). Epiphanies happen throughout the day that allow certain pieces to fall together into a more comprehensive picture.

One goal of these balancing exercises is to learn to recognize one's thoughts. One HUGE thing is to eliminate self-defeating thoughts. Feeling confused? Don't beat yourself up, confusion is the stuff we make gold from in 3D. Feeling lost? Feeling like it's impossible? You just need to generate the more positive feelings from within. It's basically worth it to fake-it-til-you-make-it in that regard, when we start to reprogram our minds to work with us and not against us. Act and behave in the moment as if you are already balanced, believe you are balanced, and vibrationally you will naturally alighn yourself with a more balanced self. It's a constant war because each negative thought creates a new reality in the moment, and then each positive thought creates a new reality in the moment. It's a seesaw. The balancing techniques teach you how to be more in control of that seesaw, but first you have to learn to accept all emotions and not judge them, so that they are less fearful to experience and you can harness that potential instead of avoiding/surpressing it.

Isn't trying to eliminate certain thoughts a form of judgement and a lack of acceptance?  I feel that it is necessary to allow my so called negative thoughts and feelings to have their 'breathing' space and freedom of expression without rebuttal, interruption or justification.  I want to think and feel without restraint and without a filter. Is it thoughts that are the problem or is it our reaction to those thoughts? Are some thoughts innately harmful and distressing?  I want to be as authentic and as natural as possible.  Not sure if that is healthy though or if I am going about it the right way.  

This is where I am right now, trying to learn how to think in a way which promotes health and well being without avoidance/suppression.  I am struggling to find where the line is crossed from beneficial thought to thought which is not so beneficial.  Is there even such a line?  Or is it entirely up to me where that line is or whether there is a line at all?  What's wrong with hating myself and other?  What's wrong with having feelings and thoughts of disdain, repulsiveness and contempt?

I am in the process of starting regular visualization practices, like you and many others have suggested.  I will try to picture myself as having clarity, self-assurance, calmness, knowledge and being in a state of balance and equanimity.  I believe in these practices but I have yet to really implement them in my life thus far for whatever reason.  Maybe I am unwilling to give up the drama.
All of your questions are fruitful places of thought. I can try my best to answer from my point of view.

Quote:Isn't trying to eliminate certain thoughts a form of judgement and a lack of acceptance? I feel that it is necessary to allow my so called negative thoughts and feelings to have their 'breathing' space and freedom of expression without rebuttal, interruption or justification.

It's more of a positive judgement thing than a negative judgement thing. Instead of saying "I don't want to experience x emotion" you say "I want to experience y emotion." You are free to experience all of the emotions that you want, as you want to, but you are giving them negative judgement by enjoying indulging in them, it seems.

Quote: Is it thoughts that are the problem or is it our reaction to those thoughts?

I think it is more our reaction to our thoughts. Each thought>reaction is a distortion of the present moment, however. The first thought is the lesser distortion, and each judgement distorts further. This would probably be a good question to meditate on (as with most of these, your subconscious will give you more cohesive answers than I can)

Quote:Are some thoughts innately harmful and distressing?

I think so. Self-defeating, self-depricating thoughts. I think anything that causes a lower chakra blockage could be categorized as "innately harmful and distressing" in the thought-realm.

Quote:I want to be as authentic and as natural as possible. Not sure if that is healthy though or if I am going about it the right way.

I think you're definitely on the right path.

Quote:This is where I am right now, trying to learn how to think in a way which promotes health and well being without avoidance/suppression. I am struggling to find where the line is crossed from beneficial thought to thought which is not so beneficial. Is there even such a line? Or is it entirely up to me where that line is or whether there is a line at all?

It is up to you. That is the first step of the balancing exercise (after learning to meditate): "The disciplines of the mind involve, first of all, identifying both those things of which you approve and those things of which you disapprove within yourself, and then balancing each and every positive and negative charge with its equal."

Quote:What's wrong with hating myself and other? What's wrong with having feelings and thoughts of disdain, repulsiveness and contempt?

That's up to you to decide. How do you feel when you're feeling these feelings? Do you enjoy it? Do you increase your awareness? If these feelings have value to you, then they are a gift to yourself.

Quote:I am in the process of starting regular visualization practices, like you and many others have suggested. I will try to picture myself as having clarity, self-assurance, calmness, knowledge and being in a state of balance and equanimity. I believe in these practices but I have yet to really implement them in my life thus far for whatever reason. Maybe I am unwilling to give up the drama.

We're in the last clutches of 3D. We don't have *too* much more time to play the drama game, so get it while the gettin's good. The good news is that even when working in consciousness the drama doesn't go away, it's just gradually easier to deal with.
Quote:18:5 Questioner: Thank you. I have a question here from Jim that I will read verbatim: “Much of the mystic tradition of seeking on Earth holds that belief that the individual self must be erased or obliterated and the material world ignored for an entity to reach ‘nirvana,’ as it’s called, or enlightenment. What is the proper role of the individual self and its worldly activities in aiding an entity to grow more into the Law of One?”

Ra: I am Ra. The proper role of the entity is in this density to experience all things desired, to then analyze, understand, and accept these experiences, distilling from them the love/light within them. Nothing shall be overcome. That which is not needed falls away.

In my view in balancing you can distill what you want and what you do not want. If you do wish to keep a distortions as you identify yourself with it, with further balancing it can still fall away when not seen as part of yourself anymore.

I don't think there is a rush, we are the experience of our distortions afterall. Repressing your thoughts and feelings won't help in any way, so if thoughts do come back then it means they somewhat have meaning.
Quote:It's more of a positive judgement thing than a negative judgement thing. Instead of saying "I don't want to experience x emotion" you say "I want to experience y emotion." You are free to experience all of the emotions that you want, as you want to, but you are giving them negative judgement by enjoying indulging in them, it seems.

It's not that I indulge in them as it is that I see them as in some way necessary to experience, for personal growth.  My view has been that if I can become conscious of and stare at my negativity directly in the face, and even encourage it to express itself, and not be destroyed by it, then it won't have so much of a hold on me and will be more under my control.  I see it as a way of purifying and strengthening myself.  What I am basically describing is catharsis. I am afraid however that I have been causing myself unnecessary suffering by doing so and have been wasting all this time doing something which has no real benefit and only serves to harm myself and others.  Sigh.

Quote:I think it is more our reaction to our thoughts. Each thought>reaction is a distortion of the present moment, however. The first thought is the lesser distortion, and each judgement distorts further. This would probably be a good question to meditate on (as with most of these, your subconscious will give you more cohesive answers than I can)

Doesn't that then suggest that thoughts cannot be innately harmful?  This is what I can't understand.  Say I have a violent and hateful thought towards another.  Such a thought personally causes me distress and I do not wish to have it, but I push myself to have it and even encourage the thought, as a means of overcoming it and stripping it of it's control over me.  I had hoped that by doing so these thoughts would lose their power, but they seem to just be building in intensity, but maybe that is just temporary and is an example of increased negativity before positive transformation.  I don't know what I am doing to myself.

Quote:That's up to you to decide. How do you feel when you're feeling these feelings? Do you enjoy it? Do you increase your awareness? If these feelings have value to you, then they are a gift to yourself.

I feel absolutely awful, but just because something feels awful doesn't mean that it has no value or benefit in regards the process of expansion of awareness.  I have tried asking for clarity on this issue, but to no avail thus far.

Some of the things I have thought and felt, and some of the things I have discovered about myself have horrified me and shaken me to my very core of my being.  It is frightening, but seemingly what is being asked of me.

I wonder if it possible to have thoughts which are not your own.
(08-17-2015, 10:15 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it possible to have thoughts which are not your own.

Just my opinion, but I do think so. Although they may need a distortion as point of entry, an opening or link for it to be implanted.
(08-17-2015, 10:36 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2015, 10:15 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if it possible to have thoughts which are not your own.

Just my opinion, but I do think so. Although they may need a distortion as point of entry, an opening or link for it to be implanted.

I wonder if that is the source/cause of intrusive thoughts, much like the ones that people with mental health issues (i.e. OCD) suffer from. How else would you explain thoughts such as "look at this effing moron" when walking past a complete stranger or "I hope you trip and die" when seeing someone walking down a flight of stairs (yes, these are examples of some of my thoughts and are only the tip of the iceberg).
(08-17-2015, 10:15 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It's more of a positive judgement thing than a negative judgement thing. Instead of saying "I don't want to experience x emotion" you say "I want to experience y emotion." You are free to experience all of the emotions that you want, as you want to, but you are giving them negative judgement by enjoying indulging in them, it seems.

It's not that I indulge in them as it is that I see them as in some way necessary to experience, for personal growth.  My view has been that if I can become conscious of and stare at my negativity directly in the face, and even encourage it to express itself, and not be destroyed by it, then it won't have so much of a hold on me and will be more under my control.  I see it as a way of purifying and strengthening myself.  What I am basically describing is catharsis.  I am afraid however that I have been causing myself unnecessary suffering by doing so and have been wasting all this time doing something which has no real benefit and only serves to harm myself and others.  Sigh.

Quote:I think it is more our reaction to our thoughts. Each thought>reaction is a distortion of the present moment, however. The first thought is the lesser distortion, and each judgement distorts further. This would probably be a good question to meditate on (as with most of these, your subconscious will give you more cohesive answers than I can)

Doesn't that then suggest that thoughts cannot be innately harmful?  This is what I can't understand.  Say I have a violent and hateful thought towards another.  Such a thought personally causes me distress and I do not wish to have it, but I push myself to have it and even encourage the thought, as a means of overcoming it and stripping it of it's control over me.  I had hoped that by doing so these thoughts would lose their power, but they seem to just be building in intensity, but maybe that is just temporary and is an example of increased negativity before positive transformation.  I don't know what I am doing to myself.

It sounds like you are not doing the balancing techniques as per Ra. Ra says "take an emotion and find its antithesis" to find its balance, not "take an emotion and run with it until you exhaust it". Thoughts build on thoughts. The more you think "negative" thoughts, the more they build on themselves. Again, there is no judgement in this, however it does not seem to be bringing you peace, but the opposite. So something needs to change, maybe?

Quote:
Quote:That's up to you to decide. How do you feel when you're feeling these feelings? Do you enjoy it? Do you increase your awareness? If these feelings have value to you, then they are a gift to yourself.

I feel absolutely awful, but just because something feels awful doesn't mean that it has no value or benefit in regards the process of expansion of awareness.  I have tried asking for clarity on this issue, but to no avail thus far.

Some of the things I have thought and felt, and some of the things I have discovered about myself have horrified me and shaken me to my very core of my being.  It is frightening, but seemingly what is being asked of me.

Hmm, I'm sorry I missed your requests earlier for clarification - it does seem like the steps you are taking may not be ideal. Again, thoughts build on each other, things snowball - like meditation. The more you meditate, the better you get. The more you tell yourself "I'm great!" the more you hear yourself say "I'm great!" The more you think about causing harm to others, the more those thoughts get ingrained in pathways in the brain. You CAN choose which thoughts you think, you don't have to just indulge in all of them all the time to the max. Acceptance means you don't make yourself feel bad for having "negative" thoughts, not being so immersed that you can't escape them.

Quote:I wonder if it possible to have thoughts which are not your own.

Absolutely. I'd say that's what much of the human brain currently is: Thoughts that aren't ours. Learning to quiet the brain and meditate is how we start to learn which thoughts ARE ours (the first step in the balancing process, again). This is what discernment means. When we are children our brains are very malleable and we don't yet in this culture give that the respect it deserves. We are full of the junk of others, the media, the things we have been told to consume. Now, as spiritual beings, we must decide what we consume because what we think does affect our reality. We can't exist in this situation of infinite acceptance of all at once - our brains can't process that. So we have to focus down on the things we do desire. It seems paradoxical because one is supposed to have an acceptance energy of allowance, yes. But this is where the difficulty and time to process things lies. You must learn what that means to yourself - doing what you want while still accepting the world as it is. It's possible. It is tricky though.

You don't have to force yourself to indulge in negative thoughts, emotions, or desires. That is not what balancing is about. Anytime you are forcing anything, you are potentially cause damage. It's not worth it.
(08-18-2015, 05:43 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-17-2015, 10:36 PM)Elros Tar-Minyatur Wrote: [ -> ]

I wonder if that is the source/cause of intrusive thoughts, much like the ones that people with mental health issues (i.e. OCD) suffer from.  How else would you explain thoughts such as "look at this effing moron" when walking past a complete stranger or "I hope you trip and die" when seeing someone walking down a flight of stairs (yes, these are examples of some of my thoughts and are only the tip of the iceberg).

This could be what some consider a negative greeting, an entity in time/space energizing your distortions and chakra blockages. Entities energize these negative thoughts because thoughts create reality. You don't have to attach to these thoughts at all, and if they don't belong to you, recognize that. You are a sovereign being that can stand up for itself and make its own decisions. If you feel like you need help with it energetically, you should ask Tanner. (and throw him a few bucks to get to homecoming if you have it!) But thorough intentions to clear those lower chakras should get you on the right path, if you stop attaching to the negative thoughts and keep reaching (not forcing) for the heart chakra.

Do you ever do protection visualizations? Or ask your guides to protect you? These things can go a long ways. But if you don't ask for help, they won't break your free will by alleviating energies that you are currently indulging in.
(08-16-2015, 12:43 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so the act of accepting the dipole, creates the balance? So one does not approve or disapprove of thought/emotion but simple accepts it completely from both sides. In this case by consciously finding both the patience and impatience or the impatience and patience then simply accepting them is balancing them out? Thus not having a reaction nor overcoming/suppressing them?

no the best example of this is..

being real.

For example lets say you call yourself a very patient person.. The next step is to look for a situation within your life experience where you last felt impatient towards a situation and what about that situation, the people and yourself was going on internally that led you to this decision of being impatient.

Ultimately the energy is always going to be there, and it is going to be up to the conscious observer to choose where this energy goes. Does it go to further love and acceptance and ultimately unity or does it go to fear and separation?

Seperation would be like, dammit i can't stand this situation i can't stand you, please stay out of my life.

Unity would be, while you made me feel this way i'm wondering further what it is about me that i'm unable to accept that I see in you.

Balancing was the hardest to tackle without absorbing other disciplines of study in order to understand balancing completely. Otherwise it stays in your head and it does not get application to real life.

With that said I recommend The Lightworkers Way by Doreen Virtue. 

I've been saying to my students lately the colors, placement, and numbers of your chakras don't matter.

It is the emotional theme that corresponds to each chakra. THAT is what you ponder.. that is the catalyst.
(08-18-2015, 11:07 AM)BlatzAdict Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-16-2015, 12:43 PM)Matt1 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so the act of accepting the dipole, creates the balance? So one does not approve or disapprove of thought/emotion but simple accepts it completely from both sides. In this case by consciously finding both the patience and impatience or the impatience and patience then simply accepting them is balancing them out? Thus not having a reaction nor overcoming/suppressing them?

no the best example of this is..

being real.

For example lets say you call yourself a very patient person.. The next step is to look for a situation within your life experience where you last felt impatient towards a situation and what about that situation, the people and yourself was going on internally that led you to this decision of being impatient.

Ultimately the energy is always going to be there, and it is going to be up to the conscious observer to choose where this energy goes. Does it go to further love and acceptance and ultimately unity or does it go to fear and separation?

Seperation would be like, dammit i can't stand this situation i can't stand you, please stay out of my life.

Unity would be, while you made me feel this way i'm wondering further what it is about me that i'm unable to accept that I see in you.

Balancing was the hardest to tackle without absorbing other disciplines of study in order to understand balancing completely. Otherwise it stays in your head and it does not get application to real life.

With that said I recommend The Lightworkers Way by Doreen Virtue. 

I've been saying to my students lately the colors, placement, and numbers of your chakras don't matter.

It is the emotional theme that corresponds to each chakra. THAT is what you ponder.. that is the catalyst.

I understand what you are saying i agree mostly but feel what you are saying is more of a general view or the more obvious one. I was talking more about the mechanics of the technique rather than anything else. I think i have a fair idea of the process, i like how it relates well to mindfulness or awareness in consciousness allowing for the simple acceptance of catalyst as it rises but being aware of the dipole nature of it as well.
(08-17-2015, 10:15 PM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]My view has been that if I can become conscious of and stare at my negativity directly in the face, and even encourage it to express itself, and not be destroyed by it, then it won't have so much of a hold on me and will be more under my control.  I see it as a way of purifying and strengthening myself.  What I am basically describing is catharsis.  I am afraid however that I have been causing myself unnecessary suffering by doing so and have been wasting all this time doing something which has no real benefit and only serves to harm myself and others.  Sigh.

I think you are successfully doing the first balancing; recognizing the thoughts as thoughts and not as you.  This is the first discernment.  Meditation is a way to get really good at this because in the silence you will begin to recognize even subtler forms of thoughts that are just as real as the declarative thoughts we have all day long (e.g. The internal "I don't want to do that."  "I'm so bored!").  They are more fleeting and daydreamy, but they too are thoughts.  

But since you already recognize thoughts as thoughts, then the second balancing would be to address the thoughts you disapprove of.  You identitified these as "negativity."  I don't think confronting these is a productive technique.  If you can discern a reason for the thought, even a speculative reason, you can try to find its opposite.  Ra has the patience/impatience example.  I prefer the "this job sucks" example.  When I think that thought, I pause to reflect what exactly it is that I'm not happy doing.  I remember having the same thought periodically in the past, and also remember that I have somehow always come out of the exact same funk every time in the past.  So for me, "this job sucks" is neutralized by recognition that the job has its ups and down, and that now I'm in a down part, but that it will go up in the future.  What this leads me to is acceptance of my current state of mind.  Acceptance works magic because it balances every time.  I don't need to do anything so much as accept what, in fact, I am currently thinking.  "The second mental discipline is acceptance. . . ."

Quote:Doesn't that then suggest that thoughts cannot be innately harmful?  This is what I can't understand.  Say I have a violent and hateful thought towards another.  Such a thought personally causes me distress and I do not wish to have it, but I push myself to have it and even encourage the thought, as a means of overcoming it and stripping it of it's control over me.  I had hoped that by doing so these thoughts would lose their power, but they seem to just be building in intensity, but maybe that is just temporary and is an example of increased negativity before positive transformation.  I don't know what I am doing to myself.

I would echo Jade, that pushing into the thought and "overcoming" it or "stripping it of it's control" is not balancing, but unbalancing.  "They just seem to be building in intensity" would be the consequence of your technique.  Having violent and hateful thoughts toward another is probably better balanced first by finding a reason to empathize with the other person.  If they did something to you, then imagine any possible rationale that would let you forgive them the infraction (super stressed out because husband is dying, child ran away from home and no sleep for 5 days, just diagnosed with terminal cancer).  You never can know all the motivations of others who disrepect you, but you can invent a million reasons in your head to forgive them their trespasses.  Just the act of trying to come up with these excuses for the other person is cathartic in and of itself.  The attempt to rationalize the trespasses of another person creates the balancing antithesis for it.  "Each thought that a being has, has in its turn an antithesis."  It is not a silly mental exercise to invent, in your head, the excuses for other people's actions.  And with an infinity of excuses that you can come up with, the more heartfelt ones you can imagine are the ones with the greater power to "balance" your initial anger and hatred.  Because thinking about puppy dogs and packages tied up with strings really does balm the soul.  After a time, your exercise to come up with an imaginary excuse for the trespasses of others becomes habit.  (6 weeks usually.)  And then you will find that you stop getting angry because for the past 6 weeks every time you have gotten angry you immediately "doused" that emotional flame with its opposite; an imaginary and loving excuse on the other person's behalf.

Road rage is assuming that the a**hole in the car in front of you is deliberately trying to slow you down and keep you from getting home!  Balancing is imagining that the person in front of you just went to the bakery, and they have balanced in the trunk a four layer cake to give to their best friend for his birthday, but any sudden start or stop in that car will send that cake crashing into the truck and ruin it.  Thus, that person is driving slow for a good reason!

Quote:I feel absolutely awful, but just because something feels awful doesn't mean that it has no value or benefit in regards the process of expansion of awareness.  I have tried asking for clarity on this issue, but to no avail thus far.

I think a change of technique is what is being asked for, not more dwelling on the horrors of the inner creative mind.  And you have come to the right forum to ask for help.
(08-18-2015, 10:26 AM)Jade Wrote: [ -> ]Do you ever do protection visualizations? Or ask your guides to protect you? These things can go a long ways. But if you don't ask for help, they won't break your free will by alleviating energies that you are currently indulging in.

I meditate daily and have been doing so for a little while now.  I somewhat regularly visualize myself surrounded by and/or being saturated by white light, although I do however go through periods where this practice loses it's regular use.  As for asking for help, I don't so much speak or write the words "please help and assist me" (although I sometimes do) as I emote wanting help, if that makes any sense.  I almost feel like I've exhausted all of my options at times, and that it is just a matter of suffering through it, but feelings can sometimes lie to us.  I am admittedly stubborn and prideful though ("I should be able to do this by myself" and "I don't need assistance, I have the strength to do it on my own"), which I am working on.  

I think I am derailing the thread now, and will be starting my own one shortly.
I'm not sure it's possible to derail a thread called "How to balance?", but that may be up to Matt/the admins.

I don't have much time to write a post but as succinctly as possible, none of us do this alone. You are a sovereign being, but help of all forms is all around you (good and bad), whether you like it or not, so it's good to remember/focus on being a part together with the whole instead of separate. I'm sure you know all this, though.

I think you are on the right track, Folk-love. You are most likely going through an initiation. Keep going at it with a good heart and as much faith as you can muster, and things will straighten out. I'm heading out camping again for a few days but I'll spend some time sending energy your way if you'd like. Unfortunately I won't be here to get a "no" so if you don't want it just deflect it elsewhere. Smile
At some point you will get to the notion of incorporating breathwork. visualizing intent and attaching it to the breath.

In terms of balancing, most spiritual teachers will teach you to breath in good energy and breath out the negative waste.

I say this is wrong, I connect the energies collecting in the heart green ray coming from the galactic center and the core of Earth, sometimes routed through the rings of Saturn for some council action.

i transmute this dark energy or blocked energy and it always ends up looking Golden.

I believe this is part of alchemy, then again there is a way to make gold too I'm not really into alchemical traditions for making gold i'm more interesting in making the spiritual gold with my energy.

Anyway this is years of pondering in the sense of unity vs disunity.... abundance vs lack, and the projections we put out into the world.

Forgive me I understand this thread is strictly Law of One, however even Ra states that

By the time i finished the Law of One, I thought you know everyone who curses someone, creates a big energetic turd. Everyone is littering the etheric field with their judgemental attitude either judgemental towards themselves or others Sad I would state that the true alchemical work then is learning to stop littering.

Is that balancing? In a way the word balancing loses it's meaning.. and I have started to take on alignment.... alignment with the original thought. Alignment with the original loving compassionate thought which the tibetans referred to as the primordial sound OHM.

I hope that gives you much to ponder. I was not able to completely grasp this after finishing the Law of One until I started to study Lightworkers and other channels like Lee Carroll's Kryon or reading Matthew, which are all always congruent with the Law of One in my opinion.

80.11 Questioner: Could I say, then, that implicit in the process of becoming adept is the possible partial polarization towards service to self because simply the adept becomes disassociated with many of his kind or like in the particular density which he inhabits?
Ra: I am Ra. This is likely to occur. The apparent happening is disassociation whether the truth is service to self and thus true disassociation from other-selves or service to others and thus true association with the heart of all other-selves and disassociation only from the illusory husks which prevent the adept from correctly perceiving the self and other-self as one.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Earlier in this Session, and in this specific response, they are saying the adept usually becomes a loner and rejects all at some point.

However the difference between a negative polarization and a positive polarization is that the negative would not be using as much of their green or blue ray. It would be red orange yellow and then indigo, while positive is red orange yellow green light blue indigo and activating all of them. that's noted down here >

47.3 Questioner: We chose the values of— or you were given the values of better than 50% service to others for fourth-density positive and better than 95% service to self for fourth-density negative social memory complexes. Do these two values correspond to the same rate, shall I say, of vibration?
Ra: I am Ra. I perceive you have difficulty in expressing your query. We shall respond in an attempt to clarify your query.

The vibratory rates are not to be understood as the same in positive and negative orientations. They are to be understood as having the power to accept and work with intelligent infinity to a certain degree or intensity. Due to the fact that the primary color, shall we say, or energy blue is missing from the negatively oriented system of power, the green/blue vibratory energies are not seen in the vibratory schedules or patterns of negative fourth and fifth rates of vibration.

The positive, upon the other hand, shall we say, has the full spectrum of true-color time/space vibratory patterns and thus contains a variant vibratory pattern or schedule. Each is capable of doing fourth-density work. This is the criterion for harvest.
Pages: 1 2