Bring4th

Full Version: 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is the number of posts that have happened today.  With 3 hours to go it might get to 20.

Technically 13 if I ignore this one and my other post today.  Maybe we should talk about ways of increasing the activity of the forum.

Suggestions?
I'd say ideas for threads, but I have none.
I was wondering if any external advertising could be done. A simple link on the lawofone.info page might work.

After that just reorganize and re-word some aspects of the forum so it doesn't drive people away who come here expecting something else entirely.

This place doesn't need to be this way.. Its not fair to the creators over at L/L who put in the work and effort that their creation die of inactivity...
Ideas for threads ideas for threads. Its easy.

What are you picking at ? Whats your yellow ray blockage??
Yes, lets start threads with the same people. The same conversation. The same catalyst -facepalm-

Are you judging me? Lol

I am picking at the forum is dead. Its time to fulfill this moment with transformation and make it alive/active again.
(08-20-2015, 11:55 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe we should talk about ways of increasing the activity of the forum.

I'm curious: why do you want more activity?  Personally, I'll take a slower forum if that affords a higher quality of participation.  I certainly agree that we could change the forum's user experience to achieve any goal; I'm just not sure volume of posting is the metric I want to maximize.  Thanks for bringing it up.
It's not about what I or you want in this side of my argument for activity, it's that without activity there is no pull for any newcomers to participate, no reach to help others out there.

On the flip side of selfishness, I want a more active forum because I missed the activity, because I come to this forum 5 times a day and see barely anything new.  I love the Law of One, I love this forum by extension, and I see it and am angry at it's state of being, it is essentially dead now.

The 'quality of participation' is VERY LOW, any lower and it'll be nearly nonexistent, a stagnant sitting-pool growing foul with absence.

How do you perceive any other type of quality present at this time?  Less than two dozen posts are the average number of posts a day, double that and I'd be somewhat content, triple that and I'd be perfectly fine so long as it remained that way.  Quadruple that and I'd be ecstatic.  Quintuple that and you'd be well on your way to a forum capable of much help to much more and to all of us.

Ask your own question to your self and give me some depth as to why your answer is as it is.

"Why do you want [this level of] activity?"
(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]It's not about what I or you want in this side of my argument for activity, it's that without activity there is no pull for any newcomers to participate, no reach to help others out there.

On the flip side of selfishness, I want a more active forum because I missed the activity, because I come to this forum 5 times a day and see barely anything new.  I love the Law of One, I love this forum by extension, and I see it and am angry at it's state of being, it is essentially dead now.

Thanks for clarifying.

(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]The 'quality of participation' is VERY LOW, any lower and it'll be nearly nonexistent, a stagnant sitting-pool growing foul with absence.

I only hesitate to agree with you because I myself haven't participated much lately, so I'm really interested in others' thoughts about this. But yeah, I see it too.

(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]How do you perceive any other type of quality present at this time?  Less than two dozen posts are the average number of posts a day, double that and I'd be somewhat content, triple that and I'd be perfectly fine so long as it remained that way.  Quadruple that and I'd be ecstatic.  Quintuple that and you'd be well on your way to a forum capable of much help to much more and to all of us.

I'm not trying to pigeonhole you; I'm sort of socratically exploring your concern so I more fully understand it. What would you expect a healthy forum to look like, besides simply having more participation? What kind of help do you expect such a site would provide? In other words, how would we recognize it's working better?

I'm sympathetic to your concern, because I want to participate on B4 but I just find I'm not really drawn here. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough; maybe it's just not for me; etc. I made some suggestions in the survey about having closed groups for members to build deeper relationships, but I hardly think that's a silver bullet.

(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your own question to your self and give me some depth as to why your answer is as it is.

I don't; I just want to make sure I understand. I'd be ok with one post a day or 100 if they were posts that I felt they were quality.

What do I mean by quality? It's entirely subjective to be sure, but I'd like to see less back and forth on topics and more helping each other explore topics. The forum format is a difficult one sometimes because it requires somebody to make an effort to compose a post; I think about something like twitter or tumblr that's a lot more free wheeling and invites different characters of activity and response from others. I think it'd be helpful if more people wrote blog posts that are not intended to elicit a direct reply but are simply statements one can think through to completion without needing to answer the harangues of morons like me. Big Grin

Does that make sense? Thanks for your reply. Hope I have not been too irritating.
Less threads about what this forum needs to be, or do differently. Seriously.

The incessant griping is really tiring and, believe it or not, can fracture and/or demoralize the community.

Here's an ad we can post to attract new members:

Come, and join us at B4!, as we undulate between emotional extremes, from "too much off-topic talk! how am I supposed to study here!" to "OMG this forum sucks, there's no posts to read!"
In my view the current level of activity reflects the level of seeking of those who have interest in this forum more than anything else.
(08-21-2015, 11:04 AM)jeremy6d Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]It's not about what I or you want in this side of my argument for activity, it's that without activity there is no pull for any newcomers to participate, no reach to help others out there.

Thanks for clarifying.

(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]The 'quality of participation' is VERY LOW, any lower and it'll be nearly nonexistent, a stagnant sitting-pool growing foul with absence.

I only hesitate to agree with you because I myself haven't participated much lately, so I'm really interested in others' thoughts about this.  But yeah, I see it too.

(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]How do you perceive any other type of quality present at this time?  Less than two dozen posts are the average number of posts a day, double that and I'd be somewhat content, triple that and I'd be perfectly fine so long as it remained that way.  Quadruple that and I'd be ecstatic.  Quintuple that and you'd be well on your way to a forum capable of much help to much more and to all of us.

I'm not trying to pigeonhole you; I'm sort of socratically exploring your concern so I more fully understand it.  What would you expect a healthy forum to look like, besides simply having more participation?  What kind of help do you expect such a site would provide?  In other words, how would we recognize it's working better?

I'm sympathetic to your concern, because I want to participate on B4 but I just find I'm not really drawn here.  Maybe I'm not looking hard enough; maybe it's just not for me; etc.  I made some suggestions in the survey about having closed groups for members to build deeper relationships, but I hardly think that's a silver bullet.

(08-21-2015, 10:53 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Ask your own question to your self and give me some depth as to why your answer is as it is.

I don't; I just want to make sure I understand.  I'd be ok with one post a day or 100 if they were posts that I felt they were quality.  

What do I mean by quality?  It's entirely subjective to be sure, but I'd like to see less back and forth on topics and more helping each other explore topics.  The forum format is a difficult one sometimes because it requires somebody to make an effort to compose a post; I think about something like twitter or tumblr that's a lot more free wheeling and invites different characters of activity and response from others.  I think it'd be helpful if more people wrote blog posts that are not intended to elicit a direct reply but are simply statements one can think through to completion without needing to answer the harangues of morons like me.  Big Grin

Does that make sense?  Thanks for your reply.  Hope I have not been too irritating.

You all saw my behavior on that survey, any disposition of an unkind nature to me is now welcome despite the guidelines and my own belief based off of what this forum advertises itself as being.  It was my way of making this place bearable to myself and showing everyone the current nature of the forums.

There are no lines to cross except extreme ones.

I just want a more active forum.  It's linearly thinking, kind of like how a forest grows.  You get two trees, they touch and make leaves and seeds, the seeds drop and make more trees, those trees grow up and offer more leaves, more seeds, more trees.

In forum metaphor, you get two members who connect and make topics that draw in more members who connect and make topics who draw in more members that connect and make topics.  There will be odd trees, there will by lumpy and leaning trees, a weeping willow, a thorny tree, flowers will come around, fruit might appear to, some weird things will happen.

I was told to be the change on this forum when I PM'd the owners/admins.  So, here I go.  There's a lot that needs to be done for not just you guys who like the forum as it is.  You can still have that somewhat inactive forum, it's not going anywhere for a while but why bar progress to bring in others who might like the forum too?  To do a set up that doesn't push many away, that says there are lines to be crossed, but no lines are available?

Inactivity is the current talk, all of that extra stuff can come after this since I see a very obstinate resistance to change in this forum, which is very ironic and appreciated for it's uniqueness in complexity.  More members however I imagine would be a welcome change by everyone here.  More people who bring in different levels of talk from depth of study to small casual talk.  All things.

So long as they stay, and not come here believing it is as the home page says, because it is by external view and practice, not.

Quote:Less threads about what this forum needs to be, or do differently. Seriously.

The incessant griping is really tiring and, believe it or not, can fracture and/or demoralize the community.

Here's an ad we can post to attract new members:

Come, and join us at B4!, as we undulate between emotional extremes, from "too much off-topic talk! how am I supposed to study here!" to "OMG this forum sucks, there's no posts to read!"

Thank you for offering to yourself the perfect mirror as to all that is wrong in my opinion with this forum.

Also, 'the incessant griping is really tiring'
-cough- NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL, THIS is what it feels like.  Sleepy

Also, your ad is very accurate, we should change that bit about this community, oh wait you might be talking specifically about me, that's okay.  This place is as bad as you have said, and yet I'm still here trying to change it.  I must be Satan in disguise tempting Jesus in the desert.

All ye hail before I, the great destroyer.

Quote:In my view the current level of activity reflects the level of seeking of those who have interest in this forum more than anything else.
So.  Nearly none, which is cool, it's basically attained that 'one' unity, with n'one, the absence of one and closing in with the activity tapering into very low levels.  There are those who desire to seek, such as I, who choose to avoid doing so here, such as I, and have taken their seeking elsewhere to other forums and even facebook study groups that operate more appropriately for a bunch of humans, because of the members of this place and the way mods handle things.  Which is all up to debate, but frankly my way isn't better than anothers but I still stick by it while others say their way is better than mine.  I'm going to lose, I'll watch this place die, the community is nonexistent.  You don't have enough posts to call yourself a community on average, some days y'all get together a bit and make some conversation but this forum is inactive to a heavy point...

And I'm tired of seeing things I love go away.

Any more commentary avoiding my question or are we just not going to talk about how to raise the activity of this place?  With what few of you are left who care, and those of you who care enough about me to make commentary against me, you're all welcome to do so.
The posts today:

16 posts arguing.

...Got my wish.

Can we try to make more kindly posts and empathic ones?

Going both ways?
I hail the great destroyer!
(08-21-2015, 10:43 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for offering to yourself the perfect mirror as to all that is wrong in my opinion with this forum.

Also, 'the incessant griping is really tiring'
-cough- NOW YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL, THIS is what it feels like.  Sleepy

Also, your ad is very accurate, we should change that bit about this community, oh wait you might be talking specifically about me, that's okay.  This place is as bad as you have said, and yet I'm still here trying to change it.  I must be Satan in disguise tempting Jesus in the desert.

All ye hail before I, the great destroyer.

Oh sweet jaysus I'm what's wrong with this forum!

I wasn't talking specifically about you, though I have to say you do indeed fit the bill. There are more than a few other posters who want to harp on about how this forum fails them in some way.

Interestingly, I see very little attempt from the people who are complaining to actually improve the forum in the way they want to -- besides screaming and wailing about how bad it is, how mean and tyrannical the moderators are, etc etc. All talk, no walk -- why is that?

Want a study group? Start one. The end. Now you have a study group! Wasn't that easy?

Also, when this forum tires me out, it really doesn't effect me all that much. When I'm tired of reading the same cyclical stuff, I take a break from it because it's not serving me. If the forum is driving you to the point of madness and you're posting these long diatribes about how awful and terrible the forum is, I dunno man, time for a break or a fun new hobby maybe.

I say this with love. I like you VAS, and I hope you don't take my words personally. Just sayin'.
(08-21-2015, 11:10 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Can we try to make more kindly posts and empathic ones?

Going both ways?

Above posted at 11:10 (pointing it out because I like syncs with 1s, you could've waited 1 more minute though.. *sigh*)

And you posted this 43 minutes later.

http://www.bring4th.org/forums/showthread.php?tid=11395&pid=190967#pid190967

Quote:Stop with your mad-run, I will meet you with your own energy 3 fold,

That's not how making kindly posts and empathic ones works.

Well.. your second post was to balance things so I guess all is well.

Now lettuce try to get all along.
Well, it seems to me that the forum exists for a reason. That reason being for discussion and communication between individuals. What is the communication of this forum focused upon? It is founded upon the concepts developed and learned in the Ra Material and is by all means the child of L/L Research directly relating to that material.

So, what reason would anybody have to come to this forum right off the bat? Interest in the Ra Material and by extension the Law of One.

My thought is, what usually brings about that interest and thereby what catalyst is needed for sparking communication?

That being said, the forum is open to all, even those who aren't familiar with the Ra Material, but then we can think, for what reason do they come here?

If you ask me, the best place to start is to look at the quality of one's own participation. Are you feeding the type of discussion you want to see, and that you feel would inspire new members?

Second would be to talk to people in general, share your philosophy and instead of looking only for those who see eye to eye with you let it flow out to all. If you want to see only a particular type of activity then instead you will focus your efforts on apparent 'like minds'. It is like minds that seems to draw the most people here, but then often also leads to leaving.

The third would be to write a book and mention the Law of One and the Ra Material because this not only adds to the credibility but it's a great way to create exposure. You can also create music, art or poetry which expresses concepts within the Law of One and then relate it to the Ra Material. Some kind of media would work for this.

Fourth is the most subtle and that is through spiritual calling from the heart. I think this is actually the most effective for 'evolving' a community but not always best for building a community. However it can be good to spark new things or to draw individuals you might otherwise never have contact with. This is as simple as creating an intention of offering the Law of One or Ra Material in to the lives of others and those who are receptive to this catalyst may be drawn to the material through synchronicity.

The last way is to be a preacher and tell it to everyone, everywhere, all the time. Worked for the Christians...
Hey, just making sure the issues are well shown.

Beyond that, I'm waiting patiently for something I want to post upon to pop up.  Beyond that I usually spend my time else where.

Not many hobbys available for graveyard workers in Arizona that I want to do, I'd rather think about metaphysics on my down time and days off.  :l
I'm going to be frank, TPS. All I see is that you want more people here to entertain you because you are bored. That's okay, I understand. You just have to also understand that with new posters comes people who are ignorant about the Law of One. In fact, many people post here before ever reading it. It's a process.

Yeah, the forum is currently on a downswing. Membership and morale is low. Personally I think healing ourselves first then the forum's energy fields second are the primary steps of action, but I know that's not enough for everyone. I'm just not sure that advertising and things like that are not the solution, in the moment. L/L I think has made many attempts to spread the word in many ways, and have found varying levels of fruition, but in the end it's not about spreading the book of Ra, it's about spreading the Law of One, which we do with our being in every day situations.

I know you feel a void of spiritual seeking with others in your life, but coming to literally your only outlet for the experience you desire and creating havoc amongst the members who desire the same thing that you do seems counterproductive. There is no blame to be spread about why the forum is dead, it's nobody here's fault. It's just circumstance. Things will come around.

To add a tangible idea of what I think might help draw more members, maybe we could have more forum group meditations. That would be an easy thing to advertise and get other people whose goal is earth-healing into our LoO realm.
I'm gonna make this Really clear, you're a hypocrite and judgmental, if y'all can't handle your own energy or demeanor, don't complain to me about it.

I've welcomed such energy be brought back to me.  I don't understand your problem or issues. But when you and various others can relate and understand you're getting upset at your own demeanor, I'll start responding with ease.  As with monica so too with you, follow the guidelines and I shall too.  This is the change being made.  If you dislike my behavior, now you know how I feel.

Beyond that, you put words in my mouth.  Thank you for speaking my mind distorted.
Quote:Thank you for speaking my mind distorted.

We're co-creating this all here together, buddy. Thanks for playing the game with me, too. Big Grin
Well, in regards to my suggestions, particularly my first one, what do you feel is your own quality of participation here? I am just curious how you assess yourself in this situation, that's all. Meant for TTP, but anyone is welcome to answer.
Double post.
(08-23-2015, 08:34 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Well, in regards to my suggestions, particularly my first one, what do you feel is your own quality of participation here? I am just curious how you assess yourself in this situation, that's all. Meant for TTP, but anyone is welcome to answer.

I feel that the quality of my participation and contribution to this forum is low and of a poor standard.  I wish it wasn't and I wish I could post with as much clarity, depth, intelligence and wisdom as some of the posters here but I can't for whatever reason.  Maybe I am simply not intelligent enough or maybe I am not putting in enough effort.

BTW, can someone give me an example of a forum which they believe to be of a high standard?  I am curious as this is the only forum I visit and I don't really have anything to compare it to.
Folk-love, I always find your posts easy to understand. I think your communication skills are less lacking than you think.

For me, I try to do my best, and I believe that genuinely of everyone else here as well. But, there is always room for improvement. So, for myself, I try to be my best with the goal of doing better. I try not to give myself a pass/fail grade for each post, but instead to stay earnest in my convictions of self and true to what my heart desires to express verbally to my forum-friends.
I don't feel like a very advanced spirit because I am not so elaborate in my communication. Others here think very much in depth, which I am lacking. But I guess I amuse some others here.
Aww, Folk-Love you've provided enough, I'm with Jade's post.

What if I told you I'm not being myself for this forum so others can actually see themselves?

Nah, I'll post a picture when I'm home showcasing my current ailment with this forum.

For now others may say I have a 'Fallacy of Change' or basically I'm loud and opinionated to incite change because i rely on others to be happy.
In this case I hypocritically desire change towards following the guidelines.  The response to this is 'be the change' but I'm only one.  So I showcase.  I'm not ashamed or embarrassed to lower my integrity to offer catalyst.  Frankly, some members need my bluntness, 'les I not be here.

Thank you for attempting such.

My contributions?  I did stuff like everyone else, i had good posts and lacking posts.  Now I see much lacking and the main cause is hypocrisy on every level, the only people I see who consistently follow with open heartedness for example are the admins and plenum.  They even took my hate and returned it kindly, I can respect that.

Jade, Monica, not as kindly.  Other disregard and push incorrect information, many others left due to poor handling of this entire forum system in the short time I've been here.  The Ra Study Group on fb allows me to be kind, because I don't need to step up and go out of line, that group has their content and participants under control and still allows casual talk.  In cases of irrelevancy or personal issues its all deleted and the guy lets y'all know.  He deleted one of my posts and told me why, made sense to me instead of just 'I can and did'.

So, I'm not worried about it as much now.  I'll be the change, don't follow the guidelines to the point of attacking, here comes the tired dirtbag jerkoff TPP who's tired of the hypocrisy and will now show it.

Deflection isn't reflection, I'll make a mean post then read your response, if its just fighting back I know I did my desired goal by making you mad at yourself.

I love who I am.  I will be as I will be, but here There's a yellow ray standard of guidelines unfulfilled and unkempt.

If you dislike me so  much, ask, why do you dislike someones opinion?  I disagree, but do respect y'alls opinions even if they are two-faced and hypocritical by my own two-faced-hypocritical judgment.

I'm a paradox unified.  Being nice didnt work, otherwise everyone would lead by GLB or Austin's example.  Or Plenum.  Since that's not the case lets lead by 'I don't want more stuff like TPP posts' so y'all can be more tame to each other.in your disagreements.

See how I'll screw myself?  See how I care?  Or maybe I'm like Min, with good intention an just a bit obstinate and confused.  Or maybe I'll be Isis and laugh telling you to FOAD and then use your ignorance against you.

WHO KNOWS

I'M EVERYTHING AND NOTHING
AHAHAHAHA -breaks down into maniacal laughter-
One question you could ask yourself : is the mirror you offer any effective or is it only self-satisfactory?

Being obstinate is a hobby of mine and I enjoy confusion. I am what I am.
Gem, you're a gem, Just like Bluebell and Splash and Tan and Jade (literally lol) and Monica and Folk and everyone present.

Don't beat yourself up, you have the gift of being.  You ask good questions.  Much love to you.

And all of you Heart

By definition, my mirroring fits my Fallacy of Change issue I stated above. So, yes? i like your obstinate being Min. It taught me much about myself.
(What if I told you I can be mean and still love you all for being as you are?)
(08-23-2015, 10:49 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Aww, Folk-Love you've provided enough, I'm with Jade's post.

What if I told you I'm not being myself for this forum so others can actually see themselves?

Nah, I'll post a picture when I'm home showcasing my current ailment with this forum.

For now others may say I have a 'Fallacy of Change' or basically I'm loud and opinionated to incite change because i rely on others to be happy.
In this case I hypocritically desire change towards following the guidelines.  The response to this is 'be the change' but I'm only one.  So I showcase.  I'm not ashamed or embarrassed to lower my integrity to offer catalyst.  Frankly, some members need my bluntness, 'les I not be here.

Thank you for attempting such.

My contributions?  I did stuff like everyone else, i had good posts and lacking posts.  Now I see much lacking and the main cause is hypocrisy on every level, the only people I see who consistently follow with open heartedness for example are the admins and plenum.  They even took my hate and returned it kindly, I can respect that.

Jade, Monica, not as kindly.  Other disregard and push incorrect information, many others left due to poor handling of this entire forum system in the short time I've been here.  The Ra Study Group on fb allows me to be kind, because I don't need to step up and go out of line, that group has their content and participants under control and still allows casual talk.  In cases of irrelevancy or personal issues its all deleted and the guy lets y'all know.  He deleted one of my posts and told me why, made sense to me instead of just 'I can and did'.

So, I'm not worried about it as much now.  I'll be the change, don't follow the guidelines to the point of attacking, here comes the tired dirtbag jerkoff TPP who's tired of the hypocrisy and will now show it.

Deflection isn't reflection, I'll make a mean post then read your response, if its just fighting back I know I did my desired goal by making you mad at yourself.

I love who I am.  I will be as I will be, but here There's a yellow ray standard of guidelines unfulfilled and unkempt.

If you dislike me so  much, ask, why do you dislike someones opinion?  I disagree, but do respect y'alls opinions even if they are two-faced and hypocritical by my own two-faced-hypocritical judgment.

I'm a paradox unified.  Being nice didnt work, otherwise everyone would lead by GLB or Austin's example.  Or Plenum.  Since that's not the case lets lead by 'I don't want more stuff like TPP posts' so y'all can be more tame to each other.in your disagreements.

See how I'll screw myself?  See how I care?  Or maybe I'm like Min, with good intention an just a bit obstinate and confused.  Or maybe I'll be Isis and laugh telling you to FOAD and then use your ignorance against you.

WHO KNOWS

I'M EVERYTHING AND NOTHING
AHAHAHAHA -breaks down into maniacal laughter-

I gotta say, I love your monologue style of writing. I feel like I'm experiencing your confusion, amusement, annoyances and hypocrisy with you. Which is good because it makes sense and I go, 'Oh yeah, I know what you mean...'

The most baffling thing to me is how I am simultaneously a positive person and a negative person. I feel like you are putting in to words a state I have only known as a feeling. Maybe because I have a distinct fear of unleashing my rage upon others.
Pages: 1 2 3