Bring4th

Full Version: Calorie counting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you guys think its 'what you eat and exercise'....as opposed to 'how much you eat and don't have to exercise/exercise' when it comes to losing weight? I dislike exercising too, but don't hate it either. Calories in vs calories out, or special diets? And remember, losing weight and being healthy are 2 different things, while the first mentioned usually leads to the latter.

I'm down to 157 lbs at 5'9 starting from about 210+ lbs back in Aug 2014. This has been done by a reduced calorie diet and cardio/minor strength training. Nothing fad at all. Mostly my exercise regime is just simply walking and weights from time to time. It's perfect for me and I have a pretty decent diet minus the diet soda. I still eat whatever I want and I watch my calories. For my weight/height/metabolism, I can eat around 1600 calories a day of really whatever I want and not gain any weight perhaps maybe water weight, but I won't gain fat since their aren't any excess calories. That's maintenance and its pretty much a numbers game. Of course as I age my metabolism will naturally decrease so I'd have to just reduce my calories even more. If I want to lose weight, I'll aim for eating perhaps 1300-1400 calories a day and it works. I check my digital the scale the next morning and I lose weight. Simple.