Bring4th

Full Version: raw diet 'default template'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://soulspottv.com/blog/the-only-man-...ling-diet/

| Vegetables
Amaranth greens – same as Callaloo, a variety of Spinach
Avocado
Bell Peppers
Chayote (Mexican Squash)
Cucumber
Dandelion greens
Garbanzo beans (chick peas)
Green Banana
Izote – cactus flower/ cactus leaf- grows naturally in California
Kale
Lettuce (all, except Iceberg)
Mushrooms (all, except Shitake)
Nopales – Mexican Cactus
Okra
Olives (and olive oil)
Onions
Purslane (Verdolaga)
Poke salad -greens
Sea Vegetables (wakame/dulse/arame/hijiki/nori)
Squash
Tomato – cherry and plum only
Tomatillo
Turnip greens
Watercress
Zucchini

| Fruits
(No canned or seedless fruits)
Apples
Bananas – the smallest one or the Burro/mid-size (original banana)
Berries – all varieties- Elderberries in any form – no cranberries
Cantaloupe
Cherries
Currants
Dates
Figs
Grapes -seeded
Limes (key limes preferred with seeds)
Mango
Melons -seeded
Orange (Seville or sour preferred, difficult to find )
Papayas
Peaches
Pears
Plums
Prickly Pear (Cactus Fruit)
Prunes
Raisins -seeded
Soft Jelly Coconuts (and coconut oil)
Soursops –Latin or West Indian markets)
Sugar apples (chermoya)
Tamarind (chermoya)

| Alkaline Grains
Amaranth
Fonio
Kamut
Quinoa
Rye
Spelt
Tef
Wild Rice

| Nuts & Seeds
(Includes nut & seed butters)
Brazilian Nuts
Hemp Seed
Raw Sesame Seeds
Raw Sesame “Tahini” Butter
Walnuts

| Oils
Minimize the use of oils
Avocado Oil
Coconut Oil (Do not cook)
Grapeseed Oil (High in inflammatory Omega-6)
Hempseed Oil
Olive Oil (Do not cook)
Sesame Oil

| Spices – Seasonings
Achiote
Basil
Bay leaf
Cayenne
Cilantro
Coriander
Cumin
Dill
Marjoram
Onion Powder
Oregano
Powdered Granulated Seaweed (Kelp/Dulce/Nori)
Pure Sea Salt
Sage
Sweet Basil
Tarragon
Thyme

| Sugars
100% Pure Agave Syrup – (from cactus)
Date “Sugar – (from dried dates)

| All Natural Herbal Teas
Alvaca
Anise
Chamomile
Cloves
Fennel
Ginger
Lemon grass
Red Raspberry
Sea Moss Tea

To the more health inclined regarding nutrition.  What's your opinion of this list?

Would this article be a good 'default template' to use to get a diet going?
Yes, definitely! I would add:

Any raw nuts: Pecans, cashews, almonds, filberts, etc. It's difficult to find truly raw cashews and almonds, but it can be done. I can give you sources.

Homemade nut milks. I make these nearly every day, with soaked nuts and chia and/or flax seeds.

Sunflower seeds and sprouted sunflower greens. And...it's easy to grow your own sprouts!

Also, grains must be soaked and sprouted, if you want to eat them raw.

I wonder why carrots and celery aren't on the list. I also didn't know that shiitake shouldn't be eaten raw. I wonder why?

But yes, that's an excellent list to get started with!
My ethos is - where possible - a plant based, organic, locally produced (ideally in your backyard) and whole foods diet.  I don't know very much about raw and have yet to really incorporate it into my diet. I still cook all of my grains and starchy foods.  I am still working out the specifics.

http://www.amazon.com/Simple-Food-Good-L...1890132292
I recently ordered the above book which, from the what I have read, places quite a big emphasis on cooking as little as possible and eating raw instead.
I just need to comprehend how to turn Arizona dirt into gardening dirt, also need to make sense of what ways to grow what with what that is most beneficial (Indian Americans had a decent system).

Just. All the real or decent stuff is so expensive, 'miracle grow' isn't proper. Imight just try supplementing dirt.

Ihope to have a lemom tree and Orange tree one day D:
Yeah you cant go far wrong with an organic whole food diet. Evolution designed our bodies to do the processing internally and if we don't use it, we loose it.

For me personally I vibrate most with fruit, nuts and seeds. An organic muesli that contains all 3 is my best start to the day. I would love to end up as a fruitarian one day but that is much further into the future. I resonate with that diet the most. 

Thanks for sharing VAS  Smile
(08-30-2015, 04:47 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]I just need to comprehend how to turn Arizona dirt into gardening dirt, also need to make sense of what ways to grow what with what that is most beneficial (Indian Americans had a decent system).

Just.  All the real or decent stuff is so expensive, 'miracle grow' isn't proper.  Imight just try supplementing dirt.

You could do containers or raised beds, which is what we're starting to do here in Colorado, where the soil is not near as good as we had it in Iowa. Tongue

You can start composting for soil nutrients, and/or raising worms! I buy worm casings at the farmer's market to fertilize my plants. If you don't want to raise the little captive wormies you can just release some into your soil regularly, too. But really, the best thing is to compost and make compost tea. I want to compost but I'm going to have to set up an indoor rig sometime because of the bears. :/

Seriously though, in Arizona, you can practically grow year round yeah? So trial and error! Find gardening communities in your area and see what they do/choose to grow in your climate.

As far as your list, it's great. I just don't think *that* much about it. I have an organic grocery store near me, which is awesome, and several little farmer's markets throughout the week. I grow a few things, next year I'll grow more, now that I'm more familiar with the soil, sun, and native plants that grow in my yard. I haven't been focused on raw but lately I'm moving to eating more raw, but I don't sweat it if I don't. Warm food is comforting and good too. Smile I really focus on natural, organic, plant based. My current cycle is green smoothie for breakfast, salad for lunch, and something warm and cooked for dinner.
(08-30-2015, 04:47 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]I just need to comprehend how to turn Arizona dirt into gardening dirt, also need to make sense of what ways to grow what with what that is most beneficial

I have the same situation where I live. We have that thick, nasty clay soil and not much will grow in it. So I planted fruit trees and pecan trees. The figs and pecans are doing fabulously in the clay soil; the others not so much. For veggies, I'm doing this:

http://easypatiogarden.com/

I LOVE IT!!! It's more cost upfront, but I can fit a LOT of plants in a tiny space, with NO weeding! Yipppeeee! I have the older version though. I sure would like to get the new one, which is even better.

(08-30-2015, 09:44 AM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]For me personally I vibrate most with fruit, nuts and seeds.

Me too! and greens...

(08-30-2015, 03:56 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]My ethos is - where possible - a plant based, organic, locally produced (ideally in your backyard) and whole foods diet.

'Seasonal' is also a favourable attribute that goes hand-in-hand with local, and where local (or at least national/continental) isn't possible, 'fair trade' should also be worth consideration (even if that's less about health than compassion and causing as least harm as possible).

Talking compassion, there is also a rather new therapeutic (and lifestyle) approach called 'compassionate eating' - compassionate towards one-self and other-selves that I really like as a concept: Compassionate Eating.

-`ღ´-
(08-31-2015, 04:21 AM)facettes Wrote: [ -> ]'Seasonal' is also a favourable attribute that goes hand-in-hand with local, and where local (or at least national/continental) isn't possible, 'fair trade' should also be worth consideration (even if that's less about health than compassion and causing as least harm as possible).

Yes, seasonal makes sense. The Essene Gospel of Peace is very profound (if you can get past the Bible-flavored terminology) and says to "Eat what Mother Nature puts on her table" ie. in season. In the summer, when it's hot, there's nothing more refreshing than cool watermelon and other fruits! They are in season when we need cooling off.

Then, in the fall, root vegetables are ready to be harvested, and can last all winter with proper storage. Same with nuts and seeds, which are higher in fat, to help keep us warm when it's cold.

(08-31-2015, 04:21 AM)facettes Wrote: [ -> ]Talking compassion, there is also a rather new therapeutic (and lifestyle) approach called 'compassionate eating' - compassionate towards one-self and other-selves that I really like as a concept: Compassionate Eating.

-`ღ´-

Wonderful! Smile

How important do you guys think eating raw is?  Do you believe it to be something which, as the planet continues to evolve, will ultimately become the only way we as a society eat our foods?  I have been tossing up whether or not I should put in the effort to eat raw, but I am not sure if it is worth it.  

The Essene Gospel of Peace, which Monica referenced, is quite clear about not cooking your food because it, as it suggests, causes sickness.  It also promotes the drinking of milk, which I am not so sure about, though it does say the milk should be raw, come only from animals well treated and only from sheep or goats.  Wonder if it is even possible to find such a product on the shelves. It also mentions to only eat foods which do not require the uprooting, and therefore killing, of the plant, which makes sense. Wonder which plant foods that leaves out?

I do feel a slight pull to at least give raw eating a go.  Might do some type of trial run and see how I feel afterwards.  Gonna be hard to give up my precious legumes.  Not the legumes, anything but the legumes. 
Why give up what your soul craves?

I speak of eating raw and organic but I still eat starbursts with a glass of rc cola or squirt. Limit the bad to a point your body can handle it.

Follow your intuitive desire, it won't let you down.

I'm not very picky on being healthy, I just want to feel better and not hurt so much (self and other self) of any kind in 2D.

I hope as we move up we'll come to a point of needing only light for sustenance.
(09-01-2015, 06:56 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Why give up what your soul craves?

I speak of eating raw and organic but I still eat starbursts with a glass of rc cola or squirt.  Limit the bad to a point your body can handle it.

Follow your intuitive desire, it won't let you down.

I'm not very picky on being healthy, I just want to feel better and not hurt so much (self and other self) of any kind in 2D.

I hope as we move up we'll come to a point of needing only light for sustenance.

Not sure if it is my soul which craves it or just my taste buds.  I don't know if I am being extreme (I have been told I am), but I want to completely eliminate all toxins from my diet, even if my body can 'handle' small portions of them.  Why not be as healthy as possible?  Why take any risks especially when there are plenty of healthy alternatives?  I want to be the best I can be.

I just stumbled across macrobiotics which seems to be very interesting from the little I have gleamed.  Anyone know much about it?
Well, you'll need to stop using plastic, touching receipt paper, stop breathing the chem-trail filled air, or eating any plants rained on (as there's now Roundup in the rain).

ALL toxins is simply unfeasible in this Earth. Just aim for detoxing your system of heavy metals, free radicals, all artificial stuff, preservatives, and try to keep a clear intestinal system, clean liver, kidneys, and do your best to maintain good skin hygiene and proper digestive health.

Detox water, aka:
2 Organic Lemons cut up
2 Organic Limes cut up
1/2 an Organic Cucumber cut up
1 gallon Reverse Osmosis Filtered Water

Placed all the cut up ingredients into the water, let it sit for 8 hours to 'infuse' into the water, enjoy the entire gallon the next day.

I've wondered if adding a shot of Apple Cider Vinegar to the gallon would be a bad idea or not...
From my experience, Folk-love, changing my diet has been a process. Even when I went vegan 3 years ago, I told myself that I wasn't going to never have cheese again. Up until about a year ago, I would still occasionally say, try a dish at work that has dairy in it (being a waitress I felt it was my duty) but eventually it all stopped tasting good. Dairy tastes soooooo sour. So now I'm much stricter, just because I know my enjoyment of it has completely diminished.

Slowly other changes made themselves happen - I gave up coffee for tea, and now I'm only drinking herbal. I had to start really paying attention to ingredients because just focusing on vegan wasn't enough to avoid consuming weird stuff. But, again, this has been a process. I think setting your intentions to alter your diet to be more natural, nourishing, and cruelty-free, and working steadily towards your goal but without being hard on yourself is the key. Things that your body doesn't need/want will fall away.

Eating cooked food doesn't make me feel sick. When I used to eat dairy every meal, every meal DID make me sick. Maybe, eventually, cooked food WILL make me sick and I'll have to eliminate it. But right now, I'm very happy with my consumption food-wise, and personally I don't recommend any extreme changes or detox that might throw your body off to the point where it overcorrects and rebels against the lack of what it's used to.
Agreed, don't abuse detoxing and listen to what your body desires.  You'll crave for nutrients and misunderstand them as desiring certain foods.

I don't think cooked food is an issue, evolution wise our bodies got used to cooking pretty quickly.  The issue with cooking is improper cooking preparation can destroy all nutritional value of most nutrient dense foods leaving only 'dead energy' for you to metabolize, which bad energy makes you feel bad.

But if you cook veggies in a way that retains their nutrients, I see no issue in that, I'd still consider them 'raw' even if cooked so long as the nutritional value is not sufficiently impacted.  Of course it's a misnomer on my part.  It's like saying roasted nuts are still raw, which isn't true in any way at all.

Try to research what will best work for you, everyone is different.  I mostly just want to decrease me consumption rate.

Specifically to save money, on food, on my health, and to feel better, about the environment, about my impact, about my choices, about my body, my mind.

Working towards just being BigSmile
(09-01-2015, 03:29 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]How important do you guys think eating raw is?  Do you believe it to be something which, as the planet continues to evolve, will ultimately become the only way we as a society eat our foods?  I have been tossing up whether or not I should put in the effort to eat raw, but I am not sure if it is worth it.   

I say: get in the best mood possible, and then seek out what sounds best from that state of balance.

Even the most nutritious diet in the world will fail to properly nourish the body inhabited by an out of balance mind.  And a balanced mind would cause the body to make remarkable use of an seemingly impoverished diet.

When I see people calculating nutritional qualities, intellectually scrutinizing every piece of available scientific literature on different vitamins in different things, and buying every vitamin in the market, and this applies to raw diets too, I'm going to be honest with you, I say to myself: shoot me now.  I personally don't like to live that way.  I prefer a more spontaneous effortless existence.  But if one sincerely enjoys scrutinizing and cataloging the components of all living food stuffs, perhaps that is their path.

(09-01-2015, 03:29 AM)Folk-love Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if it is my soul which craves it or just my taste buds.  I don't know if I am being extreme (I have been told I am), but I want to completely eliminate all toxins from my diet, even if my body can 'handle' small portions of them.  Why not be as healthy as possible?  Why take any risks especially when there are plenty of healthy alternatives?  I want to be the best I can be.

But what if small amounts of those toxins are, paradoxically, good for you?  Did you know if you were never exposed to viruses you would never develop a strong immune system?  If you never used your muscles, they would never grow?  Balance and counterbalance exists in all things.  And dietary understanding is always changing. Small amounts of these toxins improve your bodies ability to deal with these things (as long as its not too much--it would be analogous to working out till you injure yourself). I'm simply offering another perspective.  

This is why it is best, and simplest, to listen to the intelligence within.

So my advice is simple: wait for the next time you are in an absolutely glowing mood, and then see what you crave from that vantage point.  That is what your body needs.  In your lack of resistance, the collective intelligence of your cells will be clearly heard by you, and translated vibrationally, in the form of strong desire for that substance that will nourish them best.    
Loren Lockman is the most advanced ive ever seen in all diet knowledge. He talks of the optimal human diet. All he says makes so much intuitional sense, its mind blowing how basic and flawless his logic is. Check him out on YouTube, seriously.
Its the optimal diet for the body, but the mind is a different story. Balance is the name of this existential game.
(09-01-2015, 10:50 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you'll need to stop using plastic, touching receipt paper, stop breathing the chem-trail filled air, or eating any plants rained on (as there's now Roundup in the rain).

ALL toxins is simply unfeasible in this Earth.  Just aim for detoxing your system of heavy metals, free radicals, all artificial stuff, preservatives, and try to keep a clear intestinal system, clean liver, kidneys, and do your best to maintain good skin hygiene and proper digestive health.

Which just further adds weight to my desire to eat healthy and pure foods, as that is something I can control.  Doesn't that make sense?  I think that I, and every human being on this planet for that matter, have ingested enough toxins for a lifetime.

I get what you guys are saying about taking care of my mind first and foremost, but I am not so sure.  My mind is influenced by my body and by what I put into it, just as my body is influenced by my mind and it's 'diet'.  I am not at the level yet where I can override my body and it's natural functions through the use of my mind, nor am I close.  Does it not stand to reason then, that if I want my mind to be clear and well functioning, that I should nourish it with the correct foods?  That way I can build the mind more effectively and have it be my ally rather than my enemy.

I struggle with doubt in regards to listening to my innate intelligence, as I a labor under a great deal of confusion and mental fog.  It is my goal to brighten and freshen up my mental atmosphere, thereby making that 'still, small voice' not so small anymore.  This is what I very much hope eating the right way will help me achieve.  It will allow to be more in touch with my true nature and with life itself and all of the intelligence and knowledge that comes with that.  

I am impatient, I admit it, but I feel a great urge to keep making these changes.  The changes are there to be made and they are right there in front of me, why not make them?  Whether this is due to fear or desire, I have yet to fully figure out.  I imagine it is both. I have wasted enough time.  I have been confused for long enough.  Time for some clarity and knowledge.  

The time is now.      
I am not asking you to believe in mind Smile

Please believe and go about your being as you desire...

Just know that 100% is not practical, for that reason 'detox remedies' for specifically heavy metals and preservative gunk caked in onto your intestines is what to aim for removing as you also choose to eat better.

I don't know about mind, it may.be true for many but if you are different then that is not the answer for you.

Your approach however.sounds correct for you.  I.greatly implore you go the way you have just laid out for yourself if that is your desired manifested future.
Good luck, Folk-love, I don't think that anyone's goal was to discourage you, but to let you know you're doing it hard mode haha. I agree with our consumption of toxins being too high which is why I also stopped buying chemical cleaners long ago - shampoo, laundry soap, all-purpose cleaners, etc etc. I use alternatives for everything, mostly a combination of baking soda and vinegar. For laundry soap, I use "soap nuts". For dish soap I use a coconut derived soap. This is just another way to lower your chemical intake, because our skin absorbs everything that touches it, too. I'm extremely sensitive, now, to anything perfumed, which is tough. When other people walk by me I can distinctly smell their shampoo/laundry soap/perfume/makeup, always.

But, to be fair, Ra says the mind must be known before balancing in the body can begin. However, you seem to be knowing your mind more and more so this is probably why balancing the body seems to important, now. Ra says any change in diet is symbolic, so as long as you integrate your "purity" of consumption into the mind, all will be well. Just don't be too hard on yourself if you need to "slip" at first, is my advice.
The first time I tried to go totally raw, I failed miserably. This was back in 1983, before the internet, and there was a grand total of 3 books to show me the way (all of which basically said to grow sprouts and eat processed nuts with Bragg's to taste! bleh!). Lack of knowledge, support and resources made it difficult to make healthy choices. I learned later that the #1 cause of failure to thrive on a vegan diet, whether raw or not, is not getting enough calories!

The early raw vegans were pioneers and we now have the benefit of learning from their mistakes. Now, it's a totally different world, with literally hundreds of raw vegan books, websites and resources available.

There are several schools of thought as to the 'best' and 'healthiest' raw vegan diet. There is much disagreement on that so we're all trying to figure it out through our own experiences. Here are some of the most popular approaches:

1. KISS (keep it simple) with a variety of cheap, simple foods, and a good balance between fruits, veggies and higher-fat foods like nuts, olives and avocados. Here is an example of someone who is thriving thusly, and in fact is a bodybuilder! He does so on a very tight budget too!

Danny Dalton - Raw Food Vegan Bodybuilder

Danny's channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4x83tSuoy-vwN7PMcZEcFw

Note that he does eat a LOT of food! But look at those muscles! 5+ years raw vegan and thriving.

2. High Greens, high fruit: Green smoothies were popularized by Victoria Boutenko, and are now a staple for many raw and 'high raw' vegans (myself included...I eat green smoothies every day). The Boutenko family were all very sickly, with diabetes and all the usual stuff, and then went 100% raw vegan and thrived for something like 8-10 years. They lived in a sunny area. But then they moved to a wet, cold area and started having some problems, so they ended up adding just a small amount of cooked vegan foods back into their diet. This seems to indicate that it's easier to be totally raw in a warm, sunny climate. I have found this to be true. I enjoy being totally raw vegan in the summer, but in the winter, it seems to make sense to eat warming soups, potatoes, beans, etc. Unless you are lucky enough to live in a tropical climate!

So, while the Boutenkos aren't 100% raw, they are still 'high raw' and offer a wealth of books, videos and resources, with high greens as their centerpiece.

Green Smoothie Revolution - Victoria Boutenko

Usually, green smoothies are made with fruit, so they're sweet. But you can also make savory green smoothies:

Savory Green Smoothie

3. Roger Haeske is one of the more successful long-term raw vegans. He offers lots of great resources. He has learned a lot through trial and error and shares his experiences. I just completed his 6-week raw vegan course and got some valuable tidbits, like sources of raw carbs other than fruit. I especially love his Savory Veggie Stews and this too is a staple for me.

Savory Veggie Stews

4. 80-10-10 This one is controversial and you will see lots of opposing views on it. It's basically the same ratio of carbs/fat/protein as the ideal espoused by Campbell/Esselstyn/McDougall et al, and can be either raw or cooked vegan, as long as it's the same ratio, but many advocates of the diet do it totally raw and are thriving. On this website you will see lots of hardcore athletes doing amazing things, all powered by simple raw fruits and vegetables! Amazing!

http://foodnsport.com/index.php

5. Gourmet, High fat raw vegan - Most of the raw vegan recipe books go out of their way to prove that the raw vegan diet can be delicious, so they make exotic, high-fat desserts using coconut oil and raw cacao, raw pizzas, and all sorts of amazing concoctions. There are even some high-end raw vegan restaurants that specialize in these delicacies.

It's nice to know that raw vegans can enjoy such decadence, but consuming such a high-fat diet on a daily basis is controversial. Many high-fat raw vegans are thriving, while others do better on the lower fat, higher greens version.

Dr. Gabriel Cousens, one of the leading long-term raw vegan gurus, claims a 100% success rate with anyone who wishes to go vegan or raw vegan. He says that, depending on individual metabolism, some people need more fats and less carbs, while others need more carbs and less fats. But all can thrive on a vegan or raw vegan diet. They just might need to tweak it a bit.

(09-04-2015, 09:33 AM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]The first time I tried to go totally raw, I failed miserably. This was back in 1983, before the internet, and there was a grand total of 3 books to show me the way (all of which basically said to grow sprouts and eat processed nuts with Bragg's to taste! bleh!). Lack of knowledge, support and resources made it difficult to make healthy choices. I learned later that the #1 cause of failure to thrive on a vegan diet, whether raw or not, is not getting enough calories!

The early raw vegans were pioneers and we now have the benefit of learning from their mistakes. Now, it's a totally different world, with literally hundreds of raw vegan books, websites and resources available.

There are several schools of thought as to the 'best' and 'healthiest' raw vegan diet. There is much disagreement on that so we're all trying to figure it out through our own experiences. Here are some of the most popular approaches:

1. KISS (keep it simple) with a variety of cheap, simple foods, and a good balance between fruits, veggies and higher-fat foods like nuts, olives and avocados. Here is an example of someone who is thriving thusly, and in fact is a bodybuilder! He does so on a very tight budget too!

Danny Dalton - Raw Food Vegan Bodybuilder

Danny's channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4x83tSuoy-vwN7PMcZEcFw

Note that he does eat a LOT of food! But look at those muscles! 5+ years raw vegan and thriving.

2. High Greens, high fruit: Green smoothies were popularized by Victoria Boutenko, and are now a staple for many raw and 'high raw' vegans (myself included...I eat green smoothies every day). The Boutenko family were all very sickly, with diabetes and all the usual stuff, and then went 100% raw vegan and thrived for something like 8-10 years. They lived in a sunny area. But then they moved to a wet, cold area and started having some problems, so they ended up adding just a small amount of cooked vegan foods back into their diet. This seems to indicate that it's easier to be totally raw in a warm, sunny climate. I have found this to be true. I enjoy being totally raw vegan in the summer, but in the winter, it seems to make sense to eat warming soups, potatoes, beans, etc. Unless you are lucky enough to live in a tropical climate!

So, while the Boutenkos aren't 100% raw, they are still 'high raw' and offer a wealth of books, videos and resources, with high greens as their centerpiece.

Green Smoothie Revolution - Victoria Boutenko

Usually, green smoothies are made with fruit, so they're sweet. But you can also make savory green smoothies:

Savory Green Smoothie

3. Roger Haeske is one of the more successful long-term raw vegans. He offers lots of great resources. He has learned a lot through trial and error and shares his experiences. I just completed his 6-week raw vegan course and got some valuable tidbits, like sources of raw carbs other than fruit. I especially love his Savory Veggie Stews and this too is a staple for me.

Savory Veggie Stews

4. 80-10-10 This one is controversial and you will see lots of opposing views on it. It's basically the same ratio of carbs/fat/protein as the ideal espoused by Campbell/Esselstyn/McDougall et al, and can be either raw or cooked vegan, as long as it's the same ratio, but many advocates of the diet do it totally raw and are thriving. On this website you will see lots of hardcore athletes doing amazing things, all powered by simple raw fruits and vegetables! Amazing!

http://foodnsport.com/index.php

5. Gourmet, High fat raw vegan - Most of the raw vegan recipe books go out of their way to prove that the raw vegan diet can be delicious, so they make exotic, high-fat desserts using coconut oil and raw cacao, raw pizzas, and all sorts of amazing concoctions. There are even some high-end raw vegan restaurants that specialize in these delicacies.

It's nice to know that raw vegans can enjoy such decadence, but consuming such a high-fat diet on a daily basis is controversial. Many high-fat raw vegans are thriving, while others do better on the lower fat, higher greens version.

Dr. Gabriel Cousens, one of the leading long-term raw vegan gurus, claims a 100% success rate with anyone who wishes to go vegan or raw vegan. He says that, depending on individual metabolism, some people need more fats and less carbs, while others need more carbs and less fats. But all can thrive on a vegan or raw vegan diet. They just might need to tweak it a bit.

Has anyone noticed the label no longer says Bragg's, but now it is called Bragg?
(08-30-2015, 04:47 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]I just need to comprehend how to turn Arizona dirt into gardening dirt, also need to make sense of what ways to grow what with what that is most beneficial (Indian Americans had a decent system).

Just.  All the real or decent stuff is so expensive, 'miracle grow' isn't proper.  Imight just try supplementing dirt.

umm if you get some algae for planting, it works great and puts nutrients back into the soil plants love it.