Bring4th

Full Version: Chakra Meditation and Stillness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have some ideas that I would like to share. Any input is appreciated.

Recently, I have started doing meditations to open, strengthen, and crystallize the various chakras. I typically utilize meditation music with specific frequencies targeted at the different chakras. I enjoy the songs by Meditative Mind on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM0YvsR...GAhjvYFOSA

To do the meditation, I have a few approaches. If I want to do a longer session in a passive approach, I like to read a spiritual book (such as Q'uo or Aaron transcripts recently). If I want to do a deeper meditation, and experience the stillness, I meditate on my bed with back support and my crystal ball. It is a 4.2 inch clear reconstituted quartz and has served me well over the past months. It definitely boosts my energy field.

I have an idea that is based on what I have studied - that is, the more an individual experiences the stillness, the closer he will get to the Creator. Thus, the mind, body, and spirit are healed. So the ideal thing would be to spend as much time as we are willing in the stillness. I theorize that if one experiences enough time in the stillness, he will eventually be able to experience what advanced seekers have called oneness with the all. This is what I am trying to obtain through meditation.

I seem to have a fear of going deeper into the stillness. I typically stop the meditation and often go to sleep. On a mental level, I have an intense desire to experience oneness with the Creator, but once I am on the verge of crossing into the unknown, I back off. It is something I definitely need to work on.

I believe that much of our generation's healing will be that of experiencing stillness and mental quiet.
In stillness, one is ever aware of the oneness of All That Is. It's the centerpoint.
Ra says that even Infinity has a center.
That is what I am learning. My meditation currently focuses on opening, strengthening, and crystallizing the chakras, and experiencing the stillness. Looking forward to the next level! My main motivation for sticking around is preparing for what is to come, my spiritual seeking, and experiencing the shift that is occuring.
Check out the thread "Let go of THIS reality" for some more tips. Excellent advice all around.
(09-04-2015, 01:39 PM)awakenspencer Wrote: [ -> ]That is what I am learning. My meditation currently focuses on opening, strengthening, and crystallizing the chakras, and experiencing the stillness. Looking forward to the next level! My main motivation for sticking around is preparing for what is to come, my spiritual seeking, and experiencing the shift that is occuring.

Good for you.  Personally I find a lot about your post that resonates.  I think we often do spiritual work like meditation somehow expecting, perhaps in the back of our mind, that we're to have a transcendent, revelatory, all-encompasing experience.  I've definitely spent most of my seeking thinking this way, and I've decided I'd rather unwind that and instead of being expectant, instead be observant.

First of all, the essence of the path we're on, it seems to me, is one of acceptance.  To expect, to seek out a specific experience presumes one knows what experience one needs.  I don't know about you, but once I realized I had no idea what I really needed, it was a lot easier to be where I'm at, and to do the spiritual work there, not in some pure energy body.

Secondly, there's the stumbling block of "spiritual materialism", as the theosophers call it, where one understands the spiritual path less as an inward path per se than as a path to a new kind of material reality in which the ego moves.  It's like expecting to find a third density made up of paranormal phenomena instead of normal phenomena.  This has the tendency to color the purposes to which one sets the meditative act.

Finally, that fear you talk about upon getting close is very primordial.  It was always a blocker to me too, as if I didn't have the courage to really lose myself and have that connecting experience, and so it became grounds for self-judgment.  This was self-defeating for me, and I realize that there's a "me" that isn't ready for that.  And that's ok, because the whole point of third density is to do a lot of intense work to prepare oneself for it.

I hope this connects with you in some of the way your post connected with me.  Smile
Thank you Jeremy. I understand what you mean about trying to apply spiritual seeking to material pursuits. This, I believe, is one of the main mistakes of popular spiritual seekers. They will say things like "bring yourself into alignment so that you will have abundance in finances." While I do not see anything wrong with finances, I believe it is a misguided purpose for spiritual pursuits. I do appreciate the marketing aspect in that it brings more people onto a spiritual path from a material path, which can then lead to higher amounts of direct spiritual seeking.

I originally resonated well with the teacher Abraham-Hicks, but became somewhat disenamored because his teachings were that of manifesting physical abundance from a spiritual perspective. I do not believe that physical abundance is the end goal. I do enjoy having a nice place to live, a good income, a good profession, and an affluent lifestyle. However, these are just ways to express the self and make life in this plane more pleasant and convenient. The idea of opening oneself up to the universe in exchange for millions of dollars bothers me. This is my interpretation of an example of spiritual materialism.

I desire to experience the Creator directly, and the most direct way of doing so appears to be that of becoming one with the stillness. Then, the love of the Creator can flow through and enable me to express my true Self.
Or experiencing infinite Love is another way to experience the Creator.
(09-03-2015, 09:40 PM)awakenspencer Wrote: [ -> ]I seem to have a fear of going deeper into the stillness. I typically stop the meditation and often go to sleep. On a mental level, I have an intense desire to experience oneness with the Creator, but once I am on the verge of crossing into the unknown, I back off. It is something I definitely need to work on.

I've experienced and not yet overcame this fear, to me it meant that I wasn't ready to lose everything that I currently am and cared about.

In a funny way this is the very same process the soul goes through to veil itself, it forgets what it has always been and cared about to rediscover itself.
I think I've been close too. To ego death.
(09-04-2015, 03:05 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]I think I've been close too. To ego death.

Same here. It felt like I would dispear from these planes and never come back, so I backed off.

The problem is the windows of opportunity comes on their own, I can't create them when I want to and am always tested when they appear to make a choice.
Even now I have to make sure I stay grounded when exploring higher states.