Bring4th

Full Version: Osho Zen Tarot Cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I spent a lot of time reading about the tarot in book IV of the Ra Material/Law of One.  It was difficult material for me and I feel my understanding would have been greater had all of the major arcana been reviewed and expanded upon.  I will revisit one day.

About 12 years ago, I was given a set of Osho Zen Tarot cards and I have used them steadily.  They are based off of the elements and provide great insight to a variety of life scenarios.  Rather than future-focused or past-life divination associated with traditional tarot readings, the Zen set focuses on the here and now.  
[Image: 581_1575.jpg]

Does anyone else use these cards?  If so, what is your experience with them?
I love the Zen Tarot Cards!  I've owned the set for a couple of years and I use them mostly for insight and to bring awareness into situations etc.  Recently I downloaded the Android version and use it even more often.   The Buddhist teaching brings me a sense of peace.   Heart I prefer these cards over the traditional Tarot.  
How do you learn how to read the cards?
(09-05-2015, 07:55 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]How do you learn how to read the cards?

It comes with a handy description book.  You are first to gather all of the inspiration and intuitive knowing you get from observing the card.  Each card has a designated element (water/emotion, fire/action, clouds/mind, rainbow/physical, along with major arcana).  Then you can read a passage in the book that describes the card in a very detailed magical way.  These passages are all coupled with some words of wisdom from master Osho's own teachings.  There are a variety of arrangements in which to lay out the cards, including a quick one card for the day reading, and some of the arrangements are for specific situations (relationships, the unconscious, paradox, insight into a specific issue, etc).  

If you are facing any unknown in the now moment with any particular situation, these cards always provide more clarity and insight.

Here's a screenshot from the app as was referred to:
[Image: screen320x480.jpeg]
I searched for them on Amazon Smile, but got lots of hits. Which of these is the one you are referring to?

http://smile.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss...arot+cards
Quote:IndigoGeminiWolf:
I searched for them on Amazon Smile, but got lots of hits. Which of these is the one you are referring to?

The first deck...

I downloaded the android version of the deck for free with Mobogenie.  It is probably also available on Google Play (free?)

I was pleasantly surprised with this version (Android) I don't understand why it's free.  I find it easier to use + it has a couple more layouts that are not in the boxed version.  Plus it's easier to read through as all you do is scroll down for the meaning of your cards.  I'm using it more with the Android than the actual physical cards.

This is a most beautiful deck.  Whatever comes up in your reading you will be led gently with the wisdom and guidance of Buddhist philosphy.