Bring4th

Full Version: 1992.08.30 A paragraph that sums it all up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mod note: this quote is taken from a Q'uo Session.

Quote:"The gates to learning the truth open only to those who are able to use the keys. The first key is the silence of meditation. And after the resources of meditation, contemplation and prayer have aided the seeker enough to open the heart, then the choices become those focusing into the universal nature of the self and an archetypical understanding that allows the seeker to have more keys minted and placed in the spiritual grasp.

Each period of learning at this level is called initiation by your people, and it is, indeed, the beginning of a new subtle pattern which you shall choose. Yet, this choice is not simple, for it is a choice of an entire pattern�of thought, of intuition, certainly not a clear-cut process. Rather than working upon opening the heart to all that there is in service, the initiatory lessons have to do with solidifying the nature of the self, of envisioning and seeing the more desirable pattern or way of being the self."
Huh.

How does initiation occur or feel I wonder...?
I think that's why they call initiation, one needs to experience it directly. I believe we have all been through different types of initiation in an incarnative experience. We grow through such catalyst, growing towards the completeness of the self.
Initiation feels like facing your deepest fears.
Mine was sort of like feeling being crushed by a black hole at the center of the Earth.
And I don't know if that was a true initiation. It was painful.
One initiation experience I had was being filled with Light/Love, at first it did bring out shame, enough to bring tears to my eyes. Then the shame was transmuted in love and joy.

This happened because I told GOD that if he existed, I wanted to know Him. This thing made me a christian because it happened after I asked questions to a christian friend that people I knew were making fun of. Wanted to understand his faith.
First off, here's a link to the full transcript the quote comes from, if people want context.

And in my own case - keeping in mind that this is all going to be VERY personalized - what Q'uo talks about was quite literal.  When I was ready, when I had "figured myself out" so to speak, I was contacted directly by my higher selves during a high-energy meditative session.  At the time I thought it was God (or at least an emissary) and that was true enough, since I hadn't come across the concept of 'higher selves' at that point.  But either way, I was questioned about my philosophies, and how I saw myself and my relationship to the world.   My answers were apparently deemed acceptable, because that was when I was directly invited to follow a higher path.

In fact, it was only very shortly thereafter that I stumbled onto the Ra Materials.  More or less, I first perceived myself as Wanderer and THEN got handed the instruction manual...  but only after I'd worked out the essentials for myself.

The funny thing was, prior to that point, I was still fairly agnostic.  After deciding what testimonies existed on the matter were just too contradictory to find Truth in on my own, I'd said on a few occasions that if there was a God (or whatever) and he wanted me on his team, he probably just needed to call me up and ask.  

I was still quite surprised when it actually happened, tho!  Smile
The only thing I've heard from a good higher power was them saying "I wouldn't" when I had a decision to make.
Other contacts were of a negative nature. I was hounded by negative beings, saying the worst things,
making my world so dark.
(09-13-2015, 05:21 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I've heard from a good higher power was them saying "I wouldn't" when I had a decision to make.
Other contacts were of a negative nature. I was hounded by negative beings, saying the worst things,
making my world so dark.

Have you tried loving them? 

In a way they have the ability to make your world so dark because their own is. The thought of negative entities brings compassion to my heart more than anything.
Nah, I was pretty neutral. I was even excited to hear from them, even though they gave bad advice.
Initiation is like a test. We all know when we are being tested. We get little tests, and big tests. Everything is temptation to take the action that we don't want - ie impatience, hate, anger, fear etc. Experiencing it is one thing, wallowing in it is another - it's when you start wallowing in the "negative" emotional spectrum, allowing your vibrationally quality to lower, that we begin "failing" the initiation and things get harder, probably because of the Law of Responsibility - at the point of initiation, you have learned the skills to overcome wallowing in the negative emotions, but you still succumb. It's what happened to Don - he did not make it through his initiation, which was very intense. But that was very likely his service to Carla and Jim (and everyone), as it's a good example of what can go wrong.

I once read a Bashar transcript where he described what I would called initiation, let me see if I can re-articulate it nearly as clearly has he did. He described it as, when you shift your reality, say, to wanting to like your job more, you set your intentions to experience this reality. Soon, the reality starts to reflect those intentions. However, 3D reality being a feedback loop - sometimes there are delays - and even echoes. Sometimes your new reality presents you with an opportunity to go back to your old reality - the one where your job was agony. This is where I think he's talking about initiation. You have choosen a higher level of reality, but 3D wants you to make sure you're *really* done with it, like really really done exploring those qualities of separation. You can say "Yep, I'm done" and pass the test, and continue on with your higher plane of reality, or you can, again for a while, go back to the way things were.
Jade, can you do both for the sake of understanding how best to help others through knowing their reality directly through yourself just a bit enough to comprehend how to best help them?

I know that sounds redundant.
Holy crap, this paragraph describes exactly what I've been puzzling over in my life. Thanks for sharing it, Matt!
(09-14-2015, 03:26 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Jade, can you do both for the sake of understanding how best to help others through knowing their reality directly through yourself just a bit enough to comprehend how to best help them?

I know that sounds redundant.

Of course, but I think we rely too much on the "trial by fire" ideas put into us by society - you know, "no pain, no gain", etc. You can still be of service to others without martyring yourself, that's how we learn to move into blue ray.

Also, for me, I think I have enough past trauma to call upon to relearn lessons from, haha. Or, I read and internalize other people's traumas and learn from them. But there's nothing wrong with desiring the visceral experience for oneself, that is what we are here for.
(09-13-2015, 07:01 AM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Huh.

How does initiation occur or feel I wonder...?

It occurs, imo, when the seeker decides to purify itself in the service to the Infinite One. Ra described couple of times what happens when initiation occured to original L/L three. Ra described what initiation is here:

"We cannot describe initiation in its specific sense due to our distortion towards the belief/understanding that the process which we offered so many of your years ago was not a balanced one.

However, you are aware of the concept of initiation and realize that it demands the centering of the being upon the seeking of the Creator. We have hoped to balance this understanding by enunciating the Law of One, that is, that all things are One Creator. Thus seeking the Creator is done not just in meditation and the work of an adept but in the experiential nexus of each moment."

My understanding is that initiation is equal to word purification, and that it doesn't occur only one time like a big bang, but many, several times. And that it also might feel different from time to time. My experience is that through meditation or intuition one can realize that one goes through intitiation or purification. Others have said that they understood it through their dreams.

What I believe for sure is what Ra said, that is, when a seeker sets its mind on intensive seeking, it is certain that if the seeker is serious and diligent about its work, the initiation will occur shortly thereafter. How it may feel is different. But I don't think that it is usually a pleasant experience for the mind/body/spirit complex as it starts to release toxins and poisonous thought-forms, as Ra mentioned at one point.
I definitely have had more than one initiation but feel that word is inappropriate for what happens...

I lost 60 pounds and many mental/emotional issues were healed during my first initiation last year when I first set out to perform Work in Consciousness.  Over the course of this year I've had darker initiations as I sought out the Creator's darker sides to make sense of them.

I'd even say I've had mini Week initiations of peace and calm followed by turmoil amd despair.

I guess I sort of put myself on...or in the fire to suffer not literal physical/mental-emotional pain but basically it hurts all the same if not as severely with less post-occurrence damage.  As Jade said, I trialed with the fire.

I set out to make sense of 'Infinite Creator', all the light and love made perfect truthful straight divine intuitive-intellectual sense.

The darkness didn't.   So I looked and said I'll Be Back, and have been lost ever since.  Darkness gazes back into you just as light.  I'm tired of the staring contest of horrors.  I think I know, learned enough...  About just exactly why it exists.

Now, I want to go back to enjoying reality, not fearing its every catalyst knowing what potential depths of darkness lies potentiated in every bit of catalyst.

I am now relearning myself.  Darkness changes one as does light.  The time to heal myself!  (And it feels good just typing it too!)

I like meditation, my mind is a loud one but its like approaching a state of mind...

Doing everything alone...for me is actually very hard.  Its why I only lone wolf in video games.  When another is with me its like the Law of Squares, I'm a supplementary person mostly, a wingman, the No. 2 (or 1 right below the Cap'n.).  Doing it alone is possible though, and I continue on.

Just hope I'll stop always hoping for the loneliness to end.  I imagine there is harm in not wanting vs accepting and continuing on.
Seeking Creator...Do Want
I just...sort of stumbled into it...

The Ra Material opened up a quite different door in my life. So much so I bet I designed this incarnation around that fixed moment because it was in those experiences that EVERYTHING changed for me. I still would not call myself the same person i was before Fall of 2014.

I wish 'Work' was seeking Creator... Its more worthwhile than life itself to me sometimes.