Bring4th

Full Version: Rick and Morty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seriously, this cartoon is the most imaginative mind expanding art I have ever seen. I was sold after seeing season one and was delighted to find season 2 now already had 7 episodes released that I did not know of and I have to say season 2 continues to be just as mind blowing and mind boggling as season 1 =)

Anybody here watch it?
I absolutely love this show... It is just SO good/funny. I am an intellectual at heart and this show somehow combines "crude" and "intellectual" humor. Tongue
I also like Bojack Horseman. Rick and Morty is pretty good though. I really wish they still had "Ugly Americans" on. If you haven't checked it out, do it, it's gold.
Yeah, I enjoyed Bojack quite a bit as well.
I'm a huge Rick and Morty fan. Was also a Community fan (Dan Harmon is involved in both projects).
I love Community as well... Had NO idea the same gun was involved. That actually makes a lot of sense because I see many similarities in the style of humor.
had great fun with this show.  Thanks for recommending it.

Although. I would venture to say that it skews more towards the male sense of humor in things, rather than having an appeal across both genders.  Just my feelings though.

[Image: 3UrreRS.png?1]

but tremendous value in terms of time spent, to ideas gained/visuals/great thematic motion.  Amazingly creative.  One of the creators voices both lead characters too.  Versatile.
Thanks for saying it, plen. I tried to watch it but I found a bit of the humor too sexist for me to really enjoy it, though I wanted to. I'm kind of a stick in the mud that way, I'm not the most into watching shock/offensive comedy. I mean, I only watched the first few episodes so the shock and offend tactics just lacked context mostly. Maybe if I was more familiar with the characters I'd be more forgiving. Oh well, maybe I'll try it again someday and be less "sensitive". ;p
I agree it is skewed towards a male sense of humor.

I tend to fairly feminine in a lot of ways. I will even get very annoyed if another male starts making jokes / disparaging remarks aimed at women. So by itself, I would never continue watching a show that made too many sexists remarks.

However, I get a strong sense the show writer is not misogynistic nor is pushing a misogynistic message. I think he just wanted to create this extremely intelligent, funny and clever character in Rick. Yet simultaneously Rick makes extremely poor decisions, is a total jerk, and has awful social skills.

When I am able to resonate with a dynamic, lifelike character in a TV show, I am able use it as catalyst to work through concepts I would have difficulty with in 'real life'. With a character like Rick, I able to work through a few 'shadow' concepts while inevitably turning towards the light and doing the right thing, as Rick almost always does in the end.
I'm re-watching this series and it's just so good / creative.
(08-06-2016, 12:59 AM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I'm re-watching this series and it's just so good / creative.

[Image: rick_and_morty_jpm_1.png?itok=mhS0gt0B]
yes, i really enjoy it. my reaction to much of season 2 was that sort of laugh where you widen your eyes and mouth and go "haha! whoa!!" like it's an intellectual surprised sort of laugh. i love that humor.
[Image: 57nkqxR.jpg]