Bring4th

Full Version: Who do I serve?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every moment of every day we are faced with decisions, both big and small. Many of those decisions feel trivial. In fact, we may go days and weeks without making a decision we feel has moral significance. But in this world of duality, every action serves ourselves or others. Therefore, ask yourself throughout the day. Who do I serve? Do I serve my ego? Do I serve my vanity? Do I serve my greed? Do I serve my lust? Or do I serve others? Do I give more than I take? Do I forego my desires, ego, and vanity for the greater good? 

In every moment ask - who do I serve? You will find every moment is an opportunity to serve, yourself or others. 
Will knowing who you serve change your service?
(09-17-2015, 02:40 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Will knowing who you serve change your service?

It will make you mindful of your intentions. When you become mindful of your intentions you can judge them accordingly. If you determine they serve your path, no change is needed. If you determine they do not serve your path, then you become aware that change is needed. 
I tend to go a step further and go right to "Who can I serve?"

Really, the desire more manifests as an intense protectiveness in general of others around me and a constant attempt to bring about balance in myself and the world around me.
(09-17-2015, 03:05 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]I tend to go a step further and go right to "Who can I serve?"

Really, the desire more manifests as an intense protectiveness in general of others around me and a constant attempt to bring about balance in myself and the world around me.

Aion, I think that is an appropriate and admirable attitude of service. 
How about "How can I serve?" That defines the what in addition to the who.
(09-17-2015, 02:38 PM)Immortalis Vigil Wrote: [ -> ]In every moment ask - who do I serve? You will find every moment is an opportunity to serve, yourself or others. 

well said.

but what about the unmanifest self?
Are you asking how we can serve the unmanifest self?

I don't think it needs service. It's I take it the majority of who we are.
I serve the One as the One.

Sometimes it comes in service to self, sometimes it comes in service to other-selves and sometimes it comes in simply loving what already is without providing service.
(09-17-2015, 03:17 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Are you asking how we can serve the unmanifest self?

I don't think it needs service. It's I take it the majority of who we are.

the question is more about how the unmanifested self fits into the scheme of the question proposed in the OP.

Quote:The unmanifested self may find its lessons those which develop any of the energy influx centers of the mind/body/spirit complex. The societal and self interactions most often concentrate upon the second and third energy centers. Thus those most active in attempting to remake or alter the society are those working from feelings of being correct personally or of having answers which will put power in a more correct configuration. This may be seen to be of a full travel from negative to positive in orientation. Either will activate these energy ray centers.
Turning ones intentions to serving others is is always a good thing. I phrased the question as I did to highlight the importance of being mindful of who you serve. It is easy to get caught up in abstractions, or become overwhelmed by a world crying out in pain. Therefore, I think it is useful to focus on the thing most in our control - our own intentions.
(09-17-2015, 03:31 PM)Immortalis Vigil Wrote: [ -> ]Therefore, I think it is useful to focus on the thing most in our control - our own intentions.

Intentions are definitely key.  But how can you assess your own intentions?

For eg, I just finished watching Narcos, the series about Pablo Escobar.  In it, he firmly believed that he was doing the best thing for his country.  Not only that, but the best thing for his family.  There was some form of love there.

Most people would agree that his actions were definitely not positive, in using coercion and violence to get his way.

What I'm trying to say is that one can firmly believe that one is serving others (as an intention), and yet it is not necessarily positive.

/ /

another example may be Patton, as a positive counterpoint.

Quote:34.17 Questioner: Is it possible for you to use as an example our General Patton and tell me the effect that war had on him in his development?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last full question of this working. The one of whom you speak, known as George, was one in whom the programming of previous incarnations had created a pattern or inertia which was irresistible in its incarnation in your time/space. This entity was of a strong yellow-ray activation with frequent green-ray openings and occasional blue-ray openings. However, it did not find itself able to break the mold of previous traumatic experiences of a bellicose nature.

This entity polarized somewhat towards the positive in its incarnation due to its singleness of belief in truth and beauty. This entity was quite sensitive. It felt a great honor/duty to the preservation of that which was felt by the entity to be true, beautiful, and in need of defense. This entity perceived itself as a gallant figure. It polarized somewhat towards the negative in its lack of understanding the green ray it carried with it, rejecting the forgiveness principle which is implicit in universal love.

The sum total of this incarnation vibrationally was a slight increase in positive polarity but a decrease in harvestability due to the rejection of the Law or Way of Responsibility; that is, seeing universal love, yet still it fought on.
(09-17-2015, 03:42 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2015, 03:31 PM)Immortalis Vigil Wrote: [ -> ]Therefore, I think it is useful to focus on the thing most in our control - our own intentions.

For eg, I just finished watching Narcos, the series about Pablo Escobar.  In it, he firmly believed that he was doing the best thing for his country.  Not only that, but the best thing for his family.  There was some form of love there.

Most people would agree that his actions were definitely not positive, in using coercion and violence to get his way.

What I'm trying to say is that one can firmly believe that one is serving others (as an intention), and yet it is not necessarily positive.

/ /

Quote:34.17 Questioner: Is it possible for you to use as an example our General Patton and tell me the effect that war had on him in his development?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last full question of this working. The one of whom you speak, known as George, was one in whom the programming of previous incarnations had created a pattern or inertia which was irresistible in its incarnation in your time/space. This entity was of a strong yellow-ray activation with frequent green-ray openings and occasional blue-ray openings. However, it did not find itself able to break the mold of previous traumatic experiences of a bellicose nature.

This entity polarized somewhat towards the positive in its incarnation due to its singleness of belief in truth and beauty. This entity was quite sensitive. It felt a great honor/duty to the preservation of that which was felt by the entity to be true, beautiful, and in need of defense. This entity perceived itself as a gallant figure. It polarized somewhat towards the negative in its lack of understanding the green ray it carried with it, rejecting the forgiveness principle which is implicit in universal love.

The sum total of this incarnation vibrationally was a slight increase in positive polarity but a decrease in harvestability due to the rejection of the Law or Way of Responsibility; that is, seeing universal love, yet still it fought on.

As Ra points out in the quoted text, one can have good and admirable intentions, but if they are predicated on falsehood, the impact on polarity can be negative. Ones intention to be of service must be predicated on a true understanding of reality and ones own motivations. First one must recognize that all is one, and harm to others is harm to self. Then be aware enough of their own intentions to know why they truly act. This negates many of the dilemmas that arise when one does dark deeds in the name of good intentions. One that truly recognizes that all is one would not do harm to one entity to protect and serve another more dearly loved entity. In such a circumstance noble intentions would be perverted by the false premise of duality. 

It is highly possible that in many circumstances the most loving means of service to the whole is inaction. To take no side but offer unconditional love to all. 
And who do you trust

Immediate thought upon reading.
(09-17-2015, 04:04 PM)Immortalis Vigil Wrote: [ -> ]As Ra points out in the quoted text, one can have good and admirable intentions, but if they are predicated on falsehood, the impact on polarity can be negative. Ones intention to be of service must be predicated on a true understanding of reality and ones own motivations. First one must recognize that all is one, and harm to others is harm to self. Then be aware enough of their own intentions to know why they truly act. This negates many of the dilemmas that arise when one does dark deeds in the name of good intentions. One that truly recognizes that all is one would not do harm to one entity to protect and serve another more dearly loved entity. In such a circumstance noble intentions would be perverted by the false premise of duality. 

It is highly possible that in many circumstances the most loving means of service to the whole is inaction. To take no side but offer unconditional love to all. 

that is really beautifully said.  Thank you  Heart
Unconditional Love to all as inaction.

Acted Indifference becomes Unconditional Love...

Woah, you just literally threw me 3 steps forward with your reconciliation of these two opposites.

What's your story??
(09-17-2015, 04:16 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2015, 04:04 PM)Immortalis Vigil Wrote: [ -> ]As Ra points out in the quoted text, one can have good and admirable intentions, but if they are predicated on falsehood, the impact on polarity can be negative. Ones intention to be of service must be predicated on a true understanding of reality and ones own motivations. First one must recognize that all is one, and harm to others is harm to self. Then be aware enough of their own intentions to know why they truly act. This negates many of the dilemmas that arise when one does dark deeds in the name of good intentions. One that truly recognizes that all is one would not do harm to one entity to protect and serve another more dearly loved entity. In such a circumstance noble intentions would be perverted by the false premise of duality. 

that is really beautifully said.  Thank you  Heart

One of the truly horrible thoughts about The Companion Cube (also known as universe) is that it will truly be better off if we do nothing.

This is possible if we live in a "false" universe that is only maintained by our struggling against it, aka, intertia. Similarly to how one can drown in 2 inches of water by constantly flapping onces arms when once face is in the puddle.
(09-17-2015, 04:04 PM)Immortalis Vigil Wrote: [ -> ]

/ /

As Ra points out in the quoted text, one can have good and admirable intentions, but if they are predicated on falsehood, the impact on polarity can be negative. Ones intention to be of service must be predicated on a true understanding of reality and ones own motivations. First one must recognize that all is one, and harm to others is harm to self. Then be aware enough of their own intentions to know why they truly act. This negates many of the dilemmas that arise when one does dark deeds in the name of good intentions. One that truly recognizes that all is one would not do harm to one entity to protect and serve another more dearly loved entity. In such a circumstance noble intentions would be perverted by the false premise of duality. 

Depends, is one doing this only to avoid harming the self, or is there a genuine desire to not harm the other? If you allow another to harm another through your inaction, is that not still you harming yourself?
(09-17-2015, 04:23 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]Depends, is one doing this only to avoid harming the self, or is there a genuine desire to not harm the other? If you allow another to harm another through your inaction, is that not still you harming yourself?

yes, and that's why these situations are highly unique, and can only really be faced in the unique moment, as those situations are attracted to one.

But it's more the openness to querying intentions and potential outcomes that helps resolve the question of 'Who do I serve?"
(09-17-2015, 04:23 PM)Aion Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-17-2015, 04:04 PM)Immortalis Vigil Wrote: [ -> ]

/ /

Depends, is one doing this only to avoid harming the self, or is there a genuine desire to not harm the other? If you allow another to harm another through your inaction, is that not still you harming yourself?

Yes, it depends. The statement was not an absolute maxim, as stated "It is highly possible that in many circumstances the most loving means of service to the whole is inaction. To take no side but offer unconditional love to all." It is difficult to apply the principles of the Law of One to the duality of everyday living. However, I believe a worthy goal is to always strive to minimize harm. No action in this world is without negative consequences. Every breath kills microbes. To walk in the park is to bend grass and kill insects with every footfall. There are circumstances where peaceful intervention to protect another serves that goal. There are other times when action increases harm, or prioritizes harm to one being over another. Correct action is variable. However, the intentions of unconditional love, service to others, and minimizing harm should be constant. 
(09-17-2015, 04:18 PM)The_Tired_Philosopher Wrote: [ -> ]Unconditional Love to all as inaction.

Acted Indifference becomes Unconditional Love...

Woah, you just literally threw me 3 steps forward with your reconciliation of these two opposites.

What's your story??

It is gratifying to be of service. My story is long, but you can find the highlights in my wanderer stories. I have provided links in my profile. 
Ra Wrote:All serve the One Creator. There is nothing else to serve, for the Creator is all that there is. It is impossible not to serve the Creator.
(09-17-2015, 08:20 PM)isis Wrote: [ -> ]
Ra Wrote:All serve the One Creator. There is nothing else to serve, for the Creator is all that there is. It is impossible not to serve the Creator.

This is absolutely true. But beware the sinkhole of indifference. Service to self is service to all. Service to others is service to all. We serve the Creator whatever our path, whether it be STS or STO. But the goal of the 3D experience is to polarize. To place one type of service above the other. 
I had to let go of my past creations.

I had to know i am that i am. A dual being.

And I understood, when I heard truth, that being of service is the feeling of unveiling your true self.

Unveil with the spirit of the wind. I released everything to the emptiness that i was.