Bring4th

Full Version: Been invited to the US
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was recently invited to the US to hold an auction, considering my security status I would prefer not to approach within a cruise missile range of any major US assets if at all possible. That or I believe the correct phrasing is "as far as the smallpox can spit at the Indian chiefs from the blankets". That I believe is the historically accurate translation, I could be wrong though.

So, I'm thinking that I have two major options, one is to outright refuse and say that I don't work with ...

The other is to somehow procure a system of transportation that would be too difficult or counterproductive to destroy, but as the shooting of the Polish Presidents plane proves, that's a tall order.

So, I'm looking for feedback on this topic, do I take this invitation to the US seriously, and if so, how on earth do I get there without the locals killing me when I get within 500 miles of the nation.

I'm generally of the opinion that I'm nowhere near important enough to be actually invited in the way the invitation was presented and this is the latest attempt to get proper GPS data on the ISIS leadership for the next wave of attacks. The whole "Hey lets send all the people we think may have been involved in writing bad books about us a blanket invitation to the burning man. We need a new wicker-man anyway." I could be wrong, but to me this seems like a thing I want nothing to do with.

Would appreciate some thoughts on this.

Edit: Could a MOD enable multiple choice answers K thx. Forgot to click the option.
(09-18-2015, 04:33 AM)Bourbon Betty Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Could a MOD enable multiple choice answers K thx. Forgot to click the option.

Done.
Dear BB, I am not sure what you mean here. Are you a spy? Are you a political extremist? Why would locals kill you? 
Sounds just like paranoia to me, but I don't know you. If you feel strongly against it, then I think its safe enough to trust your intuition.
Leaning towards the US being safe and this being intentionally aggravated paranoia by a******* who think they are my friends but are not.
??????????????
(09-18-2015, 04:33 AM)Bourbon Betty Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm thinking 

Yeah that's my problem too  BigSmile

I need you to be less cryptic in order for me to share what I would do in your own scenario. On the face of it though BB, it sounds like a great adventure!

To begin with, what do you mean by "auction"?
(09-19-2015, 04:08 PM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2015, 04:33 AM)Bourbon Betty Wrote: [ -> ]So, I'm thinking 

Yeah that's my problem too  BigSmile

I need you to be less cryptic in order for me to share what I would do in your own scenario. On the face of it though BB, it sounds like a great adventure!

To begin with, what do you mean by "auction"?

Some of the things I've gathered over the years have a sufficient value and rarity to them that people would want to possess them, themselves, and as a result of this, and less of what I've done personally, people would like to see me in a situation where they may fairly and with little effort ask me to exchange these items to them.

While there is a definite interest in me personally I've found that are interested in me, they'll come to me, but that generally when you want money you go where the money is, and in this case when I mention selling my possessions I get a tremendous interested from the US auction community, but when I mention visiting the US I hear chiquitas, or what ever you call those little chirping things that everyone hates.
I've concluded that this invitation was not real and am moving on to other destinations. Will still hold auction. Will sell one item from all items I own, all items are up for bid.
What about Louisville, Kentucky? 

I have heard it bodes well for unusual visitors around September time! 

Much love BB   Heart
Sounds good, I'll add you to my astral book of people to visit.