Bring4th

Full Version: Can one be aware without memory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was pondering the possibility of awareness without memory. Can one be aware without memory ? Can you call such a state awareness? 
when pondering this i could only think of a few examples, but im not sure if they work. any thoughts ? 

I also thought on how memory is always linear but some things can transcend linear concepts. has anyone ever thought of a way for memory to not be linear ?  all thoughts and opinions are welcome 
Memories are stored as various neurons in the brain. The whole image is replayed by different parts of the brain. So memories are just illusion.
(09-22-2015, 04:26 PM)upensmoke Wrote: [ -> ]I was pondering the possibility of awareness without memory. Can one be aware without memory ? Can you call such a state awareness? 
when pondering this i could only think of a few examples, but im not sure if they work. any thoughts ? 

I also thought on how memory is always linear but some things can transcend linear concepts. has anyone ever thought of a way for memory to not be linear ?  all thoughts and opinions are welcome 

Quote:16.22 Questioner: Thank you very much. In previous material, before we communicated with you, it was stated by the Confederation that there is actually no past or future… all is present. Would this be a good analogy?

Ra: I am Ra. There is past, present, and future in third density. In an overview such as an entity may have, removed from the space/time continuum, it may be seen that in the cycle of completion there exists only the present. We, ourselves, seek to learn this understanding. At the seventh level or dimension, we shall, if our humble efforts are sufficient, become one with all, thus having no memory, no identity, no past or future, but existing in the all.

According to Ra, the 7th density is such a state.  Basically, at that level, memory is superfluous because you have awareness of all that is.  So that would leave memory for dead.  Ironically, all those memories are part of all that is, so in some weird metaphysical way, they are still there, they just aren't identified with personally anymore.  Sometimes in meditation, I find myself reaching a state where I feel I have no memory, and I'm just resting in the present.  And initially no memory sounded like a really scary thing to me, but having experienced small bouts of it, it is actually refreshingly liberating.  Sort of like taking off a cumbersome garment of clothing you've been wearing all day.

And I think nonlinear memory could and does exist (in our higher self), but I think we would have a hard time understanding that from our linear space/time perspective.  

Amnesia should offer you a hint.
(09-22-2015, 09:13 PM)outerheaven Wrote: [ -> ]Amnesia should offer you a hint.

Amnesia was actually one of the first things i thought of but even in amnesia we still have memory. True Amnesia would be when a human reverts back to a baby.  when we're born our only instincts are to cry and suck(as in sucking on a nipple for milk) in true amnesia a person shouldn't be able to talk, walk or think. Right ? 
I was thinking if one did not have memory, how can they advance,grow, or learn ? with no memory anything linear is no longer possible. imagine such an entity, wouldn't it act purely off of instinct, or would it be in a constant state of being ?  like for example trees have no memory right ? can we imagine such an entity. wouldn't it be in a constant state of being, kinda like zen ?

so going off from the idea that in 7d you return to the allness and you have no memory would mean that your are in an instinctive state like a tree, automatically spiraling towards the light, or rather that the creator is in a static state of existence or a state of nothingness or a combination of both. With that said could that be the reason why silence of the mind(meditation) is a way to get in touch with the creator ? because the creator itself is in such a state? 

all thoughts and opinions are welcome 
(09-22-2015, 08:46 PM)anagogy Wrote: [ -> ]According to Ra, the 7th density is such a state.  Basically, at that level, memory is superfluous because you have awareness of all that is.  So that would leave memory for dead.  Ironically, all those memories are part of all that is, so in some weird metaphysical way, they are still there, they just aren't identified with personally anymore.  Sometimes in meditation, I find myself reaching a state where I feel I have no memory, and I'm just resting in the present.  And initially no memory sounded like a really scary thing to me, but having experienced small bouts of it, it is actually refreshingly liberating.  Sort of like taking off a cumbersome garment of clothing you've been wearing all day.

And I think nonlinear memory could and does exist (in our higher self), but I think we would have a hard time understanding that from our linear space/time perspective.  

I've also achieved such a state a few times and agree completely. It's also worth mentioning that Ra and other channeled entities put a lot of emphasis on intuition and what might be called instant awareness. (I think Bashar has used that term or something close.) Which is to say, when one is sufficiently "tuned in" to the cosmic mind, information which is needed will simply appear AS it is needed. Knowledge is not clung to as a source of identity, but -as I interpret it- more as a resource that's there to be drawn upon whenever appropriate. Perhaps it's somewhat akin to how we automatically breathe and thus catalyze oxygen without having to deliberately engage in the process.

While probably not the greatest example, I think that considering the POV of Doctor Manhattan from the Watchmen comic/movie might give some insight here, since he appears to exist in a "circular" fashion somewhat like what Ra describes. Especially his conversation with Laurie on Mars. He is aware that she's going to tell him of her affair with Dreiberg, yet it still hurts him when the moment comes.
Dr. Manhattan rocked. But he appeared to have a lot of inner sadness.
For what it's worth, Steve Tyman's A Fool's Phenomenology explicitly deals with this subject, at least from a philosophical point of view. He also frames it with the concept of desire.
(09-22-2015, 04:26 PM)upensmoke Wrote: [ -> ]I was pondering the possibility of awareness without memory. Can one be aware without memory ? Can you call such a state awareness? 

What I find most intriguing about the notion of nonlinear memory or awareness without linear directionality is that if one were to truly operate out of it, self is gone totally. There is an incredibly vast collection of collective exchanges of energy but ultimately without linearity, cause and effect go out the window. It seems personal identity also fades away at this point too. Non linear memory/7th density awareness...whatever label you give it means that history ceases to have meanin altogether. And what really is identity or self other than a history?

With a perspective like that, imagine the incredible depths of thought and experience one could take in! It's quite incredible that ultimate freedom is literally prepackaged in all of us. We just have to remember that the I we think we are... Is probably the least real thing there is.

Hi upensmoke,

Yes, I do believe that one can be aware without having any "memory", and very much aware too!

Memory is something that implies that one has/had a past, present and future. But Ra themselves said that in an overview, there is only a present, which they themselves try to learn right now. This means that they also are caught in some sort of perception of "time", but probably not as much as us here in 3D. But in 7D on the other hand, there will be no such things as "time" or past, present and future; but only the present now:

"There is past, present, and future in third density. In an overview such as an entity may have, removed from the space/time continuum, it may be seen that in the cycle of completion there exists only the present. We, ourselves, seek to learn this understanding. At the seventh level or dimension, we shall, if our humble efforts are sufficient, become one with all, thus having no memory, no identity, no past or future, but existing in the all."

As I understand the above quote, it doesn't mean that one becomes like a gold fish in a bowl, not remembering anything. The "memories" will still be there, but not in a way as something that has been or happened. In 7D one will be existing in the ALL. This is too difficult for us to fathom I believe, but this is my understanding of this quote about 7D, that one is aware without having "memories" as in having had experiences, but being in them all at the same time, everywhere, in a constant orgasmic everlasting present now moment. After all, Ra did give us a clue where our Creator resides:

"Enlightenment is of the moment, is an opening to intelligent infinity. It can only be accomplished by the self, for the self. Another self cannot teach/learn enlightenment, but only teach/learn information, inspiration, or a sharing of love, of mystery, of the unknown that makes the other-self reach out and begin the seeking process that ends in a moment, but who can know when an entity will open the gate to the present?"

And 7D is as close as you can get to the Creator, without leaving this stage or octave quite yet, right...? Smile

To me you have defined the difference between consciousness and mind. Do we need a mind in order to be conscious? If the One Infinite Creator desired  to experience Itself, did it require a mind in which to discern such a concept? Or was Its conscious awareness of itself, the criteria for Its mind to come into existence? 

This Ra quote has boggled me for some time because it reminds me of that chicken/egg paradox...

Quote:30.5 Questioner: I would like to know how the mind/body/spirit complexes originate. How, going back as far as necessary, does the— Do they originate by spirit forming mind and mind forming body? Can you tell me this?

Ra: I am Ra. We ask you to consider that you are attempting to trace evolution. This evolution is as we have previously described, the consciousness being first, in first density, without movement, a random thing. Whether you may call this mind or body complex is a semantic problem. We call it mind/body complex recognizing always that in the simplest iota of this complex exists in its entirety the One Infinite Creator;

Is conciousness synonymous with spirit? Is awareness synonymous with consciousness? 

It seems to me that the One Infinite Creator is beyond definition altogether. Hence Why I remain baffled by this particular quote whereby Ra remind Don that they have already approximated the origin of creation, with regards to spirit.
(09-24-2015, 06:07 PM)Nicholas Wrote: [ -> ]Is conciousness synonymous with spirit? Is awareness synonymous with consciousness? 

From my perspective Nicholas, there are some fine hairs we may split with regards to awareness and consciousness.

To me, consciousness is more similar to what we call "mind", and the only difference between it and "spirit" is that mind involves duality.  It involves subject/object relationships.

So you've got mind, body, and spirit.  All are consciousness if you want to think of it that way.  Mind is inner projection (time/space).  Body is outer projection (space/time).  

Mind and matter are reflections of one another.  You can think of "spirit" as consciousness that has liberated itself from subject/object relationships.  It has no inner or outer.  The function of the spirit is to unify or synthesize two seemingly opposite sides of a magnetic pole. It is the "shuttle" between the illusory parts.  I call spirit "awareness" because it seems more "fine" to me, but perhaps that is personal bias.

yea it's called Faith.

awareness without knowing. because you understand there is only remembering, and everything is already known. faith to be guided by your guides and spiritual teachers for the greatest good.

like science is not knowing while knowing (or at least thinking they know in my opinion out of thinking they don't know).  Without ever tackling the notion of spirit and consciousness into the equation. Don't let these fools take spirit out of the equation. The presence of the one infinite creator is here.