Bring4th

Full Version: your special "go to song(s)"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought I would start a thread for music that helps you through life, your go to song if you need a "pick me up" or just a track that really helped you at an emotional level.

This track has really helped me =)

This not only is my go-to song, but it is what I would tell an angel what I liked best about life when I pass on.

How can I keep from singing by Enya.

And this is the sound of my soul.

When I heard these lyrics, "When you believe in things that you don't understand, and you suffer, superstition ain't the way" it literally altered my perception and my seeking began.

I cannot say how grateful I am for the presence of Stevie Wonder in my life. His music alone turned my ship around. He is the saviour in my life.

I would love to give him a cuddle one day  BigSmile

Good for a nice pick-me-up

ain't no one gonna turn me 'round

this song is about a draft resistor. particularly powerful song IMO for evoking that feeling of knowing you're on the right path even when everyone around you is doubting you or telling you you're wrong or bad or whatever.
Whether I'm at my highest or lowest this song seems to transcend all the feels:

Peace and blessings manifest
With every lesson learned
If your knowledge were your wealth
Then it would be well earned
If we were made in His image
Then call us by our names
Most intellects do not Believe in God
But they fear us just the same
Yeahhh that song/part specifically gets me going, too. Good stuff.
Now this was a surprise addition for me, I just find the lyrics so energetically comforting and "we can do this!" at the same time...

"we are, we are; soldiers of the light... and we will glow"

This is my "life in transition" track...  

"as a member of the family of light, the ability to change reality exists innately inside you. You must create a belief system where by you can do this. Your language is encoded and sounds create reflected images that stimulate and structure consciousness"

lived so long on nothing,
just to say where we've been

and all the times and things been through,
had to be, to be renewed