Bring4th

Full Version: Spiritual Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just finished watching Mr Nobody. Thanks for the suggestion.
http://tashiandthemonk.com/

A 40 minute short documentary.

Description:

On a remote mountaintop a brave social experiment is taking place.

Buddhist Monk Lobsang was trained under the guidance of His Holiness the Dalai Lama but 8 years ago he left behind a life as a spiritual teacher in the United States to create a unique community in the foothills of the Himalayas which rescues orphaned and neglected children.

5 year-old Tashi is the newest arrival. Her mother recently passed away and she’s been abandoned by her alcoholic father. Wild and troubled, Tashi is struggling to find her place amongst 84 new siblings.

Lobsang has channeled his own unhappy childhood into an opportunity for other ‘uninvited guests of the universe’ to avoid a similar fate. But Can the community’s love and compassion transform Tashi’s alienation and tantrums into a capacity to make her first real friend?
Paulo Coelho's Best Story

(Não Pare na Pista: A Melhor História de Paulo Coelho)

I felt it inspiring despite bad reviews ...
Thank you for the suggestion loostudent Smile

For some reason I find very spiritual The Year of Living Dangerously by Peter Weir.
Groundhog Day BigSmile
The Greatest Gift (El Mayor Regalo)

Quote:“The good guy kills the bad guy and the audience applauds.” This is the typical ending for the perfect “happy ending.” But . . . isn’t something missing?

If violence was limited to the movie screen and used only as fiction . . .. it could work. But this is not the case.

Reality has shown us that the ancient rule of “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth” is what we employ at every turn and the result is: divisiveness, rancor, hatred, violence, insults, and humiliation . . . .
Conclusion: this is not a happy ending, nor the end, but the beginning of an interminable series of unhappy chapters staring real people.

Faced with the bleak panorama of the culture of divisiveness and confrontation, we can be persuaded to join the conflict, or simply complain . . . or we can do something positive to undermined so many "haters” on the lose.

My option is clear: Action! I want to encourage a peaceful society by making known the effectiveness of forgiveness. I don’t know of any other solution that has the capacity to put an end to war.

Asking for forgiveness and forgiving works 100% of the time!

THE GREATEST GIFT manifests this, not with theories, but with real stories of reconciliation where peace finally triumphs over war. In each case, it seemed impossible.

That is why, I can’t be satisfied that THE GREATEST GIFT is only “liked.” I aim for something much more important: that it heals deep wounds in the hearts of our viewers. I hope that everyone finds the strength to ask for forgiveness and to forgive. This is what a happy ending is all about!

(Juan Manuel Cotelo)
Children Who Chase Lost Voices
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1839494/

crazy heckin wild adventure!
"The City of Lost Children" by Jeunet & Caro. I am a sucker fort their films (The fabulous Amelie from Montmartre.) This one is very dark, verging on the grotesque (like several from the same director), still there is the shining beacon of love and support behind the silent, strong front of an amazing Ron Pearlman (maybe his best role.) Still, i must admit the movie is quite dark and broody, and not everybody's cup of tea. I still drop a tear just by thinking of the fantastic relationship between Ron and "Miete," a young urchin.
(10-01-2015, 03:04 PM)upensmoke Wrote: [ -> ]the law of the sun

i found this on youtube if anyone is interested
Pages: 1 2