Bring4th

Full Version: Spiritual Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here are the ones that I have, or am in the process of ordering:

3 Magic Words
The Secret
ORBS: The Veil is Lifting
The Human Experience
I AM
Awake in the Dream
Infinity The Ultimate Trip

Am I forgetting any good ones?
Joyeux Noel
What Dreams May Come
Waking Life

(great thread!!!)

Astral City. It was OK. It's free on Amazon Prime.
(09-29-2015, 08:03 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]What Dreams May Come
Waking Life

(great thread!!!)

Excellent both of them. I ordered Waking Life. I've seen it before.
I think we have What Dreams May Come.
I AM - We affect each other's hearts. We affect each other's minds. Consciousness is linked into the quantum world.

"And God says 'I don't have anyone else except you'".

Love is in our DNA.
I know its been mentioned elsewhere, but I Origins (2014)
(09-29-2015, 10:09 PM)Parsons Wrote: [ -> ]I know its been mentioned elsewhere, but I Origins (2014)

Thanks. I ordered the blu-ray which funny enough was cheaper than the DVD. We have a 3D blu-ray player which upscales blu-ray to 4k.
Hi, spiritual spirit fans.

How about the first line of my signature ?. . .What the BLEEP. . .?!
It is a combination of science and spirituality, and a story to mix the two !!

A 3 DVD kit. I watched it 6 times, now! My brother, 10 times!
We always see something new, we missed before !!

It TOTALY changed my way of thinking, and acting too,
and as the signature says, it got me HERE !!! B-)

Blue skies.
(09-29-2015, 07:41 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Am I forgetting any good ones?

The Fountain is a very spiritual movie at it's core.

not a movie, but Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is an extremely spiritual journey.  But don't know if anime is your thing or not BigSmile
These are some spiritually inclined films/documentaries that I love:

1. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter

2. 2001: A space odyssey

3. Baraka

4. Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds

5. Frequencies

6. Blade Runner

As for animated series, I am currently enjoying Mushishi (available for streaming on NETFLIX) 
The Holy Mountain by Jodorowsky.
"Cloud Atlas" doesn't get enough love, IMO. The core message of the movie is basically an illustration of the interconnectedness of human lives, the nonstop teaching/learning cycle, and how karma can ripple across centuries. It could also be seen as a metaphor for the ongoing "battles" between STS and STO philosophies, summed up by two statements of philosophy that get repeated at multiple points throughout the movie. It's really an amazing work and I consider it a shame that it stayed "under the radar" despite the huge names/talent involved in making it.
(10-01-2015, 01:00 AM)APeacefulWarrior Wrote: [ -> ]"Cloud Atlas" doesn't get enough love, IMO.  The core message of the movie is basically an illustration of the interconnectedness of human lives, the nonstop teaching/learning cycle, and how karma can ripple across centuries.  It could also be seen as a metaphor for the ongoing "battles" between STS and STO philosophies, summed up by two statements of philosophy that get repeated at multiple points throughout the movie.  It's really an amazing work and I consider it a shame that it stayed "under the radar" despite the huge names/talent involved in making it.
I loved the book version of cloud atlas, but unfortunately like many book to movie adaptations i feel the film didn't quite live up to its potential. I love the works of Watchovski siblings; Matrix and V for Vendetta are phenomenal, however their ambition to put big themes into a single movie doesn't always translate well on screen (Jupiter Ascending is one example). Although the cinematography and acting were of Cloud Atlas were on point, the pacing and some editing  scenes made the movie feel rushed and at times stretched out. I feel that episodic format like Sense8 would do the movie true justice, I would've loved to see extended storyline of "Somni 451" but I understand how budged and casting consistency would make that a difficult project.  Nevertheless I still liked the movie, I just understand the negative criticism that was attached to it. 
I've never read the book, so I have no comparison there. But I still think the Cloud Atlas movie stands on its own as one of the most interesting movies-about-ideas that's been made for awhile, especially considering that it manages to stay largely within conventional action/adventure formats while dealing with much higher-level philosophy.

Plus, it's so rare to have a movie that really rewards re-watching, like it does. I've seen it three times, and I keep noticing details I'd missed previously. Like how the repetition of "The weak are meat and the strong do eat" vs "From womb to tomb, we are bound to others past and present" across the ages really does summarize the STS vs STO philosophies in a nutshell.
Ok, I ordered Cloud Atlas. Been wanting to see that.
(09-30-2015, 07:17 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2015, 07:41 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Am I forgetting any good ones?

The Fountain is a very spiritual movie at it's core.

not a movie, but Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood is an extremely spiritual journey.  But don't know if anime is your thing or not BigSmile

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is expensive on Amazon. They have 2 collections and an OVA. Not sure what OVA is although it is cheaper.
OVA is just the Japanese version of "straight to video" - they made it just for VHS/DVD release, and not as a syndicated television show or theatrical release.
The Holy Mountain - movie with each scene represented by a tarot card.

El Topo spiritual cowboy western. super enlightening.

Wavelength - et kids escape a military facility.

the cellestine prophecy, -ascension movie

dark city, - ascension movie

lucy - ascension movie

defending your life - afterlife movie

Les Maîtres du temps (The Time Masters) - movie about the confederation of planets who move and manage stars and galaxies. featuring a false angelic tribe, a representative of this federation of temporal space. very awesome movie

Paul 2011 - umm who doesn't like a movie with nick frost and simon pegg?

Then there's just about every iron man has some significant hidden thing being revealed.
the law of the sun
yah; what Jade said.  Although I haven't seen these particular OVA's.

It is pricey.  But each collection has like 10 hours of content.  But it's probably better to see if you like it before taking the plunge.  I'm sure you can find some streaming video of it online Smile

it's not a personal recommend; because anime is something you either like or you don't.  It's very stylized, and has it's own visual vocabulary.

but the topic of the thread was Spiritual Movies Tongue  Excuse the throw in.
How about if we limit it to spiritual documentaries. One's where we learn something.
Would these be documentaries where we learn something about the Universe?

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter

2001: A space odyssey

Baraka

Inner Worlds, Outer Worlds

Frequencies

Blade Runner

The Holy Mountain - movie with each scene represented by a tarot card.

El Topo spiritual cowboy western. super enlightening.

Wavelength - et kids escape a military facility.

the cellestine prophecy, -ascension movie

dark city, - ascension movie

lucy - ascension movie

defending your life - afterlife movie

Les Maîtres du temps (The Time Masters) - movie about the confederation of planets who move and manage stars and galaxies. featuring a false angelic tribe, a representative of this federation of temporal space. very awesome movie

Paul 2011 - umm who doesn't like a movie with nick frost and simon pegg?
Ostrov (2006) "The Island"
Oh wow, Defending Your Life. I totally forgot that movie existed. Good call.
I recommend getting a subscription to http://www.gaiamtv.com/ it has a huge library of spiritual shows.  The best money I have spent on any media in a long time.
(11-09-2015, 07:43 PM)Kel Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend getting a subscription to http://www.gaiamtv.com/ it has a huge library of spiritual shows.  The best money I have spent on any media in a long time.

It seems like they only take Paypal, and Paypal cancelled my account so I can't use them.
Also their order page loaded really slow.
wanna seek Awake on Netflix.  It's a movie about Yogananda - of the Autobiography fame.

(11-09-2015, 07:43 PM)Kel Wrote: [ -> ]I recommend getting a subscription to http://www.gaiamtv.com/ it has a huge library of spiritual shows.  The best money I have spent on any media in a long time.

might be worth considering Smile
Mr. Nobody

Samsara
(12-02-2015, 04:01 AM)INFITISMALin2 Wrote: [ -> ]Mr. Nobody

got about halfway through this yesterday.  It's great.  Shows what happens when confronted with a situation that has no viable solution (or no acceptable solution to the mind), and withdrawal from decision making is the result.  Creates a kind of yellow ray fracture.

really superb film-making.

:tu:
Pages: 1 2