Bring4th

Full Version: Spirituality and hair length
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:We have identified the hair, just to update ourselves according to the trend. But the truth is that, it consists of the most vital sources of energy for a human.

The significance of hair on our head is much more than just looking good.
In this world, human is the only being who can grow hair on his/her head, once the growth starts.
If we leave our hair uncut, it grows to a certain length and stops growing by itself. The length may differ from person to person.
[Image: 9055173.jpg?165] According to the yogic tradition, hair is a wonderful gift of the nature, that helps to raise the Kundalini energy, which is the force that increases the energy, tranquility and intuition.

Because, when you let your hair grow fully and coil it on the crown of the head, the "Pranic Energy" or "Life Force" flows down from the top of the head (Crown Chakra) to the base of the Spine (Muladhara Chakra).

So, as a counteract to this downward flow, inactive and coiled Kundalini energy at the base of the Spine, becomes active and raises to create balance.

http://www.ultimatetruthofself.com/highe...ce-of-hair
I think Ra mentioned that the hair can serve as an 'antenna'.

how long is your hair darklight?

Quote:75.34 Questioner: Well, is there an optimum length of hair for this aid?

Ra: I am Ra. There is no outer limit on length but the, shall we say, inner limit is approximately four to four and one-half inches depending upon the strength of the contact and the nature of the instrument.
(10-05-2015, 01:23 PM)Bring4th_Plenum Wrote: [ -> ]I think Ra mentioned that the hair can serve as an 'antenna'.

how long is your hair darklight?

Quote:75.34 Questioner: Well, is there an optimum length of hair for this aid?

Ra: I am Ra. There is no outer limit on length but the, shall we say, inner limit is approximately four to four and one-half inches depending upon the strength of the contact and the nature of the instrument.

My hair is at my shoulders.

When I was 30 (I'm now 44), my hair started to falling out in a male pattern way. I decide to use oral finasteride and minoxidil, and later oral dustasteride and minoxidil combine, my hair stopped falling out and grew back.

My hair was always important to me. Smile
The Vril had really long hair. I believe the Nazi's used them for their psychic powers.

[link]
When my son was a baby, a shaman told us to not cut his hair until age 5, and he would retain his natural psychic abilities. So that's what we did. (He chose to keep his hair long later too.) This matched what Ra said about hair being an antenna.

I think there's a reason that young men started letting their hair grow long during the 60s hippie revolution. It helped them open up their hearts and their consciousness! And many musicians still have long hair...I think there's a connection to creativity too.

I can't let my hair grow out because it's too curly and just gets into a tangle. I think I've gotten to 2 or 3 inches. Plus I develop a rash on my head if hair stays too long. I used to shave myself bald.
I believe a beard has also an important function.
It's not a coincidence that many prophets and men in the ancient times were all bearded.

Rasputin, Osho and many other religious or spiritual men today are all bearded.
Do we have any members who have intentionally shaved their heads? Would you like to share whether you noticed a difference or not?

Didn't notice any difference in spirituality when I shaved my head.

I felt closer to the Tibetan Monks who I believe shave their head.
I've shaved my head before and it had no impact on my psychic abilities. Over my life I've had both very long and very short hair and never noticed the slightest difference.
(10-05-2015, 05:56 PM)Yera Wrote: [ -> ]I've shaved my head before and it had no impact on my psychic abilities. Over my life I've had both very long and very short hair and never noticed the slightest difference.

How about other emotions? Like, more sensitive, more compassionate, or stuff like that? (This question is directed at you too, Gemini, and anyone else who's done that.)

(10-05-2015, 05:51 PM)IndigoGeminiWolf Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't notice any difference in spirituality when I shaved my head.

I felt closer to the Tibetan Monks who I believe shave their head.

Oh I forgot about that. That's really interesting that they would do that, being that Ra said it's an antenna-like substance and was very particular about Carla's hair. Hmmm...

The way I see it is we're already infinitely connected to the Field, just by being.
I've never noticed any difference with any of it, except a change in temperature. I usually cut my hair short in the summer so I stay cooler.
Perhaps it only has a bearing on extremely narrow band channelings like Ra.

A huge chunk of the reason I grew out my hair was to see if it enhanced any of my natural abilities. I feel that it has but that could also be the placebo effect or simply my natural progression.
I usually let my hair grow. I feel more tuned when its combed and groomed gently (versus quickly in a hurry). But otherwise I think Ra's words are as said, meant in regards to Narrow-Band communications, which means longer hair might help attract like an antenna does, certain 'currents' (frequencies, and/or vibrations?)

But I think baldness is a form of attraction too.

Hair may literally just be another spiritual tool.

A supplement? (I can't think of the word, its on my tongue!)
A... I'll edit if I remember it. . .
(10-05-2015, 05:49 PM)Monica Wrote: [ -> ]Do we have any members who have intentionally shaved their heads? Would you like to share whether you noticed a difference or not?

I shave my head about every other day. I started doing it in my early twenties (I'm 28 now) because my hair started thinning out when I was about 18 or 19, so I just started shaving my head early on just to get used to it. I notice when I keep my head shaved I feel less judgmental of others physical appearances in general, and at the same time I feel happy for those who have hair and carry or display it in a meaningful way. Although, I will say that never having to worry about having a bad hair day is remarkably liberating, and to be honest I do feel much more spiritually attuned when I keep my hair shaved. In fact, when I shave my head the very act feels like a spiritual process itself, sort of like a reflection on impermanence and how hair growth, like growth or life in general, is never static and always changing, always yielding to new creations or possibilities (I could always rock a sweet ponytail if I really wanted to, I suppose). So I guess I could say when I shave my head frequently I tend to see death (hairs go away) and rebirth (hairs grow back) in a way that makes me aware of the impermanent nature of the universe, that any day could be our last, and not to become overly attached to Earthly beauty while still remaining appreciative of it as it occurs in the present moment.
I'm now 44 (male) and just shaved my head for the first time this week.  I had hair well past my shoulders from 19-27, and from 27-this week my hair has almost always been longer than the 4-4.5" Ra mentions.

I've never noticed the slightest difference any time I had short vs. long hair and haven't noticed anything this week.  +1 on IndigoGeminiWolf we are infinitely connected through our Being.  

Maybe (probably) it's just my own ignorance, but there are things important or suggested by Ra that I truly don't think have much importance in 3rd density and Ra may not truly appreciate all the differences between what's important in 6th density vs 3rd density.

Some of this deals with 'locus of control' issues and I'm not terribly into placing lots of importance on objects external to self, which for me includes my hair.  It's how I'm taking responsibility of working through blockages on the lower levels (chakras) on a daily, consistent, basis with unrelenting perseverance.

But, I have no psychic gifts (don't want any either) and am truly ignorant about nearly everything.  I meditate with my palms down rather than up and I've been much more into the current of manifestation rather than liberation as that is the balance I'm supposed to work on.  Long hair may have importance for people with special abilities I do not have so I can't say anything past my own experience.

Shaving my head felt like a spiritual experience (what doesn't feel like a spiritual experience?).  Also, when I first cut my hair from past my shoulders to a 'normal conservative' looking haircut at 27 was one of the best things I ever did.  Not only for vanity issues, but older people would smile warmly at me and I could smile back at them in a brief loving exchange it was really nice to be able to connect with people who would have judged me otherwise.  In turn, I grew to be less judgmental of others and much more accepting.

Length of hair must be a very subtle issue, too subtle for me to notice or pay attention to.
(10-08-2015, 07:59 AM)bodhidharma Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe (probably) it's just my own ignorance, but there are things important or suggested by Ra that I truly don't think have much importance in 3rd density and Ra may not truly appreciate all the differences between what's important in 6th density vs 3rd density.

Some of this deals with 'locus of control' issues and I'm not terribly into placing lots of importance on objects external to self, which for me includes my hair.  It's how I'm taking responsibility of working through blockages on the lower levels (chakras) on a daily, consistent, basis with unrelenting perseverance.

Well hair couldn't very well be important in 6D as they are not incarnated into a physical vehicle. Hairs are a function of the 3D human bodies we inhabit. In my case I think it mainly makes me feel more in tune with my true nature. Been growing them for 15 months now.

(10-08-2015, 07:59 AM)bodhidharma Wrote: [ -> ]But, I have no psychic gifts (don't want any either) and am truly ignorant about nearly everything.  I meditate with my palms down rather than up and I've been much more into the current of manifestation rather than liberation as that is the balance I'm supposed to work on.  Long hair may have importance for people with special abilities I do not have so I can't say anything past my own experience.

I think everyone has special abilities/gifts, some are simply born with more talent to using them (which is part of their programming), was not my case so I had to open my awareness to feel subtle energies consciously more and more. Faith and dedication are the two keys, having a high vibration does help too.

I think psychic gifts are simply the true nature of our reality, whereas not having any is being cut off from our true nature.
I'm trying to develop the ability to talk with angels or ascended masters. But I'm not using hair for that. My hair is like 2-2.5" long.
Here's an interesting post from ATS forum

Our culture leads people to believe that hair style is a matter of personal preference, that hair style is a matter of fashion and/or convenience, and that how people wear their hair is simply a cosmetic issue. Back in the Viet Nam war however, an entirely different picture emerged, one that has been carefully covered up and hidden from public view. 

In the early nineties, Sally [name changed to protect privacy] was married to a licensed psychologist who worked at a VA Medical hospital. He worked with combat veterans with PTSD, post traumatic stress disorder. Most of them had served in Viet Nam. 

Sally said, " I remember clearly an evening when he came back to our apartment on Doctor's Circle carrying a thick official looking folder in his hands. Inside were hundreds of pages of certain studies commissioned by the government. He was in shock from the contents. What he read in those documents completely changed his life. From that moment on my conservative middle of the road husband grew his hair and beard and never cut them again. What is more, the VA Medical center let him do it, and other very conservative men in the staff followed his example. As I read the documents, I learned why. It seems that during the Viet Nam War special forces in the war department had sent undercover experts to comb American Indian Reservations looking for talented scouts, for tough young men trained to move stealthily through rough terrain. They were especially looking for men with outstanding, almost supernatural, tracking abilities. Before being approached, these carefully selected men were extensively documented as experts in tracking and survival. 

With the usual enticements, the well proven smooth phrases used to enroll new recruits, some of these indian trackers were then enlisted. Once enlisted, an amazing thing happened. Whatever talents and skills they had possessed on the reservation seemed to mysteriously disappear, as recruit after recruit failed to perform as expected in the field. 

Serious casualities and failures of performance led the government to contract expensive testing of these recruits, and this is what was found. 

When questioned about their failure to perform as expected, the older recruits replied consistantly that when they received their required military haircuts, they could no longer 'sense' the enemy, they could no longer access a 'sixth sense' , their 'intuition' no longer was reliable, they couldn't 'read' subtle signs as well or access subtle extrasensory information. 

So the testing institute recruited more indian trackers, let them keep their long hair, and tested them in multiple areas. Then they would pair two men together who had received the same scores on all the tests. They would let one man in the pair keep his hair long, and gave the other man a military haircut. Then the two men retook the tests.

Time after time the man with long hair kept making high scores. Time after time, the man with the short hair failed the tests in which he had previously scored high scores. 

Here is a typical test: 

The recruit is sleeping out in the woods. An armed 'enemy' approaches the sleeping man. The long haired man is awakened out of his sleep by a strong sense of danger and gets away long before the enemy is close, long before any sounds from the approaching enemy are audible. 

In another version of this test the long haired man senses an approach and somehow intuits that the enemy will perform a physical attack. He follows his 'sixth sense' and stays still, pretending to be sleeping, but quickly grabs the attacker and 'kills' him as the attacker reaches down to strangle him. 

This same man, after having passed these and other tests, then received a military haircut and consistantly failed these tests, and many other tests that he had previously passed. 

So the document recommended that all Indian trackers be exempt from military haircuts. In fact, it required that trackers keep their hair long. " 
I've been growing mine since October 2012. It's kinda half-fro, dreading down past my shoulders.
I notice a difference depending on how I wear it.
Same again with my beard. It's about 6 months long n it aids communication.

I'm 35 and have had short hair for all my life bar two occasions.
The only other time was when I was 21-22. During this period I had a vision.
I'm growing my bangs out. I ask myself "Why am I the only one here at work with bangs??"

And my work is generally a 'high stress' environment, but we have lots of fun. I work as a Dishwasher at a classy Restaurant underneath a Theater. Within two days of expressing this intention, two co-workers suddenly decide to 'Wear' their bangs on the same day. I made sure to tell both of them how much I loved their bangs, lol

But i'm sure they both unconciously 'felt' my intention with their long hair, and their hair responded!!
My last haircuts were June 19th 2013, June 10th 2009 and circa April 2004. I don't remember too much of what it was like before then, but its never been shorter than my shoulders in all that time. I guess I would have to shave my head or get it really short if I were to try and notice a difference. I prefer to give myself 4/5 years apparently, so I don't really want another trim until June 2017 maybe...
I think culture has a lot to do with this phenomenon. In a culture where long hair is commonplace or even regarded as sacred, suddenly having it cut could easily produce psychological and even physical symptoms, whereas in a culture where it is common to be bald (such as in a Buddhist monastery), being forced to grow out one's hair could have just as detrimental an effect.

You definitely do not need long hair (or any hair) to have psychic abilities.
I love trimming the hair on my head short, like just a few millimeters, I do it about every 3 or 4 weeks and every time I do it, it makes me feel lighter and refreshed. if I need to do anything with my hair, it is way to long but it nearly ever gets that long. Feel a little like a monk when it´s fresh and just stub short Tongue
I can't remember the exact story but there is a tale of Native Americans in one of the wars being utilized for their ability to track people etc.
When they enlisted them, they cut their hair...then they couldn't do it anymore.

They said it was a result of cutting their hair.
Today I had a fight with my mom, but I saw it coming seconds before it happened.  My hair is now nearing over 5 inches and everything seems to feel more intuitive.

Maybe hair length does provide an aid, but I really wouldn't attribute all intuitive capability to it.

Maybe you can for others, but not for me, maybe its a biological link of sorts that is energetically crystallized the longer its used in such a way, making it one faculty to utilize through hair length.  Would make sense in this way why hair was related to native Indian capabilities.  Unless for them its just how their biological bodies operate.

Iunno.  Just noticed longer hair does help make my intuition heard to myself.