Bring4th

Full Version: Difficulty sleeping after meditating at night?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had long since given up on meditating at night due to the electric buzz and mental race that ensues but my girlfriend and I decided to increase our frequency of meditation last night. As soon as we sat down in front of each other,  we both experienced a rush like none before. It was an immediate vertigo with an intense ear piercing ringing in our ears. I drifted off while she had to remove her earplugs because her entire right side became heavy along with her right nostril became plugged. It was as if her entire right side became extremely heavy while I was spinning like I was on a ride at the fair.  

Once we went to bed,  I was yawning from exhaustion from the days work but then became completely awake from the buzz the I get after meditating. I felt as if something was happening yet couldn't figure out what. All of a sudden,  she asked me what I was thinking about and all I could say was cosmic inpourings. Cosmic inpourings everywhere. Not sue what that meant but I couldn't fall asleep for an hour afterwards which is typical after meditating at night. 

Anyone have similar experiences with meditating at night? 
Very cool Jeremy.

No , I have not experienced something quite like that before, but it sounds to me like a kundalini activation.   

It's awesome that you and your girlfriend experienced it together.  You can make a lot of spiritual progress quickly with that energy, and used the radiance to help uplift the planet with the intention to do so.

If you are experiencing cosmic inpourings, you can try writing or artwork or music...something creative to express it.  Your creativity is really heightened right now.

When I awakened kundalini, I was buzzing for quite awhile. But I had too many chakra blockages to deal with, and was unable to use the energy creatively per se. But it was really good to clear the blockages, that in itself uplifts the planet.
The thought just came to me about the channels.  Kundalini basically is twin energies that intertwine along the central channel.  There is the lunar side, solar side and central channel.  so there may be some imbalance or blockages that caused the experience to be heavy on the right side.

No worries though. Once awakened, the energy knows what to do to heal and balance.  It's just important to pay attention and stay grounded.
Thanks for the information. Our morning meditations have lacked the intensity and to be honest, our discipline and commitment to meditating has waned for some weeks but we have now found a comfortable spot on the floor where my knees don't ache like crazy and our feet don't go numb so the addition of facing each other on the same level has really increased the intensity of our sessions. I just wish I could sleep after meditating at night. I can feel a constant vibrating buzz throughout my entire body afterwards along with my mind going a million miles a second about seemingly nonsense.
Yes I get this too, its like when I meditate for too long I open a gateway to "Universal static" of some kind of fuzzy random perceptive energy. Enough to keep me very buzzed and awake. Not to mention the visual phosphene activity is kind of insane, and I see all sorta of geometric things, sober
The only thing I have found myself able to do in these states is hardly use my left brain at all to understand; Let only forgiveness be your mantra, and everything is turned down 5 notches in intensity now the acceptance is kicking in. Now your existence just the flow of forgiveness for the self's insane energy.

Other than that I try to shut down and close every chakra one by one and just focus on my core star as a candle or something soothing. I just wish my higher self would let me sleep sometimes. But usually she tries to keep me awake until I find the understanding or idea I have been seeking all day. If I have gone the entire day not understanding what I am supposed to understand, she will keep me awake.
(10-06-2015, 08:39 PM)Jeremy Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the information. Our morning meditations have lacked the intensity and to be honest,  our discipline and commitment to meditating has waned for some weeks but we have now found a comfortable spot on the floor where my knees don't ache like crazy and our feet don't go numb so the addition of facing each other on the same level has really increased the intensity of our sessions. I just wish I could sleep after meditating at night. I can feel a constant vibrating buzz throughout my entire body afterwards along with my mind going a million miles a second about seemingly nonsense.

It sounds like you are running a lot of power / energy.  Is there something you can do with it? If you focus, you could probably have really great effects.  I am thinking healing effects which requires focused attention and intention.

Doing something that is very grounding can be helpful too.
Yeah, I'd also suggest looking into grounding techniques, if the 'buzz' is interfering with sleep or work or whatever. The planet is happy to absorb whatever extra energy you have and can't use. I also discovered one day that kneeling and bowing so that my head touches the floor, in the manner of the Muslims or some Eastern practices, is amazingly good for grounding. It's like completing a circuit, somehow. For me, at least, the excess energy dispells almost instantly.

But I still generally prefer slower grounding methods unless I'm REALLY worked up and need to clear out the energy asap. Still, you might give it a try.
Also, Meditation lying in bed. Best way to fall asleep.

Eye pillows are great if your eyes are full of energy as well.
I've experience a lack of desire to sleep after meditations at night which have thrown off my sleep schedule. but I haven't experienced the mental racing. Often when I have a good meditation session I get this feeling like I have been gone for a long time and just returned...able have a much clearer perspective on things...feeling energized and passionate...I think this is what has kept me awake.