Bring4th

Full Version: The Quixotic Quest: The Story & Identity of L/L Research
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi forums,

I wrote a short book about L/L Research.

Quote:From the book:

"Don initiated his intensive, lifelong search for answers in 1955. He saw tantalizing clues and puzzle pieces all around him, and intuitively knew they pointed to a greater reality, and told a greater story, but what was that story? What great truths remain hidden behind the curtain?

Don held a peculiar confidence that he could gain those answers. Consequently, he gave himself completely to the quixotic quest of investigating the leads on the far edges of human understanding - leads that conventional thinkers utterly ignored and dismissed - and pursued them unremittingly year after year.”

The Quixotic Quest: The Story & Identity of L/L Research is a book that provides a sense of who and what L/L Research is, where it’s been, how it came to be, and where it may be headed. It is the first time this has been attempted in a cohesive, streamlined, and integrated fashion.

I explained the genesis and purpose of the book in the Author's Note in the first few pages, so I won't duplicate that here.

Just wanted to share for the few of you who may be interested.

http://llresearch.org/library/the_quixot...quest.aspx

Also if you have any thoughts regarding how the book can be improved, or where it can be expanded, please let me know! It would be great to make a fuller telling of the Don/Carla/Jim complex's story sometime down the road, along with the biography of this little but metaphysically awesome L/L Research ship.

Lots of love and light,
GLB
Thanks Gary, 

I gave the introduction a read before downloading and transferring the pdf to my phone. It will be eagerly consumed during my lunch breaks at work. You have a gift for writing that I feel needs to be noted here by the way  Smile

Much Love L/L "Overlord"  Tongue

Heart
Keep it up buddy!
Congratulations. It's an accomplishment writing a book and requires conviction to complete it. It also sounds really interesting. I will definitely read it.  Smile
Thanks guys!

Sixteen years ago or so I had lurked for some time on David's Asc2k (the former incarnation of divinecosmos) but couldn't bring myself to post. Though it was just a subscription email list, posting felt akin to speaking in front of people, a terrifying prospect to a confident-absent me.

When I made my first tentative steps out my shell, took a big leap, and posted, it was hard going. I was so nerve-wracked. Fortunately, as happens on Bring4th with new members, I was greeted warmly and with love. And gradually become comfortable with posting.

From then until now it's been an incremental process of becoming more comfortable in my own skin, especially in front of, or in relation to, others.

This project is another small step in that direction. There are still lingering threads of discomfort that are activated when I realize that I've put something of my own making in my own name so out there.

My mom, actually, shared a link on her facebook, announcing proudly that her son is a "published author!" Firstly, a huge exaggeration, though I appreciate the love and support. Secondly, I've been on the fence about kindly asking if she would consider deleting it from her timeline.

It's difficult enough to put this in front of actual Law of One readers, but to imagine someone attempting it without the proper contextual framework for understanding? No where do I describe what channeling is. Or how the Ra Contact worked, or what it means to be stolen away to negative time/space. I shrink in the thought of a person uninitiated in the Law of One reading the piece.

But, I believe it would be well to get over myself, as they say. : )

And hopefully write an actual introduction and full telling somewhere down the line.

Love, GLB
Jeez, Gary, it was not a short book, and it should not be in the "Olio" section! It should be somewhere where it will always be seen and available in the forums! But that's just my opinion.

Awesome job and lots of love! Heart
i enjoyed the footnotes.

[Image: 3Iy4Znn.png]
(10-08-2015, 02:09 PM)Bring4th_GLB Wrote: [ -> ]I wrote a short book about L/L Research.

My very best wishes and congratulations on a stupendous effort, Gary. :thumbs up:
(10-15-2015, 04:30 PM)Ankh Wrote: [ -> ]Jeez, Gary, it was not a short book, and it should not be in the "Olio" section! It should be somewhere where it will always be seen and available in the forums! But that's just my opinion.

Awesome job and lots of love! Heart

Lol. Funny you should say that it's "not a short book," as your single comment after my Homecoming presentation was: "Well, it was kinda long."

Thanks to you, Confused, and I think isis for the positive feedback!

The book is on available on the website. As to this thread, there's really not another good home. Though now that Artistic Endeavors has launched, it might be betters suited there.

I shall leave that to the Forum Organizer. Smile