Bring4th

Full Version: Dead Couples
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a friend that was nearly in tears today. For months she has an issue with her partner: He didn't want to talk about the future of their partnership and he didn't want to spend emotional time with his girl, nor have adequate sex with her.

And it seems there is a pressure in our world to keep these literally or nearly dead couples, partnerships alive without any reason, except that one often depends on their partner for money, shelter and basic assistance that is needed to exist in this world.

Why should one cling to a partner that provides basic needs even when a basic sense of compassion, growth and emotional support isn't even provided?

With this said, we have offered this friend our home in the case she wishes to part with this partner whom no longer communicates. We shall see that the future is well for our friend.

----

Anyways, this is my focus in life nowadays: Free, open sharing of emotions.
-----
-----
What compels people to stay together can be very complex. Certainly financial considerations are often a factor, especially for women. Though I do think humans tend to want to possess, and find it hard to let go because of it. Self-worth gets wrapped up into what others think of us, so to let go of a sexual partner (for some people) can mean letting go of something that defines who we are. And then, there is simply the pain of separation, and grieving.

It is a very kind thing to offer your friend a place to stay.  Heart
Or it may be she still loves him...it is very difficult to cut off when it comes from the heart. Takes a lot of strength to walk away and stand by yourself.  I really feel for her.